Author Topic: Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans  (Read 6080 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump is a lifetime liberal who supported amnesty on July 26th.  And the base loves him (despite opposite positions on all issues), because he's so angry and loud.  Angry and loud translates well with uneducated people.

In the last few weeks, Americans (and the media) have watched in awe as a New York real estate magnate prone to bellicose behavior and hyperbole has become the GOP's leading candidate for the White House.

But how did this come to be? A lot of it has to do with education.

Trump's support is strongest with Republicans in the Midwest, conservatives across the country who do not have a college degree and (perhaps not surprisingly) those who report the most negative views of immigration and Mexican immigrants in particular, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week.

To be clear, the poll found that 60 percent of all Americans support the idea of offering undocumented immigrants currently in the United States some form of legal status, and 57 percent told pollsters they believe that immigrants strengthen the country. But there are plenty of people who see things differently. And those people appear to be concentrated among whites, Republicans and those with lower levels of education.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 07:15:50 AM »
Perhaps people with a low level of education understand a few fundamental things.....3rd worlders crossing the border will compete with them for jobs and they will compete with them for tax dollars.
L

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 07:26:35 AM »
Perhaps people with a low level of education understand a few fundamental things.....3rd worlders crossing the border will compete with them for jobs and they will compete with them for tax dollars.

Seems pretty basic to me.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:22:22 AM »

+1

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:45:05 AM »
Well clearly if a republican candidate surges it's because of less educated people
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »

But Trump supports allowing these illegal workers to STAY, remember? 

I guess only less-educated voters would choose Trump (who lets the illegals keep stealing jobs) over CRUZ, who will kick their asses out. 

You guys do know that trump wants to let the 11 to 20 million illegals already here STAY, don't you?  He said it July 26th once again.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 09:03:49 AM »
pretty basic macroeconomic concept going on here. everyone ignores it simply because the parties have divided us so deeply that everyone just checks to see what side the Democrats take and what side the Republicans take and toe the line like a fucking lemming.

If you have a country that has a very free, laissez faire economy then the borders do not have to be as tight. those workers are a unit of production that can be utilized and produce more than they cost.  If you have a big government with heavy social programs and welfare programs the borders need to be tighter.  There is a greater cost for each unit of production.  When taxes are higher, restrictions are tighter, people hire less and those units of production start costing more than they produce.  

this is not a good guy bad guy thing like the TV set wants you to think that it is.  "good guy bad guy" is why you watch.  they know this.  politicians like it because it gets them votes.  They know Americans do not care to understand anything deeper than good vs. evil.  No one wants facts.  people want heroes and villains.  we watch too much fucking tv.

this is a fiscal decision.  nothing more nothing less.  you CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.  you want bigger social programs and you want to expand welfare?  Fucking fine.  But then there are things that need to be done if you want to support that position.  

But the American voter is being trained to vote based upon hatred of the other side, not because of something being a fiscally sound decision.  there is no hope for us.  have fun voting at your next bullshit Bush vs. Clinton election.  wear that voter sticker proudly.  

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
But Trump supports allowing these illegal workers to STAY, remember? 

I guess only less-educated voters would choose Trump (who lets the illegals keep stealing jobs) over CRUZ, who will kick their asses out. 

You guys do know that trump wants to let the 11 to 20 million illegals already here STAY, don't you?  He said it July 26th once again.

the cost of kicking them out is greater than the money saved by kicking them out.  PERIOD. 

now you're just being argumentative by claiming that he's flip flopping.  I would agree with that decision.  "OK everyone here can stay but we're going to tighten up the ship and curb the flow of more coming in."

what's wrong with that? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 09:25:30 AM »
Americans hate politicians (as a group) and absolutely love narcissistic blowhards

Trump has spent  most of his time just beating up the other candidates and the public is eating it up and can't wait to see  who he will bash next

It's the WWE of politics

i.e. ENTERTAINMENT

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 09:30:56 AM »
Americans hate politicians (as a group) and absolutely love narcissistic blowhards

Trump has spent  most of his time just beating up the other candidates and the public is eating it up and can't wait to see  who he will bash next

It's the WWE of politics

i.e. ENTERTAINMENT

he won't end up running.  

