Author Topic: this is URGENT  (Read 6514 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Re: this is URGENT
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 12:48:02 PM »
He's got benign exercise induced headache. I'll bet my left nut on it.

Slick Vic

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »
Wrong board, newbie.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 02:53:21 PM »
First of all El Mariachi, you don't call the ER.  The person you speak with is often a LVN or triage nurse.  If you continue to have headaches or worse (dizziness, blurred vision, etc); don't call the ER.  They are there so people can be evaluated in person.  If you go to the ER and your BP is through the roof or you have neurological symptoms (weakness, nystagmus, visual acuity problems), your ass is getting a scan pronto.  Pulling your neck will not give you the worst headache of your life.  It hurts like hell, but it will not put your butt on the floor.  Also, you would think it would hurt if you palpated a certain area or moved your head side to side or up and down.  If you are unsure, go to the ER.  If you feel better, I would definitely have a buddy or wife watch you to see if you get dizzy or stuperous.  My advice; I can't treat you over the internet, but people have gotten head scans for much less. Peace.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 01:13:02 AM »
I experienced something similar back in November of ’88.  I was super-setting EVERYTHING for months.  While doing pulldowns I “heard” an explosion in the back of my head and had the nastiest headache for 6 days.  Being in the military at the time and on leave, I went to a Navy Dr. in Brooklyn.  I was immediately directed to a neurologist at a civilian hospital on Staten island.  I had a CT or some such “with contrast,” and was diagnosed with having “expanded and bruised a blood vessel” in my brain.

Mariachi, I hope that you experienced something benign that will dissipate lickety-split, but you need to get a professional medical opinion/diagnosis.

I’ve had no recurrence of the event and have lifted far heavier weights, but I also rarely super-set my exercises.

Be well,

Des

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:50 AM »
When I have a medical emergency I always turn to getbig to solve it. 

Some say the ambulance or hospital is an option.  I say post it on gossip and opinions!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 01:48:35 AM »
It's a tumor.... This is going to be you in 5 years :'(

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 01:55:11 AM »
could be a burst blood-vessel in yur head.
if its in your brain you die so its not that ;)

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2006, 05:51:28 AM »
First of all El Mariachi, you don't call the ER.  The person you speak with is often a LVN or triage nurse.  If you continue to have headaches or worse (dizziness, blurred vision, etc); don't call the ER.  They are there so people can be evaluated in person.  If you go to the ER and your BP is through the roof or you have neurological symptoms (weakness, nystagmus, visual acuity problems), your ass is getting a scan pronto.  Pulling your neck will not give you the worst headache of your life.  It hurts like hell, but it will not put your butt on the floor.  Also, you would think it would hurt if you palpated a certain area or moved your head side to side or up and down.  If you are unsure, go to the ER.  If you feel better, I would definitely have a buddy or wife watch you to see if you get dizzy or stuperous.  My advice; I can't treat you over the internet, but people have gotten head scans for much less. Peace.

Nico, dude said he lives in Jugoslavia (which as far as I knew, didn't even exist anymore????).

Anyways, I'm not exactly familiar with the quality of care there, but, I'd be surprised if they had more than 2 CT's for the whole country. But, yeah, where we work people would get scanned if they shit or coughed funny.

That being said, he could at least go to get a Lumpar Puncture (to rule out a bleed).

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2006, 06:06:55 AM »
Damn ether, I thought he was in states. My bad.  BTW, you're a surgeon.  WTF would you do if that chick above walked into your office.  ;D ;D  First analysis, so this really popped up over the last week Ms. LOL

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2006, 12:18:54 PM »
Damn ether, I thought he was in states. My bad.  BTW, you're a surgeon.  WTF would you do if that chick above walked into your office.  ;D ;D  First analysis, so this really popped up over the last week Ms. LOL

Yeah, lol....i'd transfer her to psych to question why the fucc she didn't come in earlier!!