Author Topic: Charles Darwin  (Read 3945 times)

canyon

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Charles Darwin
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
"Since the dawn of history the negro has owned the continent of Africa-rich beyond the dream of poet's fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet and yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed him its glittering light.

His land swarms with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled.

A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, arrowhead, worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour.

In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud.

With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon, calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail."-CHARLES DARWIN

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Charles Darwin
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »
Lol.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »
"Since the dawn of history the negro has owned the continent of Africa-rich beyond the dream of poet's fancy, crunching acres of diamonds beneath his bare black feet and yet he never picked one up from the dust until a white man showed him its glittering light.

His land swarms with powerful and docile animals, yet he never dreamed a harness, cart, or sled.

A hunter by necessity, he never made an axe, spear, arrowhead, worth preserving beyond the moment of its use. He lived as an ox, content to graze for an hour.

In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, or built a house save of broken sticks and mud.

With league on league of ocean strand and miles of inland seas, for four thousand years he watched their surface ripple under the wind, heard the thunder of the surf on his beach, the howl of the storm over his head, gazed on the dim blue horizon, calling him to worlds that lie beyond, and yet he never dreamed a sail."-CHARLES DARWIN

:D

The only mud people worth a wank are the Japs, Chinks and a few other assorted Asian nations. The rest of the shit skins, whether they're here or not, it makes no difference.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:56 AM »
It's all very true unfortunately.

I'm ready to hear counter arguments though.
Trans Milkshake.

canyon

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
love how liberals claim so many earlier century intellectuals as their own. They assume because they were educated they must be leftist liberals who support mixed race marriages, mass immigration, gay marriage when in fact many of these great men and women would be considered 'close-minded' racists by todays academia.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »
"the white man came across the sea, he brought his pain and misery"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »
Que someone to say its all the white mans fault for going to Africa and holding them down.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
It's all very true unfortunately.

I'm ready to hear counter arguments though.

probably the same old shit that white people invaded their land, colonized their country and slaved their people

:-X :-X

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:03:40 AM »
"The Zulu and other Nguni tribes of South Africa were renowned for their use of the assegai. Shaka of the Zulu invented a shorter-style assegai with a two foot shaft and which had a larger, broader blade one foot long. This weapon was known as the iklwa or ixwa, for it was the sound that was heard as it was withdrawn from the victim's wound. It was used as a stabbing weapon during mêlée attacks. The traditional assegai was not discarded but was used for a softening range attack on enemy formations before closing in for close quarters battle with the iklwa. This tactical combination originated during Shaka's military reforms ."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iklwa

I  took one of your points of at random and did a quick search which yielded the above results. If you like I can address the other ones but it's Sunday and I reserve this day for Football.
I

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
:D

The only mud people worth a wank are the Japs, Chinks and a few other assorted Asian nations. The rest of the shit skins, whether they're here or not, it makes no difference.

Bet you a million dollars that you would be considered an invalid based on genetics, you sound like an underclass caucasian.
Trans Milkshake.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »
I've heard the argument that they had all the needed, so it did not necessitate invention. I think that's bullshit. The Romans were extremely smart, and the world sprung from there. The Japanese were isolated yet were able to come up with many things that helped them to become a world power. That being said, it's the European influence. The best thing that ever happened to today's blacks was the slave trade that brought them to the new world. Now they have been assimilated into the culture and thrive like the res of us.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »

Sound idyllic! They also never dreamed of nuclear or chemical weapons or creating an elitist system where the majority suffered and toiled for the minority, never devised a system of corruption whereby Liars and cheats ruled and persecuted the weak.  Never dreamt up an economic system that was going to lead to unsustainable living and the eventual demise of all humankind.
V

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 09:12:42 AM »
Knowledge of diamond starts in India, where it was first mined. The word most generally used for diamond in Sanskrit is transliterated as "vajra," "thunderbolt," and "indrayudha," "Indra's weapon." Because Indra is the warrior god from Vedic scriptures, the foundation of Hinduism, the thunderbolt symbol indicates much about the Indian conception of diamond.

