Author Topic: Chist/Jindal in 2012.... candidacy starts this Sunday  (Read 2217 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Chist/Jindal in 2012.... candidacy starts this Sunday
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:41:56 AM »
Watch Crist and Jindal on Meet the press on sunday...

They'll either tak a BOLD stand for the party - and turn down federal stim funds - definining themselves as the anti-Obama and solidifying their places as the LEADERS of the leaderless republican party....

Or they'll give us excuses why they're taking the cash, even though it's against the tenets of their very party.  You know, "it's wrong, but we need it..."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Chist/Jindal in 2012.... candidacy starts this Sunday
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:21:29 PM »
Crist isn't going to decline the money.

I was hoping McCain picked him for the VP slot.  I would still possibly vote for Crist as VP, but not POTUS.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
Crist isn't going to decline the money.

I was hoping McCain picked him for the VP slot.  I would still possibly vote for Crist as VP, but not POTUS.

I thought Christ was at an Obama event earlier this week or last week and was in support of the $$'s

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »
I thought Christ was at an Obama event earlier this week or last week and was in support of the $$'s

he was.  and he took a LOT of heat from rush and other repub tools for it.

now the dems, including palin, jindal, and crist, are forming a new game plan to try to regain a little dignity.  their party base hates the bill - and they are serious hypocrites for taking the $.

Why?  Because if they really do NEED the money (which I think we all agree they do with crippled state economies), then it's hard to say the bill was a bad idea.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
It would be funny to watch Jindal decline the $$$'s and then watch him get recalled by the voters.

I'd be amazed if any of the Governors turn down the $$$'s

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 04:20:04 PM »
It would be funny to watch Jindal decline the $$$'s and then watch him get recalled by the voters.

I'd be amazed if any of the Governors turn down the $$$'s

me too.  they'll probably just try to win some Rush forgiveness by describging their dire straits.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
I lost all respect for Charlie Crist when he signed a bill to outlaw Salvia Divinorum in Florida:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

He's just another fool who thinks he has the right to control people.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »
I dont know anything about crist, but Jindal is the man. McCain should have picked him as VP.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 04:46:11 PM »
Let's look at Bobby Jindal:

• Opposes same sex marriage
  • Opposes stem cell research
  • Supports banning flag burning
  • SUPPORTS TEACHING OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN IN SCHOOLS
  • Thinks a friend of his was possessed by a demon
  • Opposes legalizing marijuana or any other drug
  • Supports teacher led prayer in public schools

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Bobby_Jindal.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal

Conclusion: Bobby Jindal is a CLASS A DUMBFUCK NUTJOB!!!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
The only things I dont like on that list are prayer in public school and opposing stem cell research.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »
Let's look at Bobby Jindal:

• Opposes same sex marriage
  • Opposes stem cell research
  • Supports banning flag burning
  • SUPPORTS TEACHING OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN IN SCHOOLS
  • Thinks a friend of his was possessed by a demon
  • Opposes legalizing marijuana or any other drug
  • Supports teacher led prayer in public schools

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Bobby_Jindal.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal
Conclusion: Bobby Jindal is a CLASS A DUMBFUCK NUTJOB!!!
everybody should oppose same sex marriage
burning the american flag should be banned
nothing wrong with teaching intelligent design in schools as long as its not in any specific religious context
drugs shouldnt be legalized with the perhaps exception of weed even though that produces a ton of problems legalizing it.
he is wrong on stem cell and teacher led prayer...still good man

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 07:31:44 PM »

Same sex marriage hurts no one. It should be allowed. If you're really bothered by gay people getting married..GET A FUCKING LIFE.

Flag burning hurts no one. It should be allowed. I like the flag as much as anyone else, but it's a piece of fabric!

Intelligent design is religious bullshit that has been refuted by scientists. It should NOT be allowed. NUMEROUS trials have proven that it is religious based and in direct violation of the constitution.

