Author Topic: Rich Gaspari Picture Request  (Read 6845 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Rich Gaspari Picture Request
« on: April 16, 2006, 02:27:34 PM »
Anybody have the picture where Gaspari raises his hands straight over his head? Its a black and white picture I saw in a weider book. His conditioning was just insane! Thanks.
just push some weight!

Oneboss1Rock

• Getbig II
Re: GASPARI PICTURE REQUEST
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 02:29:34 PM »
hahaha you don't even know how much I used to look at that photograph for motivation, his conditioning was definitely top notch.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »
He looks like Joe Pesci on steroids.
"Shut the F up and train"

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 04:12:08 PM »
He looks like Joe Pesci on steroids.

joe pesci's a roid rager.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 04:16:08 PM »
isn't his supp company doing really good?
Deep Tissue Massage

conflicted

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »
isn't his supp company doing really good?

Everyone knows that bodybuilding is about building muscle, first and foremost. Hence the name - BODYBUILDING. However, most bodybuilders tend to neglect their waist growth. We at Gaspari Nutrition ask: WHY??? Why is the waist singled out as the only muscle that bodybuilders choose not to grow?

Our founder and CEO, Rich Gaspari himself, asked himself this question for years. He never found an answer that satisfied him. So, he set out to become the most completely developed competitive bodybuilder in history. He feels he achieved this look in the mid-late 80's. In fact, Gaspari feels that he deserved to beat Lee Haney every time they competed! Why? Because his waist muscles were ENORMOUS compared to Haney's miniscule midsection! His rationale was simple: he was more complete and had less underdeveloped bodyparts than Haney! Unfortunately for Gaspari, he was way ahead of his time. The judges were simply not ready to reward his type of complete development. A disgruntled Gaspari vowed to show the world that the waist should be developed to it's maximum potential! Thus, Gaspari Nutrition was born...

We at Gaspari  Nutrition take waist-expansion seriously! Most bodybuilders believe that expanding their waists is as simple as eating more calories than you burn. Sure, if you want a protruding belly that is soft to the touch, this method will surely do the trick. Unfortunately, YOU CAN'T FLEX FAT! Remember, bodybuilding is about building muscle! Rock-hard muscle with great definition and awesome vascularity! Gaspari Nutrition believes that the WAIST IS NO EXCEPTION! After years of research, we have developed the most effective line of waist-expanding supplements on the market today!

Introducing the latest product in the ever waist-expanding line of Gaspari Nutrition! Oblique Builder 250! Most people incorrectly assume that expanding the waist is simply a matter is increasing front-to-back thickness. For example, the same type of thickness as displayed in a side chest shot. Of course, front-to-back thickness is important. However, just as crucial in a completely expanded waist is side-to-side width. The only muscle that will give your waist this width expansion are the obliques!

If you take Gaspari Oblique Builder 250 along with the training routine below*, you may achieve one or more of the following:

- 48" will be the smallest pair of jeans you will be able to fit into
- That highly sought-after Gaspari "H" shape
- Judges will have to move back 10 rows (because you will be too wide to see from their normal vantage point)

Just look what Oblique Builder 250 has done for these Gaspari Nutrition users:

6 weeks out:

Contest day:

*Suggested Oblique Builder 250 training routine:

1) Breath Outs (see above pic for proper form)
    -Perform Breath Outs as much as possible, wherever possible:
      (Examples: at work, while shopping, between workout sets, watching tv, moving your bowels, surfing the internet, during sex)

2) Side Bends
    -Holding a 100 lb dumbbell
      (20x100; 10 sets per side, 100 reps per set)

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:26:58 PM »
hahahahaha, awesome!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 08:34:43 PM »
The store I go to to get my supplements (Popeye's) refuses to carry Gaspari products. The manager said they basically don't do any research - all they do is wait for other companies like Muscletech to come out with a product, then they just rip it off and give it a different name.

