Author Topic: Quincy Taylor - PDI bound??  (Read 9866 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Quincy Taylor - PDI bound??
« on: April 29, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhh..not quite.

Talked to the big man just the other day, asked him about the rumour:

Quote: "f**k no...." QT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: QUINCY TAYLOR...PDI BOUND??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 08:55:05 PM »
Bob, will you be disclosing EVERY athlete's intentions on the boards?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 09:02:14 PM »
I've known QT for a long time and I think he's pretty loyal to the IFBB!!

monte45

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 09:37:38 PM »
i just hope thid PDI and IFBB battle dosn't turn into a huge MESS .......
ps. .... Awesome showing at the masters Bob,that was an awesome show it was clear as day who was the winner too...that must be the best part...no dispute....and i think its awsoem what CMG and BB.com is doing....with all teh live shows that like the best thing since sliced bread for me...no better way to learn then watchin the best at work. one more thing....that reality show or w/e you wanna call it you had should have sequel..   ;)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »
i just hope thid PDI and IFBB battle dosn't turn into a huge MESS

That is exactly what many southern plantation owners said  back in 1860, then , about 1 year later....well as they say, it is history ;)
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 01:07:17 AM »

Just the ones I see threads announcing their intentions from people other than themselves.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 01:13:44 AM »
Just the ones I see threads announcing their intentions from people other than themselves.
Thanks Chic, I think that Wayne D will have a very hard time making a go of it , if some established pros don't jump on baord, time will tell which way this is going, right now < I would say the PDI looks shortlived.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Quincy Taylor - PDI bound??
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 01:18:09 AM »
Bob...what is your opinion on the whole pdi thing?I am interested to hear your point of view?

p.s . I am serious not being sarcastic.

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 01:22:10 AM »
bob just wondering if u've concidered or are concidering on joining the pdi? Also do you know of any other pro's that are joining or thinking of joining the pdi?

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 01:31:42 AM »

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »
Why ask Bob his opinion? He's a tool and the IFBB monkey boy. Ask someone who would give a fair and unbias point of view.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 01:34:06 AM »
Why ask Bob his opinion? He's a tool and the IFBB monkey boy. Ask someone who would give a fair and unbias point of view.

ughh...NO...I wanted to know his opinion.Someone else would give me their fair and balanced opinion...I was asking for Bob's.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »
Thanks Chic, I think that Wayne D will have a very hard time making a go of it , if some established pros don't jump on baord, time will tell which way this is going, right now < I would say the PDI looks shortlived.

i'm going with the turtle in this contest

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 09:17:20 AM »
Bob...what is your opinion on the whole pdi thing?I am interested to hear your point of view?

p.s . I am serious not being sarcastic.

Good question...

I think competition is Great for BB, and better for the Pro athletes in general. I have talked to Wayne, and know that hes not looking for any of the "top guys" to jump over...he's going after a different market. Will he succeed? Only time will tell.

I think theres a place for the "PDI", and have reccomended competing there for some athletes (don't ask who...you know I can't disclose that info.)

I do believe it's going to be tough to attract fans, as they want to see the best compete in ANY sport. If that wasn't the case...the natural shows would be packed. I'm not sure a "JV" division will pull in enough support to sustain the company for any length of time.

I wish Wayne the best, and hope the athletes are the ones to benefit in one way or another.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 09:30:30 AM »
Good question...

I think competition is Great for BB, and better for the Pro athletes in general. I have talked to Wayne, and know that hes not looking for any of the "top guys" to jump over...he's going after a different market. Will he succeed? Only time will tell.

I think theres a place for the "PDI", and have reccomended competing there for some athletes (don't ask who...you know I can't disclose that info.)

I do believe it's going to be tough to attract fans, as they want to see the best compete in ANY sport. If that wasn't the case...the natural shows would be packed. I'm not sure a "JV" division will pull in enough support to sustain the company for any length of time.