The Drug war is a massive illogical waste of money and manpower. Prohibition was proven to be a failure in the 1930s, and it's still a failure today with drugs. ALL drugs. It's been PROVEN that the drug war is ineffective and harmful. The drug war SPURS crime and creates druglords. NO ONE should be punished for putting a substance of their desire into their own bodies.
ANYONE who throws someone into prison for putting a substance into their body is BELOW HUMAN and doesn't even deserve anything less than being called a Despot.

Just about all of Jindal's positions are B.S. He's a moron.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
The only things I dont like on that list are prayer in public school and opposing stem cell research.

You support Marijuana being illegal? You're a jackass.

You support Intelligent design in school? You're a jackass x 2.

You support the failed and harmful drugwar? You're a jackass x 3

You support banning burning a piece of fabric? You're  jackass x 4

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:11 PM »
The only reason those of you who support legalizing Marijuana do so is because it is so upfront and popular among young people and it's always in the news.

But Marijuana is just 1 among many drugs that are illegal (or will soon be) and are harmless.

Anyone who has thought about the war on drugs, flag burning, gay marriage, stem cell research, intelligent design and has actually RESEARCHED IT, then they will agree about these things.

I'd bet money that anyone who thinks flag burning, gay marriage or stemcell research should be illegal and intelligent design allowed in classrooms and the war on drugs is effective...I'd bet money that these people know close to NOTHING about these things.

I get tired of debating such people...The world is filled with them. They are everywhere and they are the reason for many problems in this world.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »

Same sex marriage hurts no one. It should be allowed. If you're really bothered by gay people getting married..GET A FUCKING LIFE.

Flag burning hurts no one. It should be allowed. I like the flag as much as anyone else, but it's a piece of fabric!

Intelligent design is religious bullshit that has been refuted by scientists. It should NOT be allowed. NUMEROUS trials have proven that it is religious based and in direct violation of the constitution.

The Drug war is a massive illogical waste of money and manpower. Prohibition was proven to be a failure in the 1930s, and it's still a failure today with drugs. ALL drugs. It's been PROVEN that the drug war is ineffective and harmful. The drug war SPURS crime and creates druglords. NO ONE should be punished for putting a substance of their desire into their own bodies.
ANYONE who throws someone into prison for putting a substance into their body is BELOW HUMAN and doesn't even deserve anything less than being called a Despot.

Just about all of Jindal's positions are B.S. He's a moron.
Im not bothered by gay ppl when they arent being drama queen activists...marriage is a religious institution if you want to no longer recognize marriage from the government viewpoint and make everything civil unions fine but no gays should not be allowed to "marry".

Its not the flag its what it represents you can march, gather and protest all you want but you should not burn the US flag plain and simple.

Alot of disputted theories and concepts are taught in public school intelligent design would be fine to teach as long as it wasnt in terms of any specific dogma.

I see your point but you fail to recognize the problems that legalizing illicit drugs would create. Its not as easy as just legalizing them and everybody being happy everything being ok and if you think it is then youre ignorant.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 05:49:38 AM »
Im not bothered by gay ppl when they arent being drama queen activists...marriage is a religious institution if you want to no longer recognize marriage from the government viewpoint and make everything civil unions fine but no gays should not be allowed to "marry".

Its not the flag its what it represents you can march, gather and protest all you want but you should not burn the US flag plain and simple.

Alot of disputted theories and concepts are taught in public school intelligent design would be fine to teach as long as it wasnt in terms of any specific dogma.

I see your point but you fail to recognize the problems that legalizing illicit drugs would create. Its not as easy as just legalizing them and everybody being happy everything being ok and if you think it is then youre ignorant.

Marriage
1. Marriage doesn't have to be a religious institution. PLENTY of secular ministers are ordained and able to give marriages.
2. TONS of gay people are religious.

Flags
1. It should be illegal to do anything that doesn't necessairly harm someone. Burning a fabric hurts no one, and if your feelings are hurt by it then you need to stop being a pansy.
2. Flag burning laws are emotionally based and reactionary. They make no fucking sense. There are TONS of highly symbolic things in this country, are we to prohibit the burning of all of them? Outlaw cross burning? Outlaw star of david burning? Outlaw anything that might offend even a fraction of people? Bullshit!