Brilliant Oblique 250 parody! obviously took a lot of thought and effort. I like Claude though - maybe becuase he's also Canadian. He seems like a decent person and used to have a pretty good physique with superb conditioning. Seeing his gut last night was dissapointing . . .

mad props

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46:00 PM »
 That last picture of Kovacs is just brutal :-X

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Rich Gaspari Picture Request
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 11:50:55 PM »

Actually, Gaspari Nutrition is a line that has increased in sales tremendously over the last 6 months. While they carry cutting edge products, which they have gotten in trouble with (there was an article in the Washington Press a while back), they have made considerable movement in their marketing, and I have quite a number of stores and people asking for their products. Gaspari Nutrition is a rising company.

Now, they also employ Cathly LeFrancois Priest here in California, and let's not forget that Gaspari was the first winner of the Arnold Classic in 1989. He had an amazing physique.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 11:10:41 AM »
Was it a pose like this?

He had his arms higher and displayed his midsection to the fullest effect. With the shadows and the conditioning he had that was quite possibly the most impressive picture in bodybuilding.

ND? BIX? You guys have it?
just push some weight!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:11:52 AM »
nobody had a back like this
ANIMAL

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 11:16:40 AM »
Ripped to shreds with one 15" arm and one 14" arm......brutal symmetry!

MOS

luc

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 11:22:18 AM »
Wide as fuck!LOL

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 01:25:10 PM »
WOW take that all you lazy Doggcrappers! 24 years old and looks like Mr. Olympia!! Just goes to show how hard work pays off!
just push some weight!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 01:33:42 PM »
I remember seeing him on the Tonight Show. He was with Mike Christian I think, I was surprised at how small he appeared to be. He was ripped to shreds though, very impressive conditioning.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »
bump  8)
just push some weight!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
gaspari trained with superhuman intensity,i saw him doing back one day in 1982 in golds gym in milltown,new jersey and he trained like a beast,he was very strong also.he seemed very unapproachable back then,always seemed pissed off
R

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 04:44:19 PM »
Was it one of these?  Gaspari is harder than a priest on a playground!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »
Thanks but no. It looked a lot like the first one. Arms overhead further apart I think and black and white. His abs just looked insane along with his conditioning.
just push some weight!

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 04:48:12 PM »
I'd like to see another 24 year old that looks like this:

Judging from his skin I would say he was shooting up a lot of test:

Gaspari has the same flaw that a lot of pros have today: he simply had too much muscle for his frame.  The guy was around 5'8 right?  I've read anywhere between 5'7-5'9.  Either way if he had simply come in lighter as he did in 1988 he would have looked more streamlined.  He had packed as much muscle on his frame as was comfortable and then some.  He was just too muscular.  I don't see his waist as being the problem.  He was just exploding with mass, almost to the point of looking silly (like a lot of pros today).

Here he is in 1988 where he came in lighter:

I wouldn't want to be 24 with the face of a 30 year old and back acne of a 16 year old.
Motherboy (the band).

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 04:52:48 PM »
Gaspari is smiling in a lot of those pics.

What's so funny about having 14 inch guns when juiced like crazy and contest weight/height @ 225/5'9''?  8)

Laughing in the face of defeat mayhaps?

He had his ass kicked by another Biceps Giant, Lee "Major Gunns" Haney. Those were the days of arm craze fo' sho'!

Monster arms on the world top two.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bob Bonham

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »
If there no Lee Haney (still one of the greatest) Richie would have been Mr. O  3 times.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 06:43:17 PM »
If there no Lee Haney (still one of the greatest) Richie would have been Mr. O  3 times.

Good point Bob.

I guess we owe Haney for preventing such a disaster. 8)

I could see the Weider produced video... *The Secrets to Monster Arms: with 3-time Mr Olympia Rich Gaspari*     

*shudder*

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 07:56:30 PM »
Good point Bob.

I guess we owe Haney for preventing such a disaster. 8)

I could see the Weider produced video... *The Secrets to Monster Arms: with 3-time Mr Olympia Rich Gaspari*     

*shudder*

YIP
Zack

LOL
just push some weight!