Author Topic: Worthless Supplements  (Read 100087 times)

Rigs

• Getbig III
  • Friends don't let friends lift lite!
Re: Worthless Supplements
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
If you don't want to pay 100 dollars for a supplement, than don't. It's as simple as that. There is no need for slander or tearing down someones company. She, like many others in the world, is trying to run a business. The business offers a product for a certain price and if the customer doesn't want to pay for it, they don't. I think everyone needs to start focusing their attention on posting useful posts instead of attacking members. Iam really getting sick of constantly hearing this crap.

AMEN, brother, AMEN!!!   8)
Most important word:SQUAT

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2006, 08:51:27 AM »
Iam not saying its good to replace solid meals with pills, but some of these supplements DO help to build muscle. If you think otherwise, try telling that to my brother who gained 15 pounds of solid muscle on creatine in two weeks.

15 pounds of solid muscle my ass....i love reading some of these posts!
footloose and fancy free

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2006, 11:38:21 PM »
I wouldn't say good quality. I'd say average quality with a huge advertising budget. I think the main reason that they are on the "bad" list is because thet are overpriced & overhyped. There are o many other supplements that will give you the same results for half the cost. I just had the get that off my chest.

Agreed,  Good Supplments don't need marketing or advertising.  All they need is word of mouth. 

patrinos2003

• Getbig I
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2006, 05:07:02 AM »
Iam not saying its good to replace solid meals with pills, but some of these supplements DO help to build muscle. If you think otherwise, try telling that to my brother who gained 15 pounds of solid muscle on creatine in two weeks.

wow! 7 kgs solid muscle in 15 days?? come on this is not true!
protein powders,creatine, BCAAs, and some vitamins are the basis with the adittion of a few extras like liver tabs, green tea cla

stefanogym

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
i am appreciating a lot NO Shotgun in this period...it works very nice with me

AVBG

« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2006, 04:34:54 PM »
Add Muscletech's Anator P-70.. A complete waste of money, just like their other products.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
glutamine ahahah. "the jackel" put that under good supplements, ahha. obviously he hasnt read anything about glutamine in a scientific context. its a worthless supplement as far as bodybuilding goes. its good for digestion and upset stomach. it is no good for bodybuilding. it doesnt absorb through the grastic lining appreciably.

glutamine sucks.

GetBigorDie33

• Getbig I
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »
I like to stick to the basics nothing fancy. Some bcaa's quality protein, glutamine and a good multi- vitamin

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2007, 10:03:36 AM »

biologically impossible.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2007, 03:33:57 PM »
biologically impossible.

Hang yourself.

there is some guy at the gym, i see all the time, he told me that he gained 25 lbs of muscle in 1 month because of creatine.  i should have said "biologinally impossible. hang yourself"  haha
F

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2007, 03:45:24 AM »
there is some guy at the gym, i see all the time, he told me that he gained 25 lbs of muscle in 1 month because of creatine.  i should have said "biologinally impossible. hang yourself"  haha

Then repeatedly poke him in the gut while saying "Who's got a big squishy belly?  Hmmm?  Who's been getting their carbs?"

mdgkmg

• Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
my opinion for a supplement not horribly priced is gnc pro performance products. some of their proteins are a lil expensive but their creatine at 25 bucks a container works for me and on my pocket book. my 2 cents.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2007, 12:15:23 AM »
my opinion for a supplement not horribly priced is gnc pro performance products. some of their proteins are a lil expensive but their creatine at 25 bucks a container works for me and on my pocket book. my 2 cents.

25$ for 2 kilos?

SOrry, i'm not in the US.

drserje

• Getbig I
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »
Hey guys i just joined this site yesterday and I need some advice. I had been working out religiously for about 6years, I did a  cycles of Winni about 3 years ago,  I was in good shape  (5'10 ,214, 12% BF). Due to med schools intense hours I have not been able to workout for about 5 months, I also wasn't  getting adequate sleep or  eat the proper foods at the proper time, so  I'm now (215lbs, I would say about 20% BF). I Finished my first year of med school 2 weeks ago, and now have the time to get back into things. I've been out of the bodybuilding loop for awhile so I was wondering if you guys knew of any good supplements that cause for some nice muscle gains, oh ya I don't want to do another cycle. So,  I'll tell you what I'm currently taking and you tell me what to get rid of and what to add.
I drink anywhere from 2 to 4 liters of water during my day.

7am-- Gasparian Pump 250( 2scoops) , Novex Biotech Endothil-CR
7:15-- Nitrotech Protein Shake
7:45-- Workout
9am-- Muscletech Protein shake with a Gatorade
11:30-- Tuna Salad (30-35g protein), 1 red apple,1 orange, 1 GNC multi vit, two 600mg L-glutamine capsules, 1000mg CLA
2:30pm-- Tuna Salad (30-35g protein), brown rice or wheat pasta (one and a half cups)
5:30--  Chicken Breast (30-35g protein),one serving of fruit, two 600mg L-glutamine capsules, 1000mg CLA
8:30-- Chicken or Turkey Breast (30-35g protein), a cup of veggies
10:30-- 1-3 mile jog every other day, it's not an intense jog, I try to keep it at a slow pace ( 9- 11 minutes a mile)
11:10--2 cups nonfat milk or 1 cup nonfat milk mixed with 20 grams whey protein,1 GNC multi vit,two 600mg L-glutamine capsules,  1000mg CLA, 2 tablets GNC ZMA
11:30-- In bed

Thanks

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2007, 02:04:25 AM »
Hey guys i just joined this site yesterday and I need some advice. I had been working out religiously for about 6years, I did a  cycles of Winni about 3 years ago,  I was in good shape  (5'10 ,214, 12% BF). Due to med schools intense hours I have not been able to workout for about 5 months, I also wasn't  getting adequate sleep or  eat the proper foods at the proper time, so  I'm now (215lbs, I would say about 20% BF). I Finished my first year of med school 2 weeks ago, and now have the time to get back into things. I've been out of the bodybuilding loop for awhile so I was wondering if you guys knew of any good supplements that cause for some nice muscle gains, oh ya I don't want to do another cycle. So,  I'll tell you what I'm currently taking and you tell me what to get rid of and what to add.
I drink anywhere from 2 to 4 liters of water during my day.