Intelligent design could ONLY be taught as a social studies topic. I.E. "Kids, This is what some American religious people believe". In Social Studies. NEVER In Science class. Jindal wants it alongside evolution!

I never said that everyone would be happy if drugs were legal. But it's about 'HARM REDUCTION'. I.E. Less harm would be caused if the drug war ended, drug lords vanished, turf wars vanished, etc. than if simply we had a lot more addicts on our hands (which no proof suggests anyway).

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »
Im a jackass because I dont think men should marry men? lol give me a break. I dont care if they have civil unions or anything else- Gays don't bother me, but I dont think they should get married. Thats all. If a man married a chicken, horse, donkey or squrriel, nobody gets hurt either.  No religious reason behind it- I am all for free speech and expression but please spare me your self righteousness. Simple difference of opinion.

As far as pot being legal, is this really an important issue? What are you 13 years old? I don't think drug laws should ever be strictly enforced, half the people in jail for drug offenses should be released and for the most part I could care less who puts what in their body- But if for no other reason, I dont want the government regulating my recreational drugs. The war on drugs is a silly waste of money, but at the same time the wholesale legalization of drugs is not the answer. And pot? lol Give me a break- I'm not going to support or not support a politician because of their stance on marajuana. 

Intelligent design in school is one of those issues that I obviously dont adhere to personally, but I can understand why some parents want their kids taught an alternative theory to evolution. IMO school is about the free exchage of ideas and if our nations public schools want to continue to be slobbering beacons of acceptance for everyones beliefs, then why should intelligent design not be taught if the parents in the locality want it taught?

Flag burning is not reactionary. You claim its burning a piece of fabric, which may be so. However, there are plenty of laws (especially hate crime laws which I think are a joke) that criminalize self expression or by extension criminalize action based on someones thoughts- which last I checked dont hurt anyone. Defacing the Koran or Torah is tearing pages out of a book- yet people have been prosecuted for doing so- Burning a cross is burning a piece of wood, yet doing so is criminalized in some areas and engaging in other symbolic but inflamatory behavior is also against the law. Of course, legally we can debate whether certain kinds of symbolic behavior falls within first amendment protection until the cows come home. My feeling is that if some of the things I just mentioned are worthy of protection, then so is the flag. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 07:37:42 AM »
I'm with tony on most of these.
I strongly support stem cell research.
Recognizing Civil unions is fine.  We should not change the definition of marriage.
We must have drug laws but I would lessen penalties for marijuanna and AAS.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 08:04:39 AM »

Marriage
1. Marriage doesn't have to be a religious institution. PLENTY of secular ministers are ordained and able to give marriages.
2. TONS of gay people are religious
Flags
1. It should be illegal to do anything that doesn't necessairly harm someone. Burning a fabric hurts no one, and if your feelings are hurt by it then you need to stop being a pansy.
2. Flag burning laws are emotionally based and reactionary. They make no fucking sense. There are TONS of highly symbolic things in this country, are we to prohibit the burning of all of them? Outlaw cross burning? Outlaw star of david burning? Outlaw anything that might offend even a fraction of people? Bullshit!
Intelligent design could ONLY be taught as a social studies topic. I.E. "Kids, This is what some American religious people believe". In Social Studies. NEVER In Science class. Jindal wants it alongside evolution!
I never said that everyone would be happy if drugs were legal. But it's about 'HARM REDUCTION'. I.E. Less harm would be caused if the drug war ended, drug lords vanished, turf wars vanished, etc. than if simply we had a lot more addicts on our hands (which no proof suggests anyway).
youre right marriage doesnt have to be religious but for the most part it is simply b/c some gays are religious doesnt mean we should redefine marriage. Again you want to make marriage stricly private and give everybody civil unions then fine but no marriage should not be redefined.

I assume you meant things that dont hurt anybody shouldnt be illegal? Its fuking respect bro, you have ppl fighting for what that flag represents and then you have ppl burning the shit. Burning a cross which i dont agree with or other religious symbols while bad in taste is different from burning a flag that represents what allows those dumb asses to burn that flag. If they dont like freedom and civil liberties then fuking fine lets take theirs away. The same could be said about your scenario how far would you allow those dumb asses to go?

