Author Topic: Patriots Steal Signals ( merged mega thread)  (Read 31271 times)

body88

Re: Report: Patriots Bring Spies to Meadowlands; Steal Signals From Jets
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
win if u can
lose if u must
but always cheat  ;D

Did coach genius cheat on his wife as well?

No they where divorced. ex husband of the chick got pissed beli was talking to his old wife.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2007, 11:41:02 AM »
They wont.
One can only hope.  

The rules are clear about the violation.  I dislike cheaters.  I hate cheaters who cheat stupidly.

The pats were my second favorite team.  Not anymore.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »
Didn't know my was spelled "Body88". Tell me, does Tom prefer a blowjob or prostate exam before games from you?

Hahaha.you mentioned that once in awhile you play golf.I can imagine your internet "persona" playing golf ;D
your golf balls with pics of antcraw and pumphard on them ;D
make a long put and screaming"I pwoned you bitch" ;D
crushing a long drive and screaming "get off my scrotum bluto" ;D
 ;D ;D ;D

body88

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »
One can only hope.  

The rules are clear about the violation.  I dislike cheaters.  I hate cheaters who cheat stupidly.

The pats were my second favorite team.  Not anymore.

The broncos lost a third and a fifth for messing with the cap after repeated warnings. Niners along the same lines. Stealing signs is common place in the nfl. The pats where dumb enough to get caught. What they did was have a cam present on the field. There is no rule against stealing signs its taping them with a cam thats wrong. A first round pick would be overkill. Especially since the tape was confiscated before the pats even looked at it. The jets new about the "guy" all game. There own words.

Wheres the punishment for the phins stealing audio, or Mangini tampering last year? The fact is the pats are being mad an example. What they did was wrong, but if you think stealing sings is this massive finding you would be nieve.

I have to wait until I hear official word from the nfl before I form an opinion. Since they flat out said they did not confirm the pats cheated at anything. They merley said they violated leauge rules. When Goodel issues his statement we shall see what they actually did.

Im not saying what the pats did was ok, Im saying wait until you hear from the boss on what is going on. Most these writers freaking out are the same guys who had moss being traded last week.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
One can only hope.  

I agree.  And it's not like they needed to do this to win.  They have the best coach in the NFL, the best QB in the NFL, a good defense, etc.  Really unnecessary. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
They wont.

Don't be so sure. Goodell might use the Pats as an example about how this behavior will not be tolerated in anyway. The cost could be heavy. Why wouldn't the NFL dish out a heavy punishment, such as a 1st round pick(s)?

If the Pats get off easy then what would stop other teams from trying to get away with it knowing the price is small if found guilty of doing it?

I like Goodell. This guy does not fuck around.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
I Bet it will be two picks over two drafts....thats whats been rumored...of course most of whats come out is rumor etc.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
The broncos lost a third and a fifth for messing with the cap after repeated warnings. Niners along the same lines. Stealing signs is common place in the nfl. The pats where dumb enough to get caught. What they did was have a cam present on the field. There is no rule against stealing signs its taping them with a cam thats wrong. A first round pick would be overkill. Especially since the tape was confiscated before the pats even looked at it. The jets new about the "guy" all game. There own words.

Wheres the punishment for the phins stealing audio, or Mangini tampering last year? The fact is the pats are being mad an example. What they did was wrong, but if you think stealing sings is this massive finding you would be nieve.

I have to wait until I hear official word from the nfl before I form an opinion. Since they flat out said they did not confirm the pats cheated at anything. They merley said they violated leauge rules. When Goodel issues his statement we shall see what they actually did.

Im not saying what the pats did was ok, Im saying wait until you hear from the boss on what is going on. Most these writers freaking out are the same guys who had moss being traded last week.

"Everybody does it" is a weak defense.  Stealing signs goes on all the time.  Video taping signs is different.  Why?  B/c the rules say so.

body88

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:48 PM »
"Everybody does it" is a weak defense.  Stealing signs goes on all the time.  Video taping signs is different.  Why?  B/c the rules say so.

Good thing im not using that as a defense.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:23 PM »
Good thing im not using that as a defense.
You use an iteration of it:  everybody breaks rules...

I understand your point.  You want to see some even-handedness in the scrutiny and punishment for all rule violations.

I still think Belichick was incredibly stupid for giving this spying the okey-dokey.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2007, 01:28:28 PM »

Hahaha.you mentioned that once in awhile you play golf.I can imagine your internet "persona" playing golf ;D
your golf balls with pics of antcraw and pumphard on them ;D
make a long put and screaming"I pwoned you bitch" ;D
crushing a long drive and screaming "get off my scrotum bluto" ;D
 ;D ;D ;D

hahahaha yes! Fortunately, one of my better friends here is a golfing machine and another one is on the UConn golf team. Monster free lessons. Irons are getting pretty good as a result.  ;D

body88

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2007, 02:02:59 PM »

How do you know video taping signs doesn't go on all the time? Do you really believe in the world of the NFL that Belichick is the only coach to employ such methods? There are current and former NFL players and coaches coming out of the woodwork now commenting on how this is common practice.

If a particular practice is relatively common league wide then why isn't the outrage directed at the act itself and not just the coach/player that was caught? I view this particular episode the same way I view performance enhancing drugs in the NFL. They are a common practice and until they are totally eliminated those individuals that are caught will not outrage me.

I felt the same way about Merriman as I do Harrison.

He was caught and he'll pay the price but to condemn the man for an action that many others do while not condemning them as well is unfair.

body88

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2007, 02:05:46 PM »
How do you know video taping signs doesn't go on all the time? Do you really believe in the world of the NFL that Belichick is the only coach to employ such methods? There are current and former NFL players and coaches coming out of the woodwork now commenting on how this is common practice.

