Author Topic: FRANK ZANE IS LOOKING UNREAL at 64!!! PIC!  (Read 34028 times)

Charlys69

• Getbig III
Re: FRANK ZANE IS LOOKING UNREAL at 64!!! PIC!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »
Maybe he is planing to doing the olympia this year... ???  a former Mr. Olympia is qualified for lifetime...(that`s no joke ;))

He is looking in very good shape for this age, no question about that.

Frank Zane  (nickname in the 70`s "the chemnist")

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »
Fake, fake, and fake.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »
Frank has been known to allow photo shopped pics to get out. Look at his left shoulder there, and see how smooth it is? ??? If he's that lean, and ripped, then that shoulder wouldn't be near that smooth. Probably would have striations all over.
Plus, he didn't look that good 40 years ago as Mr. Olympia!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »
Frank and Larry Scott are about the same age as me. I haven't been impressed with the size of either guy in recent years. My arms are almost as big as when I was in my prime so I don't know what those guys have been doing re training. Frank hasn't looked that young over the years. That is the way it goes. He is obviously posing with some light dumbbells for some fitness magazine.

I smiled when I read on his site that he is probably the most educated champion bodybuilder. What an ego. When he came to my apartment in 1979 or so he told me that I don't have to visit Disneyland because I had been in Fantasyland all my life. That was in relation to a statement made in Muscle Builder after I won the Mr Canada contest in 1970.

Former Mr Olympias should look a lot better than what I see in recent photos of Frank and Arnold. He was born on June 28, 1942 according to the internet. He got his MA in experimental psychology from a campus in San Bernadino.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 04:02:26 PM »
Of course, here's Basile with his circle jerk bullshit about how he still looks as good as said old school bodybuilder when he never looked as good as them in his prime.  ::)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
Frank's right forearm in that pic looks very strange. He has a very unnatural peak on his forearm, and the taper is strange. I say "shopped."
a

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »
ALL DRUGS

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
Zane boasts about how educated he is and implies he is more intelligent than most bodybuilders. Well, how come he doesn't have bigger arms? I find my arms growing rapidly when I apply my theories to training them. They are growing faster than they did when I was still enterring contests. I know more about training now than I did back in the old days. I have also built some new gym equipment that I installed in my gym. I had a patent for a biceps-supinator machine and have the only such machine in the world in my gym.

It could well be that Frank chooses to be smaller and I can accept that. Where is Frank Zane? He doesn't post on Getbig yet has been on the internet for years. Not many guys who have won national titles have a go at posting on this gossip board. Where is Larry, Arnold, Franco, Dave, etc.??

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 04:49:12 PM »
Gonna have to call bullshit on this one.  ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »
Zane boasts about how educated he is and implies he is more intelligent than most bodybuilders. Well, how come he doesn't have bigger arms? I find my arms growing rapidly when I apply my theories to training them. They are growing faster than they did when I was still enterring contests. I know more about training now than I did back in the old days. I have also built some new gym equipment that I installed in my gym. I had a patent for a biceps-supinator machine and have the only such machine in the world in my gym.

It could well be that Frank chooses to be smaller and I can accept that. Where is Frank Zane? He doesn't post on Getbig yet has been on the internet for years. Not many guys who have won national titles have a go at posting on this gossip board. Where is Larry, Arnold, Franco, Dave, etc.??

Only thing growing on you is your gut.
just push some weight!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 04:56:33 PM »
Frank and Larry Scott are about the same age as me. I haven't been impressed with the size of either guy in recent years. My arms are almost as big as when I was in my prime so I don't know what those guys have been doing re training.

I agree with your thoughts on Zane, his physique has never done much for me. I disagree on Larry though and think he's doing just fine. Not bad for a guy nearing his 70's.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 04:58:05 PM »

They are former Mr. Olympia's. You are not.  ;) They have better things to do with their time.
Hope this helps.  ::)
!

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 05:21:04 PM »
larry Scott looks great!!! Very healthy and fit and muscular.  The good old days of bodybuilding, when the guys were actually healthy and yes, they WERE athletes!  They ran and did out door activities for cardio. 
The Zane pix is 100% photo shopped and anyone should be able to see it.  It's not good at all and I don't think I've seen a real good photo shop anyway.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »
Yes, credit to Larry Scott for still having a great looking arm. However, if you saw Larry in person you would be surprized at how small he looks. I had him at my gym in 1979 for a seminar and he looked great. In 1991 I saw him at IRSA and I thought he looked small walking there at the trade show. I said hello but he didn't remember me.

I imagine Zane would be similar and look nowhere near as big as he was when he won contests.