I couldn't begin to imagine him dealing with the Middle East.  it would be a disaster.

and i disagree that Americans like the loud mouths.  Americans like a candidate that falls perfectly in line with the cookie cutter Democrat and Republican.  The generic "I won't ever really answer a question" candidate.  "I will fall in line like a good little soldier for the left or right".    

anything else makes them uncomfortable.  Which is why nothing will ever change.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 09:43:00 AM »
he won't end up running.  

I couldn't begin to imagine him dealing with the Middle East.  it would be a disaster.

and i disagree that Americans like the loud mouths.  Americans like a candidate that falls perfectly in line with the cookie cutter Democrat and Republican.  The generic "I won't ever really answer a question" candidate.  "I will fall in line like a good little soldier for the left or right".    

anything else makes them uncomfortable.  Which is why nothing will ever change.

I agree he will drop out and probably early on

A certain segment of this country most definitely likes narcissistic blowhards, especially the WWE type people and again, Trump is riding a wave of popularity by bashing politicians....a group the everyone hates

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
the cost of kicking them out is greater than the money saved by kicking them out.  PERIOD.  

now you're just being argumentative by claiming that he's flip flopping.  I would agree with that decision.  "OK everyone here can stay but we're going to tighten up the ship and curb the flow of more coming in."

what's wrong with that?  

the point is that he said mex has sent over their criminals and rapists.  

now he says 'as long as we haven't convicted you of raping anyone, you can stay'.

he's suddenly gotten soft on illegals.   if they are here, they are breaking the law every day already. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:26:49 AM »
the point is that he said mex has sent over their criminals and rapists.  

now he says 'as long as we haven't convicted you of raping anyone, you can stay'.

he's suddenly gotten soft on illegals.   if they are here, they are breaking the law every day already. 

he doesn't give a rats ass either way and I'm sure he's got illegals working somewhere in his empire

he's a business man turned entertainer

you're still confused and think he's actually trying to run for office

James

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
Trump is a lifetime liberal who supported amnesty on July 26th.  And the base loves him (despite opposite positions on all issues), because he's so angry and loud.  Angry and loud translates well with uneducated people.

In the last few weeks, Americans (and the media) have watched in awe as a New York real estate magnate prone to bellicose behavior and hyperbole has become the GOP's leading candidate for the White House.

But how did this come to be? A lot of it has to do with education.

Trump's support is strongest with Republicans in the Midwest, conservatives across the country who do not have a college degree and (perhaps not surprisingly) those who report the most negative views of immigration and Mexican immigrants in particular, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released last week.

To be clear, the poll found that 60 percent of all Americans support the idea of offering undocumented immigrants currently in the United States some form of legal status, and 57 percent told pollsters they believe that immigrants strengthen the country. But there are plenty of people who see things differently. And those people appear to be concentrated among whites, Republicans and those with lower levels of education.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

Less-educated like this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »
he doesn't give a rats ass either way and I'm sure he's got illegals working somewhere in his empire

he's a business man turned entertainer

you're still confused and think he's actually trying to run for office

Cruz wants to deport.   

Trump surprised everyone by saying he'll let the illegals stay.  Trump just joined Jeb, Christie, and the other RINOs.   

Repubs either choose Cruz, or they choose Amnesty.  It's that simple. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »
Cruz wants to deport.   

Trump surprised everyone by saying he'll let the illegals stay.  Trump just joined Jeb, Christie, and the other RINOs.   

Repubs either choose Cruz, or they choose Amnesty.  It's that simple. 

or the do nothing status quo which is even simpler and what is most likely happen

the one thing congress is best at is doing nothing

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
Perhaps people with a low level of education understand a few fundamental things

Miss and Michigan both went to Trump tonight.   He likely has Idaho. 

Hawaii is full of weirdo's, they don't really count.  They let Rubio blowup dolls vote there.