Author Topic: this is URGENT  (Read 6515 times)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
this is URGENT
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:26:35 AM »
ive been lifting for 6 years. always heavy and intensive.

Last week when i was doing hacksquats i wanted to do 30 reps, but onmy 23rd rep i got this tremendous headache on the abck of my head. it was a strange headache i had to stop and lie down. it felt like a pressure on the whole back of my head. today had it again while training shoulders.

ive been training hard for 6 years now and never had this. what the fuck is wrong with me? did anyone experience this? need some advice. my breathing is good while training. maybe bloodpressure? im drinking 3 coffee a day. im going to the doctor but id like to hear from you guyz.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: this is URGENT
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:30:21 AM »
You have AIDS.

vein-x

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:30:44 AM »

Last week when i was doing hacksquats i wanted to do 30 reps, but onmy 23rd rep i got this tremendous headache on the abck of my head. it was a strange headache i had to stop and lie down. it felt like a pressure on the whole back of my head. today had it again while training shoulders.

ive been training hard for 6 years now and never had this. what the f**k is wrong with me? did anyone experience this? need some advice. my breathing is good while training. maybe bloodpressure? im drinking 3 coffee a day. im going to the doctor but id like to hear from you guyz.

If you JUST upped your coffee to 3 cups a day it could be a blood pressure induced headache. If you've been drinking 3 cups for a long time then I don't know.. the doctor is, as always, the best option.
Jan. 1 - Bulking Begins..

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 08:36:23 AM »
you might've fucked up your breathing. check that for next time. maybe need more water.
Z

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:43:56 AM »
I've had the same happen and it was just a pinched nerve in my upper neck. Hurts like hell though when it happens. Did it come on all at once? Mine felt like a massive headache too,  and happened almost mid rep. I was doing military or behind the neck press when it happened. Same thing happened to a training partner of mine too a few months later. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I wouldn't think its a massive anyeurism or else you'd probably be laying on the gym floor...

If you had/have blurry vision, feel very faint, etc I'd get to a hospital, otherwise go to a Dr if you want, mine went away in a day or two but its better to be safe just in case.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 08:49:23 AM »
could be a burst blood-vessel in yur head.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 08:54:07 AM »
I had something similar.  An extreme headache out of nowhere for no reason on shoulder day I think.  Could hardly walk without feeling the head pain.  It was still there the next day too.  Went away on the third with asprin or something similar.  I never knew the official cause - but it happened a second time about as bad. 

It never came back again - but never really could figure out the cause either.
Motherboy (the band).

irejistirred4deena

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 08:55:20 AM »
I've had it as well, 3 times in the last 7 years or so.  Light training (non compound movements) or no training at all for a couple of weeks and it always went away.  Be careful about holding your breath when training heavy, that's what always triggered it for me.  

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 08:59:19 AM »
ive been training and breathing the same for 6 years, so i couldnt f**k up my breahting just like that for the last 2 trainingsessions at once. yes it happened in the middle of a rep of hacksquads, it was one of my intense sets i did ever for legs. but the problem is i ahd it today while i was on my 9rep of shoulder dumbell presses of 32 kg. so its a little frustrated i had to stop the workout. and ive been drinking 3 cups coffee for the last 5 months. today i drink coffe with 5 gram creatine, i know its a bad combination but i like them both before a workout. and i bought some kind ofVASOLIDATOR stacker Vwith the patentedrevolutionary complex NOX5. itz some kind of testesterone booster (from hermal plant). i bought it 2 months ago and i use it to bost my workout once in a while.

If its a NO product then it will dialate your blood vessels, if it works well enough I suppose you could get a pretty decent headache from it, I've heard this happen before, but if its more of a sudden acute headache I'd still think its a pinched nerve.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 08:59:36 AM »
could be a burst blood-vessel in yur head.

Yep!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 09:02:51 AM »
i doubt its the breathing, my head hurts still right now, not as bad while training. i also smoke 20/30 cig's a day anything to do with that?

hahahahahaaha, healthy life style. go buy a coffin.

it was probably a mini stroke.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:04:50 AM »
It's probably an exertional headache. Totally harmless.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 09:12:40 AM »
the head hurts like on the outside, with a pressure on the squll. if i go heavy again tomorrow i know it will happen again. it really destroys your workout. how long should i rest you think?

Just lay down a few days and smoke some more, you will feel perfectly fine.

