Author Topic: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses  (Read 25979 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Anyone believe in Haunted Houses
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »
I would really like someone to investigate the Dybbuk Box, but a curator of  Truman University's museum (who I believe is a medical doctor) has that thing locked up in an undisclosed location because of all the freaky, weird and dangerous shit that went on with that damn wine box.
3 o clock in the morning...
Yes 2:00 - 4:00 am seems when most strange things happen.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2013, 08:59:17 AM »
I've had a weird experience myself but I try not to jump to conclusions.  You've piqued my curiosity about the Dybbuk Box.  Never heard of it.
There was an episode on it, on Paranormal Witness. They go more indepth about it. There was a kid from Truman University (or another college) that apparently bought it on eBay from an owner who had some weird dangerous shit go on. That kid was having weird dangerous shit go on, and then he sold it on eBay to the curator of Truman U's museum...that is the way the show went
Here is a website
http://www.dibbukbox.com/

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »
There was an episode on it, on Paranormal Witness. They go more indepth about it. There was a kid from Truman University (or another college) that apparently bought it on eBay from an owner who had some weird dangerous shit go on. That kid was having weird dangerous shit go on, and then he sold it on eBay to the curator of Truman U's museum...that is the way the show went
Here is a website
http://www.dibbukbox.com/

They shot an episode of that show in my town.  The only episode I've ever watched. 
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »
 Once I moved to this older house a number of years ago. I felt strange after a couple of weeks. I later found out from neighbors that a guy living there before hung himself on the back porch. One night around 2:30 am I here a noise like the back porch door closing and making a sound then I here footsteps, I got my shotgun and went to investigate nothing there then the power goes out on the whole street. Terrified I lit a candle and sat with my gun got through the night. I moved shortly after I felt evil there.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2013, 09:32:02 AM »
Seriously, In a sence, many houses contains some kind of ghost there.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »
Seriously, In a sence, many houses contains some kind of ghost there.
You seen anything strange in your house kyomu?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #106 on: July 12, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »
You seen anything strange in your house kyomu?
Sometime go passing. But they dont harm anyone in my house.
In the other night,one visited us with famous sound of ghost.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2013, 09:37:11 AM »
Once I moved to this older house a number of years ago. I felt strange after a couple of weeks. I later found out from neighbors that a guy living there before hung himself on the back porch. One night around 2:30 am I here a noise like the back porch door closing and making a sound then I here footsteps, I got my shotgun and went to investigate nothing there then the power goes out on the whole street. Terrified I lit a candle and sat with my gun got through the night. I moved shortly after I felt evil there.
houses like that should be burned down and paved over and made into a park or a parking garage...

Just think of what will happen with the World Trade Center memorial.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2013, 09:55:44 AM »
houses like that should be burned down and paved over and made into a park or a parking garage...

Just think of what will happen with the World Trade Center memorial.
I agree th house is still there I see it when going to my hometown. Another strange twist to the that house there were 3 apartments in the house. A pretty girl lived across the hall from me, I never saw her leave the house and thought that was strange. So one day I come back from working out had a tank top on as unlocking my door the girl opens hers and says nice body lets have dinner sometime I say ok let me know. Twist is she had a boyfriend I could here them fucking alot of nights, so one day I get a knock its her she says you want to come over tonight for dinner I say sure. So we we ended up having sex. Now there was a person living upstairs I could them walking but never saw them for 6 months, I got the hell out of there too strange for me.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »
Yes, all the books, TV shows and movies that generate hundreds of millions of dollars...they are all bullshit because Army of one on Getbig doesn't approve.....LOLOL.

Lots of books, movies and TV shows feature unicorns and fairies too, are you going to tell me they are real to?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
Yes 2:00 - 4:00 am seems when most strange things happen.

Because that is when strange things happen in horror movies. Thus, we have programmed ourselves to be scared of the dark. In the same way that children hate going into basements all alone.

