Author Topic: Law Enforcement Appreciation  (Read 43681 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Law Enforcement Appreciation
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2011, 08:55:56 AM »
Right. Because people don't know where cops live.

It's not like there's a car out front or anything.

::)

No, because 1. You are a stranger. 2. What is the need for the wife to come to the scene? 3. Why does the wife actually have to come to the scene to verify he is in an accident and all right? I'm assuming he called her using your phone to let her know a stranger was coming to pick her up, otherwise she wouldn't go with you. 4. Cops get in accidents quite frequently due to the nature of the job.. I've never observed, or heard of anyone bringing a spouse to the scene of a minor collision. We get hurt/injured all the time. Short of injuries requiring hospitalization, wives just don't come out to a scene, they just don't.

So, knowing what I know about police in general, your story about a cop sending you to his house to pick up his wife so she can make sure he is alright is on par with telling us you were asked by a cop to hold his taser while he went to the bathroom. While it's possible, things like that just don't happen.     

None of that makes any sense.... Could it have happened? I suppose, but it sure doesn't make a lot of sense. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »
No, because 1. You are a stranger. 2. What is the need for the wife to come to the scene? 3. Why does the wife actually have to come to the scene to verify he is in an accident and all right? I'm assuming he called her using your phone to let her know a stranger was coming to pick her up, otherwise she wouldn't go with you. 4. Cops get in accidents quite frequently due to the nature of the job.. I've never observed, or heard of anyone bringing a spouse to the scene of a minor collision. We get hurt/injured all the time. Short of injuries requiring hospitalization, wives just don't come out to a scene, they just don't.

So, knowing what I know about police in general, your story about a cop sending you to his house to pick up his wife so she can make sure he is alright is on par with telling us you were asked by a cop to hold his taser while he went to the bathroom. While it's possible, things like that just don't happen.     

None of that makes any sense.... Could it have happened? I suppose, but it sure doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Don't know what to tell you... That's what happened.

Maybe his wife was just that kind of worry wort... I don't know. All I know is that's what happened.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
City honors police officers
Officer gets highest honor for protecting victim during shooting
8:18 PM, Jun. 15, 2011 

Fort Collins Police officer Kobey Northen was awarded the agency's highest honor Wednesday for protecting a victim during a shooting last year.

The medal of valor was presented to Northen during the 19th annual Fort Collins Police Services Awards, which included citizen as well as law enforcement recipients.

In recognizing Northen, Capt. Jim Szakmeister explained how he responded to a domestic violence call involving a man reportedly suicidal and armed "near the end of his midnight shift" at 7 a.m. June 27.

At the scene, the victim warned Northen that the suspect was approaching from behind and Northen commanded the suspect to stop, but the man continued advancing, even after pepper spray was deployed, Szakmeister said.

"Then, Officer Northen and the victim saw the suspect retrieve a concealed firearm. Officer Northen told the victim to get behind him as he was forced to shoot the suspect," he said.

That day, Northen shot Aaron McKean six times. District Attorney Larry Abrahamson cleared Northen of any criminal wrongdoing in July following a three-week investigation of the shooting. McKean, who has since recovered, recently took a plea agreement in the case for felony menacing and awaits sentencing in August.

Wednesday's recipients also included Aspyn Allen, a young girl who received a distinguished service commendation for helping her grandmother who became dizzy and crashed her car in October.

"The car veered off of the left side of the road, hitting a tree. It continued on at a high rate of speed through a parking lot and finally collided head-on with a concrete loading dock," Interim Police Chief Jerry Schiager said. "The air bags deployed, but Mrs. (Myrna) Schwindt was unconscious, bleeding and unable to move. Aspyn immediately jumped out of the vehicle and ran to the street to flag down someone to help."

Wednesday's event was attended by Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith and Loveland Police Chief Luke Hecker, as well as Abrahamson and others in the law-enforcement community.

Others recognized at the event included:

» A distinguished service medal was awarded to Officer Carrie Wills, who with a rifle nonfatally wounded a suicidal suspect 70 yards away after he fired a gun repeatedly in the presence of officers.

» Medals of merit were presented to Officers Dan Calahan and Josh Goldschmidt, who stopped a reported suicide after the victim was found hanging from the banister of a home's stairway.