I am about 225 pounds now so am carrying a lot of bulk. I might see what I can do this year to both grow at my age and also see if I can lose some fat. I can tell you it isn't easy to keep muscle and lose fat at my age. I don't use supplements or any pills or injections. Period. What I have found is that it is still easy to keep muscles growing at 64 and that is quite satisfying.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 05:58:01 PM »
Yes, credit to Larry Scott for still having a great looking arm. However, if you saw Larry in person you would be surprized at how small he looks. I had him at my gym in 1979 for a seminar and he looked great. In 1991 I saw him at IRSA and I thought he looked small walking there at the trade show. I said hello but he didn't remember me.

I imagine Zane would be similar and look nowhere near as big as he was when he won contests.

I am about 225 pounds now so am carrying a lot of bulk. I might see what I can do this year to both grow at my age and also see if I can lose some fat. I can tell you it isn't easy to keep muscle and lose fat at my age. I don't use supplements or any pills or injections. Period. What I have found is that it is still easy to keep muscles growing at 64 and that is quite satisfying.

The fact that they are "smaller" and you are walking around at 225 pounds at 64 means they will probably outlive you by 20 years.
!

Chevybigguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »
He looks bigger then what he was when he won the O.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
He looks great, and for a 64 year old extremely well.

Q

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 07:14:06 PM »
Photo I took today. No photoshopping except to reduce and crop the image. Sure I am carrying some fat but that helps to smoothe out the face, unlike those thin lined older guys.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 07:25:05 PM »
Photo I took today. No photoshopping except to reduce and crop the image. Sure I am carrying some fat but that helps to smoothe out the face, unlike those thin lined older guys.

Vince I gotta tell you, you turning into some of these young guys.  You are putting down people who have done more in the BB industry than you will ever.  What happened to you.  You brag so much now it seems you are a different person.  You have a patent and spent thousands of dollars on a machine but why.  Generally you get a patent and you sell what you made.  You brag about your business sense but I have to tell you that this was one of the stupidest things I ever heard.  You spent all that money to patent a machine that no one wants or it doesn't work.  I have never heard of someone getting a patent for a machine for themselves.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 07:26:22 PM »
zane was just on that gym show on fit tv,, he looked like a broken down old man that could hardly walk..

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007, 07:39:46 PM »
Vince I gotta tell you, you turning into some of these young guys.  You are putting down people who have done more in the BB industry than you will ever.  What happened to you.  You brag so much now it seems you are a different person.  You have a patent and spent thousands of dollars on a machine but why.  Generally you get a patent and you sell what you made.  You brag about your business sense but I have to tell you that this was one of the stupidest things I ever heard.  You spent all that money to patent a machine that no one wants or it doesn't work.  I have never heard of someone getting a patent for a machine for themselves.

hahahahahha

Seriously, Vince, it's a young mans game. It's good to see you still toss a little iron around and don't sit around in a recliner all day, but give it a rest.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »
According to Vince 1979 was a great year...everyone came to his apartment

Vince, seriously, start using supplements...a fat burner could go a long way for you
Here comes the money shot

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »
According to Vince 1979 was a great year...everyone came to his apartment

hahahhaha, yes, 2nd only to 1988 !

I talked with Ray Mentzer a lot about training when he stayed at my house in Sydney.

Ray Mentzer and his gal, Kathy, stayed at my place for months in 1987-8.

Steve Weinberger stayed at my place for a couple of days in 1988 when Ray Mentzer was staying at my place. 

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »
zane was just on that gym show on fit tv,, he looked like a broken down old man that could hardly walk..

yup saw it...That steve guyed owned Zane...Stating he wished he got someone else, that Zane was a dud or something like that...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 09:43:49 PM »
Look, Keith, everyone knows that anyone who posts here risks getting the piss knocked out of him with nasty remarks, etc. I have had my fair share of that shit and I am still here. Where are Zane and Arnold and Larry Scott? Well, maybe they don't want to be knocked and that is showing better sense.

I am not knocking Zane or Scott. I am merely saying what I honestly feel about the way they look. People on here have no trouble telling me how I look and that is the way this place goes. Your mate, Goodrum, always tells you that you are fat. Typical Getbig abuse and we have to shrug it off or stop posting here.

I feel proud about designing and building what is the best biceps machine in the world. I doubt it is marketable in its current form and I have accepted that. Had I to do it all over again I wouldn't patent it but try to sell the idea to a company that wanted it. Most people have no idea how much a patent costs because you have to deal with patent attorneys and they deal with agents in the countries you want protection in. It is easy to be smart after the fact. However, if you have something original you are keen to protect it so pay what is demanded plus the expensive yearly fees they charge which run into thousands of dollars.

I don't claim to be a good businessman. My ex, Roz, runs our gym. You will find that it is one thing to set up a gym and another to keep it open for 35 years like we have here in Sydney.