Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
SATANIC TEMPLE DEBUTS NEW STATUE!!
<< < (2/9) > >>
falco:

--- Quote from: CaptainFreedom on July 01, 2015, 09:53:16 AM ---Poor old satan gets a raw deal in most religious Literature. You never get to hear his side of the story. All you get told is that he was an angel who rebelled against god and then got sent to hell for it...perhaps he was well within his rights to rebel against him? Maybe god wanted him to inflict another plague on humanity, or flood the world again in a fit of rage? There's no biblical record of Satan committing any genocide or murder of any kind, people can worship him if they want to in my opinion...it's all bullshit anyway.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the perception that Christians have of God isn't the perception that God has of himself and humans. Maybe Christians have themselves (me included) in high regard whereas God perceive us like some puny little shits who are lucky to walk His earth. Maybe God's moto to everything (satan, humans, whatever) is:
"It's my way or the highway"
Maybe we think we have a friend whatching for us all and it's really not that the case. Maybe we are not worthy His attention.
How can God allow a site like Getbig.com to exist?
Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: SF1900 on July 01, 2015, 07:59:30 PM ---And I am sure they do not care if you think its idolatry.  :D :D

As you stated, they are allowed to worship Satan. But I know the theists are most likely having a fit about this.

Kind of like when a school district allowed parents to hand out Christian pamphlets to students. It was challenged. School board ruled that it was allowed due to freedom of religion and expression, and anyone was allowed to hand out pamphlets. Satanists then started to hand out pamphlets to students lol. Guess what happened? School board put a complete halt to all of it lol. Seems like they really didn't value freedom of expression or religion. Only freedom to express their views, and no one else. Bunch of hypocrites. I love that Satanists went there and started to hand out pamphlets. Expose their hypocrisy.

--- End quote ---

Nah, Satanists don't care at all.

School board don't care either.

The upholding of each of our rights is often subjectively based.

Even though I'm completely opposed to Satanism I do agree that the additional exposure of the general hypocrisy is probably a good thing.

Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: CaptainFreedom on July 02, 2015, 06:00:03 AM ---Maybe that's exactly why the entire concept of religion is nonsense.

--- End quote ---

Agreed to a point.  My objection is concentrated on the nonsense of some organized religion (Christianity included).  

Atheists deeming the whole of religion nonsense is pretty much the norm.  Despite any length of discussion, when all is said and done, it often concludes with that exact sentiment.

It's regrettable for me personally, for the sake of the atheist that rejects it, because I do genuinely do care for them.  Unfortunately I'm powerless against it.  
SF1900:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on July 02, 2015, 08:41:09 AM ---Nah, Satanists don't care at all.

School board don't care either.

The upholding of each of our rights is often subjectively based.

Even though I'm completely opposed to Satanism I do agree that the additional exposure of the general hypocrisy is probably a good thing.

--- End quote ---

The Satanists didn't care. They purposely did it to expose the hypocrisy of the school boards so called mantra of "Freedom of Religion and/or Expression."
SF1900:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on July 02, 2015, 08:42:02 AM ---Agreed to a point.  My objection is concentrated on the nonsense of some organized religion (Christianity included).  

Atheists deeming the whole of religion nonsense is pretty much the norm.  Despite any length of discussion, when all is said and done, it often concludes with that exact sentiment.

It's regrettable for me personally, for the sake of the atheist that rejects it, because I do genuinely do care for them. Unfortunately I'm powerless against it.  

--- End quote ---

Bullshit. You don't care about atheists. You pity them and feel bad for them (not that I need your pity or sympathy).

Theres a big difference  between genuine care and pity.

Cut the crap.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version