» A police chief's commendation was presented to members of the Northern Colorado Drug Task Force for casework leading to recovery of 19 pounds of methamphetamine in one case. Through the investigation, the task force discovered a new way drugs were being concealed for transfer from Mexico: hidden inside functioning car batteries manufactured in Mexico.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20110616/NEWS01/106160342/City-honors-police-officers

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2011, 01:25:47 PM »
Don't know what to tell you... That's what happened.

Maybe his wife was just that kind of worry wort... I don't know. All I know is that's what happened.

Fair enough..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »
Pregnant officer saves struggling swimmer
June 29, 2011
Francine Sawyer

A six-months-pregnant police officer did not think twice before plunging into a swimming pool fully dressed to save a 14-year-old boy from drowning.

New Bern officer Malydia Owen is assisting one of New Bern’s summer camps called Project Positive Focus. Recently some of the campers were at Courts Plus for a swimming outing.

“Three of the members of camps were in the inside pool playing. They were in an area where their heads were above water. One of the boys slipped into a deeper area. His head went down twice and the third time he went down he had a frightened look on his face,” Owen said.

Without giving a thought to be dressed in uniform and wearing heavy uniform shoes, Owen jumped into the water to get the boy from the bottom of the pool. “I grabbed him and pulled him up. As I was pulling him up the lifeguard jumped in and helped,” Owen said.

“It’s just something I would hope that everyone would do in the same situation,” she said. “At least I would like to think anyone would do the same thing. They have to be comfortable with it.”

Owen said she was glad the other campers were in another area.

“He was embarrassed to start with, I wouldn’t want other children to taunt him,” she said.

Owen is modest about her latest “good deed,” and it isn’t her first.

In August 2005, Owen checked on a diabetic who lived alone as part of police department’s Are You OK program.

Annie Bullock did not respond to the police department’s daily phone call to check on her well-being. Owen responded to the home where Bullock lives alone. Owen found the front screen door locked from the inside and got no response. She heard muffled sounds from the inside. A neighbor produced a key. Medics were called, Bullock was given food and thanked Owen for coming to her rescue.

http://www.enctoday.com/news/officer-98610-nbsj-pregnant-bern.html

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
14 days between good deeds from the cops. Woohoo!!

Go team blue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
He should be fired, but you gotta give the man props for originality.  He's getting some mad respect in the locker room.  lol  (picture at the end)

No charges for N.M. cop caught having sex on car

(CBS News)  SANTA FE, N.M.- He's in uniform, in public, and definitely caught in flagrante. But investigators said the state police officer caught on camera having sex on the hood of a car did not commit a crime, CBS News affiliate KRQE-TV in Albuquerque reports.

The pictures show a state cop wrapped up in an inappropriate position, having sex on the top of a car in public.

The photos were taken by a security camera at the out-of-the-way Canyon Ranch, which is owned by Santa Fe County.

State police are not releasing the officer's name, but KRQE-TV has learned it's Bert Lopez. The eight-year vet was named state police officer of the year in the Santa Fe district in 2010. Even though state police won't confirm it's him, state police spokesman Sgt. Tim Johnson told KRQE-TV that Lopez is currently "on administrative leave."

Johnson wouldn't say if the officer was officially on duty but did say, "An employee who did something like this in uniform would be considered on duty."

The pictures surfaced about two weeks ago, and an internal investigation was launched immediately.

State police have completed that investigation, and Johnson said, "At this point we do not believe any criminal activity occurred."

State police are not identifying the woman in the pictures and won't comment on her relationship to the officer. They do say the woman was not involved in any of the officer's cases.

Santa Fe County Sheriff Robert Garcia said he will not cite the officer for indecent exposure or public lewdness because there was no victim; no one was around to see it.

But millions of people have seen it now. And comedians are having a field day.

After talking about the racy photos, Craig Ferguson, host of CBS' "The Late Late Show," told his audience, "Just goes to show you that I will do anything to get out of a ticket."

It may seem funny to a lot of people but not to state police.

"It's unfortunate; the department is embarrassed. During that bad decision, there were probably 400 other officers out doing their jobs and making the correct decision," Johnson said.

