Author Topic: Photos with an eerie backstory (graphic)  (Read 82532 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: Photos with an eerie backstory
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
last photo of protein shake before consumed

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Photo of the trainer moments before his getbig death.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
This is a picture of John Lennon signing an autograph for a fan. That "fan" is Mark David Chapman. When Lennon returned a few hours later Chapman shot him four times with hollow point bullets. He died before he reached the hospital.

Wow

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »
Chris Hondros was an American Pulitzer Prize-nominated war photographer. In 2005, he traveled to Iraq in order to cover the war. On January 18, 2005, Hondros was in Tal Afar when he witnessed a car that failed to stop at a U.S. checkpoint. U.S. Soldiers feared a suicide bomber and opened fire on the car killing both parents and injuring one of their five children.

Hondros approached the scene and captured a picture of 5-year-old Samar Hassan splattered in her parent’s blood. After the photo was published, it quickly caused controversy and was spread across the world.
Many feel the picture is the most iconic image of the Iraq War, similar to the naked Vietnamese girl screaming and running after a napalm attack. The Iraq War delivered few singular images, partly because it was too dangerous for photographers. The U.S. military also set strict rules for journalists.

In 2011, Samar Hassan looked at the picture for first time and was interviewed by the New York Times Middle East. About the incident she said that her family was in the car because her brother was sick and that they were returning from the hospital. In 2011, Samar was living on the outskirts of Mosul in a two-story house with four other families, mostly relatives. Chris Hondros was quoted about the once in a lifetime photograph: “Almost every soldier in Iraq has been involved in some sort of incident like that or another, I would say. Their attitude about it was grim, but it wasn’t the end of their world.” It was reported on April 20, 2011, that Chris Hondros and photojournalist Tim Hetherington were killed by a mortar attack in Misrata while covering the 2011 Libyan civil war.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »
What about these photos provokes your interest? What emotions are felt when you look at them? No homo

I had no emotions to them.

They are interesting and I hope there is more.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 12:23:48 PM »
Last Photo of Steve Jobs

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
The Zoroastrians have these as sky burials so that the vultures and other animals eat the corpses of the dead.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »
Carl Tanzler also known as Count Carl von Cosel (February 8, 1877 – July 23, 1952) was an American radiologist of German decent who became morbidly obsessed with with one of his young patients, Elena Miagro “Helen” de Hoyos (1909 – 1931). At the time Tuberculosis was still a dreaded disease that took the lives of many who suffered it. Tanzler’s job meant that he came into a lot of contact with TB sufferers which is how he met Elena. He fell in love with her – after seeing an apparition of his future love (a dark-headed woman bearing a striking resemblance to his patient).

Despite Tanzler’s hard work, Hoyos died. Tanzler (with no arguments from the Hoyos family) paid for the funeral and the erection of an above-ground tomb for his beloved Elena; a tomb with which he would become very familiar. Every night when he finished work – when most people were at home eating dinner – Tanzler would visit Elena’s tomb; but he didn’t just lay flowers. He had a key and would let himself in and sleep beside her corpse. After six months of practicing this bizarre ritual he decided to go one step further. He stole Elena’s body from the tomb and took her to his home. The details so far are bizarre enough but Hoyos has more indignities to suffer in death.

Tanzler reconstructed Hoyos’ decomposed body by rejoining disjointed bones with piano wire and he stuffed her body with rags. He gave her glass eyes and, as her skin disintegrated, he replaced it with layers of silk soaked in wax. As her hair fell out he made her a wig with hair given to him by her mother after the funeral. He dressed her in finery and sprayed her liberally with perfume – much needed given the strong stench of decay. She spent her days and nights in his bed. He went so far in his madness as to add a tube into her vagina so he could have sex with her.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2014, 12:29:46 PM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Walter Yeo, one of the first people to undergo a skin transplant and advanced plastic surgery in 1917

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
or we can go to the original site and close this thread  ::)

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/22a1pe/what_is_the_photo_that_has_the_creepiest_backstory/

Everything is a repost on the net. Easier to read posting them here

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:04 PM »
I had no emotions to them.

