Author Topic: Billy Mays Found Dead  (Read 9191 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Why does anyone care Billy Mays died?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2009, 01:14:02 PM »
"liked him"?  hahah you make it sound like you knew him personally and that he came over every Saturday for "pellius" family bbq's. ::)

No shit. I always find it a bit disturbing that so many people can identify with celebrities that really couldn't give a shit less if they lived or died.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2009, 01:18:41 PM »
I  am not really sure how i feel about billy mays dying...

I feel exactly the same now as I did before he died.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

It's amazing, isn't it? People who worship celebrities. How pathetic is one's life, that you care who's fucking who, or who's breaking up...et cetera.  ::)  Then you get their deaths.....which reaches a new level of worship.

I'm so sick of this MJ bullshit. The fucker died, get over it.
HAHA, RON.....

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »

It's amazing, isn't it? People who worship celebrities. How pathetic is one's life, that you care who's fucking who, or who's breaking up...et cetera.  ::)  Then you get their deaths.....which reaches a new level of worship.

the world truely is nothing but a high school with billions of people in it...........the regular kids ;who wish they ran in the 'cooler' circles, live vicariously through the beautiful people, the rich kids, the jocks......and they love it even more when they are brought down and humanized, because people like to see that those ahead of them possess the same character flaws and weaknesses that they do.  a few kids are perfectly comfortable in their own skin........so none of the afformentioned bullshit really matters to them.

the more things change, the more they stay the same.......you just gotta take a step back sometimes to see things how they really are

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »
the world truely is nothing but a high school with billions of people in it...........the regular kids ;who wish they ran in the 'cooler' circles, live vicariously through the beautiful people, the rich kids, the jocks......and they love it even more when they are brought down and humanized, because people like to see that those ahead of them possess the same character flaws and weaknesses that they do.  a few kids are perfectly comfortable in their own skin........so none of the afformentioned bullshit really matters to them.

the more things change, the more they stay the same.......you just gotta take a step back sometimes to see things how they really are

So true.
HAHA, RON.....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »

Did ya hear about the CFL player who did his impression of a dead MJ in the endzone to celebrate a touchdown score!?  People are weird!  

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
Talent??  ??? ::)

Are you trying to be controversial and stir things up?

Billy Mays was the best! His talent was unmatched, and his in-your-face yet warm style helped him become one of the most recognizable faces on TV. His products were awesome and were backed with his well deserved enthusiasm. He started off on the Atlantic City boardwalks pitching products and made his way to the top. Off the TV he was a warm, gentle, family man. He didn't deserve to go this young.

Personally I think this was way more sad than Michael Jackson. Jackson was a creep and a pedophile and he is currently burning in hell if one even exists. If not then he is just dead and the world is better off for it.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
No shit. I always find it a bit disturbing that so many people can identify with celebrities that really couldn't give a shit less if they lived or died.

I wouldn't be surprised if "pellius" has a few restraining orders against him.  He strikes me as the kind of guy who would call a B-list celebrity and start breathing heavy into the phone or some shit.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
Talent??  ??? ::)

It takes enormous amount of personality and skill to pitch things the way he did. There's a reason why he caught on to so many and he was a recognized talent in the industry of advertisement. Yes, he truly was talented...he was born with a gift that you and I could only hope to have. He swiftly executed product demonstrations and slogans like no other....Billy Mays will truly be missed. Damn, why did he have to go so young?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
It takes enormous amount of personality and skill to pitch things the way he did. There's a reason why he caught on to so many and he was a recognized talent in the industry of advertisement. Yes, he truly was talented...he was born with a gift that you and I could only hope to have. He swiftly executed product demonstrations and slogans like no other....Billy Mays will truly be missed. Damn, why did he have to go so young?

No offense of course, but your post is laced with homoeroticism.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »
"liked him"?  hahah you make it sound like you knew him personally and that he came over every Saturday for "pellius" family bbq's. ::)

WHAT? You don't have know someone personally to like them. Where did you get that idea? Granted when someone says they like a public figure they go by the image they present, which does matter. For example, I like Tom Selleck and mma champ George St. Pierre. Selleck comes off as a down to earth guy and GSP seems very humble with a sick work ethic. I don't like Dennis Rodman or say, in the BB world, Flex Wheeler. Rodman is too weird and seems perverse and Flex comes off like a cry baby self-absorbed tool. I'm sickened by Paris Hilton. On this board I like Wiggs and despise TA. Maybe in person they're great or maybe Selleck is a dick.

I'm sure there are public figures you don't like and some you do although none of them came to your house for a bbq. And you know this and just want to talk smack or maybe you just don't like me and will criticize anything I write.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »

he was obnoxious, monotonous and loud, none of these 3 are talents.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2009, 02:32:07 PM »
REASON PEOPLE CARE IS CAUSE HE WAS ON NATIONAL TV AND HE DID YOUNG AND UNEXPECTED

it made the news cause alot of people know him and his products..........so the news broadcasted his death nationwide

dont make it out to be some conspiracy

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
What was this guys claim to fame?... he was a salesman? Really?

Why did his kicking the proverbial bucket even make the news?
dude, who the fuck else is going to sale me mighty putty???????!!?!?!?!??

next time think before you say stupid shit ::)........................ ........................ ........................ .. ;D

bench

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2009, 03:15:05 PM »
I'd tend to agree.  The US media fetishizes the weirdest things.

may seem that way. they know what they are doing with the shoddy reporting, its a distraction

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2009, 03:55:55 PM »
WHAT? You don't have know someone personally to like them. Where did you get that idea? Granted when someone says they like a public figure they go by the image they present, which does matter. For example, I like Tom Selleck and mma champ George St. Pierre. Selleck comes off as a down to earth guy and GSP seems very humble with a sick work ethic. I don't like Dennis Rodman or say, in the BB world, Flex Wheeler. Rodman is too weird and seems perverse and Flex comes off like a cry baby self-absorbed tool. I'm sickened by Paris Hilton. On this board I like Wiggs and despise TA. Maybe in person they're great or maybe Selleck is a dick.

I'm sure there are public figures you don't like and some you do although none of them came to your house for a bbq. And you know this and just want to talk smack or maybe you just don't like me and will criticize anything I write.

Shit bro, you're taking this celebrity obsession crap a lot more seriously than I thought

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
he was obnoxious, monotonous and loud, none of these 3 are talents.

Ah you have touched on something very important! He was indeed loud and in your face, but he remained inviting and captivating at the same time. Not many people could do that, but his strong personality and character was enough to reach and convince millions through the television each and every day. Best of all he did not bullshit...his products met up to the expectations one would have when purchasing goods from a man with such a respectable beard.