All in our heads.
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2013, 09:59:46 AM »

Because that is when strange things happen in horror movies. Thus, we have programmed ourselves to be scared of the dark. In the same way that children hate going into basements all alone.

All in our heads.
Maybe so who knows?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2013, 10:01:01 AM »

All in our heads.
i've never seen a horror a horror flick that said that 3am is when shit starts happening.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
i've never seen a horror a horror flick that said that 3am is when shit starts happening.

Good trolling post.

Paranormal activity (the movie) happened from 12 midnight to morning time.

Horror movies tend to happen at night, whether thats 1am, 12am, or 3am. It has more to do with the fact that its night-time, as opposed to a specific hour.

Second, show me the evidence that weird stuff happens between 3am-4am.

Oh, you can't.

So please shut up and stop trolling.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:06 AM »
Maybe so who knows?

Its the same reason that aliens are small and green with big heads. All perpetuated by the movies and media.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »
That jewish box shit is beyond creepy no way id have that shit in my house.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
Not saying it is haunted, not saying that it isn't, but touring Treblinka 1 & 2 you have the feeling some kind of weight just riding your shoulders.  Not a mental/emotional weight either but like someone has just straddled you with a back pack.   Birds do not even fly over this camp.  They fly around it, circling the perimeter.  Will not fly over it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »
Not saying it is haunted, not saying that it isn't, but touring Treblinka 1 & 2 you have the feeling some kind of weight just riding your shoulders.  Not a mental/emotional weight either but like someone has just straddled you with a back pack.   Birds do not even fly over this camp.  They fly around it, circling the perimeter.  Will not fly over it.

Its all psychological. You have heard it is haunted, therefore you "feel" a presence.

They took 2 groups of people. Group 1 they brought to a house and told them it was haunted. They brought group 2 to a house and did not tell them anything. Neither house was ever suspected of being haunted.

Afterward they interviewed the people, and ppl in group 1 stated that they heard noises, felt a presence, felt a chill in their air, and reported an overall heavy feeling. Group 2 did not report anything.

Group 1 only felt that stuff because they were told it was suspected of being haunted.
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

Its all psychological. You have heard it is haunted, therefore you "feel" a presence.

They took 2 groups of people. Group 1 they brought to a house and told them it was haunted. They brought group 2 to a house and did not tell them anything. Neither house was ever suspected of being haunted.

Afterward they interviewed the people, and ppl in group 1 stated that they heard noises, felt a presence, felt a chill in their air, and reported an overall heavy feeling. Group 2 did not report anything.

Group 1 only felt that stuff because they were told it was suspected of being haunted.

too logical, I'm not buying it

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
too logical, I'm not buying it

Are you being sarcastic?  :-X :-\ ???
X

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »

Are you being sarcastic?  :-X :-\ ???

He is.  I agree with your comment as well.
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
He is.  I agree with your comment as well.

Oh, okay. ha lol. You never know on GB :) :D
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »

True.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »

You sure don't.
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2013, 11:49:06 AM »
The error in many paranormalists' reasoning is to falsely suppose that a certain exclusive disjunction holds: either a ready-made scientific explanation is on hand for a supposedly paranormal event, or the paranormal explanation must be correct. So, if there isn't an immediate explanation on hand, it must be that ghosts exist, that that strange feeling is an ethereal aura of some sort, that the creaking is grandma coming up the steps because she doesn't know she's dead.

The problem is that the disjunction happens to be false: nothing whatever about grandma or ghosts follows from there not being a scientific explanation on hand for a given event*; secondly, there are pretty good scientific explanations on hand anyway (viz., those that explain such events in terms of the psychology of the witnesses); and thirdly, there's no reason to suppose that in cases with no current explanation, there won't be a viable one from a future iteration of science (e.g., maybe creepy auras are the result of streams of an as-of-yet undiscovered particle exciting certain parts of peoples' brain once they enter given areas, rather like radiated zones do the same).

*The religious hold a similarly silly disjunction where the non-science related disjunct is simply "GOD!!", "GOD did it," or some such. As such, they are similarly...ahem..."misguided."