Author Topic: Possible future recruits for the SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 22714 times)

Alex23

Re: Possible future recruits for the SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »
Heckler, believe it or not, I actually agree with you here. BTW, no offense to JM - I'm not referring to that, which is why I left it out of the quote. This thread has been an eye-opener of sorts. 'Of sorts' because I had the same thought myself sometime ago, but thought it would be a treacherous proposition, which is why I never acted upon it.

I'll be PMing both Sarcasm and Mars about a new recruitment policy that I've devised. If they approve, then all the SQUAD members will receive a PM from me, which will tell them about it and once there is a majority vote, it'll be announced to the public. Watch this space, people.

No offense kiwi but that hierarchical crap is also part of the problem. Back in the days, hell back just a couple of months ago, the Squad thing was more of a brotherhood; peers to peers and each members was notorious... that "his excellency" shit and role playing is extremely geeky and kills the fear factor.

Name Notoriety is the Key. Without it, just a bunch of clowns trolling around 8)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »
No offense kiwi but that hierarchical crap is also part of the problem. Back in the days, hell back just a couple of months ago, the Squad thing was more of a brotherhood; peers to peers and each members was notorious... that "his excellency" shit and role playing is extremely geeky and kills the fear factor.

Name Notoriety is the Key. Without it, just a bunch of clowns trolling around 8)

"Fear factor"...bwahahahahaha  Yeah  I'm terrified....please don't call me gay.  ::)

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2007, 01:33:28 AM »
benjamin looks like a good recruit. We'll see what the other two can bring to the table.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2007, 01:34:52 AM »
benjamin looks like a good recruit. We'll see what the other two can bring to the table.

If you're lucky they will bring some food...but you better be quick or Superstar will eat it all.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2007, 01:36:21 AM »
If you're lucky they will bring some food...but you better be quick or Superstar will eat it all.
supastar loves his sammiches

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2007, 01:37:01 AM »

Alex, you raise a very good point, except it's not appropriate here. Everything is as it is within as members. I've always referred to Sarcasm as 'The great Sarcasm', 'The almighty Sarcasm' etc, but it's only me who does that among all the members ;D. Mars always refers to Sarcasm as 'The Excellency', 'Founding father' etc. Mars and me get a kick out of saying it, which is why only we do it.

It is still a brotherhood.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2007, 01:41:23 AM »
It's simple, without SF and Mars, the SQUAD doesn't exist.

There has to be some respect given there Alex. The rest of us are a brotherhood, always have
been and always will be. The creation of different aspects of service within the SQUAD are just
using the strong points of everyone's ability to own little bear cubs in their own right, but doesn't
put one above another.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:34 AM »
Alex, you raise a very good point, except it's not appropriate here. Everything is as it is within as members. I've always referred to Sarcasm as 'The great Sarcasm', 'The almighty Sarcasm' etc, but it's only me who does that among all the members ;D. Mars always refers to Sarcasm as 'The Excellency', 'Founding father' etc. Mars and me get a kick out of saying it, which is why only we do it.

It is still a brotherhood.

Mars doesn't post much anymore.

Alex23

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2007, 01:48:03 AM »
It's simple, without SF and Mars, the SQUAD doesn't exist.

There has to be some respect given there Alex. The rest of us are a brotherhood, always have
been and always will be. The creation of different aspects of service within the SQUAD are just
using the strong points of everyone's ability to own little bear cubs in their own right, but doesn't
put one above another.

Agree. But recent feuds had a hit on our credibility. Those should be avoided.

I think my second point regarding the notoriety is extremely important. Months ago, I remember being very intimidated by some epic owners... I don't think it's as true anymore... we need to revive this as well.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »
Agree. But recent feuds had a hit on our credibility. Those should be avoided.

I think my second point regarding the notoriety is extremely important. Months ago, I remember being very intimidated by some epic owners... I don't think it's as true anymore... we need to revive this as well.

There's definitely some reconsolidation going on as kiwiol pointed out.

The infestation of skinny little bottom bears has been especially heavy lately, which caused a little confusion as some innocent onlookers got caught in the crossfire of some particularly savage ownings. The legendary kiwiol has been restoring order while RB and BF keep the V on a tight lockdown from these skinny little twunts.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2007, 05:23:13 AM »
It's simple, without SF the SQUAD doesn't exist.

there you go count i fixed it for ya ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2007, 05:26:35 AM »
How messed up would it be to find out that the entire Squad was only one guy with about 14 accounts . :P

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2007, 05:27:16 AM »
How messed up would it be to find out that the entire Squad was only one guy with about 14 accounts . :P
teh rudeness is one acount gt

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2007, 05:28:51 AM »
that would be funny as fuck!

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2007, 08:47:46 AM »
Squadfather, as a newly annointed associate of the Squad, I ask that you give me a mission to execute!

Are you kidding me ::)

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »
Are you kidding me ::)
show him how it's done Benj.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »

i gotta agree here. it went from kinda the renegade group of guys keeping things fresh, now it's almost like a goddamn world of warcraft guild. the brief burst of threads about saddam hussein and whatnot didn't help either, it made the place look like they were just desparate for attention along the lines of "look how controversial we are! we like the ayatollah khomenei!" i'm damn glad that's over and done with and things are somewhat back to normal, it's why i stopped posting down here.

besides, a 60 man squad just makes it sound like you guys are going for quantity over quality.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »
From these last few posts, it seems like you made a mistake with colmbus dude, guy is a tool.  He posted git er done in one of his posts, what a loser.

The Heckler

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »
From these last few posts, it seems like you made a mistake with colmbus dude, guy is a tool.  He posted git er done in one of his posts, what a loser.

Indeed.  Benjamin Pearson is by far the best of the newest batch.  Columbusdude, JohnMatrix, and a few other newbies are simply lame, unfunny schmucks who couldn`t own themselves out of a wet paper bag.  Not a single one of them has done shit in terms of raising the Squad`s profile.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2007, 12:04:43 PM »
Indeed.  Benjamin Pearson is by far the best of the newest batch.  Columbusdude, JohnMatrix, and a few other newbies are simply lame, unfunny, and couldn`t own themselves out of a wet paper bag.  Not a single one of them has done shit in terms of raising the Squad`s profile.
You're a very smart dude, Heckler.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »
quote author=Man of Steel link=topic=129682.msg1839528#msg1839528 date=1172169121]

Benjamin Pearson has full MOS support!
[/quote]

Benjamin Pearson is the best poster in ages, I piss myself after every post. and the posts are funny

ta ta

In all honesty, I haven't seen enough of the other two but Benjamin has been melting people all over the place.

Indeed.  Benjamin Pearson is by far the best of the newest batch.  Columbusdude, JohnMatrix, and a few other newbies are simply lame, unfunny schmucks who couldn`t own themselves out of a wet paper bag.  Not a single one of them has done shit in terms of raising the Squad`s profile.
Thanks for the support guys

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »
If Pearson isnt a member already via gimmick , then he is actually pretty good.
ColumbusDude isnt as ruthless, but the Arnold Classic may afford him an oppurtunity to prove his case
L

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2007, 12:29:29 PM »
quote author=Man of Steel link=topic=129682.msg1839528#msg1839528 date=1172169121]

Benjamin Pearson has full MOS support!

Thanks for the support guys
no doubt!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
Perhaps after my savage owning od columbusdude yesturday Mars could give me an official title? Maybe Chief Squad Destroyer?
P

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2007, 12:36:52 PM »
What owning? That was minor, compared to what cap86 and I and others are doing to Derek Anthony... provoking epic meltdowns and behemoth death threats...