Author Topic: Iran Announces Successful Missile Test - 1200 Miles - 2000Km  (Read 1601 times)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
Iran Announces Successful Missile Test
Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Email This Article
Print This Article
Print All Articles
Iran said it tested a new solid-fuel missile today capable of hitting targets in southeastern Europe and Israel, the Associated Press reported (see GSN, May 18).

"Defense Minister (Mostafa Mohammad Najjar) has informed me that the Sajjil 2 missile, which has very advanced technology, was launched from Semnan and it landed precisely on the target," Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said, according to state radio. The Iranian leader reportedly delivered the remarks in Semnan, a city roughly 125 miles east of Tehran.

The Sajjil 2 missile is a land-based weapon capable of traveling up to 1,200 miles, according to AP. Last year, Iran indicated it had test-fired its original Sajjil missile, which has a comparable range (see GSN, Nov. 12, 2008).

Observers in Israel and elsewhere worry that Iran's nuclear program could produce weapons that might one day be placed on missiles (see GSN, May 19). Tehran says its atomic activities are strictly civilian in nature and that its missile operations are solely a means of defense (Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press/Yahoo!News, May 20).

"Our concerns are obviously based on their nuclear ambitions and the implications that long- and medium-range missiles have with respect to that," U.S. Defense Department spokesman Bryan Whitman said.

"Iran is at a bit of a crossroads. They have a choice to make," he added. "They can either continue on this path of continued destabilization of the region or they can decide that they want to pursue relationships with countries in the region and the United States that are more normalized."

A U.S. defense source told Reuters that the launched missile was similar in appearance to an existing Iranian weapon.

"It looks to be the same as the Ashura model," the official said "It's consistent with that look" (Morgan/Gray, Reuters, May 20).

http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/nw_20090520_2839.php

To all you morons who think that Iran should be left to to their own thing  ::)
Now they can strike deep in Europe,India,Egypt and it will only get worse.

Peaceful nuclear technology my ass  ::)

I made a little map for the geographically disabled people to see it graphically.

To all the AL Qaida members such as Samson, Pillow-biter, Matzi , Jag and others, don't even bother replying here, you're not welcomed.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Iran Announces Successful Missile Test - 1200 Miles - 2000Km
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »
Israel and Europe already have adequate missile defence shields...I dont think this is such a big deal

In fact this may actually be a good thing since the russians might finally start playing ball

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
To all you morons who think that Iran should be left to to their own thing 

LOL... seriously... who the F on getbig has said "Yeah, Iran really should get nukes, great idea".

I mean, it's like campaigning against those bastards who paint the walls with the brains of baby seals.  Of course nobody backs that shit.

of course they don't need nukes.  The issue is, do we get into a 3rd war (tougher than the first 2) to stop them, or do we let Israel cook their asses. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
what has Israel done for us lately?

i mean even lowly pakistan is trying to fight off the taliban...

Israel is an ally doing exactly what? 
carpe` vaginum!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
Israel and Europe already have adequate missile defence shields...I dont think this is such a big deal

In fact this may actually be a good thing since the russians might finally start playing ball

Missile defence is still an unproven technology, the most advanced anti missiles in the world the Patriot 2 and Arrow 2 are both still far from finished or reliable.

And when you speak of biological/chemical/NUCLEAR payload....that's a chance you CAN'T take!

In regards to 240 question, do you remember who we speak of? If they will have nuclear missiles then you would surely see WW3, before that they can still be contained, now you have the advantage.
When they get nuclear capabilities shit will definitely hit the fan....those people have clearly showed they're not afraid of dying to MAD won't be a deterrence for them...they want to get their 72 virgins  ::) this is who we deal with here.

Just imagine, 5 years from now....Iran can have 1000 of 5000Km warheads ready to launch....one day those fuckers will claim Allah told them to die for him....and poof...no more Europe,India and a few more...they will be destroyed too...but who care? You will have a billlion people dead by then!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 11:39:24 AM »
those people have clearly showed they're not afraid of dying to MAD won't be a deterrence for them...they want to get their 72 virgins  ::) this is who we deal with here.

What has iran done to show this 'clearly'?

(Of course I'm all about letting Israel cook their asses any time.  However, their nukes IMO are part of a self-defense plan, since the pipeline will eventually run thru their yard, and they know whether its 1, 5, 10, or 30 years from now, we'll eventually iraq their asses.)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
What has iran done to show this 'clearly'?

(Of course I'm all about letting Israel cook their asses any time.  However, their nukes IMO are part of a self-defense plan, since the pipeline will eventually run thru their yard, and they know whether its 1, 5, 10, or 30 years from now, we'll eventually iraq their asses.)

