Author Topic: RIP - Vince Comerford  (Read 27053 times)

chimera

• Getbig II
Re: RIP Vince Comerford
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »
Sad news, RIP

for Vince's last interview (vid posted page one) - http://www.ironaffinity.com/mike-v-bodybuilding-vince-comerford/

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
Comerford's last pro show (start at 37:00)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tg_PZ47OpkY

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:53 PM »
Guy has been on gear for decades. He took a lot of risk and lost. So be it.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
RIP VINCE.

Sad news.

I don't understand why all the hate & bad mouthing him,
People die every day of many different things.

And as has been said before many die at a very young age
for no obvious reason, they don't drink,smoke,take drugs
they keep their bodyweight in check yet still die young.

Less hate, more love & understanding.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
RIP VINCE.

Sad news.

I don't understand why all the hate & bad mouthing him,
People die every day of many different things.

And as has been said before many die at a very young age
for no obvious reason, they don't drink,smoke,take drugs
they keep their bodyweight in check yet still die young.

Less hate, more love & understanding.

Surely you jest?

Throughout their drug riddled lifetime, people such as this man continually speak of how "healthy" they are, how they don't "take drugs" to achieve their bodies but rather though healthful living, i.e. "eating clean", working out and doing cardio to keep it all skin tight.

Nonsense.  they take drugs in excess (because they're too lazy to work for what they could achieve instead of doping for what they desire) and apparently many are now paying the price with their lives.  What is "sad" is that they were stupid enough to do this to themselves.

Not to worry though for this fellow as he "found Jesus".   Probably behind the counter at a Farmacia Vida in TJ.

It's not "hate", it's disgust for what they were.   And unlike their pathetic lives and the lies they told, it's the truth.  But then I suspect you already knew that.  It's one thing to "be nice" and quite another to suck up to a dead person so that people somehow "think" you're a really nice sensitive person. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 05:11:20 PM »
Surely you jest?

Throughout their drug riddled lifetime, people such as this man continually speak of how "healthy" they are, how they don't "take drugs" to achieve their bodies but rather though healthful living, i.e. "eating clean", working out and doing cardio to keep it all skin tight.

Nonsense.  they take drugs in excess (because they're too lazy to work for what they could achieve instead of doping for what they desire) and apparently many are now paying the price with their lives.  What is "sad" is that they were stupid enough to do this to themselves.

Not to worry though for this fellow as he "found Jesus".   Probably behind the counter at a Farmacia Vida in TJ.

It's not "hate", it's disgust for what they were.   And unlike their pathetic lives and the lies they told, it's the truth.  But then I suspect you already knew that.  It's one thing to "be nice" and quite another to suck up to a dead person so that people somehow "think" you're a really nice sensitive person. 
[/quote]

No i don't jest.

It is sad news. 

Thousands if not millions of athletes in most sports at at all levels
have taken plenty of performance enhancing drugs and the vast
majority when interviewed would lie and claim they did not use.

It says more about the average person and the rubbish information
they are fed and believe to be true, in regards to human sporting
performance & achievement.
Rather than face the truth as to what goes on in sports.

As for drug taking, we live in a drug filled society from alcohol / caffeine
to all the various drugs for every aliment and more.

show me one totally drug free athlete, they don't exist.
Drugs are part and parcel of every day life and have been for a very long time.

you must have disgust for life then.
Or you have never taken a drug of any sort, that i doubt very much.

Try less hate, yo

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 05:19:04 PM »
Ha, i hit the send button to soon, tired & time for bed.
it should say.

Try less hate, you may just enjoy what little time we have on this planet.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
I hope this guy got to drop a load on booty's chest at least once before he died.
O

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »
Surely you jest?

No i don't jest.

It is sad news. 

Try less hate, yo

You know exactly whereof I speak and yet you run around the truth of it like an addict trying to justify their fix.  Disgusting.  Not "hate".  Screw that pussified word, I am disgusted with drug addicts be they heroin or AAS.  Alcohol or over the counter pain killers.  I would tell them to grow a pair but any pair they once had are now shriveled beyond recovery.  Oh...Wait!  They can just take HCG to jumpstart their testis! 

Pussies.

Look, if you don't have the testosterone necessary to build yourself adequately then by all means take up tiddly winks or in the case of a genuine lack of hormones, seek out HRT from a reputable doctor.   

Yo.  ;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
Ha, i hit the send button to soon, tired & time for bed.
it should say.

Try less hate, you may just enjoy what little time we have on this planet.

Have a good evening then, sir. Enjoyed the repartee.   ;D

Be well.

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
PIP brother

He died for us bitches

Another one bites da dust

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2014, 06:13:57 PM »
shows that PED's and cocaine don't end well.

some of the European getbiggers should take note.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »
  Vince admitted to heavy narcotic addiction during his competitive career.. Heavy drug addiction, heavy lifting and gear use is a bad recipe for the heart.... He was still fighting demons .. But vince was a great guy.. Just had issues like many.. But he would give ya the shirt off his back..

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Surely you jest?

No i don't jest.

It is sad news. 