I wish Wayne the best, and hope the athletes are the ones to benefit in one way or another.

Bob owns again!

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 09:31:27 AM »
[/quote hes loyal to low placings

thisiskeith12

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »
[/quote hes loyal to low placings

It is Sunday brother. God proclaimed this day as a day of rest.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 10:15:18 AM »
Good question...

Great job on this, Bob. I'm so happy that you are athletes rep!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »
Yeah.... Rusty Jeffers

We've already gone over this on this site. Bob was the clear winner. Bob is Ironage perfection. Drill this into your head.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 05:01:03 PM »
Bob owns again!

you are a retard...what do you mean he owns? I asked a genuine question and he gave an honest answer.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 08:23:35 PM »
We've already gone over this on this site. Bob was the clear winner. Bob is Ironage perfection. Drill this into your head.

lay down the pipe... Everyone knows Rusty was the true winner
I am a mini beast

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 07:29:59 AM »
Bob, how does it feel to know that your last show and the only one you "won" was a highway robbery of another athlete? Another question would be how does it feel to be an AMI whore?

Bob was the clear winner. There is no controversy. He looked better than the rest of the top 4 and deserved the victory.

RHINO290

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »
Good question...

Very well stated chick, but......
To say that the PDI is going to be comprised of jv athletes is closed minded at best. Everyone knows there are tons of great bodybuilders in Europe who are far better than many current IFBB pros. I will even go as far to say that I could have beaten half the competitors in last years new york pro. Yes, I know, these are the athletes you speak of, that should go to the PDI. Where I don't agree with you is that people won't come to see. People are sick of the same people, Ron, Jay(who by the way is a good freind and my idol). I apreciate your comments and the way you don't disrespect the PDI, but i also think your public opinion is schewed(SP?). Because of your affiliation with ifbb and such.

Let em ask you a question, should'nt athletes be able to compete in both? Why does the IFBB only recognize the NPC as it's only funnel? As you know the Nabba is dominant in Europe, well, anyway, just some thoughts.

Jack London

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 08:23:25 AM »
To say that the PDI is going to be comprised of jv athletes is closed minded at best. Everyone knows there are tons of great bodybuilders in Europe who are far better than many current IFBB pros. I will even go as far to say that I could have beaten half the competitors in last years new york pro. Yes, I know, these are the athletes you speak of, that should go to the PDI. Where I don't agree with you is that people won't come to see. People are sick of the same people, Ron, Jay(who by the way is a good freind and my idol). I apreciate your comments and the way you don't disrespect the PDI, but i also think your public opinion is schewed(SP?). Because of your affiliation with ifbb and such.

Let em ask you a question, should'nt athletes be able to compete in both? Why does the IFBB only recognize the NPC as it's only funnel? As you know the Nabba is dominant in Europe, well, anyway, just some thoughts.

Jack London

Great points, Jack!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 08:54:56 AM »

Jack London

Thanks for the reply, Jack....

I appreciate you recognizing that I haven't bashed/ disrespected the PDI (nor will I).

My point was that the half of the lineup you think you would have beaten at last years NY Pro, isn't the group the paying public was paying to see...they pay to see the names.

By perception isn't based on my affiliation with the IFBB, NPC, or any of the 25+ year friendships, associations I've built...it's based on simple economics and knowing what people are willing to pay for.

Much like there were some damn good athletes in the USFL, XFL, WCW, etc....the bottom line was the fans didn't embrace them, and didn't support them with their dollars.

There are  some good athletes in Europe...that no one knows here, that no one knows anything about...the key would to try and create a fanbase with magazine exposure. Will the mags be receptive to showcasing athletes that don't live here on a reg basis? Will European sponsorship last for long with shows put on in the US?

There are a million questions that have yet to be answered...and the only way they will get answered is when the first PDI show takes place. Until then we can speculate all we want, and it's good fodder for the boards...thats about it.

I wish you the best my friend, hopefully this will work out for yourself and the other athletes involved.