Author Topic: Arnold: I'll take govs' money  (Read 1646 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Arnold: I'll take govs' money
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 11:16:57 AM »
The Federal government can deliver my mail, then it can piss off.

how about maintain the roads and bridges.

how about make sure your water, food and air are not poisoined.

how about make sure your medicine is not crap that's either worthless or going to harm you.

etc..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »
really - what could be more wasteful than the 1.5 billion dollars pissed away on a program that doesn't even work?

It's a proven failure and yet we keep funding it.

Seems completely foolish to me given the current situation

Of course it is foolish, just like continuing the Faith Based office and all the other garbage we pay for.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Of course it is foolish, just like continuing the Faith Based office and all the other garbage we pay for.  

wow for once I'm in "1000%" agreement with you.

I wonder what Bum thinks about that since he's also in agreement with you on wasteful spending

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
You asked me what I am in favor of:

1.   Flat sales tax and repeal income tax.  No deductions, credits, whatever. Put the IRS in its place.  
Dems hate sales taxes because it's applied fairly and evenly. The lower end of society has to pay some in, which they want to avoid.

2.   End the corporate income tax.  
Won't happen. Corporate taxes are soft-targets to libs. Most people support corporate taxes because it doesn't affect them.

3.   Cut the capital gains tax to 10%
Won't happen. Libs see this as 'free money' the rich receive, just like stock dividens and inheritances.

4.   Cut the Estate tax to 10%
See above. Libs say this is 'free money', and belongs to the state.

5.   Cut off welfare to illegal aliens and send home country a bill for the cost.
Massive potential Dem voting block. Gvt doesn't want to piss off Mexico for some reason.

6.   Illegals are deported upon any conviction of a crime.
They usually are. They are also usually back within a week, or the'll skip bail, change names and disappear.

7.   Illegal aliens who use the ER get treated, but sent to ICE for referral.
Libs would say this will create a humanitarian disaster, much like they do when ICE raids packing plants and has to let a bunch of them go because they have illegal kids at home. Of course, they ALL claim to have kids at home, and there is no practical way to know.

8.   Employers get 25,000 fine for hiring illegal aliens.
Disagree. Employers can't really ask their status w/o exposing themselves to discrimination lawsuits. Also, ever heard of 'Mickas', aka fake documents?

9.   Term limits for Congress and Senate
What does this do?

10.  Allow insurance companies to sell health insurance across state lines.
Good idea.

11.  Agressively pursue waste fraud and abuse in medicare, medicaid, and workers comp.
Workers Comp is about akin to food stamps and unemployment in the levels of fraud that exists.

12.  Tort Reform and Class Action lawsuit reform.
Absolutely. If you sue and lose, you pay ALL costs associated.

13.  Repeal Sarbanes Oxley
Whats this?

14.  Ban PACS, Union, Lobbysist, Banks, Corporation, political donations but allow unlimited personal  
      campaign donations with full dislosure.
Sounds good.

15.  Allow people to purchase savings bonds, CDS, in private Social Security accounts that can be passed on to heirs.
Nope, the gvt Ponzi scheme of Social Security would collapse overnight. We could just bail it out though....

16.  Legalize pot and end prosecution of non-violent drug abusers who are arrested for consumption alone.
Excellent idea.

17.  Welfare receipients must work 35 hours a week in order to collect check and undergo drug testing and employment training.
Absolutely. The libs will never allow drug testing, on the grounds of privacy issues. Make those fuckers pick up trash on the highways.

18.  End the US Dept. of Education.
In favor of what?

19.  Drill for oil off the coasts and in ANWR.
Ok if the US consumer gets benefit. I don't really support this because I doubt the consumer will see any difference in gas costs. Regulate the oil industry first.

20.   Build new nuclear power plants.
Enviros fight this to the death even though nuclear is the safest form of energy ever used.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
I am a libertarian by and large.  

I think we should follow the constiution as best possible.  

Charities already get exempt status to spend time on this nonsense.  We dont have to hit the taxpayer twice on this, both through not collecting the taxes that are deducted from individuals, and then spending it through taxpayer monies at the same time.

Its stupid.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 11:32:23 AM »

how about make sure your medicine is not crap that's either worthless or going to harm you.

etc..

Engineers: U.S. infrastructure a 'D'
American Society of Civil Engineers says under-funding has caused the nation's infrastructure to crumble - and stimulus won't do enough.

David Goldman, CNNMoney.com staff writer
January 28, 2009

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The nation's roads, bridges, power grid, water supply, schools and transit systems are all in a state of disrepair due to under-funding - and the proposed stimulus plan will not go far enough to solve the problem, according to a report released Wednesday.

The American Society of Civil Engineers, which represents 146,000 engineers across the country and grades the nation's infrastructure every four years, assigned a "D" grade to the country's infrastructure. The group said the cost to repair crumbling public structures has risen to $2.2 trillion from $1.7 trillion in 2005.

"The nation's infrastructure crisis is endangering our future prosperity," ASCE President Wayne Klotz said at a press conference. "Crumbling infrastructure has a direct impact on our personal and economic health."

