Author Topic: What is the "deal" with Tom Prince?  (Read 17775 times)

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
Re: What is the "deal" with Tom Prince?
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »
It seems weird, but then again, some people can't tell the difference between "loose" and "lose". ::)

I'd say that's probably a much more common error. Hell, I occasionally catch myself misspelling "lose" as "loose". Then again, I don't claim to have a Master's in English Literature. I'm just your typical GetBig "looser" I guess... ;D
Greed is good!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 04:11:54 PM »
I'd say that's probably a much more common error. Hell, I occasionally catch myself misspelling "lose" as "loose". Then again, I don't claim to have a Master's in English Literature. I'm just your typical GetBig "looser" I guess... ;D

;D For some reason it really pisses me off when people confuse the two. Why did it start? But I see what you are saying, Tom did misspell some things and use odd grammar for someone of his education. Maybe he was always on the verge of Supporting Getbig while he was posting.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 04:15:05 PM »
    ;D For some reason it really pisses me off when people confuse the two. Why did it start? But I see what you are saying, Tom did misspell some things and use odd grammar for someone of his education. Maybe he was always on the verge of Supporting Getbig while he was posting.

Tom was world famous. When people are stars, they have ghost writers. He doesn't even own a computer..

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 04:18:09 PM »

Tom was world famous. When people are stars, they have ghost writers. He doesn't even own a computer..

Well, if we are to believe Kevin Levrone, some pros do use ghostwriters for their online rantings.

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Yes, he is indeed world famous. I think that if any national mainstream publication took a poll on who the world's most easily recognized faces are, TP would certainly be in anybody's top ten.
Greed is good!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »
The thing I've always wondered about, is the kidney issue. Our own Sean Maloney once mentioned overhearing some of TP's good friends at a contest that TP was a cocaine user, hence what Tom claims to be a "fistula (sp?)" for his dialysis treatments.
The kidneys filter blood, correct? Well, if your shooting coke in your veins, wouldn't the kidneys be one of the first stops of the now coke-laden blood? On a day-to-day basis, I'm sure this would lead to damaging the kidneys, right? (I'm thinking outloud here).
On top of the possible drug use, there is the diuretics for shows and maybe guest posings as well. Drying out your kidneys and the long periods of dehydration for shows would also lead to cumlative damage on your kidneys, right? Then you have the advil, which would cause some trouble with the kidneys, but not to the extent that TP claims. Then add in the protein and that's even more stress on the kidneys.
All of the steroids, advils, diuretics, and the rumoured drug use probably were what caused his kidney failure. So, TP's telling what happened, just not quite as it actually happened. Somewhat skewed the story to suit his ego. It's the truth, just not the whole truth!

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 06:07:18 PM »

If I recall correctly he did mention that he used a lot of steriods back in the dec 03 or jan 04 issue of Flex. He said something along the lines to the doctors, "if I told you how much stuff I was on, get ready to get a pen and a notebook."

I remember this as well.  But who knows if Flex used this quote in context.
Motherboy (the band).

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »
The thing I've always wondered about, is the kidney issue. Our own Sean Maloney once mentioned overhearing some of TP's good friends at a contest that TP was a cocaine user, hence what Tom claims to be a "fistula (sp?)" for his dialysis treatments.
The kidneys filter blood, correct? Well, if your shooting coke in your veins, wouldn't the kidneys be one of the first stops of the now coke-laden blood? On a day-to-day basis, I'm sure this would lead to damaging the kidneys, right? (I'm thinking outloud here).
On top of the possible drug use, there is the diuretics for shows and maybe guest posings as well. Drying out your kidneys and the long periods of dehydration for shows would also lead to cumlative damage on your kidneys, right? Then you have the advil, which would cause some trouble with the kidneys, but not to the extent that TP claims. Then add in the protein and that's even more stress on the kidneys.
All of the steroids, advils, diuretics, and the rumoured drug use probably were what caused his kidney failure. So, TP's telling what happened, just not quite as it actually happened. Somewhat skewed the story to suit his ego. It's the truth, just not the whole truth!

Are you talking about the time that someone mentioned TP mainlining cocaine?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 06:32:54 PM »
I personally think that the FLEX articles on Tom's downfall were pretty decent and describe the situation. Why is everyone so concerned over what drug use to the pill/shot/injection he confessed to?
The bottomline is that he took responsibilityfor his drug problems and health issues that followed.
Why does he need to provide a laundry list of every drug he took?
My main theme in this post is that I felt he seemed unable to put bodybuilding behind him and move on to other pursuits.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 07:24:23 PM »
Are you talking about the time that someone mentioned TP mainlining cocaine?