The officer could be fired over the photos for tarnishing the badge and embarrassing the department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/01/national/main20100412.shtml

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »
Depending on the circumstances, I could buy that no criminal charges are filed. However in light of the discredit it brought upon his department, I would not be surprised to see him fired or at least a stiff suspension.... pun intended  ;D 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »
Depending on the circumstances, I could buy that no criminal charges are filed. However in light of the discredit it brought upon his department, I would not be surprised to see him fired or at least a stiff suspension.... pun intended  ;D 

lol.  This guy will become a legend.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »
911 Police Angels

We lost 72 police heroes on September 11, 2001.

We thank them, remember them, and honor them for their courage, strength, and commitment.

These outstanding heroes pledged to protect and serve us; and they did so with great courage and honor on 911.

These police angels are now in Heaven.

We love them.

We miss them.

And we will never forget them or their sacrifice.

They are all heroes of the highest order.

Kevin Caruso
    Suicide.org
    Founder, Executive Director, Editor-in-Chief
    (America 911.com is a Suicide.org website.)

Police Officer Christopher Amoroso
    Port Authority of New York and New Jersey P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Maurice Barry

Fire Marshal Ronald P. Bucca
    New York City Fire Department, N.Y.

Police Officer Liam Callahan

Lieutenant Robert Cirri

Sergeant John Coughlin
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Sergeant Michael Curtin
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer John D'Allara
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Vincent Danz
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Clinton Davis

Police Officer Jerome Dominguez
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Stephen Driscoll
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Mark Ellis
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Robert Fazio
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Donald Foreman

Investigator Clyde Frazier
    New York State Office of Tax Enforcement, N.Y.

Police Officer Gregg Froehner

Sergeant Rodney Gillis
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Thomas Gorman

Refuge Manager Richard Jerry Guadagno
    United States Department of the Interior
    Fish & Wildlife Service
    Pennsylvania

Special Agent Leonard Hatton
    U.S. Department of Justice - F.B.I., New York

Police Officer Uhuru Houston

Police Officer George Howard

Police Officer Steve Huczko

Inspector AnthoN.Y. Infante

Police Officer Paul Jurgens

Senior Court Officer Thomas Jurgens
    New York State Office of Court Administration, N.Y.

Sergeant Robert Kaulfers

Police Officer Ronald Kloepfer
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Paul Laszczynksi

Police Officer Thomas Langone
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer James Leahy
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer David P. LeMagne

Police Officer John Lennon

Police Officer John Levi

Police Officer James Lynch

Captain Kathy Mazza

Police Officer Brian McDonnell
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Donald McIntyre

Police Officer Walter McNeil

Master Special Officer Craig J. Miller
    United States Department of the Treasury - Secret Service Special..., US (New York)

Bureau Chief Charles Mills

Investigator Richard Moore

Director of Public Safety Fred V. Morrone

Police Officer Joseph Navas

Police Officer James Nelson

Police Officer Alfonse Niedermeyer

Investigator Salvatore Papasso

Police Officer James Parham

Police Officer John Perry
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Glenn Pettit
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Dominick Pezzulo

Assistant Deputy Commissioner William Pohlmann

Police Officer Bruce Reynolds

Detective Claude Richards
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Antonio Rodrigues

Police Officer Richard Rodriguez

Chief James Romito

Sergeant Timothy Roy
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer John Skala

Police Officer Moira Smith
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Paul Talty
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Kenneth Tietjen

Police Officer Walwyn Stuart

Police Officer Ramon Suarez
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Captain William Thompson

Police Officer Santos Valentin
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Detective Joseph Vigiano
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Senior Court Officer Mitchell Wallace

Police Officer Walter Weaver
    N.Y.P.D., N.Y.

Police Officer Nathaniel Webb

Police Officer Michael Wholey

http://www.america911.com/911-police-angels.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
He should be fired, but you gotta give the man props for originality.  He's getting some mad respect in the locker room.  lol  (picture at the end)

No charges for N.M. cop caught having sex on car

(CBS News)  SANTA FE, N.M.- He's in uniform, in public, and definitely caught in flagrante. But investigators said the state police officer caught on camera having sex on the hood of a car did not commit a crime, CBS News affiliate KRQE-TV in Albuquerque reports.

The pictures show a state cop wrapped up in an inappropriate position, having sex on the top of a car in public.

The photos were taken by a security camera at the out-of-the-way Canyon Ranch, which is owned by Santa Fe County.

