Author Topic: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?  (Read 28560 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Pete Carroll chastises Mark Sanchez...WTF?
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
Jimmy Clausen = the new Ron Powlus.

we'll see

i'm just saying it's too early to call him a bust, brady quinn went from being a bum his sophomore year to projected 1st round pick after his junior year

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 12:55:13 PM »
most qb's aren't ranked #1 coming out of highschool.

vince young was and he didn't start making a name for himself until his REDSHIRT sophomore year, playing on a more experienced texas team

E
E

body88

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 12:56:16 PM »
true. but at age 50, leaf won't ache at night, while peyton will.  having a ring would rock though, i'll give ya that.

Do you think pro football players think like that?  Do you think the great ones worry about aches later on in life.  Manning may ache at night, but he will also be remembered as one of the best ever at the thing he loved to do most.  Leaf will be a nobody that people make fun off and what people aspire not to be. Manning will be a in the HOF, extremley rich and he will have lived an amazing life.  I think most pro's would like to have a few aches at night for the chance to live their dream.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
we'll see

i'm just saying it's too early to call him a bust, brady quinn went from being a bum his sophomore year to projected 1st round pick after his junior year

E

It is too early to declare Clausen a bust, but I don't think he's going to turn out to be a Brady Quinn.

body88

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 12:57:46 PM »
It is too early to declare Clausen a bust, but I don't think he's going to turn out to be a Brady Quinn.

Is it to early for Alex Smith too?  Another QB bust who was supposed to be a beast.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
have you seen who's sanchez's replacement is? usc is fucked.

USC isn't fu*ked Mitch Mustain will step right in. He has SEC experience, played HS and Arkansas with USC's top WR and was a #1 prospect
Abandon every hope...

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 12:58:43 PM »
Do you think pro football players think like that?  Do you think the great ones worry about aches later on in life.  Manning may ache at night, but he will also be remembered as one of the best ever at the thing he loved to do most.  Leaf will be a nobody that people make fun off and what people aspire not to be. Manning will be a in the HOF, extremley rich and he will have lived an amazing life.  I think most pro's would like to have a few aches at night for the chance to live their dream.

You have a very romanticized perspective of how pro athletes think.  You're reaching in an effort to justify your argument, but its not working out very well at all.  

What does any of this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 12:59:37 PM »
vince young was and he didn't start making a name for himself until his REDSHIRT sophomore year, playing on a more experienced texas team

E

again, the point flew right over your head

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »

Is it to early for Alex Smith too?  Another QB bust who was supposed to be a beast.

qb's in college typically don't start until their 3rd year in the program at the earliest

heck sanchez didn't start until his 4th

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
again, the point flew right over your head

says the guy who brought up jimmy clausen and is wondering why i'm talking about him

E
E

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »

Ever heard of Rich Gannon?  Kurt Warner?  Not everybody hits a home run at their first few at bats.

Alex Smith looks to be a bust, but his career is not over yet.  We'll find out in due time.

body88

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
You have a very romanticized perspective of how pro athletes think.  You're reaching in an effort to justify your argument, but its not working out very well at all.  

What does any of this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

Not working out? I just gave you stats that showed that 85 percent of college qb's over the last 10 years who have less than 35 starts FAIL in the NFL. you're argument is based on your opinion that everyone is different, and that Mark can succeed.  I think I win that one since I based my argument on actual statistical evidence, not just my feeling on the situation.

I'm not being romantic at all.  Most great players want to be the best at what they do, and they don't worry about aches and pains later on in life. I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf would love to be where Manning is now.  But he still has his 5 million bucks that he has left over, and he is still laughed at and hated all around the country.

body88

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »
Ever heard of Rich Gannon?  Kurt Warner?  Not everybody hits a home run at their first few at bats.

Alex Smith looks to be a bust, but his career is not over yet.  We'll find out in due time.

Ok, but I showed you real stats that have showed that college qb's with less than 35 stars fail on the NFL 85 percent of the time.  Smith is a bust.

You gave two examples of guys who got better later in their career. Now give me the list of those who didnt.  It's going to be much longer than the one you just gave me.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
Not working out? I just gave you stats that showed that 85 percent of college qb's over the last 10 years who have less than 35 starts FAIL.  You're argument is based on your opinion that everyone is different, and that Mark can succeed.  I think I win that one.

I'm not being romatic at all.  Most great players want to be the best at what they do, and they don't worry about aches and pains later on in life.  I'm pretty sure Ryan Leaf would love to be where Manning is now.  But he still has his 5 million bucks that he has left over, and he is still laughed at and hated all around the country.

Tell me how they fail, body88.  QUANTIFY failure.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 01:06:39 PM »

Ok, but I showed you real stats that have showed that college qb's with less than 35 stars fail on the NFL 85 percent of the time.  Smith is a bust.

You gave two examples of guys who got better later in their career. Now give me the list of those who didnt.  It's going to be much longer than the one you just gave me.

As I said before, statistics are a guide and not a rule.  I'm done arguing with an illogical person who doesn't know how statistics are used properly.  You can't DEFINE or QUANTIFY anything, so I'm going to stop wasting my time with you. 

body88

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Tell me how they fail, body88.  QUANTIFY failure.

