Author Topic: ROCKEL WAS ROBBED !!!  (Read 6263 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: ROCKEL WAS ROBBED !!!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 11:31:31 PM »
Well, that is why you need several judges. I prefer shape and proportions after size. Kai looks cut in one bodypart and then not so impressive in another. When you look at the standard poses Rockel clearly is superior.
no,what you are saying is your giving rockel the nod based on potential to do better ::)

bench

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:48 PM »
ya kai's a good poser but i think the routines counts for like 1% of the total...so bascially who cares. posing routine shouldnt win you a show

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »
Rockel is first. The photos confirm that. Kai has a nice build but hasn't got the overall shape that Ronnie has.

The photos confirm that Rockel got smoked....

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 12:03:35 AM »
Ronnie was good i could of had him 2nd place over darrem, but he does not beat Kai

Lets be real here for a min people, yeh ronnie looks good but he was not as Kai, and he posing routine was pretty boring.

Ronnie wins easily from the front. No offense, but you seem to favor the black guys (I know you will say that you are half black, half white so don't even bother). Just an observation; you do have an impressive physique though.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 12:07:05 AM »
ya kai's a good poser but i think the routines counts for like 1% of the total...so bascially who cares. posing routine shouldnt win you a show

Ronnie R's routine was local amateur show quality at best!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 02:10:28 AM »
Ronnie wins easily from the front. No offense, but you seem to favor the black guys (I know you will say that you are half black, half white so don't even bother). Just an observation; you do have an impressive physique though.

lol i seem to favor the bbers that have good phyiques.. And so did the judges tonight,  If there was a white bber today that i though was good it would be Rockel, and Dennis wolfe, but do u see them displaying muscularity like kai, dex, coleman have etc..? NO! why u ask? Genetics, and we all know that black bber fair better in the genetics department vs white bbers..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 02:25:13 AM »
Blacks are usually deficient in calves so genetics count against them there.

Kai looked very good in some poses and then not so big in others. Rockel looked big and good in most poses. That should be sufficient to place ahead of those with lacking parts. His legs were full and lots of detail front and back. The best overall physique in the show. It was close between him and David Henry. Those two weren't compared much. Goes to show how name and reputation mean way too much in these shows. Silvio was ahead of Darrem but the judges weren't ready to place him there. Bring that lineup down to Australia and let the Aussie judges sort them out properly.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 02:29:31 AM »
Blacks are usually deficient in calves so genetics count against them there.

Kai looked very good in some poses and then not so big in others. Rockel looked big and good in most poses. That should be sufficient to place ahead of those with lacking parts. His legs were full and lots of detail front and back. The best overall physique in the show. It was close between him and David Henry. Those two weren't compared much. Goes to show how name and reputation mean way too much in these shows. Silvio was ahead of Darrem but the judges weren't ready to place him there. Bring that lineup down to Australia and let the Aussie judges sort them out properly.

u tellin me Kai has no calves? There our plenty of black bbers that have very good calves, ie Vince taylor, shawn ray, aaron baker, and kai greene!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 02:38:02 AM »
Lets see Rockel match this muscularity

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 02:43:04 AM »
Come on Matt, I qualified that statement. Most of the blacks in the Colorado had weak calves. Kai looks good. What surprises me is how they can give a guy the best presentation when he has trouble flexing most of his muscles at the same time. Why they reward that silly jumping around is just crazy. A little bit of movement might bring some entertainment to the shows but I don't call that great posing. Great posing displays a physique in the best way possible. I saw heaps of flaws in Kai's physique with that routine. Why present yourself not in the best way possible? That is what I don't understand.

From a raw physique comparison point of view Rockel has the superior physique. You can disagree but make your case and present samples that support your choice. Henry is also superior to Green. That is what I saw. Maybe we saw different shows?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 02:44:40 AM »
When Kai flexes a bodypart it is ripped. No question there. However, when he is not flexing those parts they don't look that ripped. Rockel looks good all the time whether he is posing or not.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 03:03:35 AM »
Come on Matt, I qualified that statement. Most of the blacks in the Colorado had weak calves. Kai looks good. What surprises me is how they can give a guy the best presentation when he has trouble flexing most of his muscles at the same time. Why they reward that silly jumping around is just crazy. A little bit of movement might bring some entertainment to the shows but I don't call that great posing. Great posing displays a physique in the best way possible. I saw heaps of flaws in Kai's physique with that routine. Why present yourself not in the best way possible? That is what I don't understand.

