Author Topic: KEEPING GAINS  (Read 4639 times)

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
Re: KEEPING GAINS
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
speak for yourself because i kept about 50 percent of my gains from my last cycle and have been off for months...i also train all year around naturally and maybe do one or two cycles a year..

44zoomer

• Getbig I
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »
speak for yourself because i kept about 50 percent of my gains from my last cycle and have been off for months...i also train all year around naturally and maybe do one or two cycles a year..

What do you think helps you keep your gains? What are you taking?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 07:51:00 AM »

not being a "cycle warrior", diet, PCT, & training.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
not being a "cycle warrior", diet, PCT, & training.
wrong .

you come of cycle and no matter how hard you train or diet you will quickly shrink to your natural self...which won't be much ...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
In 8 or 9 years of using steroids, I've still to see one person keep anywhere near 100% of their gains consistently cycle after cycle, it's b.s , it doesn't happen. You may think in your head that you haven't lost much after coming off, and even if you do proper PCT and up your proteins and jump on creatine and tribulus and all that b.s you will still lose more then 50% of your gains after coming off and being off for a while.

Losing 50% of your gains?

Are we talking LBM or strength gains, or both?

I don't agree with this.

If you are losing that much of what you gained, then you're a hyper-responder to AAS or you don't eat right when you're off.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
wrong .

you come of cycle and no matter how hard you train or diet you will quickly shrink to your natural self...which won't be much ...

What you're saying has some truth to it and what the others are saying does to but I don't think anyone is taking in one of the biggest factors.

Once you come off, like Sev said, you will start going back towards your natural self. However, your natural self should not be what it was once before...you've still been lifting and eating right, if you hadn't been on cycle and you ate and lifted right you would have still made gains. Point being, if you do things right, you shouldn't be all the way back to square one once you come off...just like if you were natural you would still make gains.

So a lot of the gains, although the AAS helped out a lot, they still came from two things and it was these two things that played the biggest role...food and weights.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »
well i think the most important thing to keeping gains are nutrition and post cycle...i also kick my sets back during post cycle soo im not overtraining...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
well i think the most important thing to keeping gains are nutrition and post cycle...i also kick my sets back during post cycle soo im not overtraining...
Agree , its the attention to every aspect and getting your own body producing hormones again asap that determines what you keep.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 09:23:09 PM »
Agree , its the attention to every aspect and getting your own body producing hormones again asap that determines what you keep.
yepp and once you know how your body works its that much easierr

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 12:45:22 AM »
Hopefully you haven't been dealing with the Russian counterfeits.
DIV

dunno about now, but russian stuff used to be really good back in the day...plus u could buy a lot of shit over the counter

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
dunno about now, but russian stuff used to be really good back in the day...plus u could buy a lot of shit over the counter

Most of the counterfeits in the market are coming from eastern europe.

Russia and Poland are the main culprits.

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 02:58:38 PM »
wrong .

See Arnold's post.

Did I say you'd keep everything? No. I did my first cycle when I was about 215lbs. After god knows how many steroids later & having stopped for over a year did I go back to that? No.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »
See Arnold's post.

Did I say you'd keep everything? No. I did my first cycle when I was about 215lbs. After god knows how many steroids later & having stopped for over a year did I go back to that? No.

So you still have more LBM than when you started, right?   ;D

DIV

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »
So you still have more LBM than when you started, right?   ;D

DIV

More then likely. Let myself get a little lazy & soft this summer after two hand surgeries but all is well.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 10:26:27 AM »
i think a lot of the guys on here mistake gains for being how much weight you put on...the real gains are strength and lean body mass...