Try less hate, yo

Ha, you said athletes.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
I think you're correct.  The guys in the 70s didn't know what to expect and so rested their bodies from that stuff.  It wasn't the "finishing touch" so often touted but neither was it used all the freaking time.  they wanted to live longer than the next show.  Arnold and Zane are two O winners that come to mind that are still with us and looking pretty good not only for their age.

As to this fellow, I tried to read the linked article but merely scanned it and found that he claimed to be born again.  If full of drugs at the time of his death, I seriously doubt his claims to salvation.  Regardless I am sorry for the loss to his family.  It sucks that our egos sometimes get in the way of our lives by shortening them.

Samir, Franco, and Dickerson are still up and running just fine....so far. Other oldtimers Draper and Pearl still ticking. I am missing quite a few. These men all chilled after competition with maybe minimal HRT.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: RIP - Vince Comerford
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2014, 11:07:35 AM »
Seems that Hardcore Bodybuilding and Aging don't fit together as well as one might think/wish ~  :-[

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2014, 12:27:43 PM »
If you read the interview he OD'd and flatlined after a 5 day cocaine binge back in 1993.

Yes steroids made his heart grow but let's not forget the junkie aspect.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »
He looked incredible at 52.  But with a history of heart trouble, at a height of 5 '2 or 5'3... he looks to be carrying a TON of weight.  Most dudes hit 50, have a health issue, and begin getting skinny, walking for an hour a night and giving up meat and caffeine.  

I can't hate, however.  Dude lived how he wanted to live, and looked how he wanted to look.  For 40+ years, Comerford looked like superman in every room he entered.  He enjoyed a level of props, praise, and goodness knows how much female attention - cause he carried so much muscle.  Dudes die at 52 all the time, and they are skinnyfat that nobody notices.  Dude lived how he wanted to live - I give him props for that.  

Deffo. Women all over get wet at the sight of a little midget with massive drug abuse and personal issues. He's the type that would've hated a 6ft dude on sight without speaking a word to the guy ... and go and proceed to up the dose even more to 'show everyone' out there  ::)

Haha. Why is it that this cult never lets you down in consistently producing the mentally insane and pathologically insecure?  :D

It's like watching a circus where the clowns end up killing themselves trying to outdo the other clowns!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
He does look and sound like an old junkie in the video someone posted above where he's being interviewed by the two gay dudes.

I couldn't even watch the vid due to the two annoying fags.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
I couldn't even watch the vid due to the two annoying fags.

Two excellent ambassadors for the "sport" talking to an "naturally" gifted "athelete"....

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2014, 08:21:41 AM »
Samir, Franco, and Dickerson are still up and running just fine....so far. Other oldtimers Draper and Pearl still ticking. I am missing quite a few. These men all chilled after competition with maybe minimal HRT.

Yup.  They were rightly concerned with their health.  I recall Robby Robinson trying to be the "first" bodybuilder to in shape all year 'round and then reading about his "congenital" heart problems affecting him on a plane (this was in Muscle Builder/Power in the mid to late 70s).   

Too much is just that - too much.  I am glad he ultimately backed off and is still with us today.  These days with these guys that suffer from some sort of mental/physical/psychological Napoleonic complex that causes them to need to be stupid huge (no matter their height).  Pathetic.  As a friend once said, the biggest thing on these guys is their ego. It's the size of the Titanic and we all know how that one ended.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
Yup.  They were rightly concerned with their health.  I recall Robby Robinson trying to be the "first" bodybuilder to in shape all year 'round and then reading about his "congenital" heart problems affecting him on a plane (this was in Muscle Builder/Power in the mid to late 70s).   

Too much is just that - too much.  I am glad he ultimately backed off and is still with us today.  These days with these guys that suffer from some sort of mental/physical/psychological Napoleonic complex that causes them to need to be stupid huge (no matter their height).  Pathetic.  As a friend once said, the biggest thing on these guys is their ego. It's the size of the Titanic and we all know how that one ended.

Unfortunately Robbie suffers from other character defects. Lies about his use of drugs. No he doesn't say he's natural but if you've read his comments on his own drug history you know what I mean.

And there have been many people who accuse him of being a thief. Even bodybuilding magazines. Guys on this forum etc.

Robbie might be alive through sheer luck, not because he used less or is natural today (he isn't).

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 08:39:36 AM »
Unfortunately Robbie suffers from other character defects. Lies about his use of drugs. No he doesn't say he's natural but if you've read his comments on his own drug history you know what I mean.

And there have been many people who accuse him of being a thief. Even bodybuilding magazines. Guys on this forum etc.

Robbie might be alive through sheer luck, not because he used less or is natural today (he isn't).

I have heard of those character defects and hope that if true, they are behind him.  And yes, it might be luck that he's with us and I too doubt he is even close (i.e., HRT level) to natural today.   ;D

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
The guy was a meth head... hardcore addict. 

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Yup. Milo's said I was full of shit.

Milos has spoken his mind many times...

only to have it bite him in the ass later.

He thinks he is superior. Granted, he knows quite a lot from his own experiences, but he needs to keep in mind that his own experiences have nearly killed him a few times.