If a particular practice is relatively common league wide then why isn't the outrage directed at the act itself and not just the coach/player that was caught? I view this particular episode the same way I view performance enhancing drugs in the NFL. They are a common practice and until they are totally eliminated those individuals that are caught will not outrage me.

I felt the same way about Merriman as I do Harrison.

He was caught and he'll pay the price but to condemn the man for an action that many others do while not condemning them as well is unfair.

Check out what Sean Salisbury said on nfl live, lol.

This is an unbelievable story; to me because I don’t think is a big deal.It is an absolute Joke.Bottom line the Patriot Players are way better than the Jets Players and is not close.

He goes on to say on the hotseat

Even if the jets where on steriods they would have never won that game on sunday!! He also said he thinks "this is the most overblown topic right now." And the league should just "fine him $50,000 dollars and move on"

Dan reeves.. lol

According to Reeves he used to have his backup QB try and figure out defensive signals while on the sidelines, and one of his QB's was particularly good at this and usually by half time he'd have their defensive signals figured out.

Shula and Parcells said about the same things. What the pats did was wrong, but a clear overreaction to the situation is going on.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
If this were the Buc's nobody but NFL live and maybe a segment on the NFL network would be carring it. I heard about the charges on FOX News after the league sent out its press release on the subject.
L

body88

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:34 PM »
I love the people claiming this had an outcome on the jets game. The tape was confiscated in the first quarter, lol. before the pats even had a chance to look at it. Whatever makes the jets feel better!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2007, 03:09:32 PM »
I love the people claiming this had an outcome on the jets game. The tape was confiscated in the first quarter, lol. before the pats even had a chance to look at it. Whatever makes the jets feel better!

Who would think this made a difference?

The Jets got spanked.   

body88

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2007, 03:33:29 PM »
Who would think this made a difference?

The Jets got spanked.   

A lot of people who dont really know what there talking about. Just love to hate the patriots.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »

I just wonder, if it had no outcome on the game, Why do it in the first place?

The Jets suck. I mean save it for next week when San Diego comes to town.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 08:43:40 PM »
I don't think it played an outcome in the game but it could have, even though it was removed in the first quarter.  Match up the hand signal to the polaroid taken before each play, and you can figure out what hand signal means when that formation comes up again.
Y

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2007, 07:03:45 AM »
There is a report in the NY daily news that said that Herman Edwards' staff used to wave to the camera and say "Hi Bill", and continue on with calling plays. They'd mix in fake signals. No big deal. Mangini and Bill don't get along anymore. Some idiots on Sirius NFL radio were calling for BB to be banned for life or for the year. Of course they were all callers from either AFC East rivals or from top tier AFC teams. I've not heard one former player or coach say that they should get crushed. Most have said that this happens alot by most teams. Sean Salisbury says the whole thing is ridiculous. Either way, pay a fine loose a pick or two and get over it.
L

body88

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »
I don't think it played an outcome in the game but it could have, even though it was removed in the first quarter.  Match up the hand signal to the polaroid taken before each play, and you can figure out what hand signal means when that formation comes up again.

It has been confirmed the pats never saw the tape. It had absolutly no outcome at all. You need to look at the tape to do what you are proposing. Impossible since the camera man never gave the pats the tape. And when searched had no communication devices on him. What the pats where doing was trying to exploit a loophole in the nfl rulebook. It is illegal to tape and use signals for a game in progress. It is however not illegal to tape signals archive them and review them later. Nfl teams do anything they can yo get an advantage. Unfortunatly for Bill the loophole will not be allowed.

body88

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »
I just wonder, if it had no outcome on the game, Why do it in the first place?

The Jets suck. I mean save it for next week when San Diego comes to town.

The camera man was removed before the pats ever got that tape. That has been confirmed. What happened had absolutly no effect on that game. The pats where trying to expose a loophole. The rules say you cannot film and use signals during game time. They do not however say you cannot film and archive signals for later use. Obv they comish is just going to say yea ok, and punish them.

This is so overblown. The jets are looking for an excuse. While the pats screwed up, the jets had the tape 8 min into the game. It was just reported.

What gets me is the witch hunt some have going. Ward of the steelers claimed the pats knew what was coming when they played in a afc game years ago. I think someone forgot to tell Heinz that the steelers offensive signals are done by radio on a secure channel used by the steelers only. There are not hand signals to be taped. Nothing to decode. No idea how two kick returns by the pats for td's would chalk up to anything less the the steelers special teams sucking. Just proof of an available excuse people want to exploit. That and people are very jelous of Bill. He is not a very warm guy, so people are loving this. What the pats did was wrong, but people are taking this way to far.

Lastly if the pats where swiping signals it hasent helped them much in the last 2 years. Since you know indy scored a monster amount of points in the second half in the afc game this year. Guess the pats knew what was coming and the colts are just so superhuman they couldent stop them ::)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 08:34:48 AM »
How do you know video taping signs doesn't go on all the time? Do you really believe in the world of the NFL that Belichick is the only coach to employ such methods? ....
I don't know if video taping signs doesn't go on all the time.  I also don't know if other coaches have employed the same method.

What I do know is is that Belicheat got caught for video taping signals of an opponent.  That's cheating.

Everything you said is probably true, but Belichick got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

It's like speeding, everybody does it but if you're caught by the cops, you pay the penalty.

On the other hand, what should the NFL do?  Turn a blind eye to a cheater caught red-handed?

That's bad policy.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
L