The group rated 15 infrastructure categories, none of which received a grader higher than "C+." Drinking water, inland waterways, levees, roads and wastewater facilities all received a "D-," the lowest grades on the 2009 report card.

Roads got a particularly poor grade, as Americans spend an estimated 4.2 billion hours a year stuck in traffic, which costs the economy about $78.2 billion a year, according to ASCE.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
What are they doing with the money they are collecting now?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
Who's reading these long lists posted here? ???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »
You asked me what I am in favor of:

1.   Flat sales tax and repeal income tax.  No deductions, credits, whatever. Put the IRS in its place.  
do you mean a flat income tax?
2.   End the corporate income tax.  
why - we spend federal $$$'s to create an business environment in which they can prosper.  I'm sure there are many countries that don't tax corporations so why aren't they selling their shit in those countries and not here....maybe because those counties have no stable economy, legal environment, etc... yeah I know our economy sucks at present but I'm talking in general
3.   Cut the capital gains tax to 10%
I'd be in favor of some mofication of cap gains tax but it's already pretty low right now as it is
4.   Cut the Estate tax to 10%
I'm not opposed to some modifcation but it goes back to the country creating an environment where people can prosper and there is value in that
5.   Cut off welfare to illegal aliens and send home country a bill for the cost.
how about just enforce the laws we already have in place and put employers in jail who hire illegals
6.   Illegals are deported upon any conviction of a crime.
see above
7.   Illegal aliens who use the ER get treated, but sent to ICE for referral.
see above
8.   Employers get 25,000 fine for hiring illegal aliens.
why that #?  What if they save more than that by hiring illegals.   I say put them in jail and this will stop immediately
9.   Term limits for Congress and Senate
I agree
10.  Allow insurance companies to sell health insurance across state lines.
also full agreement
11.  Agressively pursue waste fraud and abuse in medicare, medicaid, and workers comp.
again I agree
12.  Tort Reform and Class Action lawsuit reform.
agree with some conditions
13.  Repeal Sarbanes Oxley
it could be modified but there should be some requirement for CEO's to be responsible for financial fraud within their company
14.  Ban PACS, Union, Lobbysist, Banks, Corporation, political donations but allow unlimited personal  
      campaign donations with full dislosure.
agree with the first half but not the second - no one should be able to pour unlimited personal $$$'s into our political system even if it's their own money
15.  Allow people to purchase savings bonds, CDS, in private Social Security accounts that can be passed on to heirs.
social security is fine the way it is.  I would say that we should make it illlegal to borrower from the fund.   25% of Bush's budget in 2008 was borrowed from the Social Security Trust Fund.   Reagan started this by raising payroll taxes to intentionally create a surplus which he borrowed to pay for his tax cuts on the wealthly and corporations.  Literally borrowing from the worker and giving it to the wealthy
16.  Legalize pot and end prosecution of non-violent drug abusers who are arrested for consumption alone.
I have mixed feelings on this.  I think it should be decriminalized, highly regulated and taxed accordingly
17.  Welfare receipients must work 35 hours a week in order to collect check and undergo drug testing and employment training.
I'm all for reform and re-education but what do you do if you don't have a job
18.  End the US Dept. of Education.
1000% DISAGREE - if anything we should spend alot more $$$'s on education including undergraduate and graduate school
19.  Drill for oil off the coasts and in ANWR.
disagree but with reservations - I just think it's pointless and will do more harm than good
20.   Build new nuclear power plants.
I'm fine this but we'd be better off also making the development of alternative energy a priority.  If we as a country don't do it some other country will and we'll just be paying them instead.   We should do it to create jobs, and eliminate our dependence on a finite and technologically outdated resource

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 11:54:46 AM »
Engineers: U.S. infrastructure a 'D'
American Society of Civil Engineers says under-funding has caused the nation's infrastructure to crumble - and stimulus won't do enough.

David Goldman, CNNMoney.com staff writer
January 28, 2009

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The nation's roads, bridges, power grid, water supply, schools and transit systems are all in a state of disrepair due to under-funding - and the proposed stimulus plan will not go far enough to solve the problem, according to a report released Wednesday.

The American Society of Civil Engineers, which represents 146,000 engineers across the country and grades the nation's infrastructure every four years, assigned a "D" grade to the country's infrastructure. The group said the cost to repair crumbling public structures has risen to $2.2 trillion from $1.7 trillion in 2005.

"The nation's infrastructure crisis is endangering our future prosperity," ASCE President Wayne Klotz said at a press conference. "Crumbling infrastructure has a direct impact on our personal and economic health."

The group rated 15 infrastructure categories, none of which received a grader higher than "C+." Drinking water, inland waterways, levees, roads and wastewater facilities all received a "D-," the lowest grades on the 2009 report card.

Roads got a particularly poor grade, as Americans spend an estimated 4.2 billion hours a year stuck in traffic, which costs the economy about $78.2 billion a year, according to ASCE.

I can't imagine they are much better at protecting my health.

They suck because starting with Reagan  we have failed to maintain our infrastructure 

The Dems get in and they have dig themselves out of the hole the Repugs have done for them and then it starts all over again.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »

etc..
Precisely.