Follow the link provided.  They fail as being effective starters in the NFL.  Again, over 85 percent of the college qb's who came out with 35 starts or less FAILED in the NFL.  That is a fact.  With all due respect your the one reaching.  You're telling me that Mark will excel in the NFL because you think he can and because everyone is different.  I'm saying that I hope he does but statistical evidence compiled over the last tens years says he wont.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 01:07:53 PM »

Smith's career is not over.  Even then, you can't define what constitutes a "bust."

body88

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
As I said before, statistics are a guide and not a rule.  I'm done arguing with an illogical person who doesn't know how statistics are used properly.  You can't DEFINE or QUANTIFY anything, so I'm going to stop wasting my time with you. 

You're done because you got stonewalled.  I just told you, 85% of the college QB's who come out with less than 35 games played in school FAIL in the NFL.  Fail means they are not effective starters and the team is forced to search for a new QB because the one they have is a BUST and is not capable of running an NFL team and helping them win. Fail, bust...you know not succeed, get cut, not effective, ineffective, not a good investment, not able to grasp the position etc.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
Follow the link provided.  They fail as being effective starters in the NFL.  Again, over 85 percent of the college qb's who came out with 35 starts or less FAILED in the NFL.  That is a fact.  With all due respect your the one reaching.  You're telling me that Mark will excel in the NFL because you think he can and because everyone is different.  I'm saying that I hope he does but statistical evidence compiled over the last tens years says he wont.

I simply stated that he made a decision based off his draft stock and made a logical choice.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE.  

Do you think Leinart should have stayed?  There are plenty of guys who have failed in the NFL who stayed all 4 years in college.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
You're done because you got stonewalled.  I just told you, 85% of the college QB's who come out with less than 35 games played in school FAIL in the NFL.  Fail means they are not effective starters and the team is forced to search for a new QB because the one they have is a BUST and is not capable of running an NFL team and helping them win. Fail, bust...you know not succeed, get cut, not effective, ineffective, not a good investment, not able to grasp the position etc.

Coaches, surrounding personnel, and management decisions also come into play when determining whether or not a player is effective.

There is a reason why many teams continually get high draft picks and continue to lose games every year.  It's called SHITTY MANAGEMENT.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »
Smith's career is not over.  Even then, you can't define what constitutes a "bust."

I would say a bust, such as Smith or possibly Sanchez, would be a guy who goes in the upper first round, does little to nothing for a few years, and is subsequently out of the league in half a decade.

body88

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 01:13:17 PM »
I simply stated that he made a decision based off his draft stock and made a logical choice.  PLAIN AND SIMPLE.  

Do you think Leinart should have stayed?  There are plenty of guys who have failed in the NFL who stayed all 4 years in college.

I don't have an opinion on Leinart right now....I have to look at his numbers.  We are talking about Mark Sanchez who has started less than 35 games in college. And according to the stats I showed you, 85% of college qb's who come into the NFL with less than 35 starts have failed over the last ten years.  Fail, does not do well, is cut, is a bust, causes their team to lose, ineffective, not good.....I don't know how much more I can clarify it for you.  

I hope Sanchez does well, I just think the chances are against him.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:22 PM »
Coaches, surrounding personnel, and management decisions also come into play when determining whether or not a player is effective.

There is a reason why many teams continually get high draft picks and continue to lose games every year.  It's called SHITTY MANAGEMENT.   

True, one commentator said it best the year Bush/Leinart left, "USC's best player is still there, Pete Carroll." 

I think Carroll's the reason why USC is such a "clutch" team that doesn't lose big games...oh well, still, as a Trojan, i'm still pissed to see VIVA SANCHEZ go.  :-\

Good to see fellow Trojans posting on getbig though  ;D
just not good enough

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

leaf and manning are both winners though.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
I don't have an opinion on Leinart right now....I have to look at his numbers.  We are talking about Mark Sanchez who has started less than 35 games in college. And according to the stats I showed you, 85% of college qb's who come into the NFL with less than 35 starts have failed over the last ten years.  Fail, does not do well, is cut, is a bust, causes their team to lose, ineffective, not good.....I don't know how much more I can clarify it for you.  

I hope Sanchez does well, I just think the chances are against him.

Leinart is not doing well so far.  He was beaten out by Kurt Warner and is not in favor with the Cardinals.  He's a party boy who doesn't take his job as an NFL QB too seriously.  He had some nice moments his rookie year, but that was two years ago and he hasn't been heard from since...unless partying with 18 year old girls constitutes being heard from. 

The NFL is extremely unpredictable and it's impossible to say whether Mark will succeed or fail.  Many upperclassmen who went to school and played 2-4 years failed miserably at the pro level. 

Whatever the case is, Pete Carroll was extremely vengeful and demonstrated little grace at Mark's press conference today.  There was NO REASON to call Mark out like that in front of a group of reporters on what should have been a day of celebration.  I understand Pete may have disagreed with Mark behind closed doors, but what he did today was ridiculous.  He potentially could cost Mark money and hurt his draft position.  In the end, I think Mark will have the last word...he's an intelligent guy who will perform well on the wonderlic test and I think he'll perform very well at the combine and at pro workouts.

In part, I hope Mark succeeds to spite Pete Carroll.