Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
SATANIC TEMPLE DEBUTS NEW STATUE!!
<< < (3/9) > >>
Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: SF1900 on July 02, 2015, 03:56:49 PM ---Bullshit. You don't care about atheists. You pity them and feel bad for them (not that I need your pity or sympathy).

Theres a big difference  between genuine care and pity.

Cut the crap.

--- End quote ---

I care a great deal about the atheists of this board and others in my non-online life as well.

A militant atheist like Hitchens or Dawkins I do pity.  There's no hope for them as their choices are set and they dedicate their lives to fighting tooth and nail against theists and Christ....it's a different level of mega-intense atheism.
SF1900:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on July 03, 2015, 02:44:00 PM ---I care a great deal about the atheists of this board and others in my non-online life as well.

A militant atheist like Hitchens or Dawkins I do pity.  There's no hope for them as their choices are set and they dedicate their lives to fighting tooth and nail against theists and Christ....it's a different level of mega-intense atheism.

--- End quote ---

No hope for them? Hope to become theists? I am sure they do not hope to become theists.

And their choices are not set. Dawkins always said he would change his opinion when presented with scientific evidence.

Same with me in that regard. There is no hope for me except to provide me with scientific evidence.

But since that is not possible since you can't test faith in a lab, there is no "hope" for me and I am fine with that.

But I am not a militant atheist and I don't fight tooth and nail. Don't have time for that. I put my efforts elsewhere.
Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: SF1900 on July 03, 2015, 04:53:52 PM ---No hope for them? Hope to become theists? I am sure they do not hope to become theists.

And their choices are not set. Dawkins always said he would change his opinion when presented with scientific evidence.

Same with me in that regard. There is no hope for me except to provide me with scientific evidence.

But since that is not possible since you can't test faith in a lab, there is no "hope" for me and I am fine with that.

But I am not a militant atheist and I don't fight tooth and nail. Don't have time for that. I put my efforts elsewhere.

--- End quote ---

Exactly there is a difference between yourself and say Dawkins.

I would certainly live out my faith before someone like Dawkins, share my terstimony of Christ but beyond that he's heard the gospel from many others and full rejected it based on a lack of impossible scientific evidence.   You and Dawkins both demand scientific evidence and that isn't how God works.   You both reject his terms and demand your own.   Can't produce God in a lab.  Your life and who you are isn't defined by atheism.   You wouldn't be publically introduced as an atheist even though you align with atheism.   Dawkins is though...big difference.
SF1900:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on July 04, 2015, 06:09:15 AM ---Exactly there is a difference between yourself and say Dawkins.

I would certainly live out my faith before someone like Dawkins, share my terstimony of Christ but beyond that he's heard the gospel from many others and full rejected it based on a lack of impossible scientific evidence.   You and Dawkins both demand scientific evidence and that isn't how God works.   You both reject his terms and demand your own.   Can't produce God in a lab.  Your life and who you are isn't defined by atheism.   You wouldn't be publically introduced as an atheist even though you align with atheism.   Dawkins is though...big difference.

--- End quote ---

How is that any difference than a person being defined by their theism?  ::) ::) Seems like you just want to criticize Dawkins for being defined by his atheism, yet youre okay with people being defined by their theism. Epic hypocrisy.
Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: SF1900 on July 04, 2015, 06:58:10 AM ---How is that any difference than a person being defined by their theism?  ::) ::) Seems like you just want to criticize Dawkins for being defined by his atheism, yet youre okay with people being defined by their theism. Epic hypocrisy.

--- End quote ---

I don't speak for or represent all theists.

Although personally I'm absolutely defined by my theism as much or probably more than Dawkins is his militant atheism.

You're not understanding me I don't think and that's ok.

Both Dawkins and myself are at a ptoint where we aren't changing. ...me more than Dawkins most likely.  Something miraculous might change Dawkins for Christ....nothing will turn me from Christ.

My faith will be tested and has been tested.   It won't be removed.  My life is for Christ first and foremost.

Others are atheists or theists but that doesn't define them like me and Dawkins or Hitchens.

A lot theists and atheists teeter on the brink of agnosticism.   Not the case for myself or Dawkins.  We're both unyielding...is what it is but no hypocrisy.   I know you're eager to slap that label on me.  ;)

Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version