Iran is probably the world biggest terror supporter, for example they train,equip and fund Hizballah, Hamas and other organizations.

Self defence....yeah...since there are no other countries in the world with oil  ::)
Your oil theory have been blown off by me a long time ago , or do I need to remind you of a simple little thing that is called math?

How come no one ever spoke of attacking Canada,Russia,Venezuela or any other country that have lots of natural resources yet all those countries that seem to be into terror and molest their own people are the only ones at risk  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
You think the first thing that iran will do once they get nukes is fire them all off, and commit suicide.  I don't.

We talk all the time about attacking Venez.  We want to set up camp on columbia border and let another tonken happen.  Russia has nukes, that's why we're not interested in their oil  Same with saudi.  Canada shares a border, and are a strategic partner.

Iran is one of the few oil rich nations we'd love to run, that we can still get our paws in.  Libya is kissing our ass because they were on the top 10.  We'll be in africa soon enough.

Greatest Oil Reserves by Country (2005)
Saudi Arabia (262 billion barrels)
Canada (179)
Iran (126)
Iraq (115)
Kuwait (102)
United Arab Emirates (98)
Venezuela (77)
Russia (60)
Libya (39)
Nigeria (35)

Read more: http://internationaltrade.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_ten_oil_countries#ixzz0G6dHfL4a&B

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »
You think the first thing that iran will do once they get nukes is fire them all off, and commit suicide.  I don't.

We talk all the time about attacking Venez.  We want to set up camp on columbia border and let another tonken happen.  Russia has nukes, that's why we're not interested in their oil  Same with saudi.  Canada shares a border, and are a strategic partner.

Iran is one of the few oil rich nations we'd love to run, that we can still get our paws in.  Libya is kissing our ass because they were on the top 10.  We'll be in africa soon enough.

Greatest Oil Reserves by Country (2005)
Saudi Arabia (262 billion barrels)
Canada (179)
Iran (126)
Iraq (115)
Kuwait (102)
United Arab Emirates (98)
Venezuela (77)
Russia (60)
Libya (39)
Nigeria (35)

Read more: http://internationaltrade.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_ten_oil_countries#ixzz0G6dHfL4a&B

Your logic fails due to:

1.Simple math, as I showed you before,  war cost VS oil reservoir (not to mention that you don't get it all like you see in Iraq) is hardly profitable with a direct calculation, not to mention considering all the overhangs.

2.Plenty of countries on your list that never feared an invasion, plenty of countries with other resources such as diamonds,metals,gas and others that never feared an invasion.

3.Venezuela president isn't the most sane person and seem to get closer and closer with Iran, that's is why he is looked upon closely. Notice that the nations that fear action are the ones with crazy leaders, for example North Korea, what is the economical gain there?

4.I don't want to see if you're right or wrong (probably) in regards to Iran intentions for their nuclear capabilities, the stakes are too high.

Please keep your feet on the ground and stop CT on an hourly basis.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
3.Venezuela president isn't the most sane person and seem to get closer and closer with Iran, that's is why he is looked upon closely. Notice that the nations that fear action are the ones with crazy leaders, for example North Korea, what is the economical gain there?

There is no gain to bombing N Korea.  that's why Bush kissed their ass by paying them off, and Obama let them launch a rocket without knocking it down.  You spend a trillion invading them and lose a lot of men, and you gain nothing but a shitty rock with some minerals.

Iran has the 4th largest oil reserve in the world.  if you don't think control of that much oil is worht a war, you should study history.  people have gone to war for a lot less!  Mccain himself admitted the war was about oil, bush admitted it, Greenspan admitted it, and most people have realized it by now.

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 12:15:55 PM »
what has Israel done for us lately?

i mean even lowly pakistan is trying to fight off the taliban...

Israel is an ally doing exactly what? 

Not to mention that isra-wrath-hell has had missiles that can reach Iran for how long ??
There are two terrorist states in the world which have nuclear weapons, the USA & Israyhell. Both are clear & present dangers to the entire planet. The greater threat is Israyhelll, because she can destroy Western civilization & possibly make the entire planet uninhabitable.

Goose & Gander old chasp -
Goose & Gander.
Growth/noob loves me

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 12:32:04 PM »
There is no gain to bombing N Korea.  that's why Bush kissed their ass by paying them off, and Obama let them launch a rocket without knocking it down.  You spend a trillion invading them and lose a lot of men, and you gain nothing but a shitty rock with some minerals.

Iran has the 4th largest oil reserve in the world.  if you don't think control of that much oil is worht a war, you should study history.  people have gone to war for a lot less!  Mccain himself admitted the war was about oil, bush admitted it, Greenspan admitted it, and most people have realized it by now.

