Author Topic: WI Sen. Lena Taylor cited after "altercation" with bank teller  (Read 4950 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: WI Sen. Lena Taylor cited after "altercation" with bank teller
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 05:29:17 AM »
First off do you live in the United States? Are you American?

I've never shot anybody. So white people dont shoot/kill other white people? Serial killers? Child molesters? I can go on and on.
I dont have a record.
I've never been to jail or prison.
I don't have kids and my dad didnt abandon the family unlike Donald Trump did with each woman he had kids with.
Although education means shyt these days(look at the clown in the white house)I've got 2 college degrees.

No its not truth and facts. Its just your racist beliefs.

LILJ is more than just a statistic, he's an outlier
a

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 09:04:54 AM »
If a white person with any notoriety or fame called a black person a the N word of course it would be a bigger story

Not sure it would be national story given that this is a state senator

Still not sure what if you think this is a "dem double standard" or if you just think this person is a "typical Dem" because you think all Dems have double standards

which one is it and why do you believe it?

She's typical in so much as she doesn't believe rules, laws and standards should apply to her.  She needs to be held accountable for her behavior and actions instead of using her position and connections to sweep it under the rug.  I have no doubt that her constituents don't care and won't vote her out of office.  That doesn't mean that the rest of us shouldn't try to hold her accountable and hold her to the same standard we hold to everyone else. She should be made to apologize and forced to resign or forced out of her caucus by her fellow Democrats over this.  This is ugly and unacceptable racist behavior from a sitting State Senator.
:

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 09:18:14 AM »
Sorry, Straw.  He nailed it.

You're just pissed at the politicians today.  Can't blame you.  I have that feeling every day.

Weird how you're ok with this analogy when using it yourself, but when others use it, you get all uppity and say it's not about other people.

So the Dem Double Standard is getting a lawyer?

Republicans would never do such a thing?

Glad we finally cleared that up

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »
She's typical in so much as she doesn't believe rules, laws and standards should apply to her.  She needs to be held accountable for her behavior and actions instead of using her position and connections to sweep it under the rug.  I have no doubt that her constituents don't care and won't vote her out of office.  That doesn't mean that the rest of us shouldn't try to hold her accountable and hold her to the same standard we hold to everyone else. She should be made to apologize and forced to resign or forced out of her caucus by her fellow Democrats over this.  This is ugly and unacceptable racist behavior from a sitting State Senator.

Wow, hard to believe ANYONE would act like that, especially an elected official

We've never seen that before from a Republican

Typical "Dem Only" Double Standard

::)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 10:12:48 AM »
First off do you live in the United States? Are you American?

I've never shot anybody. So white people dont shoot/kill other white people? Serial killers? Child molesters? I can go on and on.
I dont have a record.
I've never been to jail or prison.
I don't have kids and my dad didnt abandon the family unlike Donald Trump did with each woman he had kids with.
Although education means shyt these days(look at the clown in the white house)I've got 2 college degrees.

No its not truth and facts. Its just your racist beliefs.

ohh we hit a nerve did I

Having guilty feelings are you

Read again what I wrote - It doesn't mention You Specifically does it
So why would you feel the need to reply as if it was directed at you.

And the statistics & facts are everywhere reference blacks
in general & the associated problems.

I also wrote that there are -----
"Likewise there are a good many Decent hard working intelligent
Law abiding fathers & mothers who are black."

You are one of the decent good ones then
Though your reading comprehension skills lack
& you have problems taking on board facts & figures it appears.

Just keep on Shouting racism all the time.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 10:39:35 AM »
So the Dem Double Standard is getting a lawyer?

No.  It's using racial language when her party says we're to "End Racism!" (keeping us busy til the end of time, while corporations take their Gold Standard (wink) and run us over with it).  It's also the fact Democrats claim to stand for the common ones, although they're losing that ground quickly as they become exposed as neocons, or neolibs, or whatever the hell the scorecard says these days.  Fakers, is what.

But your point is strong about Republicans.  Aka neocons, dumbasses, liars, or whatever that scorecard says.

Republicans would never do such a thing?

Glad we finally cleared that up

Everyone knows they would.  Everyone knows they cause plenty of trouble, and that you'll post it as it happens.   But call it both ways, that's all.   Give it some weight.  The politicians are the problem.  We know corporations are going to be greedy, since greed is in human nature.  But to have these assholes called "politicians" come along and pretend to offer a buffer against it, if we'll just elect them, then turn around and do the opposite: THEY are the true enemy.  So call them all out.  It's us vs. them.

But something else you said:

If a white person with any notoriety or fame called a black person a the N word of course it would be a bigger story

Why do you suppose that is?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
Getbig dems throwing a hissy fit in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 07:41:44 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/24/sen-lena-taylor-prosecuted-milwaukee-citfaces-disorderly-conduct-ticket-allegedly-berating-milwaukee/545601002/

Vince Bobot, an attorney for the Milwaukee Democrat, said his client will plead not guilty in Milwaukee Municipal Court to the $195 citation

If Taylor enters a not guilty plea, a trial will be scheduled.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
https://www.cbs58.com/news/exclusive-senator-lena-taylor-speaks-out-after-being-cited-for-disorderly-conduct-using-racial-slur-towards-bank-teller

Lena Taylor says she called bank teller a racially charged insult because he was deferring to a boss

MADISON - State Sen. Lena Taylor said Monday she used a controversial phrase with a bank teller because he was deferring to his boss and wasn't doing more to help her.

"He was going along to get along even though it wasn’t the right thing," the Milwaukee Democrat said in a lengthy interview on WNOV-AM (860).

"I said, 'You did a really good job today of acting like a good house (racial slur),' " she told host Sherwin Hughes.

In the interview of more than two hours, Taylor for the first time provided her account of an April incident at the Wells Fargo branch on Wisconsin Ave. that resulted in her getting a $195 ticket for disorderly conduct.

She is fighting the ticket, which is civil rather than criminal. She said she was not being boisterous and video from the bank would show that.
:

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 05:15:50 PM »
https://www.cbs58.com/news/exclusive-senator-lena-taylor-speaks-out-after-being-cited-for-disorderly-conduct-using-racial-slur-towards-bank-teller

Lena Taylor says she called bank teller a racially charged insult because he was deferring to a boss

MADISON - State Sen. Lena Taylor said Monday she used a controversial phrase with a bank teller because he was deferring to his boss and wasn't doing more to help her.

"He was going along to get along even though it wasn’t the right thing," the Milwaukee Democrat said in a lengthy interview on WNOV-AM (860).

"I said, 'You did a really good job today of acting like a good house (racial slur),' " she told host Sherwin Hughes.

In the interview of more than two hours, Taylor for the first time provided her account of an April incident at the Wells Fargo branch on Wisconsin Ave. that resulted in her getting a $195 ticket for disorderly conduct.

She is fighting the ticket, which is civil rather than criminal. She said she was not being boisterous and video from the bank would show that.

She shouldn't have used the term, no matter her skin color. Just because she wears the same "uniform" doesn't give her the right to use a racially charged slur towards the teller. If anything, because she holds public office, she should be reprimanded even harder for this. She's clearly shown bias towards blacks that don't toe the company line.