Author Topic: Lane Kiffin- New Raiders Head Coach  (Read 1208 times)

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Lane Kiffin- New Raiders Head Coach
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:01:14 AM »
Who is more insane:

(1) Al Davis for offering a head coaching position to a 31 year old offensive coordinator who was passed over for college coaching jobs and is younger than many of the players her will coach on the Raiders; OR

(2) Lane Kiffin for taking possibly the worst coaching job in all of professional sports?

You be the judge . . . .

body88

Re: Lane Kiffin- New Raiders Head Coach
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
When Al Davis passes away, the Raiders will win again.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Lane Kiffin- New Raiders Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »

Heard a good one on the radio last night:

"The Raiders haven't been the same since Monty Kiffin and the Bucs totally deconstructed them in the Super Bowl.  Maybe Al is hoping that Monty's son can put all the pieces back together."

----------------------------------------

Now, of course I don't like the hire (what else is new) and I thought that Ryan was going to get the job.  The (wasted) hiring of Jon Gruden notwithstanding, Al typically prefers either dudes that are going to be stars if he doesn't ruin them first - Gruden, Shanahan - or guys that are totally washed up and who never should've been coaches in the first place - Norv Turner, Callahan, etc. 

Because Al also serves as the team's GM and because his talent evaluation skills are now in the shitter (no one is denying that he USED to be one of the best), though, I just don't feel that the kid is going to have any opportunity to succeed in Oakland.