Author Topic: PRO'S a quick questions please reply  (Read 11793 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: PRO'S a quick questions please reply
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2006, 03:59:11 AM »
It must be pretty scary having aspirations to become a drug user.

There is nothing guaranteed with that type of lifeplan.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2006, 04:19:18 AM »
Kid,

I applaud your youthful enthusiasm, but the best advice anyone is gonna give you is this: If you are 16 and have good genetics and athletic ability, pick a SPORT and pursue it.  Professional bodybuilding is a filthy underworld of gay prostitution, hardcore drug use, and Dave Palumbo.  Save this post. You will look back on it in ten years and thank me.

nelson, what is filthy about any prostitution?  i thought everybody has running water these day.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 08:15:20 AM »
Kid,

I applaud your youthful enthusiasm, but the best advice anyone is gonna give you is this: If you are 16 and have good genetics and athletic ability, pick a SPORT and pursue it.  Professional bodybuilding is a filthy underworld of gay prostitution, hardcore drug use, and Dave Palumbo.  Save this post. You will look back on it in ten years and thank me.

Great advice! Especially the part about Palumbo ;D

Harry R. M. Pitts

• Getbig III
  • large lover
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
Kid,

excellent post
"

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
Hey to all you pro's I just want a pro's opinion to if one day I could turn pro. I'm currently 16.

I'm not a pro, but perhaps I can help...Yes!  You can someday be a pro, provided:
*you are genetically pre disposed to gaining mass quantities of muscle with little or no effort.
*you are able to stay lean in spite of eating crap food regularly.
*you use anabolic steroids, GH, insulin, diuretics, etc.
*you are willing to compromise your health and become a felon as a result of using/dealing the above-mentioned controlled substances.
*you are willing to do "private" posing sessions and discrete "wrestling" to fund your amateur career as you work your way up the ranks.

Hope that helps.  Good luck!
w

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »
Dedication, Consistency, and a will to win ....

Alexxx Dwarfs you
L

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2006, 11:04:07 AM »
Hey to all you pro's I just want a pro's opinion to if one day I could turn pro. I'm currently 16.

For 16 you have a decent back; although in terms of a pro stage who the hell knows?   I can put on a ton of muscle relatively easily, but it don't have pro shape, I'm injury prone, I hate cardio with an intense searing passion (but do it begrudingly)....point is, as compared to an average person you look great, but pro potential......as Ron said how can you judge based on one photo?   You have a decent back at 16, but you might toothpick thighs and zero chest and shoulder.   To become a pro....WOW.....first you'll need a serious drug regimen and then think about all that gay-for-pay you'll have to partake in (unless you love dick already and then you're good).   Keep trainin, finish high school, go to college, keep training and then see where you're at; although, if you really have potential and you're trainin hard you'll know within a couple years if the sport is right for you.   

Remember you can shape a turd however you want, but it's still a fuggin steamin turd. 

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »

Alexxx Dwarfs you

If Alexxx were here he could hook this kid up with all the secrets of how to build a pro physique ::)
I

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2006, 05:57:55 PM »
um the earth is 13 billion years old
and the bible was written just over 2,000 years ago.
you do the math. :)

4 billion...

The earth is 4 billion years old.

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »

Alexxx Dwarfs you

Alex dwarfs me haha. Also how old is alex and how long has he been doing bodybuilding for?
And also to everyone who told me to give it up and play a sport NO I love bodybuilding and its not something i'm ever going to give up. I'm training to be a personal trainer at the momment so don't worry about me putting evrything on bodybuilding.
And thanks to you all that complimented me.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »
Alex dwarfs me haha. Also how old is alex and how long has he been doing bodybuilding for?
And also to everyone who told me to give it up and play a sport NO I love bodybuilding and its not something i'm ever going to give up. I'm training to be a personal trainer at the momment so don't worry about me putting evrything on bodybuilding.
And thanks to you all that complimented me.

You might have a genetic disorder that will kill you before you reach 25 :-\

thisiskeith12

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2006, 07:21:59 PM »
  You might have a genetic disorder that will kill you before you reach 25 :-\

This kid could be 25 for all we know...

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2006, 07:42:56 PM »

Not to dampen your spirits.
But the best way to learn if you "can  turn pro" one day., is to start competing asap. If you succeed immediately, and have a look that the judges like, if you bring it, and you can constantly place on the top 5 after a few shows, I think then your in the BALLPARK. Then your compeittive..If you do a handfull of shows, and well, you dont place, and you just are not competitive, well that should tell you.

Many of us can post a rear lat spread and look impressive, or any one of our strong bodyparts, doesnt mean poopooo..

There is a looong cruel hard road to be a pro..you have to be not only extremely consistent, (dieting, training) but also genetically gifted..your body has to respnd WELL to training...Are you aware what a top amateur (not even a pro!) goes through daily? Daily food preperation, intake, gear, if you really think of it, top amateur bodybuilder are the POOREST athletes...and the least known...

I wanted to be a pro bodybuilder when i was 16..yep..10 years later reality kicked me in the ass. lool..

I remember YEARS ago, when i was 16-19 I read something that almost made me want to cry, and I didnt want to believe..It was in Muscle and fitness, an article on who can be a PRO bodybuilder..

It has some insane small % of the population on the planet, that theoretically has the genetic potential to possibly do it..

Then, there is the weeding out- folks that dont want to- arent interested in it- but can! (have the genetics)

Then you have some minute amount of the popluation that can be a Pro bodybuilder..

The rest, can walk down a street and turn heads, and look impressive to the gerneral public...thats what most of us train for..

Then you have the Jay Cutlers, Ronnie Colemans, Shawn Rays, Lee Priests, Yates, etc...I think there have been what, 11 Mr OLYMPIAS in 40 years?? Correct me if im wrong, but something like that...what does that tell you! Even the best of the best have tough time knocking off the champ. Arnie, Haney, Yates, Coleman..Again, only a few..

Some advice, if people arent running up to you, saying "You HAVE TO COMPETE! OMG YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!" lol.. work har din school dude, and master how to make lots of money, so you dont live a shitty life struggling..Bodybuild bc you love it..Its just one of those sports..

At least in Pro sports like Football, you can work your ass off, and a hrad working athlete with avg genetics MIGHT be able to get into the NFL...Or, be a pro boxer, or whatever, you get my point..TOO many VARIABLES to becoming a pro bodybuilder.. :'(

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2006, 07:45:07 PM »

So death could be right around the corner for him? :'(

xavmaster

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2006, 02:20:59 AM »

I promise on my life i'm 16. I'm not really sure why I would bother making that up but anyway.
My dad was a bodybuilder and that helped me alot when I first started but his knowlodge only helped me to a certain point and i've furthered that and i'm currently and doing my certificate 3 in fitness thats why I didn't go to collage. Now do you believe me. I don't care what you think about me because I doubt i'll ever meet any of you but I do give my opinion and I appreciate all of your opinions but don't start saying i'm 25 haha. Have you seen the picture of me front on?

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2006, 06:48:57 AM »
I promise on my life i'm 16. I'm not really sure why I would bother making that up but anyway.
My dad was a bodybuilder and that helped me alot when I first started but his knowlodge only helped me to a certain point and i've furthered that and i'm currently and doing my certificate 3 in fitness thats why I didn't go to collage. Now do you believe me. I don't care what you think about me because I doubt i'll ever meet any of you but I do give my opinion and I appreciate all of your opinions but don't start saying i'm 25 haha. Have you seen the picture of me front on?

xavmaster, have you accepted Christ into your life?