I dont think i was really every taught evolution in high school although maybe i was and just dont remember at any rate an idea that is as prevalent as intelligent design could be taught in science class to me again as long as it wasnt in terms of specific dogma and just to let you know intelligent design isnt just an american thing bro.

The only drugs i can think of that i would be 100% ok with legalizing are steroids, marijuana presents problems in ppl driving under the influence of it, how do you propose law enforcement should regulate that? LOL bro you think you have addicts when its illegal and you wont get addicts when its legal? Fact of the matter is some drugs are highly addictive even marijuana is mentally/emotionally addicitive exposing more ppl to these substances isnt going to create more addicts? defies logic

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »
Im a jackass because I dont think men should marry men? lol give me a break. I dont care if they have civil unions or anything else- Gays don't bother me, but I dont think they should get married. Thats all. If a man married a chicken, horse, donkey or squrriel, nobody gets hurt either.  No religious reason behind it- I am all for free speech and expression but please spare me your self righteousness. Simple difference of opinion.

ABSOLUTELY.

TONS of Gay people are religious and are Christians or Jews and WANT to be married for religious purpose, they interpret the Bible different.

TONS of pastors and ministers support gay marriage or are secular and are willing to marry gay people.

So what's the problem here? Really? What's the problem? Some religious people who aren't even affected by this marriage are offended?
Cry me a river.

As far as pot being legal, is this really an important issue? What are you 13 years old? I don't think drug laws should ever be strictly enforced, half the people in jail for drug offenses should be released and for the most part I could care less who puts what in their body- But if for no other reason, I dont want the government regulating my recreational drugs. The war on drugs is a silly waste of money, but at the same time the wholesale legalization of drugs is not the answer. And pot? lol Give me a break- I'm not going to support or not support a politician because of their stance on marajuana. 

It's a HUGE ISSUE. Why? It gets to the ROOT of political irrationality. Politicians trying to decide what YOU and I can put into our own bodies as consenting adults. NO ONE has the right to decide that and ANY politician who thinks that they do is AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED from being considered for public office.

The government spends BILLIONS on the War on drugs, especially on Marijuana. We've got people in PRISON for marijuana. People's lives are RUINED because of a goddamn plant? This is unacceptable. This is disgusting.

I don't support wholesale legalization of all drugs that exist....But I support legalizing MOST of them.

Intelligent design in school is one of those issues that I obviously dont adhere to personally, but I can understand why some parents want their kids taught an alternative theory to evolution. IMO school is about the free exchage of ideas and if our nations public schools want to continue to be slobbering beacons of acceptance for everyones beliefs, then why should intelligent design not be taught if the parents in the locality want it taught?

It's an issue of what is and what is NOT science. Intelligent design is NOT science, and any reputable scientist can tell you this. It's religiously motivated and this has been proven in court (see Dover).

Intelligent design should be discussed (OBVIOUSLY), But not "taught as an alternative to evolution". It's NOT an alternative to Evolution. It's pseudoscience.

Teaching our kids pseudoscience HURTS them and it hurts our country, our national security, our economy. The less educated our kids are about real science, the less likely America is to prosper in the scientific fields..and thus the economic fields. It's been proven over and over that a nation poor in scientific knowledge will be poor in everything else.

Flag burning is not reactionary. You claim its burning a piece of fabric, which may be so. However, there are plenty of laws (especially hate crime laws which I think are a joke) that criminalize self expression or by extension criminalize action based on someones thoughts- which last I checked dont hurt anyone. Defacing the Koran or Torah is tearing pages out of a book- yet people have been prosecuted for doing so- Burning a cross is burning a piece of wood, yet doing so is criminalized in some areas and engaging in other symbolic but inflamatory behavior is also against the law. Of course, legally we can debate whether certain kinds of symbolic behavior falls within first amendment protection until the cows come home. My feeling is that if some of the things I just mentioned are worthy of protection, then so is the flag. 

