Author Topic: Protein/Fructose - Post workout  (Read 7688 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Protein/Fructose - Post workout
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
Everyone was saying to have some fructose (I think?) post workout, and protein.

Just wondered if you guys still think that's helpful or it was just bullshit? 

How much protein can a person really absorb in one serving without wasting any of it?  How much protein/fructose do you recommend post workout?

???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Protein/Fructose - Post workout
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 06:55:55 PM »
protien fat carb that pretty much covers it bro not much else to consume in this life  :'(
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »
protien fat carb that pretty much covers it bro not much else to consume in this life  :'(

Thanks brother, sometimes my judgement is clouded. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »
I like to eat when I'm hungry and sometimes when I'm not I'll eat too if it tastes really good.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
I like to eat when I'm hungry and sometimes when I'm not I'll eat too if it tastes really good.

Very helpful, thanks!  8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
without added calcium, your protein uptake will be shit.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
without added calcium, your protein uptake will be shit.

I take a calcium/zinc supplement.

I almost drowned a girl in cum the other night...  :-[

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:33 PM »
Keep your abs tight during your post workout meal.

beverast

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »
Won't make a noticeable difference, but fructose replenishes liver and muscle glycogen faster than any other monosaccharide because of priority processing in the liver. Be aware of the fact that fructose does not elicit an insulin response, since the beta cells in the pancreas don't have a receptor for fructose. Without a brutal post workout insulin surge, your workout was a waste. Hope this helps.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 12:38:31 AM »

How much protein can a person really absorb in one serving without wasting any of it?  How much protein/fructose do you recommend post workout?

???
you might have some issues digesting that fructose unless you include some glucose along with it. 30% of people suffer from fructose malabsorbtion , a condition where the fructose-glucose ratio usually needs to be at least 1-1 in order for the fructose to absorb.

that being said, protein content of post workout shake would depend upon protein content of the pre workout meal and post workout meal.  if you ate a good amount of protein a couple hours before the workout, you dont need a post workout protein shake.. just eat some protein again in your next meal. if you hadnt had much protein pre workout then a 20 gram whey protein shake would be a good idea...  40 or 60 grams if your not going to get some solid food in for a while.   

carb intake depends on cutting/bulking goals..     not sure why you want to add fructose.. there are potential benefits.. for example if you are on a low carb diet adding bits of fructose thorughout the day can be very beneficial..  doesnt act like a normal carb.. it might actually reduce blood sugar and insulin, not increase...   and preserve liver glycogen which has a host of positive effects..    but if bulking or just dieting on a regular diet (not carb restricted) than i think a glucose based carb would be better post workout... but then again.. i thnk if your dieting your better off just sticking to a whole food meal instead of shakes anyways..

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »
you might have some issues digesting that fructose unless you include some glucose along with it. 30% of people suffer from fructose malabsorbtion , a condition where the fructose-glucose ratio usually needs to be at least 1-1 in order for the fructose to absorb.

that being said, protein content of post workout shake would depend upon protein content of the pre workout meal and post workout meal.  if you ate a good amount of protein a couple hours before the workout, you dont need a post workout protein shake.. just eat some protein again in your next meal. if you hadnt had much protein pre workout then a 20 gram whey protein shake would be a good idea...  40 or 60 grams if your not going to get some solid food in for a while.   

carb intake depends on cutting/bulking goals..     not sure why you want to add fructose.. there are potential benefits.. for example if you are on a low carb diet adding bits of fructose thorughout the day can be very beneficial..  doesnt act like a normal carb.. it might actually reduce blood sugar and insulin, not increase...   and preserve liver glycogen which has a host of positive effects..    but if bulking or just dieting on a regular diet (not carb restricted) than i think a glucose based carb would be better post workout... but then again.. i thnk if your dieting your better off just sticking to a whole food meal instead of shakes anyways..

Thank you tbombz, very helpful!!!

You are indeed knowledgeable!!!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 01:30:03 AM »
I take a calcium/zinc supplement.

I almost drowned a girl in cum the other night...  :-[
Um okay.   :o

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 01:31:38 AM »
Um okay.   :o

:-[

I wouldn't have made such a vulgar, and disgusting comment had I known a lady was present.

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 01:38:32 AM »
She actually wants further explanation, as do I. What happened exactly?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 01:51:38 AM »
Thank you tbombz, very helpful!!!

You are indeed knowledgeable!!!
your welcome

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »
:-[

I wouldn't have made such a vulgar, and disgusting comment had I known a lady was present.
Come on, I always read and comment in your threads PIP.   ;D  You wanted to make me back up in the thread and re read that.   :D

:P

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2012, 01:54:40 AM »
She actually wants further explanation, as do I. What happened exactly?
Yes Moen I do.  I have read all my penthouse readers stories and need some new material.   :P

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:13 AM »
Won't make a noticeable difference, but fructose replenishes liver and muscle glycogen faster than any other monosaccharide because of priority processing in the liver. Be aware of the fact that fructose does not elicit an insulin response, since the beta cells in the pancreas don't have a receptor for fructose. Without a brutal post workout insulin surge, your workout was a waste. Hope this helps.

Ok Will.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2012, 05:04:59 AM »
Beta cells oh brother

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:36 AM »

???

That depends. How fast is your metabolism? How much mass are you carrying? How long have you been training?

If you want a basic starting point, I'd say to go with 30 grams of protein and 50-60 grams of simple carbs. Don't get bent around the axle, about fructose vs. dextrose or whatever. Same goes for protein; don't obsess about consuming cross-filtered, ion-exchange, hydrolyzed, smack-it-up-flip-it-rub-it-down whey protein (unless you can get it cheap on clearance  ;D ).

I've used those Odwalla Protein Monster smoothies, from time to time, as a post-workout drink. As long as you get the protein and carbs in your system within 45-60 minutes after you finished hitting the iron, you'll be fine.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 07:05:04 AM »
25-30  grams of protein per serving ....of course when youre a teenager you think if you take 75 grams in one serving you'll look like Ronnie Coleman.....but you learn later.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »
25-30  grams of protein per serving ....of course when youre a teenager you think if you take 75 grams in one serving you'll look like Ronnie Coleman.....but you learn later.

You can consume a bit more, as you get bigger and stronger. With that said, I wouldn't go beyond 50 grams per one serving.

Former Mr. Olympia, Franco Columbu, mentioned something like this in a video I posted several weeks back (10:25 - 13:31); the video is nearly an hour long).

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 10:28:08 AM »
Thank you sir, very helpful!!!