They are interesting and I hope there is more.

You should go to a highway and take a selfie in front of an oncoming semi.  That would be a cool addition.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

no i dont repost anything. and copy and paste complete threads is fucking lame. think of something original. seek out your own pictures what are you a xerox machine?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »
or we can go to the original site and close this thread  ::)

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/22a1pe/what_is_the_photo_that_has_the_creepiest_backstory/

Great thread and we can comment and make trainer jokes here.

Simple Simon

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 12:35:10 PM »
Yep, an eerie backstory but no photo.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »

yes im downloading cnn.com and ill be uploading it all in a few hours. wait for it

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2014, 12:37:30 PM »
yes im downloading cnn.com and ill be uploading it all in a few hours. wait for it

Point is here we can add our own humor and thoughts native to the personalities of the forum, just reading it on reddit doesn't allow Basil's jokes etc to be thrown in

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2014, 12:37:53 PM »

you are doing a fabulous job stud, keep up the good work  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
Walter Yeo, one of the first people to undergo a skin transplant and advanced plastic surgery in 1917

Hi o Silver..away...!

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
Carl Tanzler also known as Count Carl von Cosel (February 8, 1877 – July 23, 1952) was an American radiologist of German decent who became morbidly obsessed with with one of his young patients, Elena Miagro “Helen” de Hoyos (1909 – 1931). At the time Tuberculosis was still a dreaded disease that took the lives of many who suffered it. Tanzler’s job meant that he came into a lot of contact with TB sufferers which is how he met Elena. He fell in love with her – after seeing an apparition of his future love (a dark-headed woman bearing a striking resemblance to his patient).

Despite Tanzler’s hard work, Hoyos died. Tanzler (with no arguments from the Hoyos family) paid for the funeral and the erection of an above-ground tomb for his beloved Elena; a tomb with which he would become very familiar. Every night when he finished work – when most people were at home eating dinner – Tanzler would visit Elena’s tomb; but he didn’t just lay flowers. He had a key and would let himself in and sleep beside her corpse. After six months of practicing this bizarre ritual he decided to go one step further. He stole Elena’s body from the tomb and took her to his home. The details so far are bizarre enough but Hoyos has more indignities to suffer in death.

Tanzler reconstructed Hoyos’ decomposed body by rejoining disjointed bones with piano wire and he stuffed her body with rags. He gave her glass eyes and, as her skin disintegrated, he replaced it with layers of silk soaked in wax. As her hair fell out he made her a wig with hair given to him by her mother after the funeral. He dressed her in finery and sprayed her liberally with perfume – much needed given the strong stench of decay. She spent her days and nights in his bed. He went so far in his madness as to add a tube into her vagina so he could have sex with her.

This reminds me of a story my ex told me about 1 of her friends who sucked a guy off in a night club. She woke up the next day with a nasty rash all over her mouth. When she went to be seen the doctor told her it was a flesh eating disease that stimmed from bacteria of dead flesh.

Turns out the dude who gave it to her, would seduce and date rape chicks. Bring them back to his place, murder them, than have sex with their corpse

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
This reminds me of a story my ex told me about 1 of her friends who sucked a guy off in a night club. She woke up the next day with a nasty rash all over her mouth. When she went to be seen the doctor told her it was a flesh eating disease that stimmed from bacteria of dead flesh.

Turns out the dude who gave it to her, would seduce and date rape chicks. Bring them back to his place, murder them, than have sex with their corpse
I once fucked a girl with my foot after seeing a rash on her fanny.
Next day I went to the Doctor with a rash on my foot and he told me it was a STD.
He did say it was an odd place to get it and coincidentally he had just had a girl in with a case of Athletes twat.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
Extremely disturbing pictures. The amount of suffering some of the people must have endured is unimaginable. There are truly monsters living among us

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »

Children in an iron lung machine before the advent of a polio vaccination. Many children lived for months in these machines, though not all survived. 1937

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »
First use of ether as an anesthetic during a surgery in 1855. Subsequently, still in use today by Miscers for dating purposes

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »