Author Topic: NOC takes another hit - Vinny Galanti is out  (Read 36160 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NOC takes another hit - Vinny Galanti is out
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 09:04:21 PM »
This is the best thing you can come up with?

Yes.  i have constructed an analogy which clearly puts the IFBB fan/athlete perspective into the grocery store environment so that all can understand it. 

High-fiving because you are now working under the thumb of a monopoly - dancing and cheering as your only bargaining chip walks out the door - the ultimate in self-defeat.

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 09:09:18 PM »
240, is the NOC cancelled.?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 09:10:35 PM »
ONLYME, where you at dawg

dont get silent on me now ;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 09:11:27 PM »

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »
ONLYME, where you at dawg

dont get silent on me now ;D

I am going to bitch about him too.  The guy seemed to have some cred when he first started posting.  Now his bitterness and escuses have gotten to be too much.  "Did I ever tell you guys the story?"  Your spider story would be somewhat compelling if you had not fallen into the trap of running your mouth as a vice. 

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 09:15:27 PM »
what about all the tickets that were sold.  Anyhow, at least Lee P can still compete in the olympia. just sucks for jack, TJ and the euro guys that they started to diet and now no show.  Well good effort

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »
I have heard nothing about the NOC being cancelled.  Only that a guy got hurt.  Last i heard, the place was almost sold out, and there are a lot of guys dieting their asses off and training for the Night of Champions.  

It's starting out, there are going to be bumps.  It's obvious the IFBB is doing what it can to stop the PDI from materializing.  It is weird to me that some people here - fans - are anti-PDI.  it's like eating fast food at McD everyday, and protesting a new Burger King in town.  Or spending 3 nights a week at a titty bar and throwing a fit because a new one might open. It's more options, and you don't have to follow it if you don't want to.  But it will make the sport you're currently following, better.

But, you can keep on high-fiving and celebrating the fact that most pro Bbers are going to stay poor, shows are still going to be low quality, and thse running the place have no motivation to improve.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 09:22:38 PM »
Look at 240 trying to teach first-year undergrad economic concepts to a bunch of people who never even finished high school. 

It might be basic, but it's still over their heads.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

geeves20022000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 09:27:23 PM »
sorry I got confused.  I thought I read somewhere in the thread that it was cancelled.  But thank you clearing it up for me.  Maybe I will see some of you there.

PhoenixRising

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 09:30:34 PM »
I normally just read the threads and keep my comments to myself, but in this case I do have to say that 240 has brought up some excellent points and his analogy to Wal-mart v. Target was right on the mark.  Competition between organizations will help keep the sport alive and also push each organization to give their fans a great/good product.  Of course, we could all continue to jump on the anti-PDI bandwagon and be stuck with a crappy Mr. Olympia year after year after year. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 09:31:16 PM »
Look at 240 trying to teach first-year undergrad economic concepts to a bunch of people who never even finished high school. 

Exactly.

Yay, IFBB wins, and the fans lose (or loose for the not-so-sharp around here).
HAHA, RON.....

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 09:33:23 PM »

hi 240

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
I normally just read the threads and keep my comments to myself, but in this case I do have to say that 240 has brought up some excellent points and his analogy to Wal-mart v. Target was right on the mark.  Competition between organizations will help keep the sport alive and also push each organization to give their fans a great/good product.  Of course, we could all continue to jump on the anti-PDI bandwagon and be stuck with a crappy Mr. Olympia year after year after year. 

Thanks.  I've said from minute one that I'm pro-PDI because I'm pro-competition.  I'd also support the NEXT pro federation in a minute, because it means that both the PDI and IFBB would have to work harder to keep fans & athletes.  I'm not blindly loyal to Wayne or anyone else.  I'm paid to build websites and plan marketing, and I follow the sport.