State police are not releasing the officer's name, but KRQE-TV has learned it's Bert Lopez. The eight-year vet was named state police officer of the year in the Santa Fe district in 2010. Even though state police won't confirm it's him, state police spokesman Sgt. Tim Johnson told KRQE-TV that Lopez is currently "on administrative leave."

Johnson wouldn't say if the officer was officially on duty but did say, "An employee who did something like this in uniform would be considered on duty."

The pictures surfaced about two weeks ago, and an internal investigation was launched immediately.

State police have completed that investigation, and Johnson said, "At this point we do not believe any criminal activity occurred."

State police are not identifying the woman in the pictures and won't comment on her relationship to the officer. They do say the woman was not involved in any of the officer's cases.

Santa Fe County Sheriff Robert Garcia said he will not cite the officer for indecent exposure or public lewdness because there was no victim; no one was around to see it.

But millions of people have seen it now. And comedians are having a field day.

After talking about the racy photos, Craig Ferguson, host of CBS' "The Late Late Show," told his audience, "Just goes to show you that I will do anything to get out of a ticket."

It may seem funny to a lot of people but not to state police.

"It's unfortunate; the department is embarrassed. During that bad decision, there were probably 400 other officers out doing their jobs and making the correct decision," Johnson said.

The officer could be fired over the photos for tarnishing the badge and embarrassing the department.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/01/national/main20100412.shtml

I don't see how they're not charging him with theft.  He's on the fucking clock.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »

I don't see how they're not charging him with theft.  He's on the fucking clock.

But you don't know that..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »

Well, let me ask you this question. Do you wear your uniform when you are not on the clock?

Let's say he just got off of work, or was just going to work... Does that make it better?

Don't police officers have arrest powers whether they are "on the clock" or not? Thereby making them "on the clock"?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2011, 06:49:19 AM »
Well, let me ask you this question. Do you wear your uniform when you are not on the clock?

Let's say he just got off of work, or was just going to work... Does that make it better?

Don't police officers have arrest powers whether they are "on the clock" or not? Thereby making them "on the clock"?

1. Driving too and from work I do

2. Yes, in my opinion, if he was not on duty, not taking calls, not being paid then yes, it makes it better. Was it the right thing to do? No or course not, but it would be worse if he was on duty, not doing his job while this happened.

3. Yes they do but when they aren't on the clock they are not supposed to involve themselves in misedemeanor crimes, only felony crimes. They don't write tickets, answer the radio, pull cars over  and they are not being paid. etc. So there is a clear distinction between on and off duty.

What if... He was off duty,  the chick is his wife. They were out in a secluded part of the world, and just having a good time not thinking anyone could see? While he certainly will face reprecussions for embarrassing his department, is it a firing offense in that case?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2011, 06:52:31 AM »
BTW, since this isnt the cop bashing thread "Official Police State" and a Law Enforcement Appreciation thread I'd like to thank all those officers who on a regular basis, risk their lives for little or no thanks so that the rest of us can live a relatively peaceful existence. And since this is the 10th Anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, a shout out to the first respnders, EMS, Fire, Police who gave their lives helping others. I again watched a documentary on the events of that day last night and watching those firemen walking towards the 2nd tower before it fell, and knowing it would, was heart wrenching..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »
1. Driving too and from work I do

2. Yes, in my opinion, if he was not on duty, not taking calls, not being paid then yes, it makes it better. Was it the right thing to do? No or course not, but it would be worse if he was on duty, not doing his job while this happened.

3. Yes they do but when they aren't on the clock they are not supposed to involve themselves in misedemeanor crimes, only felony crimes. They don't write tickets, answer the radio, pull cars over  and they are not being paid. etc. So there is a clear distinction between on and off duty.

What if... He was off duty,  the chick is his wife. They were out in a secluded part of the world, and just having a good time not thinking anyone could see? While he certainly will face reprecussions for embarrassing his department, is it a firing offense in that case?

Gonna skip some stuff...

3. I've had had a cop chase me down while in uniform in his personal vehicle and point at me glaringly out the window to tell me to slow down.

The funny part was that my car was probably twice the car his was and he was being more reckless by endangering the public in his hooptee than I was in my car.

If he was off duty, and in secluded part of the word (which apparently it wasn't because there's a camera) then no, I'll let him slide... But again, there's a camera, and a building which means he was hiding from people, so it couldn't have been that secluded.