BD thinks the gov't should just deliver his mail and then get out the way. Unfortunately he is too stupid to realize he couldn't get to work, would have to home school his children, etc. Dude is an Obama Hater and a Grade-A moron. He is rooting for America to fail so he can say, "I was right! I told you so! My favorite crackpot politician from TX should be president!"  ::)
!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
Precisely.

BD thinks the gov't should just deliver his mail and then get out the way. Unfortunately he is too stupid to realize he couldn't get to work, would have to home school his children, etc. Dude is an Obama Hater and a Grade-A moron. He is rooting for America to fail so he can say, "I was right! I told you so! My favorite crackpot politician from TX should be president!"  ::)

I  go that  extra mile just for you.  :)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »
333386, I agree with almost everything you wrote.  Seems common sense to me.
If we didn't waste so much $ on inefficient programs, pork, wars in the middle east and subsidizing illegals, we could designate more money to infrastructure.

I know that the near 18 illegal million immigrants we have in this country are costing a lot more than some people think and a lot more than your going to hear reported in mainstream media for some crazy reason.  Lots of tax revenue missed by not only the illegal worker but also by employers not paying their half.
I have mentioned this already but look at the mess California has been in for years, thats what you get when you expand benefits, have tons of illegals and try to create a nanny state.  There's proof for all of us that this type of system does not work.

By the way did you hear that guy who held the illegals at gunpoint on his own property (before turning them over to the authorities) was charged and convicted?  WTF is happening to this country!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
333386, I agree with almost everything you wrote.  Seems common sense to me.
If we didn't waste so much $ on inefficient programs, pork, wars in the middle east and subsidizing illegals, we could designate more money to infrastructure.

I know that the near 18 illegal million immigrants we have in this country are costing a lot more than some people think and a lot more than your going to hear reported in mainstream media for some crazy reason.  Lots of tax revenue missed by not only the illegal worker but also by employers not paying their half.
I have mentioned this already but look at the mess California has been in for years, thats what you get when you expand benefits, have tons of illegals and try to create a nanny state.  There's proof for all of us that this type of system does not work.

By the way did you hear that guy who held the illegals at gunpoint on his own property (before turning them over to the authorities) was charged and convicted?  WTF is happening to this country!

Both parties lacked the political will to do what it takes to solve illegal immigration.   If they couldn't make money here they wouldn't be here.  Repubs like their cheap labor.  Let's start putting employers in jail and this will stop overnight.   American will do those jobs if they are paid a decent wage.  It could be minimum wage and that would be fine.  People would do it and hopefully would have the incentive to get a better job. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
Both parties lacked the political will to do what it takes to solve illegal immigration.   If they couldn't make money here they wouldn't be here.  Repubs like their cheap labor.  Let's start putting employers in jail and this will stop overnight.   American will do those jobs if they are paid a decent wage.  It could be minimum wage and that would be fine.  People would do it and hopefully would have the incentive to get a better job. 

How does an employer know if an applicant is an illegal?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 09:07:58 PM »
How does an employer know if an applicant is an illegal?
Uhhh...proper paper work? A legit SSN and drivers license, perhaps?
!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
Uhhh...proper paper work? A legit SSN and drivers license, perhaps?

Illegals engauge in wholesale identity fraud and they forge almost all documents.

In California, Arnold wants to give illegals DLs.

How can you check to see if an SSN is legit?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »
Illegals engauge in wholesale identity fraud and they forge almost all documents.

Yes, they make fake documents, but they are not perfect.You check the SSN number to see if is legit. It has to match a name in the Social Security Office. If not, employers should be responsible for paying a severe fine and the illegal should be deported.

*I hope that posts made sense...I'm on a major ambien high right now.  :D
!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
Yes, they make fake documents, but they are not perfect.You check the SSN number to see if is legit. It has to match a name in the Social Security Office. If not, employers should be responsible for paying a severe fine and the illegal should be deported.

*I hope that posts made sense...I'm on a major ambien high right now.  :D

Ummmm, no. My question is how do you check the SSN? If there is a discrepancy, it typically takes the SS office 6-9 months to even send a letter if the name and SSN doesnt match on the W-4.

What is they simple steal a SS card and claim it's theirs?

This happens all the time.

How come VISA can make a hologramed fraud-proof card, and the government of the most advanced nation on earth can only come up with a typed number on cheap paper as identification?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 10:01:55 PM »

SSN is a creation of the US Govt.

surely we can take ownership and guarantee it's "legit"

and if someone willfully cheats then they go to jail

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
SSN is a creation of the US Govt.

surely we can take ownership and guarantee it's "legit"

and if someone willfully cheats then they go to jail

Exactly.
Hereford, these illegals can make impressive forgeries, but they are still obvious forgeries. They get away with using these docs because the employers really don't want to know their workers are illegals. They want the cheap labor. If they do the proper due diligence, they could easily determine from the SS Office that the cards are fake. I think most don't even go as far as a SSN forgery. They just get drivers licenses and maybe a fake passport.

These are the circumstances where the employers should be fined and/or shut down for this shit.
!