Author Topic: What Happened to Richard Jones?  (Read 4536 times)

Grundle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • "Ruining lives and ratting on friends since '93"
What Happened to Richard Jones?
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:58 PM »
He used to post here all the time? What gives?
Int. Fed.of Booty Bandits

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
Re: What Happened to Richard Jones?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 01:26:25 AM »
I read on another forum that he is officially retiring from competitive bodybuilding.

If that is true, i wish him the best. Besides, the IFBB is crumbling anyway.

Richard, if you read this...best of luck to you. Although i feel as many others do that you never reached your full potential.

Does anyone seem to notice the on going trend with BB's retiring? Is BBing dying or becoming less interesting?

Look whats happend in the last 3 years:

GNC....drops prize money AFTER athletes sign a contract. Then a year later, it's GONE! Besides, Gunter beating Ronnie was just obsurd!

The Euro Tour is nowhere to be found. In the 80's and late 90's there where like 10 Euro shows. Then it dropped down to 3, now....ZILCH, ZERO, NADA!

The Olympia just plain ole sucks now. The "challenge round" tanked within 2 years just as expected. Expo has declined in class the last few years.

AMI F'd everything up. and every year they say the Olympia is going to be the best ever! Yeah F'N right!

The mags suck and just keep running the same old boring-ass articles. the only way M&F and FLEX survive is ADS! without them, their mags would be like 25 pages! with 5 of them being for penis pumps and sex pills!

The whole quality of the sport is dying. less and less come to the shows, and less and less quality guys turn pro.

Let me see.....what else?

Oh, and Bob Chick wins a show? Now I really know why the sport isn't attracting the viewers they once had back in the day.

Jones, i don't blame you! there ain't nothing in this sport worth the effort.

I feel better now.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:58:03 AM »
The guy was on here, being all pleasant [as usual] and for no apparent reason, he gets a racial slur thrown at him. He has not posted in this section since.

craig213

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 03:29:43 AM »
richard jones aint retiring!!!!

its capriese murray! >:(

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 03:54:25 AM »
Blah it has nothing to do with spanky.  The comment was deleted and the thread continued fine.  Richard is just a proactive guy, unless you mention him he's not going to pop in.  I'm sure he'll post in this thread and let you all know he's alive and skullcrushing through life (the man would have barely any spare time to himself).

Lets get something straight also, spanky had no idea who Richard Jones was.. I had to send him to some pages for him to find out.  (after he'd commented).

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 04:41:28 AM »
Rihard Jones is persuing his education at this time and is working on his masters. I am not sure what his field of of study is. It is not likely he will return to competition in the near future.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 04:43:42 AM »
He's a smart man. why would he compete again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:35:50 AM »
Focus, guys.

You'll see RJ this September on a New York stage.

ssparty

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:50:07 AM »
Focus, guys.

You'll see RJ this September on a New York stage.

Don't count on it  :'(

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 05:51:01 AM »
Let me see.....what else?

Oh, and Bob Chick wins a show? Now I really know why the sport isn't attracting the viewers they once had back in the day.

The coup de grāce.

bronxbomber

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »
...hey don't forget the "fans " specifically on this board have no respect for bodybuilding or the competitors!!

with all this negativity and bashing..why are some so called fans even on the boards?

how can bodybuilding get any better, with it's own fan base constantly bashing it!

well here's something else to add this the list too !!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 06:32:31 AM »
...hey don't forget the "fans " specifically on this board have no respect for bodybuilding or the competitors!!

with all this negativity and bashing..why are some so called fans even on the boards?

how can bodybuilding get any better, with it's own fan base constantly bashing it!

well here's something else to add this the list too !!

meltdown ;D
I

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 07:12:04 AM »
Naw, Richard comes in even when the topic is not him. from what i read, he's doesn't have the time to post much.

Damm, I tried all morning to find the link to the other thread where I read that he was done.

But anyway, it wasn't him that posted, but it sounded like that someone knew him. So, who knows for sure until we hear from Richard.

the post read something like this: "Richard Jones officially is retiring from competitive bodybuilding to pursue other avenues of his life and to secure his future". The guy obviously has his sights on his future. At 31-32 years old, he only has 7-8 years left give or take a year or two. THEN WHAT? As far as I'm concerned, he's doing the right thing.

I mean come'on guys...do you blame the guy? what's left in bodybuilding? the athletes kill themselves (literally and sometimes "others") just to get shafted at a show because of politics or whatever. prime example is Bob Chick winning the masters over what we all saw was much more complete and better structured than him. But we already talked about that.

I personally love bodybuilding but i'd rather keep my day job than try and compete for pennies on the dollar. for it (BBing) being a "professional sport", the salary SUCKS!

Look at it, Weider for example pays their athletes what $20-40K a year! Then if they have a supp. company as a sponsor, that's another what...$30K? all while the athlete is busting his or her ass and being exploited like a bunch of circus midgets? I don't blame any athlete seeking and putting max effort into their future by school or working at a job that one can retire on. BBing has NO med benefits or retirement plan. No 401K, no comp time, etc...

Bottom line = BBing has NO future benefits. 

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 07:16:54 AM »
Naw, Richard comes in even when the topic is not him. from what i read, he's doesn't have the time to post much.

Damm, I tried all morning to find the link to the other thread where I read that he was done.

But anyway, it wasn't him that posted, but it sounded like that someone knew him. So, who knows for sure until we hear from Richard.

the post read something like this: "Richard Jones officially is retiring from competitive bodybuilding to pursue other avenues of his life and to secure his future". The guy obviously has his sights on his future. At 31-32 years old, he only has 7-8 years left give or take a year or two. THEN WHAT? As far as I'm concerned, he's doing the right thing.

I mean come'on guys...do you blame the guy? what's left in bodybuilding? the athletes kill themselves (literally and sometimes "others") just to get shafted at a show because of politics or whatever. prime example is Bob Chick winning the masters over what we all saw was much more complete and better structured than him. But we already talked about that.

I personally love bodybuilding but i'd rather keep my day job than try and compete for pennies on the dollar. for it (BBing) being a "professional sport", the salary SUCKS!

Look at it, Weider for example pays their athletes what $20-40K a year! Then if they have a supp. company as a sponsor, that's another what...$30K? all while the athlete is busting his or her ass and being exploited like a bunch of circus midgets? I don't blame any athlete seeking and putting max effort into their future by school or working at a job that one can retire on. BBing has NO med benefits or retirement plan. No 401K, no comp time, etc...

Bob was the clear winner of the Masters. He dwarfed Rusty. ::)

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 07:23:26 AM »
yeah, I'm sure we ALLLLLLL thought that Bob won fair and square!

Since, the IFBB won't apologize to Rusty and the others, I'll do it for them.

"SORRY Mr. Jeffers for screwing you out of a $15K check and making a fool out of you on stage. Please understand that Mr. Chick is our puppet and we have to throw him a bone every now and then."

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 07:26:33 AM »

HELLO!!!!! Anyone home? 

It was Capriese Murray!  Dinglebreath.....

There should be a rule that if you have under 250 posts your replys cannot exceed 5 words...
Giving 110%

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 07:33:07 AM »
I'm going to e-mail Richard this morning and just ask him. then, I'll ask him to drop in and confirm it.

Ok "DICKson"?

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
I'm going to e-mail Richard this morning and just ask him. then, I'll ask him to drop in and confirm it.

Ok "DICKson"?

;)

Be sure to post the reply either way... got it?
Giving 110%