Oh and get a health insurance. Medical consultation should not be sought on a internet BB board that is feared for its incompetence.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »
I would just train through it. They hurt like a bitch, but are essentially harmless. I used to get them all the time.

Don't listen to these morons who say it's a broken blood vessel. The brain does not have any peripheral nerve endings. There is no way you could feel pain from a broken blood vessel in your brain.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 09:26:39 AM »
I would just train through it. They hurt like a bitch, but are essentially harmless. I used to get them all the time.

Don't listen to these morons who say it's a broken blood vessel. The brain does not have any peripheral nerve endings. There is no way you could feel pain from a broken blood vessel in your brain.
Like Ray Liotta in Hannibal getting his brain cut out and fried. Makes me wonder, which bodybuilders are strong enough to crush their own head, and who among them has tried and to what success.
T

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »
It may be an exertion headache. I had these a few years back, whenever I took a set anywhere near failure, let's say 10 reps, I would get a pulsating headache about 6 1/2 reps into the set. It was so excruciating, I had to stop training. I went to the good ol' doc, and he advised that I take on anti inflammatory twice a day, and cease training to failure. What the fuck good is training if you can't train anywhere near to failure?   Anyway, the headache lingered for a month, at that time I got a cat scan, and nothing showed up. It was weird, they didn't know wtf it was. I ended up taking two looooooong months of from training and it cleared up on it's own. Really fucking sucked though!
Team Willet
Max-OT

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »

ive been training hard for 6 years now and never had this. what the f**k is wrong with me? did anyone experience this? need some advice. my breathing is good while training. maybe bloodpressure? im drinking 3 coffee a day. im going to the doctor but id like to hear from you guyz.

Get yourself to an emergency department for a CT scan of your head and neck.

I hope (really hope) that you just pinched a nerve in your neck.

But, you should get the fuck to an emergency room to rule out an intercranial bleed or vertebral artery dissection (which are more common in extreme weightlifting than many people realize).

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Hope you're not hemmorhaging.  Is your vision fine?  Still having headaches? 

Could be too late though.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
Maybe it's a tumor..
~

growthfactor

• Getbig III
  • I HATE EVERYTHING!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 10:58:15 AM »

I think this is the LAST place you want to be getting medical advice from would be doctors... everyone has good intentions except for the "AIDS" comment... but seriously, if its a health concern go see the doctor, it could be something minor or it could be something dangerous... don't get advice online... goodluck

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »

I've gotten that shit too, twice in 10 years of lifting. It's extremely painful and you're forced to quit working out. Feels very serious but nothing became of it. I got it from behind the neck presses and I stopped doing the exercise. It takes about 7 - 10 days of time off to heal, at least in my experiences.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 11:48:15 AM »
50% here is good advice, i see other people experience it also so i come to the right place. ofcourse you have to filter some comments but thats all just fun. besides i love this place :D   

if i go to the doctor he ll probably say to jest a while, but atleast he can mesure my bloodpressure. nuthin but a peanut  :-\

I worked on the trauma team during my surgical residency probably for a total of about 1 year and 1/2.

During that time we did have a guy who blew one of his vertebral arts weightlifting....but...h e wasn't hanging around to ask questions on getbig.

If you were able to go and train again a few days later, it couldn't have been that serious.

I.e. If it was a vert dissection (you'd be paralyzed) and if it was an intercranial bleed (you'd be dead).

Well, that said, take it easy for a bit and probably go see your family doc.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
I've had the same thing.

You likely pulled a valsalva manuever....

I was worried I had an aneurysm, but after my MRA...everything was just fine.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »
Dude, listen to ether.  First off, the most common symptom of a SAH (sub-arachnoid hemorrage) is the "worst headache of my life."  Your risk factors, for one you are male.  Two, you smoke over a pack daily....smart.  Then, you are lifting exceedingly heavy and probably valsalva'd during the squat.  It is well known that athletes who valsalva can get their systolic blood pressure up to over 300 systolic (normal is considered 120 or less).  Dude, you may have a serious problem and you don't even know it.  If it is a slow bleed, it may not manifest immediately.  I would follow ether's advice and get my ass to an ER to get a CT scan and likely a lumbar puncture (CT's are not 100 percent sensitive).  Regardless what you do, quit the damn smoking. 

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 12:25:05 PM »
Mariachi, listen to nicorulez, he knows what he's talkin about and i agree 100%

Peace
D