I oppose Hate crimes. I think that any violent crime is a crime of hate. Increasing persecution because it was racial or gender based or religious based is BULLSHIT.

Burning the Koran. Should NOT be illegal.

Burning the cross. Should NOT be illegal.

If I want to burn books like the Bible or the Koran or burn the Cross..I've got the right to do that. Unless I'm hurting someone (aside from their hurt feelings) then I have the right to do it. Period.

Britian and Europe is being INFECTED  with these OUTRAGEOUS " anti hate" laws which try to protect fascist and violent religions like Islam, and punish people for even saying that Islam is a violent religion. This is BS.

As is putting someone in jail for denying the holocaust. I know the holocaust happened, and I tend to ignore people who say that it didn't happen. The same reason I ignore people who say that the earth is 6,000 years old.

Like the saying goes:

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
I'm with tony on most of these.
I strongly support stem cell research.
Recognizing Civil unions is fine.  We should not change the definition of marriage.
We must have drug laws but I would lessen penalties for marijuanna and AAS.

Look at it like this...You only want to decriminalize AAS and Marijuana because you KNOW about these drugs.

Do some research on other drugs that are illegal. You will start to see a pattern.

95% of drugs that are illegal are LESS harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco.

Yet MY money and YOUR money in the form of tax dollars is WASTED fighting the use and selling of these drugs. I say legalize them. Let corporations sell them (not gangsters!!!) and tax them. MAKE money out of them, not spend it.

This is really about small govt. conservatism. NOT wanting the government to control our lives (and throw us in Prison and ruin our lives because we smoke a plant). It's about wanting to SPEND LESS. Save money. Tax the substances and use that money for education, science, infrastructure.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »
youre right marriage doesnt have to be religious but for the most part it is simply b/c some gays are religious doesnt mean we should redefine marriage. Again you want to make marriage stricly private and give everybody civil unions then fine but no marriage should not be redefined.

Marriage doesn't need "redefining". There are MANY definitions of it.

In fact..Laws must be CREATED to prohibit Gay marriage.

I'm AGAINST making new laws for stupid reasons. I'm AGAINST keeping laws for stupid reasons.

There should be as few laws as possible. MANY laws on the books only hurt our society and waste money and make things more difficult. I say repeal them. Less Govt. More freedom.

Only keep the laws that are proven to be totally necessary. Banning gay people from getting married is NOT ONE OF THEM.

I assume you meant things that dont hurt anybody shouldnt be illegal? Its fuking respect bro, you have ppl fighting for what that flag represents and then you have ppl burning the shit. Burning a cross which i dont agree with or other religious symbols while bad in taste is different from burning a flag that represents what allows those dumb asses to burn that flag. If they dont like freedom and civil liberties then fuking fine lets take theirs away. The same could be said about your scenario how far would you allow those dumb asses to go?

OH GOD THE IRONY!!!

Americans who died for our country died...FOR OUR COUNTRY. For the people. For the freedoms.
NOT FOR A FUCKING PIECE OF CLOTH. The flag "represents" something, but it isn't that thing. This is magical fairy thinking, to try to associate a symbol of something with that thing itself.
The flag being destroyed doesn't mean we lose freedom, it doesn't mean we lose America. It doesn't mean anything really.

But you SPIT IN THE FACE of people who died for this country by trying to take away freedoms (like burning the flag) that they died for. You say they died for the freedom to burn the flag? Totally right. So why the fuck would you try to take that freedom of expression away just because you disagree with it?

When you see someone burning a flag...You can debate them and demand an explanation. You can IGNORE THEM..But you can not justifiably take their freedoms away because you disagree with them.

I dont think i was really every taught evolution in high school although maybe i was and just dont remember at any rate an idea that is as prevalent as intelligent design could be taught in science class to me again as long as it wasnt in terms of specific dogma and just to let you know intelligent design isnt just an american thing bro.

You're misunderstanding the issue. Intelligent design is BASED on Christianity. It has spread and grown since then, but it's essentially a religious idea.