Early descriptions of diamond date to the 4th century BC. By then diamond was a valued material. The earliest known reference to diamond is a Sanskrit manuscript by a minister in a northern Indian dynasty. The work is dated from 320-296 BCE.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500164_162-508408.html
I

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
"The Zulu and other Nguni tribes of South Africa were renowned for their use of the assegai. Shaka of the Zulu invented a shorter-style assegai with a two foot shaft and which had a larger, broader blade one foot long. This weapon was known as the iklwa or ixwa, for it was the sound that was heard as it was withdrawn from the victim's wound. It was used as a stabbing weapon during mêlée attacks. The traditional assegai was not discarded but was used for a softening range attack on enemy formations before closing in for close quarters battle with the iklwa. This tactical combination originated during Shaka's military reforms ."

I  took one of your points of at random and did a quick search which yielded the above results. If you like I can address the other ones but it's Sunday and I reserve this day for Football.

lol at making a basic edged weapon being comparable to developing a civilization.

:'(
Trans Milkshake.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:26 AM »
I've heard the argument that they had all the needed, so it did not necessitate invention. I think that's bullshit. The Romans were extremely smart, and the world sprung from there. The Japanese were isolated yet were able to come up with many things that helped them to become a world power. That being said, it's the European influence. The best thing that ever happened to today's blacks was the slave trade that brought them to the new world. Now they have been assimilated into the culture and thrive like the res of us.

Japan wasn't as isolated as people think.  Trade from china and Korea never ceased even during the period where trade with European nations were cut off. 

Much of their success after opening trade with the west from a calculated plan of implementing what they felt were the best aspects of European systems of government and military. They knew that in order to avoid being dominated by the west as china had by trade inequities, they must modernize.

I love this subject.  I got my undergraduate degree in East Asian history from U of M.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
Japan wasn't as isolated as people think.  Trade from china and Korea never ceased even during the period where trade with European nations were cut off. 

Much of their success after opening trade with the west from a calculated plan of implementing what they felt were the best aspects of European systems of government and military. They knew that in order to avoid being dominated by the west as china had by trade inequities, they must modernize.

I love this subject.  I got my undergraduate degree in East Asian history from U of M.

That's pretty cool, you do Nything with that degree?  I have a BS in psychology and picked up a minor in history for fun. I was thinking in a few years when I make enough money to be somewhat set, going back to school so I could teach history.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
That's pretty cool, you do Nything with that degree?  I have a BS in psychology and picked up a minor in history for fun. I was thinking in a few years when I make enough money to be somewhat set, going back to school so I could teach history.

I got a masters and taught for a while.  I spent nine months in Japan as an undergraduate and it was a great experience. My Japanese is horrible, but; I was never very proficient anyway and I seldom practice.

Teaching can be rewarding and a lot of fun but if you do it, teach college.  High school age kids are the worst.  I caught at a private school and it was brutal.  The rich parents had a hard time accepting their little snowflakes were lazy dumb asses. They felt because they paid for the school their kids had to automatically pass without doing any real work.  Taking that kind of abuse wasn't worth the money.
A

canyon

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »
Sound idyllic! They also never dreamed of nuclear or chemical weapons or creating an elitist system where the majority suffered and toiled for the minority, never devised a system of corruption whereby Liars and cheats ruled and persecuted the weak.  Never dreamt up an economic system that was going to lead to unsustainable living and the eventual demise of all humankind.
Yes I agree, they would be much better off living in huts then living off taxpayers or recieving jobs they are not qualified for because of skin color.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »

Highly doubt someone as intelligent as charles darwin would write that. Where did you obtain this quote?
follow the arrows

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »
"Canyon is a stupid Mother f uc k e r." - Jesus Christ

Damn!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »

I  took one of your points of at random and did a quick search which yielded the above results. If you like I can address the other ones but it's Sunday and I reserve this day for Football.

So they "invented" something that was already used by the Macedonians 3000 years earlier. Beat that, Apple!

Also, essentially the only great success with it was the battle of Isandlwana, where the English underestimated the iklwa. After that it was -- again -- bringing a spear to a gunfight.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 01:32:28 AM »
Maybe you could start with some Klan rallies.

You know, to get your feet wet.

G

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:40 AM »
Maybe you could start with some Klan rallies.

You know, to get your feet wet.

How do you figure, point out where what I said had anything racist in it. In fact, what I said was defending the ability for everybody to learn equally.