From a raw physique comparison point of view Rockel has the superior physique. You can disagree but make your case and present samples that support your choice. Henry is also superior to Green. That is what I saw. Maybe we saw different shows?

his routines are entertaining, and ur always wondering what he's going to do for his next routine.. Guys who come out there like rockel who have great physiques but just pose to slow music is just boring.  I mean people who pose to slow music have to be very good posers and rockel does not fit the plate..

ButtonMan

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2007, 03:09:13 AM »
Better comparison pictures  ......... robbed is putting it mildly

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2007, 03:12:31 AM »
What a fukkin JOKE!!! Rockel should have been in the Top 2 easily........ ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2007, 03:16:12 AM »
I agree that Rockel is a journeyman poser. So what? He still looked the best. On the other hand how is anyone supposed to assess the physique of Green through his posing? It is very difficult. That is why you compare physiques and judge them side by side. The posing counts for nothing per se. If a person makes himself look better through posing then he has a superior physique re competition. We all know this.

In the Colorado Pro several guys could have won this show. When that happens the judging is crucial and it makes all the difference how they go about it and what they are scoring. What we noticed on the broadcast is most of the competitors looked very different from a distance than up close. Some benefited like Silvio from closeups whereas others did not. In the end the placings surprised me although I felt Darrem would be placed higher than perhaps he deserved. The results were not even close with the placings I had 'given'.

When Kai was given the award for the fan choice that surprised me. It just shows what might be in vogue. It would be interesting to see how the fans rated the competitors. I don't care what the judges did because I can make my own mind up.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 03:20:49 AM »
I agree that Rockel is a journeyman poser. So what? He still looked the best. On the other hand how is anyone supposed to assess the physique of Green through his posing? It is very difficult. That is why you compare physiques and judge them side by side. The posing counts for nothing per se. If a person makes himself look better through posing then he has a superior physique re competition. We all know this.

In the Colorado Pro several guys could have won this show. When that happens the judging is crucial and it makes all the difference how they go about it and what they are scoring. What we noticed on the broadcast is most of the competitors looked very different from a distance than up close. Some benefited like Silvio from closeups whereas others did not. In the end the placings surprised me although I felt Darrem would be placed higher than perhaps he deserved. The results were not even close with the placings I had 'given'.

When Kai was given the award for the fan choice that surprised me. It just shows what might be in vogue. It would be interesting to see how the fans rated the competitors. I don't care what the judges did because I can make my own mind up.

u clearly don't understand how bbing shows are judged.. Kai does all the normal manatory poses he has to when in comparisons.. His posing routine is free for him to do what he wants.. And if Kai greene routine sucked so bad then why did he win best poser award..LOL i keep killin u Vince, theres no way around it Kai is a better bber then Rockel..

Holla..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 03:35:24 AM »
No way I need to have my eyes checked!

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 03:37:35 AM »
No way I need to have my eyes checked!

Vince Kai is killin Ronnie in that pic! look how smooth he is compared to Kai,, i would have had Rockel in 2nd..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 03:38:35 AM »
Look, I don't want to devalue Kai Greene's win. Let him enjoy that. Close contests mean many of the top guys have supporters. I doubt anyone got first place votes from all of the judges.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 03:41:18 AM »
Well, Matt, it all depends how you judge contests. It is my opinion that definition counts for too much in modern contests. I give more weight to shape, proportions and aesthetics. Size is paramount, of course. To separate the men by scoring them on definition is not doing them justice.

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 03:51:25 AM »
according to the pictures, Kai is far better than Ronny

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 04:30:14 AM »
Vince Kai is killin Ronnie in that pic! look how smooth he is compared to Kai,, i would have had Rockel in 2nd..
you have no clue what smooth is even though you should because you are the poster child of it!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 04:58:06 AM »
lol i seem to favor the bbers that have good phyiques.. And so did the judges tonight,  If there was a white bber today that i though was good it would be Rockel, and Dennis wolfe, but do u see them displaying muscularity like kai, dex, coleman have etc..? NO! why u ask? Genetics, and we all know that black bber fair better in the genetics department vs white bbers..

I am starting to wonder if your not biased because kai is black.
A

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 05:03:25 AM »
There are no winners in a bodybuilding contest. Or to be more precise, a bodybuilding pageant!

History demonstrates that there is no logic to choosing a winner!

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2007, 05:39:10 AM »
Look at Kai's lower back, glutes, and hamstring seperations.. I don't see that on Ronnie?? Should the softer guy win? If that were that case ronnie would have beat Jay last year cause he was softer then Jay? So yeh case closed..

Lats and hamstrings, yes. Glutes? Who friggin' cares if the glutes are ripped. You shouldn't even be able to see the glutes. BB contests need to stop hinging on who's got the most ripped ass.