Author Topic: Why so brutal on the pros?  (Read 6466 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: Why so brutal on the pros?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 08:21:51 AM »
the guys who are bashing the pros are often the ones who have never competed so maybe they don't understand all the hardwork they have to do. or maybe it is only  because they are jealous cause they are 150 lbs

Okay, Romano.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:54 AM »
I can understand it when some guy gets sent to jail or sells a helemt on e bay ;D, but why is it you read so much more negative stuff about the pros than positive? It seems everone and his bro posts some obscure, off season pic of the pro and then makes fun of it. Or they see him in the gym doing some light workout and they crack on him, etc.
Why are so many just rude and brutal on the pros? A critique, fine, but some stuff is over the top.
It makes me wonder how many really like bodybuilding?
thats part of the fun of the board, you should know that!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
Howard still feel this way????.Man your posts never change Good to see.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 06:04:11 PM »
I can understand it when some guy gets sent to jail or sells a helemt on e bay ;D, but why is it you read so much more negative stuff about the pros than positive? It seems everone and his bro posts some obscure, off season pic of the pro and then makes fun of it. Or they see him in the gym doing some light workout and they crack on him, etc.
Why are so many just rude and brutal on the pros?

Because most of them are uneducated untalented human science experiments laboring under the illusion that they are actually "professional athletes".  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 06:04:30 PM »
it's men with low IQs in panties, covered in oil and shaved , pumping themselves in front of guys . dont worry about them so much

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »
Getting dwarfed by an Atlanta physics teacher who also stands slightly behind in the pic, just to rub it in?

Howard is huge there, dwarfing all opposition.
Q

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 06:17:23 PM »
Howards neck is too small for the size of his head.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 06:19:17 PM »

It's jealousy and the "you're no better than we are!" mentality that drives it.

They get tons of preferential treatment, so GetBiggers like to remind them that they're still just people.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »
It's jealousy

Jealousy? 

Seriously, Tre, would you want to look like one of those bloated pigs?  Maybe a teenager would think it's cool, but I couldn't picture anyone over the age of 25 wanting to look like a modern IFBB pro unless they've got a screw loose or something.   (And even if anyone would want to for some reason, most of us would have to take a major pay cut to do it.  ::))

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
The pay is good just think 10k if you win a Grand Prix show.Fuk that is a cash cow. ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

Jealousy? 

Seriously, Tre, would you want to look like one of those bloated pigs?  Maybe a teenager would think it's cool, but I couldn't picture anyone over the age of 25 wanting to look like a modern IFBB pro unless they've got a screw loose or something.   (And even if anyone would want to for some reason, most of us would have to take a major pay cut to do it.  ::))

No no, not real-world stuff...but fantasy world stuff. 

So many guys think they want to have the physique and industry 'celebrity' of the pros, but those of us in the real world know that the best women care more about our money than our looks.   :D

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »
I am so jealous.

I want an enlarged heart, a liver made of swiss cheese. I want male pattern baldness, bad breath, roid rage. I want to wear clown pants and have a gay 'agent'. I want to do private posing in my motel8 budget room after flying down economy class all the way. I want to spend 95% of my life looking like an obese man who sweats after climbing a stair or two. The rest of the time I want to be starving and drugging myself to near death.

I want 10k a month illegal drug habit. I really want a lower IQ too, like the pros all have.

Why? I want that trophy that is so cheap it swivels on the base and the guy's head comes off. I want the cheers and screams of tens of people as I flex my buttcheeks. Its the fucking dream man.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
I want the cheers and screams of tens of people .

QFT.    ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2008, 09:37:08 PM »

Because most of them are uneducated untalented human science experiments laboring under the illusion that they are actually "professional athletes".  ::)

BINGO!!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
I am so jealous.

I want an enlarged heart, a liver made of swiss cheese. I want male pattern baldness, bad breath, roid rage. I want to wear clown pants and have a gay 'agent'. I want to do private posing in my motel8 budget room after flying down economy class all the way. I want to spend 95% of my life looking like an obese man who sweats after climbing a stair or two. The rest of the time I want to be starving and drugging myself to near death.

I want 10k a month illegal drug habit. I really want a lower IQ too, like the pros all have.

Why? I want that trophy that is so cheap it swivels on the base and the guy's head comes off. I want the cheers and screams of tens of people as I flex my buttcheeks. Its the fucking dream man.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAA!

Some great posts here. All too true. And please.....don't give me that "jealousy" bullshit. This whole industry is full of clowns and complete scumbags. There's NOTHING WORTH BEING JEALOUS OF.
HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »

sweet muscle do you honestly believe that the driving force behind professional bodybuilders passion to get bigger, leaner, more aesthetic is really driven by winning some contest and trophy ?

genrommel74

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 12:39:26 AM »
I am so jealous.

Why do you even post on getbig? You dont like bbing

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 01:36:18 AM »
The truth is, no one respects professional bodybuilding--not even its hardcore "fans" -- and with good reason.  The sport is soiled by more stains and problems that I need recount here.  From illegal drug use/abuse, to inexplicable judging criteria, to the superficiality, to sex it is all one big circus.  Teenagers may find this amusing but humor and respect are two different things.

People respect and are genuinely interested in fitness, but professional bodybuilding and fitness have nothing to do with each other these days.

In addition, it’s hard to respect inarticulate young men whom have difficulty seeing beyond their next pump and end up crashing and burning by the time they hit 30.  Bodybuilding would be more respectable if it were undertaken by people who have accomplished things in life: got a degree, raised a family, engaged in meaningful employment, etc.  The single minded vanity associated with bodybuilding is not the sort of value responsible parents want to see in their kids.  :(

Oh god that was a good post, what you think of this guy, i bought some equipment of his webpage and for some reason I though immediately that this would be your kinda guy... don't ask me why I don't know myself at the best of times.

Oh btw if you want to learn a thing or two about bushcrafting/hunting/primitive living... that's the man to talk to.

Why do you even post on getbig? You dont like bbing

shut up, you don't know the man you have barely been here.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »
I am so jealous.

Ha..quality.
O

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 02:32:33 AM »
Why are so many just rude and brutal on the pros? A critique, fine, but some stuff is over the top.
It makes me wonder how many really like bodybuilding?
I believe Howard, that it stems from own lower self esteem and the need to put others down in order to make one's self feel better.

PS: I always enjoy reading what GH15 and Disgusted have to say about bodybuilding.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 02:39:15 AM »
I believe Howard, that it stems from own lower self esteem and the need to put others down in order to make one's self feel better.

DUDE C'MON.   You are the king at putting others down.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 02:51:52 AM »

Not really.

he is trying to put others down, but his at best mediocre intelligence inhibits that sucessfully.

He is the king of low self esteem though.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 04:00:21 AM »
iF BY OTHERS YOU MEAN outof shape wannabees who play softball and claim they play sports...then yes ! by all means  ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 04:00:56 AM »
Not really.

he is trying to put others down, but his at best mediocre intelligence inhibits that sucessfully.

He is the king of low self esteem though.
This coming from a german  :D