7am-- Gasparian Pump 250( 2scoops) , Novex Biotech Endothil-CR
7:15-- Nitrotech Protein Shake
7:45-- Workout
9am-- Muscletech Protein shake with a Gatorade
11:30-- Tuna Salad (30-35g protein), 1 red apple,1 orange, 1 GNC multi vit, two 600mg L-glutamine capsules, 1000mg CLA
2:30pm-- Tuna Salad (30-35g protein), brown rice or wheat pasta (one and a half cups)
5:30--  Chicken Breast (30-35g protein),one serving of fruit, two 600mg L-glutamine capsules, 1000mg CLA
8:30-- Chicken or Turkey Breast (30-35g protein), a cup of veggies
10:30-- 1-3 mile jog every other day, it's not an intense jog, I try to keep it at a slow pace ( 9- 11 minutes a mile)
11:10--2 cups nonfat milk or 1 cup nonfat milk mixed with 20 grams whey protein,1 GNC multi vit,two 600mg L-glutamine capsules,  1000mg CLA, 2 tablets GNC ZMA
11:30-- In bed

Thanks

Don't overdo it.

In the beginning, just good food is fine. Safe the stupid -tech shit until you hit a wall.

600mg glutamine won't do jackshit. try something like 15g post workout.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:32 AM »
dude is taking too many sups.

spend the money on good food, some protien powder, protien bars and creatine.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2007, 11:01:33 PM »
dude is taking too many sups.

spend the money on good food, some protien powder, protien bars and creatine.

good advice, i'd say 90% of bodybuilders rely too much on supps compared to food.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
man alot of people on this board including the mod(jackel) dont know much about supps.

dont take glutamine. not 15 grams not any. unless you have ibs or chrons.

NO2n is arginine, it is not something seperate. arginine alpha ketogluterate.

you cant gain anywere close to 15 pounds of muscle in two weeks, super glycogen compensation, small amounts of muscle and loads of water.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
there is more stupid advice but ill let the hate roll in first. im just trying to get the proper advice out there. i run a supp store, and people come in with all kinds of ignorant shit.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #169 on: April 07, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »

dont take glutamine. not 15 grams not any. unless you have ibs or chrons.

What are reasons why?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »
What are reasons why?

in a bodybuilding context, it offers no real advantages.

it does not absorb through the gastric lining and has no anaboliic effects

only things i would use glutamine for are for gaba agonism(sleep), immune system(although whey had quite enough along with food) and digestion(again food sourced)

it is really a waste of money in terms of bodybuilding.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2007, 11:02:13 PM »
in a bodybuilding context, it offers no real advantages. what has glutamine to do with bodybuilding contests??

only things i would use glutamine for are for gaba agonism(sleep), immune system(although whey had quite enough along with food) and digestion(again food sourced)

I don't agree with you here, because actually glutamine helps a lot with recovery.

Even if a lot of glutamine gets absorbed by your intestines and is used for digestion and the immune system, THIS actually leaves the body lots of other amino acids to use in your muscle, which he would not do without the glutamine.

Glutamine is great when consumed with other amino acids or a protein shake. One of the best supps there are.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 14, 2007, 07:31:56 AM »
I don't agree with you here, because actually glutamine helps a lot with recovery.

Even if a lot of glutamine gets absorbed by your intestines and is used for digestion and the immune system, THIS actually leaves the body lots of other amino acids to use in your muscle, which he would not do without the glutamine.

Glutamine is great when consumed with other amino acids or a protein shake. One of the best supps there are.

there is nothing to really disagree about, go to avant and search glutamine, or go to pubmed.

you will see it is basically worthless, and extra amounts are pissed out and not absorbed as it is a conditionally essential amino acid, which can be formed as needed by other aminos.

also, the sheer amount of protein and quality protein bb eat would more then supply enough glutamine.

it is not a wise product to invest money in for recovery. it offers no anabolic advantages and no anti-catabolic advantages at high doses. the above benefits are all there is to supplementing glutamine. for some that may  be enough, but is doesnt help with recovery.

if i were looking at aminos i would be looking at leucine as the kingpin for muscle growth dosed at 23-35 grams a day. the other BCAA'S are fine, but leucine is much better.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
in a bodybuilding context, it offers no real advantages.

Glumtamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body yet we don't consume enough in our food.
It is beneficial to preserve muscle, especially under any kind of stress. It's the only supplement that I use.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2007, 07:15:22 PM »
Glumtamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body yet we don't consume enough in our food.
It is beneficial to preserve muscle, especially under any kind of stress. It's the only supplement that I use.

yes it is, but what im trying to say is that according to mountains of research it simply doesnt absorb very well via oral administration. it has its benefits though, like the ones ive listed, with sleep and digestion among the best.

ill see if i can find the papers for you to have a look at if you want to read some of them.