Author Topic: I am trying to lose weight and gain muscle i need help  (Read 11962 times)

nycteen90

• Getbig II
Re: I am trying to lose weight and gain muscle i need help
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 06:18:09 PM »
I dont have excersise machines at my house and I cant go to the gym early in the morning and then come back to my house, its a 1/2 hours bus ride each way. Is jogging for 30-35 minutes ok? I have already dropped my social life pretty much I just hang with my good friends on weekend nights, not even during the day. What do you guys consider a good breakfast, I usually make some scrambled eggs and coffee, should I make somethign else? Thank you for all the help I really appreicate it, I spent 1 and a half hours just on cardio today at the gym, I definatly cant do that everyday but it felt good to do it today, I truly feel better.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 12:49:10 PM »
Yes jogging is fine, 20-30 minutes would be plenty. Anything over that isn't necessary. A good breakfast would be the eggs and a bowl of oatmeal. Don't be scared of the carbs, they will help your metabolism, and you'll actually lose more fat eating them. Continue to eat high protein/moderate complex carb meals throughout the day. (5 to 6 meals a day) I find that sweet potato's make an excellent choice since they are an excellent complex carb, and can be easily cooked in any microwave. You should notice when you follow everything above that your body temperature is up throughout the day. This is a sign of a ramped up metabolism, and it will melt fat off of you.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »
this is good advice... also, if you are truly commited, then drop your social life for 6 months and watch how much progress you make...

Get married. Then your social life will die out completely! ;)
The House that Ruth built

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
Is it possible that rather than do any independant research into this, you will ask every single question known to man in this topic, one at a time for years to come until you become educated? Just curious

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »
Do your cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Follow it up with a good breakfast. That is the best way to lose fat and you won't have to kill yourself.

Best tip yet! This works and in my opinion since he wants to gain or at least preserve his mucle mass, avoid doing many of those sprints and opt for longer cardio , like brisk walking up an incline on a treadmill . WHY? Doing sprints does get you in shape for sports and are tough no question. BUT, they work the same fast twicth (type IIB) miscle finers as lifting.
This might cause an increase in cortisol which will cause to lose muscle mass or not gain.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Ryu717

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 12:29:33 PM »
Hey great job on the weight loss. I would find out what your target heart rate is and stay within that zone on your cardio. Sometimes on the elipical which is an awesome machine can actually be an anerobic exercise rather than aerobic don't set the resistence too high or you will be in an anerobic zone. Thats the lesson I have learned and it has helped alot. Also 3500 calories a week to burn off equals a pound of fat. So if you want to loose weight calories in and calories out that simple. Keep a log book of what you eat that will tell you alot. Also research has been done on insulin and a low glycemic diet is helpful. Some of these protein powders also are loaded with sugar too in the form of high fructose corn syrup. Watch out for this. It will make you fat hope it helps.