Author Topic: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills  (Read 1781 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Putin orders tactical nuclear weapons drills
« Reply #75 on: Today at 08:35:07 AM »
It would kill hundreds of millions within 72 minutes and up to 5 billion people within a year. And also concepts like "Launch on warning" and "Sole presidential authority".

This is hard to watch but it explains what happens the second an enemy ICBM's exhaust is detected.

These systems are built solely as deterrents they make no sense as weapons of war.

Have you read "On the beach" by Nevil Shute..?  I have a weakness for classic dystopias* - this one covers the aftermath of a global thermonuclear war.  I'm going to out myself here as a gaylord, but it's one of the few books that ever brought me close to tears by the sheer senselessness of it all...

[*Irrelevant tangent warning: for years I hadn't realised that my English Teacher had primed me for this by the books and plays we worked through or he recommended:  Lord of the Flies, The Death of Grass, Trillions, When the Wind Blows, Death Dolls of Lyra, Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, God the list goes on and on... yet he was the most optimistic madman I ever met!  Great fella]
T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #76 on: Today at 09:35:09 AM »
Have you read "On the beach" by Nevil Shute..?  I have a weakness for classic dystopias* - this one covers the aftermath of a global thermonuclear war.  I'm going to out myself here as a gaylord, but it's one of the few books that ever brought me close to tears by the sheer senselessness of it all...

[*Irrelevant tangent warning: for years I hadn't realised that my English Teacher had primed me for this by the books and plays we worked through or he recommended:  Lord of the Flies, The Death of Grass, Trillions, When the Wind Blows, Death Dolls of Lyra, Brave New World, 1984, Animal Farm, God the list goes on and on... yet he was the most optimistic madman I ever met!  Great fella]
no one will win anything ..we will destroy anything & everything we think is evolution.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #77 on: Today at 11:54:41 AM »

Quoted to go back and find these book later.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: Today at 12:53:04 PM »
Seriously people don't get what these kind of Russians are like. They bank on westerners being pussies.

Reality is we have no idea how many nukes the Russians have that actually work.

So it's it not a release the hounds type situation. Nuclear war will kill millions but it probably won't be planet killing types.
The same thing can be said about the US arsenal. Have you not read about all the Boeing issues? The US also has to deal with all these DEI hires complicating the matter. Why anyone would think the Russians are less capable than a DEI or transgender hire is a mystery to me.

Russia also paid their dues in WW2. The Soviet Union's total civilian and military deaths were around 24 million in WW2. Contrast that with the UK's loss of 450,700 and the US of 418,500 and you can see why WW2 and their defeat of Germany means so much more to the Russians. Germany lost about 6.6-8.8 million and Japan about 2.6-3.1 million people. China was a close second to the Soviet Union with around 20 million civilian and military deaths. Russia's death toll would have been the majority of the Soviet Union number.

Russians today value the sacrifice their forefathers made to defend their nation and territory. No way will they allow an upstart like the failing USA to take away what they fought and died for. Russia also sees the American decline and the rotting from within. I am sure their preference would be that they don't have to resort to nukes to take out a dying USA.