Author Topic: Ebola - Scary stuff - NYC - Atlanta  (Read 17596 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: The Ebola patient in Atlanta is improving
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
Great, he's doing better. Thanks a lot for bringing Ebola to the US, asshole. This liberal moron went to Africa to help the poor black people. He could have just volunteered his services in Detroit and helped black Americans there without the risk of contracting (and spreading) Ebola. When will liberals learn?

Not at all the situation.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »
Not at all the situation.

What the fuck does this mean?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
What the fuck does this mean?
You act as though he recklessly contaminated himself and recklessly came back to the US. 

This man was making medical progress with ebola and unfortunately became sick.  The risk of the spread of ebola in the US is extremely slim given our vastly superior medicine.

Get this man on path to recovery and hopefully what's been learned will help neutralize it elsewhere.  Man has a big ole heart and wants to serve others and further medical science.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
You act as though he recklessly contaminated himself and recklessly came back to the US.  

This man was making medical progress with ebola and unfortunately became sick.  The risk of the spread of ebola in the US is extremely slim given our vastly superior medicine.

Get this man on path to recovery and hopefully what's been learned will help neutralize it elsewhere.  Man has a big ole heart and wants to serve others and further medical science.

Spread of Ebola is NOT "slim" here. It doesn't know cultural or economic borders. This dude was NOT making "medical progress" with Ebola, he was merely treating symptoms. He didn't "learn" shit that wasn't already known. There is currently NO treatment for Ebola. Why this nigg@ bringing a disease that can't be treated back to the US?

No drug has been approved to treat either virus. People diagnosed with Ebola or Marburg virus receive supportive care and treatment for complications. Scientists are coming closer to developing vaccines for these deadly diseases.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2014, 08:09:36 PM »
Interesting that the poster reads that it kills between 25 and 90% of those infected. That's a huge range. -Wonder what determines whether a person lives or dies from the virus.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »
He'll be fine. Dude will be posting go getbig by the end of the week.
a

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
-Wonder what determines whether a person lives or dies from the virus.

Their getbig post count.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »
Their getbig post count.

As it should sir, as it should.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2014, 08:14:20 PM »
Their getbig post count.

-Probably right. If this place doesn't kill you, nothing will.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »
The Ebola virus

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
Spread of Ebola is NOT "slim" here. It doesn't know cultural or economic borders. This dude was NOT making "medical progress" with Ebola, he was merely treating symptoms. He didn't "learn" shit that wasn't already known. There is currently NO treatment for Ebola. Why this nigg@ bringing a disease that can't be treated back to the US?

What a tremendous servant's heart you have.

He's risking his life to help others and now he may lose his and you're critical LOL.

People do survive Ebola and they brought him home under controlled circumstances to treat him with superior care, tech and medicine.

His efforts may not ever prevent Ebola but he's trying.   I get the impression that sentiment doesn't mean much.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2014, 09:29:26 PM »

WTF you talkin' about, Willis?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »

Don't waste your time :-\

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2014, 09:38:04 PM »
Can't say I'm too into infected persons knowingly entering North America, as well, to be honest. This doc knew what he was getting into when he went over there. When he became infected, he should have done the noble thing and STAYED THE FUCK OUTTA THE USA.

Ebola is a horrifc virus and I feel for those who die from it, but really, where's the responsibility here towards the greater good?

MikMaq

« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
I don't get it, isn't there a massive potential that this could be a major event. Like nine eleven times eleven.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2014, 10:13:28 PM »
My wife and I are of differing opinions here. She thinks like some of you, that the two medical folks recently infected with Ebola, should have been treated where they were and not moved back to the U.S. I suspect there is better medical treatment here and I believe CDC has taken every precaution to avoid any possible spread of this horrific virus. I also think there is a lot of fear going on with this issue....probably rightly so.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:26 PM »
Thanks a lot for bringing Ebola to the US, asshole.

Don't worry, it's safely contained and your lifestyle is about to change unless you decide to break into his hospital room and get your protein straight from the tap.

He could have just volunteered his services in Detroit and helped black Americans there without the risk of contracting (and spreading) Ebola.

Sure he could have. He can choose to volunteer his services to whomever the fuck he wants to volunteer his services to and his choice is none of your fucking business. As for his risk of "spreading Ebola" you should know better than to venture your unsolicited opinion especially on topics where the extent of your knowledge is what your heard from Sanjay Gupta CNN.

Spread of Ebola is NOT "slim" here.

It is.

It doesn't know cultural or economic borders.

That's not what "slim" means in this context, but thanks for playing.

This dude was NOT making "medical progress" with Ebola, he was merely treating symptoms.

Right, and?

He didn't "learn" shit that wasn't already known.

You aren't in a position to evaluate what he might or might not have learned and what is and isn't known. Again, watching Sanjay Gupta doesn't make you an expert in infectious diseases.

There is currently NO treatment for Ebola.

There's no cure for the common cold either. What's your point?

Why this nigg@ bringing a disease that can't be treated back to the US?

::)

Can't say I'm too into infected persons knowingly entering North America, as well, to be honest.

And... ?

This doc knew what he was getting into when he went over there. When he became infected, he should have done the noble thing and STAYED THE FUCK OUTTA THE USA.

You seem confused. You do realize that he didn't just come back, and go to Manhattan or San Francisco or some other metropolis and start spraying passers-by with his bodily fluids to infect them, right?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2014, 10:36:36 PM »
Your attempts at dissecting my comments are appreciated, "avxo", but your arguments are juvenile. Try making actual points based on facts. Thanks for playing just the same. Good luck with your future posts.  ;D

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2014, 10:41:10 PM »
Your attempts at dissecting my comments are appreciated, "avxo", but your arguments are juvenile. Try making an actual point based on facts. Thanks for playing just the same. Good luck with your future posts.  ;D

I did make a number of actual points, including pointing out that the chances of an Ebola outbreak in the United States with this guy as Patient Zero are basically nil, that your statements about Ebola are based on statements you heard from a guy playing a doctor on TV, that you have no medical training and, therefore, your opinion on medical topics is worth shit.

Oh and thanks.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
Nobody is in contact with the Ebola patient.... He is alone in a room. His only communication is through a intercom system. Food is being passed to him through a window.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2014, 10:51:39 PM »
The second patient with Ebola scheduled to return to the U.S. on Tuesday.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:01 PM »
I did make a number of actual points, including pointing out that the chances of an Ebola outbreak in the United States with this guy as Patient Zero are basically nil, that your statements about Ebola are based on statements you heard from a guy playing a doctor on TV, that you have no medical training and, therefore, your opinion on medical topics is worth shit.

Oh and thanks.

You're funny. What did you have in mind, Quincy MD or something along those lines? I have over 20 years experience in medicine. Every outbreak starts with a Patient Zero, whether it's AIDS or Ebola.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »
You're funny. What did you have in mind, Quincy MD or something along those lines? I have over 20 years experience in medicine.

Again, watching TV or living by a hospital don't count.

Every outbreak starts with a Patient Zero, whether it's AIDS or Ebola.

Sure. But again, the probability that this guy will be Patient Zero in a U.S. outbreak of Ebola is nil.

MikMaq

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
Again, watching TV or living by a hospital don't count.

Sure. But again, the probability that this guy will be Patient Zero in a U.S. outbreak of Ebola is nil.
Its far higher than nil. and 0.0001 is intolerable.