What's more...It's PSEUDO SCIENCE. It's been proven to be pseudo science and religiously based in court. (Dover trials)

See above explanation of the dangers of teaching pseudo science.

If you want to teach "alternatives" in the public's mind to various scientific ideas..Here are some equally prevalent in public understanding:

Teach Astrology alongside Astronomy.
Teach Homeopathy and Faith healing alongside medicine.
Teach about Psychic powers alongside physics.

The only drugs i can think of that i would be 100% ok with legalizing are steroids, marijuana presents problems in ppl driving under the influence of it, how do you propose law enforcement should regulate that? LOL bro you think you have addicts when its illegal and you wont get addicts when its legal? Fact of the matter is some drugs are highly addictive even marijuana is mentally/emotionally addicitive exposing more ppl to these substances isnt going to create more addicts? defies logic

You only want Steroids legalized because you know about them since you're a bodybuilder. That's the only reason. Educate yourself on other drugs and there are just as many reasons for allowing them as there are for steroids. Look into it.

Marijuana? Same laws as Alcohol. Cops can tell if someone is high on marijuana. Same penalties as drunk driving (currently there are ALREADY penalties for Driving while under influence of marijuana).

Addicts will exist..Legal or illegal. Fact of life.

There will be more people using Marijuana (OBVIOUSLY)

But think of the benefits we get

1. Less tax dollars wasted.
2. More freedoms.
3. GOOD PEOPLE don't get their lives ruined for smoking a fucking plant!!!
4. More revenue due to taxing the drugs.
5. No more Gang wars or Turf wars over drugs (Like existed during Prohibition with the Gangsters). Companies, legit companies, would sell the drugs (or people could grow them) and no more criminal enterprises or gangs could profit.
6. Saving the environment (we spend billions a year polluting south American, and U.S., environments to kill marijuana or Coca crops. We kill many species and valuable farmland in the process, also pollute the environment and water).

Do you even know the #1 profit for most gangs in the world? DRUGS!
Once they are illegal...These gangs would basically vanish. Why? Because legit companies (like tobacco companies) would be selling these drugs. And tobacco companies don't settle disputes with automatic machine guns and mass slayings! Fuck!

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 03:21:43 PM »
"Intelligent design should be discussed (OBVIOUSLY), But not "taught as an alternative to evolution". It's NOT an alternative to Evolution"
-I agree with this.

"The government spends BILLIONS on the War on drugs, especially on Marijuana. We've got people in PRISON for marijuana. People's lives are RUINED because of a goddamn plant? This is unacceptable. This is disgusting"
-Yep

"I oppose Hate crimes. I think that any violent crime is a crime of hate. Increasing persecution because it was racial or gender based or religious based is BULLSHIT".  "Britian and Europe is being INFECTED  with these OUTRAGEOUS " anti hate" laws which try to protect fascist and violent religions like Islam, and punish people for even saying that Islam is a violent religion. This is BS"
-Agree

If they could develop a spot test for marijuana (like they have with the breath alcohol test) then it should be legalized for adults.  AAS is a tough situation.  I am totally against abusing drugs and spend more time telling people they should quit but I just don't see how people that use AAS do anything but hurt themselves and that typically occurs with moderate to heavy use. Perhaps we could find safer anabolics if scientists were allowed to actually research and test steroids.  Instead, the gov allows tons of supplements sold that are mostly a waste of our money.
Most other drugs (in general) are pretty harmful...coke, heroin, chronic narcs, LSD derivatives, ketamines, etc.  I never cared for drugs myself but in no way should we imprison people for drug use alone.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
Forgot, I completely agree with this:

"This is really about small govt. conservatism. NOT wanting the government to control our lives (and throw us in Prison and ruin our lives because we smoke a plant). It's about wanting to SPEND LESS. Save money. Tax the substances and use that money for education, science, infrastructure"

The more government intervenes, the more I am empassioned about limited government.  If that means gays can get married then so be it.  This country is going in a very bad direction with recent decisions that are expanding government.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
Though your name is liberalismo...you seem more like a libertarian, no?