People can fuck in the middle of the desert because there's no one there after all.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »

True, I'm guessing because he's got his batman belt on and I've never seen a cop coming and going to work wearing that.  If he's on his lunch break or whatever, I suppose he can weasel out of criminal charges, though I think anybody else would be facing charges for public indecency as it was caught on camera.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

True, I'm guessing because he's got his batman belt on and I've never seen a cop coming and going to work wearing that.  If he's on his lunch break or whatever, I suppose he can weasel out of criminal charges, though I think anybody else would be facing charges for public indecency as it was caught on camera.

NO ONE would be charged with public indencency in this case. Part of the elements of the offense are "and was reckless .." or "a reasonable person should have known"... since it is a misdemeanor offense and was only observed with a survellience camera, it would never be pursued for joe citizen.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

Nice commentary by Paul Harvey

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
NO ONE would be charged with public indencency in this case. Part of the elements of the offense are "and was reckless .." or "a reasonable person should have known"... since it is a misdemeanor offense and was only observed with a survellience camera, it would never be pursued for joe citizen.

::)

Any "reasonable" person in this day and age would suspect that a building might just have security cameras watching the property.

Here's a link to 2 teens arrested for indecent exposure after cameras caught them in a PARK - someplace you wouldn't actually expect cameras!!

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/park-cameras-catch-criminals

Didn't even have to get off the first page of google - ::)

Like I told you before, you are a prime example of the blue wall protecting this douche.  And you're so deep in it, you can't even see it.

Public officials need to police themselves.  We MUST be held to a higher standard.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »
I guess you missed the part where I said if he did it on duty he should be fired.

I guess you missed the part where I said if off duty he should be disciplined because it brought discredit to his department.

While those teens were arrested, I am curious as to whether the teens ever saw a court room. Often times the D. A. will NOT pursue a charge because it is not winnable in court.

I am an example of a person who looks at both sides of an issue before concluding and I have declared often and loudly that bad officers, corrupt officers, criminal officers have no place on the force and SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

But in every case, as well with civilians, I'd like to hear all the facts before I scream for their heads... Can't apologize for that Skip.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2011, 02:50:48 PM »
lol, here's cops actually putting cameras in a public bathroom to try and catch people having sex.  But, yeah, there's no different standard for cops.  ::)

http://www.glapn.org/sodomylaws/usa/ohio/ohnews07.htm

By Eric Resnick

Toronto, Ohio—A man challenging police use of video cameras inside a public restroom is attempting to suppress the resulting tape.

James Henry is the only one of 13 men arrested in the case to mount a challenge to the tactic, saying it violates the right to privacy.

Police in Saline Township hid video cameras earlier this year inside a highway rest stop on Ohio 7 at Ohio 213, about a mile south of Wellsville, near the Ohio River.

cont'd...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »
lol, here's cops actually putting cameras in a public bathroom to try and catch people having sex.  But, yeah, there's no different standard for cops.  ::)

http://www.glapn.org/sodomylaws/usa/ohio/ohnews07.htm

By Eric Resnick

Toronto, Ohio—A man challenging police use of video cameras inside a public restroom is attempting to suppress the resulting tape.

James Henry is the only one of 13 men arrested in the case to mount a challenge to the tactic, saying it violates the right to privacy.

Police in Saline Township hid video cameras earlier this year inside a highway rest stop on Ohio 7 at Ohio 213, about a mile south of Wellsville, near the Ohio River.

cont'd...
  different scenario Skip

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »
I guess you missed the part where I said if he did it on duty he should be fired.

I guess you missed the part where I said if off duty he should be disciplined because it brought discredit to his department.

While those teens were arrested, I am curious as to whether the teens ever saw a court room. Often times the D. A. will NOT pursue a charge because it is not winnable in court.

I am an example of a person who looks at both sides of an issue before concluding and I have declared often and loudly that bad officers, corrupt officers, criminal officers have no place on the force and SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

But in every case, as well with civilians, I'd like to hear all the facts before I scream for their heads... Can't apologize for that Skip.

That's EXACTLY part of the blue wall.  The cops won't release everything.  Hopefully they can get a FOIA and get the info.  Of course, that'll probably be delayed for years.

Oh, great point BTW, a level headed DA doesn't decide to press charges.  ::)
Yeah that totally makes up for being cuffed, booked, etc.