You still didn't explain why other countries with natural resources (including oil) aren't the issue.

Lets do some math, 126E9 * 80$ = 10.08Trill$ , this means that the theoretical value of the reservoir is 10Trill, considering that oil is an industry that have pretty small profit margins due to the immense labor and machinery involved than you're talking about 10% profit that equals 1Trill which is much lower than what a war with Iran would cost.

Even if we double the oil barrel price you will still be borderline breaking even with the direct war cost, when you take into account all the other losses due to war and reconstruction of an occupied territory and the fact that most of the income from the oil will be kept in the new government that will be formed there (like in Iraq) than you get a big negative income on your little plan.

Now before you come and explain to me how wars of the past were profitable than remember that those were wars from the past, then you could wipe down a city full of women and children and all the others would STFU, today that doesn't happen not to mention that running a war today is much more costly due to the technology that is involved and the human rights on both sides of the tables (including the salaries of your soldiers).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »
You still didn't explain why other countries with natural resources (including oil) aren't the issue.

These countries have nukes, they're already in bed with us, or they are on the shit list.

We took out the countries on both sides of iran (afghanistan and iraq) and a lot of troops and bases in the area.

hey, Iraq never got hear this close as Iran is.  Iraq let UN inspectors in, nothing was found, and nothing sitll has been found.  iran, on the other hand, announced they have nukes and are now firing off rockets.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
Iran announced that it has nuclear technology for civilian power.  The plutonium can also be used for a nuclear weapon if they do deem it necessary. 

Who made America the nuclear police? Why are there no inspections of Israeli facilities? Why no out cry over their facilities?

As for that silly map i mean really do you think Iran is going to bomb Sudan and Romania? How about India? Nope not gonna happen.  In fact Iran is one of the few Islamic countries opposed to Al-Queda and the Taliban.  They should be an friend not a foe. 
Abandon every hope...

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
These countries have nukes, they're already in bed with us, or they are on the shit list.

We took out the countries on both sides of iran (afghanistan and iraq) and a lot of troops and bases in the area.

hey, Iraq never got hear this close as Iran is.  Iraq let UN inspectors in, nothing was found, and nothing sitll has been found.  iran, on the other hand, announced they have nukes and are now firing off rockets.

You only give more reasons to deal with them.

And you're wrong,"in bed with us" that's a meaningless statement.Since oil is a commodity that is traded in an open market it doesn't matter (that much) if you are in good relations with them or not.
Worst case scenario is that you buy your oils from others or through someone who directly buy from Iran, problem solved.

Now you still haven't answered the question, you seem to think that oil is the only resource in the world, natural gas,diamonds,metals and minerals are just as important, why countries that have plenty of those aren't an invasion target?

Also, your invasion theory holds no water when you speak of allies, an ally profit on you just like an enemy since the world economy is bigger than any country. So by your logic invading Canada is a valid possibility.

Last but not least....address the simple math....or do you once again will go into a meltdown and post 50 CT videos?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »
Iran announced that it has nuclear technology for civilian power.  The plutonium can also be used for a nuclear weapon if they do deem it necessary. 

Who made America the nuclear police? Why are there no inspections of Israeli facilities? Why no out cry over their facilities?

As for that silly map i mean really do you think Iran is going to bomb Sudan and Romania? How about India? Nope not gonna happen.  In fact Iran is one of the few Islamic countries opposed to Al-Queda and the Taliban.  They should be an friend not a foe. 

Your kidding me right. Israel isn't threatening to bury destroy or waste Iran. Iran said yesterday that they could take out Israel in 11 days. I must have missed all the threats coming from Israel. As far as AQ, they support AQ and supply them in Iraq. they also support, train and supply Hamas and Hezbuallah. Keep shoving ur head in the sand.
L

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 04:24:23 PM »
I must have missed all the threats coming from Israel.

what were the odds of israel hitting iran back in 03 had bush said yes? Furthermore, why play stupid lol

my pet chiwawa knows israel wants to send iran in to chaos, and vice versa

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
I wonder if our neo-cons would support an invasion of Canada with enthusiasm? ???
I hate the State.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
Iran likes to rattle their sabers. They're nothing but a bunch of pussies that fund terrorist groups to do their bidding as they're incapable of doing it themselves. Everyone can see they're scared of Israel. The best way to deal with them would be to fund a proxy war of assassinations and bombings after we get out of this economic mess and Iraq/Afghanistan.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »
Your typical Iranian:

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 09:05:35 PM »

Big surprise that you support Iran  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:31 PM »

Big surprise that you support Iran  ::)
::)

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »
I wonder if our neo-cons would support an invasion of Canada with enthusiasm? ???

Only the part Jag lives in.

Fury

• Getbig V