Most anti-PDI athletes are like that because they want to appease their NPC/IFBB bosses, or because they are fools.  If they're doing it to gain favor with the IFBB, it means the judging must be based on more than just physiques.  Otherwise, they are fools - as only a fool would bad-talk an entity which will result in them being able to demand more money and better benefits for their services.  It's basic economics.

And only a foolish fan would bad-talk something which would improve the IFBB shows they enjoy so much.  Olympia prize money just jumped tremendously.  Why NOW?  Coincidence?  Or enticement to keep top IFBB guys from jumping?  ;)  This would show that the PDI, before ever holding one show, has already improved life for the IFBB athletes.  Every IFBB Olympia guy earns $4k now.  Why NOW, when they got nothing before? 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »
A lot of fans definitely want a CREDIBLE alternative to the IFBB but the PDI doesn't appear to be it...

1. wayne... who really wants this guy running a federation? he is far from ideal...

2. empty promises... plenty of those so far...

3. lack of money... the WBF was a joke but it DID put more money in the bodybuilder's pockets. the pdi hasn't given a bobybuilder one penny so far...

when a meaningful alternative to the ifbb comes along with the right people and finances then many people will get behind it 100%...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 09:46:04 PM »
A lot of fans definitely want a CREDIBLE alternative to the IFBB but the PDI doesn't appear to be it...

1. wayne... who really wants this guy running a federation? he is far from ideal...

3. lack of money... the WBF was a joke but it DID put more money in the bodybuilder's pockets. the pdi hasn't given a bobybuilder one penny so far...

when a meaningful alternative to the ifbb comes along with the right people and finances then many people will get behind it 100%...

amen brother jwb

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2006, 09:47:48 PM »
amen brother jwb
All we need now is someone with 5 mill dollars who doesn't want it back in a hurry!

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2006, 09:49:09 PM »
Last i heard, the place was almost sold out

If Wayne said it, it must be true, because everyone knows Wayne would never lie.

It's obvious the IFBB is doing what it can to stop the PDI from materializing.

Why is that obvious?  Is it maybe possible that with no real sponsorship, one true pro (with a history of ducking obligations), the early partnership with crook James Goad (who still owes a lot of prize money to pro's from over 2 years ago!), and Wayne's less-than-stellar rep as "the athlete's friend," PDI fell apart on its own?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:38 PM »
This is like all the Walmart employees, laughing and dancing in the parking lot as the Target across the street closes.  As they walk inside, Walmart mgmt laughs a bit louder.

Why? Well, now Walmart mgmt is now able to lower wages, cut hours, and eliminate benefits.  After all, where else can the employees work now?  Mgmt no longer has to worry about keeping shoppers happy either, and raises prices.  After all, there are no other places in town to shop!

Cashiers will giggle as they work for less.  Customers will laugh as they pay more and wait in longer lines to buy from a lower selection.  They'll all claim a victory.  They'll high-five and thank their Union rep for chasing Target out of town. 

Be careful what you wish for.

If Target put out a quality product at competitive pricing, you might have a point...

...but when the "competition" puts out a inferior product...
 and no one knows whether the store is ever going to open or  not...
 and the two smaller "stores" that were supposed to open, never did...
 and the "employees" were simply given a job without being qualified in the first place...
 and no information on the "investors" that were supposed to be backing this venture, can be verified...
 and the health care benefits for the workers have been shown to be a fraud...

I can't see where this analogy makes any sense.

BTW, no one except for the people in charge of "Target", have anyone to blame for their decisions.

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 09:54:41 PM »
Olympia prize money just jumped tremendously.  Why NOW?  Coincidence?  Or enticement to keep top IFBB guys from jumping?  ;)  This would show that the PDI, before ever holding one show, has already improved life for the IFBB athletes.  Every IFBB Olympia guy earns $4k now.  Why NOW, when they got nothing before? 