Yes, there is a post that Sean Maloney (then known as On_Swole) made about TP in one of their online debates. TP responded calling SM a drug dealer. It's over at MM, can probably find it if you wanted.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2006, 05:00:11 AM »
Yes, there is a post that Sean Maloney (then known as On_Swole) made about TP in one of their online debates. TP responded calling SM a drug dealer. It's over at MM, can probably find it if you wanted.

Online "debates"? I will give you credit, you are a generous person. ;D

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2006, 06:15:55 AM »
tom prince is a mess and never was candid about his drug use..  he never mentioned the ungodly amounts of drugs he took (advil doesnt cause kidney failure folks)- see nubain, and loads of steroids and who knows what else..

Advil can cause kidney failure, folks!
of the causes of renal failure I saw and read about in 6 years of med school guess what. References to NSAIDS(group of drugs to which advil belongs): lots
references to diuretics:some
references to anabolic steroids:zero

regards, the Doc :)
The Dude Abides

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2006, 07:13:06 AM »
The dude freely admitted to using everything under the sun in large doses in a massive article printed in FLEX around the time of his kidney retardation. It is simply the case that taking vast quantities of painkillers for joint pain fuxks your kidneys up more than roids, which have other effects.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 05:03:02 PM »
Ok, let's say it was the advil... Not the tons of bodybuilding drugs. Let's talk about all the other pros (ex pros) that had kidney failure.. Let's face it people, it was the bodybuilding drugs..

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2006, 05:13:54 PM »
. Let's face it people, it was the bodybuilding drugs..

I'm not saying it's the BBing drugs. Other drugs, yes.

Tinsley

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2006, 10:03:32 AM »
Agreed.  NSAIDS can cause huge problems, including prevention of blood clotting, destruction of muccus membranes, damage to the gastrointestinal tract, and damage to the kidneys and liver.  It's why they had to pull drugs like VIOXX and restrict drugs like Celebrex.

The "Merse"

T

Advil can cause kidney failure, folks!
of the causes of renal failure I saw and read about in 6 years of med school guess what. References to NSAIDS(group of drugs to which advil belongs): lots
references to diuretics:some
references to anabolic steroids:zero

regards, the Doc :)

the_doc

• Getbig II
  • Bigger Stronger Faster
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »
Agreed.  NSAIDS can cause huge problems, including prevention of blood clotting, destruction of muccus membranes, damage to the gastrointestinal tract, and damage to the kidneys and liver.  It's why they had to pull drugs like VIOXX and restrict drugs like Celebrex.

The "Merse"

T

Hey Tinsley, In ireland it's a "Murse". only joking, regards,
the Doc :)

The Dude Abides

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »
(advil doesnt cause kidney failure folks)

An analgesic (AN-ul-JEE-zik) is any medicine intended to relieve pain. Over-the-counter analgesics (medicines bought without a prescription) include aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, and others. These drugs present no danger for most people when taken in the recommended dosage. But some conditions make taking even these common painkillers dangerous for the kidneys. Also, taking one or a combination of these drugs regularly over a long period of time may increase the risk for kidney problems. Most drugs that can cause kidney damage are excreted only through the kidneys.

Analgesic use has been associated with two different forms of kidney damage. Some patient case reports have attributed incidents of sudden-onset acute kidney failure to the use of over-the-counter painkillers, including aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen. The patients in these reports had risk factors such as systemic lupus erythematosus, advanced age, chronic kidney disease, or recent heavy alcohol consumption. These cases involved a single dose in some instances and generally short-term analgesic use of not more than 10 days. Acute kidney failure requires emergency dialysis to clean the blood. Kidney damage is frequently reversible, with normal kidney function returning after the emergency is over and the analgesic use is stopped.

A second form of kidney damage, called analgesic nephropathy, can result from taking painkillers every day for several years. Analgesic nephropathy is a chronic kidney disease that over years gradually leads to irreversible kidney failure and the permanent need for dialysis or a kidney transplant to restore renal function.

Longstanding daily use of painkillers composed of two or more analgesics (particularly aspirin and acetaminophen together) with caffeine or codeine are most likely to damage the kidneys. These mixtures are often sold as powders or tablets. Recent studies have suggested that longstanding daily use of single analgesics such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen may also increase the risk of chronic kidney damage.
In view of these findings, patients with conditions that put them at risk for acute kidney failure should check with their doctors before taking any analgesic medicine. People who take over-the-counter painkillers on an ongoing and regular basis should check with their doctors to make sure the drugs are not hurting their kidneys. The doctor may be able to recommend a safer alternative.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »
BODY DESTROYING
TEAM WOLF