Author Topic: If being a pro is all drugs, then I challenge you to do this..  (Read 4725 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Since some of you claim that being a pro is "all drugs",see if you can do this.
Get on a massive drug cycle, compete and win an NPC national qualifier. Then go to an NPC national level pro qualifier, win and turn pro. Compete as a pro, qualify and then win the Olympia, etc.

Hmmm, if it really is "all drugs" how come more guys don't just do what I outlined?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: If being a pro is all drugs, then I challenge you to do this..
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 09:07:20 AM »
Get on a massive drug cycle, compete and win an NPC national qualifier. Then go to an NPC national level pro qualifier, win and turn pro. Compete as a pro, qualify and then win the Olympia, etc.

Hmmm, if it really is "all drugs" how come more guys don't just do what I outlined?

because the rewards are small and you have to sacrifice your health.

Sorry, but that's a pretty stupid question.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
who can afford it .....i mean without g4p,stealing ,drug dealing,lying,blowing trannys ,fucking friut,etc

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

exactly

only the obsessed and those not concerned about their well-being and ability to have a family would go that route

other people would rather funnel that energy into actually creating a profitable career

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 09:11:13 AM »

Yep, agreed 100%

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:07 AM »

Then I challenge you to do it  without drugs

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:12:20 AM »

I don't think anyone ever claimed it was all drugs.  But Chick and others claim that it is just a minor part of the equation.  However, in reality, without drugs, there is no "pro" bb'ing.  So, drugs are a vital part of the equation, just not the only variable.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »
I don't think anyone ever claimed it was all drugs.  But Chick and others claim that it is just a minor part of the equation.  However, in reality, without drugs, there is no "pro" bb'ing.  So, drugs are a vital part of the equation, just not the only variable.
agreed----the variable is how you react to drugs so genetics play a part-----but without drugs...you have no hope

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 09:21:55 AM »

Easier , find a natural guy w/ the best genetic ever ,I bet , with hard work ,diet and whey protein ,he will be an IFBB PRO in no time  ::)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »
Let me outline it for you.

If you have good structure and a willingness to train with weights regularly and use a lot of drugs and hormones, and then find your genetics respond very favourably to those enhancers, you keep training and begin to compete. If you have the genetic physical characteristics of a championship bodybuilder, you will start to win or place well in said shows. At this point you can decide to go for it and increase and expand your drug and hormone usage in hopes of climbing to the higher levels, or decide you value your health and a life of reasonable longevity and call it an experience.

Providing you have the genetics (the several "varieties" required) and a willingess to bust a sweat several times each week (don't have to be some freak intensity machine or even know much about training beyond the basics), success is indeed mostly about the drugs and hormones.  

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 09:37:45 AM »
Sweet Jesus, Howard. Are you a guy!? You are always sounding off like an agony aunt or, for the older posters, Gladys Kravitz!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 09:40:37 AM »
Response to AAS is the most important factor. I don't care what anyone else says.

They don't train any harder than the average dedicated guy who busts his ass and gives his all. Muscle failure is muscle failure. They don't unlock some secret level of intensity unavailable to other guys. They don't do some secret combination of special exercises.

They do the same exercises as everyone else and have a far, far superior response to the drugs.

O

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 09:43:13 AM »

PM me and we can talk paypal me some money also for the drugs ill give you before and after pics and give me a year ill step on stage just for you.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:09 AM »
Even with all 'drugs' in the world I wouldn't make an impact onstage.
You have it or you don't.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »
First off, it's not "all drugs", but "all genetic response to drugs".

Secondly, it isn't that getbiggers are all so full of hate and insecurity that we continue to say negative things about bodybuilders and the bodybuilding lifestyle.  Have you ever considered that after years of observation, some of us have rationally come to the conclusion that bodybuilders [as a collective] are indeed not the smartest, most health conscious, most successful group out there, and as a result some of us truly do feel sorry for them?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:15 AM »
No amount of Drugs can make a Poodle became a Pitbull. It's no genetic altering Drug. You can make the Poodle bigger. This site is FULL of Poodles that love to believe they can be a Pitbull.

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:58:23 AM »

If you are very young and it is a dream you have a likelihood of reaching, and you don't wreck your health...go for it.

If you are 30 or older...I'd say you'd lose too much valuable time...and you'd likely end up being a broken man some years up the road, and in many ways.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:38 AM »

they dont take enough drugs. :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »
Compare the pros of the 50’s 60s and 70s with the pros of today.  What has radically changed?  Diet?  No.  Training?  No.  Discipline?  No.  Exercise machines?  No.

Amount and kind of drugs?  Yes.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 10:07:37 AM »

Pretty dumb statement.  I don't anyone with half a brain thinks that taking drugs ONLY will give you muscle or a physique.  It is the drugs combined with the training that does it.  Don't think so, then do this.  Take a two guys similar in size (or even not) have them both train and eat exactly alike.  Give one steroids and the other one nothing.  See who gets the gains faster and bigger.  Hope this helps you. ::)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
Pretty dumb statement.  I don't anyone with half a brain thinks that taking drugs ONLY will give you muscle or a physique.  It is the drugs combined with the training that does it.  Don't think so, then do this.  Take a two guys similar in size (or even not) have them both train and eat exactly alike.  Give one steroids and the other one nothing.  See who gets the gains faster and bigger.  Hope this helps you. ::)

but what happnes if the guy who doesnt take steorid takes muscletech!  :D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 10:09:19 AM »
Another Howard, if drugs don't do much then why isn't the Mr. Olympia 100% drug free.  If they don't do much then why take them at all. 

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »
Good pts here, good post. My point is that by just taking drugs , doesn't guarentee you will grow the kind of muscle and cuts that will win contests. I have known of too many guys that took a boatlod of drugs , didn't respond well and didn't look that impressive. Obviously drug use ups the anty of size and freaky cuts, no question. Once again, only a few have all the right factors to make it into the pro ranks.
I sincerely belive I had above avg genetics, but didn't want to do "what it takes" and opted to keep bodybuilding as a hobby. I am happy with my life, but was never pro material.

shut the fuck up dude...

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »

If both don't have favorable Genetic make up for BB. (small joints, Wide structure,symmetry etc) ....one will look bigger, but both would still look like shit.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
I agree with Howard.There are MANY people who take TONS of drugs who will not even qualify for nationals.These guys in the IFBB are genetic mutants.Now,the genetics may be the ability to grow off drugs better then anyone else,but if it was JUST drugs,there would be a lot more pro bodybuilders out there.Also,take a look at some of these guys training.Its really nothing special.What makes them special is their genetic gifts to grow.