Author Topic: The Greatest Arnold Classic Winner ever  (Read 35328 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: The Greatest Arnold Classic Winner ever
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2010, 01:45:06 PM »
Yeah, I was responding with the same logic to Kiwiol's "IF" post about Kevin and Ronnie, and looks like he made another one afterwards lol, which isn't even true either.

What is true is that an in shape K Lo, Flex, Ronnie and Dorian can't be beaten by guys like Shawn or Nasser.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
they were neck to neck in many shows (and Nasser beat him in some too) - so they make a very close comparison even though you hate to admit it.

Ummmmm NO they don't , Flex is one of the most exceptional bodybuilders of the last 25 years and Nasser only beat him when he was way off , they are not close at all , Ronnie and Flex were close and Nasser isn't in that league

yes ' very close ' indeed  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »
Ummmmm NO they don't , Flex is one of the most exceptional bodybuilders of the last 25 years and Nasser only beat him when he was way off , they are not close at all , Ronnie and Flex were close and Nasser isn't in that league

Are you saying denial isn't a river in Egypt, ND?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »
Nasser shows his weight advantage in some poses and angles over Wheeler, and not in others.  Point still remains.

No the point doesn't remain , he's always been bigger than most guys he competed with and still lost most of the time , the weight advantage isn't really as much as an advantage as you think , some poses he does look bigger and he fucking should because he is lol

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »

yes ' very close ' indeed  ;D

Yup.

Flex 5x arnold classic champ

Nasser won once....a GIFT because Flex wasn't in it that year, and Flex was in peak form then, he would have SMOKED him..as usual.  

3rd best BBer behind Ronnie and Dorian in the last 20 years is flex wheeler.   nasser doesn't make top ten

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Nope. He only beat Flex, Kevin and Ronnie when they weren't dialed in 100%. When they were, they beat him every time.

From the front, he was close to unbeatable in some poses, but you know how it is with the back poses :-\

Great post ! when these guys were on Nasser was relegated to second or even lower depending on who was competing

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
What is true is that an in shape K Lo, Flex, Ronnie and Dorian can't be beaten by guys like Shawn or Nasser.

K-Lo was in shape several times when being beaten by Nasser.  Nasser from 95 NOC to 99 Arnold Classic, and all shows in between, beat Levrone each time you can't tell me every time Levrone was not in shape during that large span - yes after 99 AC Nasser was not in top shape and lost to Levrone.  He also beat Shawn in each of those shows with the exception of one - the 96 Olympia.  Wheeler he beat a few times (and I'm not going to get into a 96 debate, he was many spots ahead of Wheeler and no way did look wheeler look better in 96).  The argument can be made that Wheeler was not in top shape in 95-96.  I agree the judges had a preference for Wheeler overe Nasser in most years.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2010, 01:55:48 PM »
Are you saying denial isn't a river in Egypt, ND?

No it's a river in Canada as well and him and Hulkster have been drinking from it for years  ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

Again, showing Flex's strongest pose vs. Nasser's weakest - seems like you're taking notes from Hulkster.  That show was 1st Wheeler and 2nd Nasser - regardless of what you say that's a close show.  Doesn't get any closer than one spot apart.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
K-Lo was in shape several times when being beaten by Nasser.  Nasser from 95 NOC to 99 Arnold Classic, and all shows in between, beat Levrone each time you can't tell me every time Levrone was not in shape during that large span - yes after 99 AC Nasser was not in top shape and lost to Levrone.  He also beat Shawn in each of those shows with the exception of one - the 96 Olympia.  Wheeler he beat a few times (and I'm not going to get into a 96 debate, he was many spots ahead of Wheeler and no way did look wheeler look better in 96).  The argument can be made that Wheeler was not in top shape in 95-96.  I agree the judges had a preference for Wheeler overe Nasser in most years.
[/b]

The judges didn't  "have a preference" as you put it.......Flex was BETTER than him.

I think you would rather eat glass than actually admit that someone is just plain BETTER than Nasser. there always a bullshit "qualifier" attached

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2010, 02:00:15 PM »
Nasser from 95 NOC to 99 Arnold Classic, and all shows in between, beat Levrone each time

Wrong. Kevin beat Nasser in all the 97 Grand Prix shows and was in turn beaten by Ronnie in the Russian GP (Kevin was 2nd and Nasser was 3rd or 4th). Nasser was in his 97 Mr Olympia shape in all those contests, which was better than his 96 Olympia shape, where he was 10 lb heavier and blockier. But Kevin, Flex and even Ronnie never always came in at 100% for a lot of contests unlike Nasser or Dorian, which is why they lost so many.

Again, when everyone is 100%, Nasser can't / couldn't beat Flex or Kevin or Ronnie or Dorian. That's the cream of the crop.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2010, 02:02:59 PM »
Wrong. Kevin beat Nasser in all the 97 Grand Prix shows and was in turn beaten by Ronnie in the Russian GP (Kevin was 2nd and Nasser was 3rd or 4th). Nasser was in his 97 Mr Olympia shape in all those contests, which was better than his 96 Olympia shape, where he was 10 lb heavier and blockier.

Again, when everyone is 100%, Nasser can't / couldn't beat Flex or Kevin or Ronnie or Dorian. That's the cream of the crop.

You're right I forgot about 97 GP.  All other shows in that four year span of Nasser's best, Kevin lost, AND Nasser was not at his best at the 97 GP obviously.  When Nasser was at his best Levrone could never beat him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »
Again, showing Flex's strongest pose vs. Nasser's weakest - seems like you're taking notes from Hulkster.  That show was 1st Wheeler and 2nd Nasser - regardless of what you say that's a close show.  Doesn't get any closer than one spot apart.

Oh so what you're saying is it's not very close just in some poses , gotcha  ;D

just because Nasser was second doesn't mean he was close and looking at that pic HOLY COW he wasn't and allow me to teach you the difference between a close contest like 1998 Olympia where the final score was just 3 points which is a real close contest and a contest where it was night and day like 1993 where Samir said Dorian was first second and third

just because Nasser finished second doesn't mean he was breathing all over Flex , I'm not sure of the final score if this contest but I'm confident it wasn't close on paper or reality

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
You're right I forgot about 97 GP.  All other shows in that spam though Kevin lost, AND Nasser was not at his best at the 97 GP obviously.  When Nasser was at his best Levrone could never beat him.

Actually, when they were both at their best, Nasser couldn't beat Kevin. Then again, only Dorian, Flex and Ronnie could beat Kevin at his very best.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »
Wrong. Kevin beat Nasser in all the 97 Grand Prix shows and was in turn beaten by Ronnie in the Russian GP (Kevin was 2nd and Nasser was 3rd or 4th). Nasser was in his 97 Mr Olympia shape in all those contests, which was better than his 96 Olympia shape, where he was 10 lb heavier and blockier. But Kevin, Flex and even Ronnie never always came in at 100% for a lot of contests unlike Nasser or Dorian, which is why they lost so many.

textbook second tier bodybuilder

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »
Oh so what you're saying is it's not very close just in some poses , gotcha  ;D

just because Nasser was second doesn't mean he was close and looking at that pic HOLY COW he wasn't and allow me to teach you the difference between a close contest like 1998 Olympia where the final score was just 3 points which is a real close contest and a contest where it was night and day like 1993 where Samir said Dorian was first second and third

just because Nasser finished second doesn't mean he was breathing all over Flex , I'm not sure of the final score if this contest but I'm confident it wasn't close on paper or reality

Close in some poses, Nasser beats Wheeler in some, and the only one Wheeler beat him in was the RDB - and "coincidentally" that is the ONLY pose you post lol just to make it seem like the difference is bigger than it was.  Groink posted as though there is no comparison, and when the difference is only one place in many shows there definitely is a comparison.  That's all I'm saying.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Actually, when they were both at their best, Nasser couldn't beat Kevin. Then again, only Dorian, Flex and Ronnie could beat Kevin at his very best.

Let me amend my statement Nasser is now a third tier bodybuilder  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
Close in some poses, Nasser beats Wheeler in some, and the only one Wheeler beat him in was the RDB - and "coincidentally" that is the ONLY pose you post lol just to make it seem like the difference is bigger than it was.  Groink posted as though there is no comparison, and when the difference is only one place in many shows there definitely is a comparison.  That's all I'm saying.

No comparison:

Nasser   6 victories...one Arnold, one Olympia runner up

Flex     13 victories  FIVE Arnolds, Three Olympia runner-ups

80% of Nasser's wins were grand prix shows....Flex won BIG shows

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »

So now you're forced to amend your original statement ( a common theme with you ) I agree in some poses Nasser clearly wins , ab-thigh against a career best Flex Nasser takes it really is a show stopper , in fact Nasser beats just about everyone in this pose except Dorian Yates , but the other poses Flex clearly beats him when ALL things are considered and you have to grasp that concept ALL things , Nasser may have an advantage in parts of the criteria in a few poses but you have to factor in the whole package and that's Flex and that's why be consistently beat Nasser

At their respective best with the exception of the ab-thigh , Flex leaves Nasser for dead , Flex really is one of the most exceptional bodybuilders the world has ever seen and I'm sorry as much as you'd like Nasser to breathe that rarefied air he doesn't

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »
No comparison:

When you are apart with only one placing in some shows, and win some and lose others, are frequently in call-outs together - it IS a close comparison.

Far comparison would be to compare two bb's who were never close in placings for many years.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »
No comparison:

Nasser   6 victories...one Arnold, one Olympia runner up

Flex     13 victories  FIVE Arnolds, Three Olympia runner-ups
You're forgetting Nasser's 3 Olympia titles.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
No comparison:

80% of Nasser's wins were grand prix shows....Flex won BIG shows

lol the GP's are not big shows  ::)  Even though Mr. Olympia frequently competes in them as well as most top 6's

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:34 PM »
Let me amend my statement Nasser is now a third tier bodybuilder  ;D

Groink, dr.chimps, you and me aren't going to be in Bobs' Christmas list at this rate ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2010, 02:16:15 PM »
So now you're forced to amend your original statement ( a common theme with you ) I agree in some poses Nasser clearly wins , ab-thigh against a career best Flex Nasser takes it really is a show stopper , in fact Nasser beats just about everyone in this pose except Dorian Yates , but the other poses Flex clearly beats him when ALL things are considered and you have to grasp that concept ALL things , Nasser may have an advantage in parts of the criteria in a few poses but you have to factor in the whole package and that's Flex and that's why be consistently beat Nasser

At their respective best with the exception of the ab-thigh , Flex leaves Nasser for dead , Flex really is one of the most exceptional bodybuilders the world has ever seen and I'm sorry as much as you'd like Nasser to breathe that rarefied air he doesn't

How can you say that Wheeler wins all of front relaxed, front lat spread, front double bi, side tricep, etc.?   ::)  Even rear spread Wheeler was narrow.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
lol the GP's are not big shows  ::)  Even though Mr. Olympia frequently competes in them as well as most top 6's

The GP were NOT big shows they were after-thoughts