The O money jumped LAST YEAR by 45% (when no one was talking PDI).  It's not up much at all this year, maybe nothing at all, since the total depends on how many guys qualify.  It only jumped by such a huge percentage AFTER Wayne was gone.  And everyone got $2000 last year and they get at least $4000 this year.  Wayne fought them getting anything year after year after year.  He always said without an incentive to earn money they'd just show up out of shape to just get a check.  It was Shawn Ray who first got the non-placing athletes money from an outside sponsor and announced it at the press conference 3 years ago, embarrassing Wayne (who was roundly booed).  To give Wayne credit for what he fought against all those years is truly a joke!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 09:55:03 PM »
Thanks.  I've said from minute one that I'm pro-PDI because I'm pro-competition.  I'd also support the NEXT pro federation in a minute, because it means that both the PDI and IFBB would have to work harder to keep fans & athletes.  I'm not blindly loyal to Wayne or anyone else.  I'm paid to build websites and plan marketing, and I follow the sport.

Most anti-PDI athletes are like that because they want to appease their NPC/IFBB bosses, or because they are fools.  If they're doing it to gain favor with the IFBB, it means the judging must be based on more than just physiques.  Otherwise, they are fools - as only a fool would bad-talk an entity which will result in them being able to demand more money and better benefits for their services.  It's basic economics.

And only a foolish fan would bad-talk something which would improve the IFBB shows they enjoy so much.  Olympia prize money just jumped tremendously.  Why NOW?  Coincidence?  Or enticement to keep top IFBB guys from jumping?  ;)  This would show that the PDI, before ever holding one show, has already improved life for the IFBB athletes.  Every IFBB Olympia guy earns $4k now.  Why NOW, when they got nothing before? 

Why now? Because their representative worked hand in hand with the Promoter and the IFBB to get it raised to $4,000, thats why. To suggest it's because of a "federation" that has yet to see life...is a joke.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2006, 09:55:25 PM »
If Target put out a quality product at competitive pricing, you might have a point...

...but when the "competition" puts out a inferior product...
 and no one knows whether the store is ever going to open or  not...
 and the two smaller "stores" that were supposed to open, never did...
 and the "employees" were simply given a job without being qualified in the first place...
 and no information on the "investors" that were supposed to be backing this venture, can be verified...
 and the health care benefits for the workers have been shown to be a fraud...

I can't see where this analogy makes any sense.

There are several educated people on this thread who DO see the WMT/TARGET analogy.  If you cannot see it as Target, see it as a mom & pop mart on the corner, next door to walmart.  

They might only hire 5 kids to work there.  They might have a smaller selection.  But they'll still provide options for customers (fans) and employees (IFBB athletes).  They'll STILL make sure Walmart doesn't charge $10 for a gallon of milk, or pay $5.15 per hour.  By the very nature of their existence, they will provide motivation for Walmart to "stay honest".

Bob, I contend that you do not understand simple economics/free market basics.  or you do, and you are part of the other group who promotes a monopoly for your own personal gain, at the expense of athletes.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2006, 09:57:44 PM »
Pro BBs don't compete for $$$money,they can't be that Stupid.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2006, 09:58:39 PM »
Right...keep telling yourself that...and by all means DON'T address any of the counter-points to your analogy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2006, 09:59:42 PM »
Why now? Because their representative worked hand in hand with the Promoter and the IFBB to get it raised to $4,000, thats why. To suggest it's because of a "federation" that has yet to see life...is a joke.

LOL yes, we know, you're quick to claim credit.  It just seems so strange they chose NOW to give everyone $4k money just to show up.  "King, Lee, Vince, guys, you don't even have to diet - just qualify, show up in sweats, and pick up your $4k check for skipping the O."

Bob, the bottom line is that you are part of the IFBB machine.  You are working very hard to ensure it remains a monopoly.  You're using your position as athletes rep to actually limit their money-making abilities outside of the IFBB.  

Astounding.  When is the next election, Bob?  Or did you get in office and eliminate that little detail?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2006, 10:00:14 PM »

This guy pretty much sums it up....well said.