Author Topic: Ronnie's Cost of Redemption  (Read 9298 times)

BigIronMike25

Ronnie's Cost of Redemption
« on: February 09, 2006, 09:06:16 AM »
just got it and watched it for the 1st time..holy shit....800lb squats....2300lb leg press....DB pressing the 140's for 6.....this is some insane shit

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Ronnie's Cost of Redemption
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:33:48 AM »
he actually got the 140s for 7......yeah i've watched ronnie's vid like 1000 times...makes for a nice bedtime movie ya know.
bodybuildersreality.com

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:43:59 AM »
he actually got the 140s for 7......yeah i've watched ronnie's vid like 1000 times...makes for a nice bedtime movie ya know.

I'm thinking more like Pre-Workout movie. I like to watch BB DVD's while drinking my pre or post workout shakes. Sometimes I watch them while eating like chicken and brocolli to remind myself why I'm eating this instead of candy.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 11:31:10 AM »
yes i noticed that it was 7 reps not 6, and they were 160lb dumbells, not 140s.
[img]http://nono.com/0ICJ

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »
oh yeah right 160s. forgot! but ya it doesnt matter when you watch it...either way its movitavtion! if i've already trained and im watching it..ill do crunches or something.
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
I haven't seen it but is that all he does is 6 or 7 reps with 160's.  I swear I would have thought he had stronger shoulders than that.  All that shit he takes and he weighs close to 300+ and he does only 7 with 160's.  Are you guys sure.  Pales in comparison to the 50+ reps that cop did at the Arnold in 2001(?) to beat the record of Kazmaier's at 50 reps.  And not to brag but there were a few of us back in the mid-90's I trained with that would do the 150's full ROM for 10 reps.  And I mean all the way down till touches top of traps and all the way up, no halfy shit.  So, I hope you guys had a misprint or this was at the end of his workout which is probably what it is.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »
i think the unbeliveable is more motivational...the best hardcore bbing dvd ever IMO.

Double XL

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 11:57:49 AM »
I haven't seen it but is that all he does is 6 or 7 reps with 160's.  I swear I would have thought he had stronger shoulders than that.  All that shit he takes and he weighs close to 300+ and he does only 7 with 160's.  Are you guys sure.  Pales in comparison to the 50+ reps that cop did at the Arnold in 2001(?) to beat the record of Kazmaier's at 50 reps.  And not to brag but there were a few of us back in the mid-90's I trained with that would do the 150's full ROM for 10 reps.  And I mean all the way down till touches top of traps and all the way up, no halfy shit.  So, I hope you guys had a misprint or this was at the end of his workout which is probably what it is.
that cop actually used the 100's for 50 reps, not the 160s, i heard they were 150s but turns out they were only 100s, still really impressive.  i dont think it's humanly possible to do 50 reps with 160s.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »
In "the unbelevable" he just reps out with 315 on the barbell for Military press. and the deadlift was awesome!
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »
Concerning Ronnie, he now post on the new Pro Source board, which as of now is a pretty crapy board, but I asked him the other day what his bf% got up to in the off-season and he said it rarely gets over 4% ::) I replied back and said you mean to tell me when your 50+ lbs over contest weight your bf% is only 4%? He answered that the highest it ever got was 5% that his body wouldn't allow any more.
Now don't get me wrong, I think Ronnie is one of the greatest BB out there, but I think he is talking out of his butt on this one... I mean come on, is this even possible?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:56 PM »
haha you never know...it could be water though???
bodybuildersreality.com

BigIronMike25

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 06:38:47 AM »
Concerning Ronnie, he now post on the new Pro Source board, which as of now is a pretty crapy board, but I asked him the other day what his bf% got up to in the off-season and he said it rarely gets over 4% ::) I replied back and said you mean to tell me when your 50+ lbs over contest weight your bf% is only 4%? He answered that the highest it ever got was 5% that his body wouldn't allow any more.
Now don't get me wrong, I think Ronnie is one of the greatest BB out there, but I think he is talking out of his butt on this one... I mean come on, is this even possible?
that sounds like bs to me....nobody stays @ 4% year round....is that even possible...Jarnold you've seen ronnie in the off-season...hes at least 8 or 10% right??? 

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »
4% in the offseason!? You're joking right. Whoever is doing Ronnie's body fat percentage must be the same guy who tells him his waistline is coming in nicely. I love Ronnie as much as the next guy but come on.

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 02:23:58 PM »

Not to get off subject, because that movie is unreal.....

but that sounded alittle gay :-\
W

Slick Vic

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 06:42:08 PM »
just got it and watched it for the 1st time..holy shit....800lb squats....2300lb leg press....DB pressing the 140's for 6.....this is some insane shit
Yup. A very enjoyable DVD indeed.  :)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 07:12:40 PM »
Not to get off subject, because that movie is unreal.....
but that sounded alittle gay :-\
well i wasn't trying to sound gay but alright, it was more of a joke ya know.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
I just don't like how you watch him eat each bite of food, cook his eggs and do cruntches.
bodybuildersreality.com

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »
that sounds like bs to me....nobody stays @ 4% year round....is that even possible...Jarnold you've seen ronnie in the off-season...hes at least 8 or 10% right??? 
ive never seen an offseason picture of ronnie without abs.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

dookie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2006, 09:16:59 AM »

Its Ronnies overall strength that sets him apart.   

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 04:06:51 AM »
Yeah, I've read some of his answers on that board...Some made me laugh, like when he says that his natural weight is 300 pounds, no matter if he trains or not...yeah, right...Great guy, but who does he think he's fooling?

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »
Cormeir said Ronnie pressed 405 seated in a photo shoot for a couple of reps over the course of a couple of sets..  Said it was the sickest thing he ever saw..

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006, 08:12:30 AM »
yes i heard ronnie had some problems with his shoulder and chest, so his pressing power wasnt the best in the cost of redemption.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »
He mentions his shoulder being fucked up during the routine and they are DB's so maybe he just doesn't want to go to the trouble
$

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 09:04:18 PM »
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/videos/ronnie-coleman-cost-of-redemption.html

About half an hour of this 3-hour DVD is footage of him eating in anyplace willing to serve him several platefuls of food at a time.  Even more than his workouts, his days seemed to revolve around how many meals he could consume.  BTW, I have never in my life seen anyone so big in the gym.  He wasn't as big even the next year. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:45 PM »
still a must-see movie
bodybuildersreality.com