Author Topic: Tilapia: Your thoughts on this CONTROVERSIAL fish  (Read 9339 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: Tilapia: Your thoughts on this CONTROVERSIAL fish
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2018, 06:07:10 PM »
Can’t remember the last time I had fish. I think it was in an all you can eat buffet up in Saratoga.

If you go to a low-end salad bar you often see tilapia. The high-end places will primarily have salmon. Given a choice between the two, would anybody go with the former? The only reason to do so is financial. I don’t bargain hunt when it comes to food.

I read your post after I came back from lunch at like 2, so I had to wait until I went on a break at around 430 to get some stealth pictures of the salad bar next door to my office. This place is huge and has been rated one of the best salad bar/ buffets in nyc by New York magazine. They put out a full sushi spread for lunch, have two hot bars, two cold bars and  coffee, sushi, pastry, stations. They restock everything until about 8  at night, whereas most other places like this start selling things for half price after 3 or 4. I'm saying all of this to say that this is a place that's considered above average quality (I'm not sure my pictures give a good idea of what it's like, so the last 3 pics are from their website). They were actually restocking for the dinner rush when I took these pics. You see a tray of salmon that hasn't been refilled yet, and a tray of tilapia that had just been refilled a few minutes before I took the picture. I go to this place about 3 times a week because it's so close. They have both of those options everyday. The people who choose tilapia, can choose the salmon or one of the several kinds of shrimp or the sushi or the pork belly or the ribs or whatever else. They put out about 100 items a day  and whatever you get it's $9.99/lb, so the people who are choosing the tilapia clearly are not choosing it to save money. I don't know if you are trying to sound like a baller or something, but if you're someone who frequents all-can-eat buffets, then it's pretty clear that you do bargain hunt for food, to some degree. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with  taking price into consideration when it comes to what you eat. I've worked with multimillionaires who will choose a place for lunch based partially on price. I have friends who are in the millionaire club who brag about how much they save shopping at fairway and tj's. There was a 99 cent fresh around the corner from a place  I worked not too long ago and one of the guys I worked with (who cleared at least $300k/yr) would send his assistant out everyday to get two slices. Pretty much all of the men in the office ate there regularly, regardless of income.  This post is already psychotically long, so I wont go into the illusory science of pricing  or the perception of value, but suffice it to say, I don't consider watching your wallet anything to be ashamed of.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
So, I just gotta few pics of the dishes the yserved and didn't realize you can't really tell what kind of place it is until I was about to post these, so here's some shots from their website. It's obviously not a low-end, broke dick joint:

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »

Okay.

I'll give him a pass.

They need to dramatize it a lot for television.

I will let them know. They should be relieved.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2018, 01:35:48 AM »
lay off the stimulants, al, for your own health

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2018, 04:36:30 AM »

I suspect he’s too far gone. Poor guy :'(

Another thing that is annoying about fish is those fucking needles that can get caught in your throat. You don’t have that with chicken or beef.

In hindsight, the 70s bodybuilders had it right about everything, food, training and drugs.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2018, 06:10:54 AM »
NYC doesn't have Cracker Barrel, I was told...too bad for you Al...

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »

Certainly. Next thing you know, I'll be injuring myself counting to ten and then writing fake news articles about my convoluted plan to receive free tilapia in college.  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2018, 08:15:35 AM »

Another thing that is annoying about fish is those fucking needles that can get caught in your throat. You don’t have that with chicken or beef.

You mean one thing, right? Because you've literally been wrong about everything else.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »
You mean one thing, right? Because you've literally been wrong about everything else.

The biggest thing I’ve been wrong about is getting involved in one of your obsessive compulsive threads.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2018, 08:30:48 AM »
The biggest thing I’ve been wrong about is getting involved in one of your obsessive compulsive threads.

Which I advised you to stop posting in at least twice?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »
the right half of your brain is begging for some exercise... try giving the left half a vacation