Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 773711 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #11000 on: May 16, 2024, 06:50:04 PM »
USA Winning! You won't see this in Russia or China.

MSM lying again? Read the comments...

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11001 on: May 16, 2024, 08:15:21 PM »
Pay for tech toys. I love computers and have many machines going back decades. I never sell my computers. I still have an original IBM XT with green monitor. The box has dents in it. I need to get it fixed.

Sweet I still have an old 486dx2 66mhz pc.  Save all that stuff dude could be collectible some day.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11002 on: May 16, 2024, 08:38:35 PM »
It will matter if big enough bombs blow up a mining facility or two. Or a strategic fire. What about a dozen drones? At some point, they will probably have to increase security at Bitcoin mining facilities and add air defenses... A few rocket launchers would not be too expensive to cause major damage.

Which leads back to my nightmare scenario. Something goes horribly wrong to rug pull the masses. The result is the innocent go freely to the devil in giving up their privacy.

USA Winning! You won't see this in Russia or China.

You really think Russia, with an average income 40x LOWER than the US has no shitholes 😂?

China did awesome in infrastructure building. 10/10. They have shitholes. Loads of them.

We can only understand and change our current circumstance. Everything else is noise we can’t understand the validity of nor solve.

I have NFI about homeless in the US other than a YouTube video.  But hey, I guess your views are working out great and you have left the US for Russia for a better life?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11003 on: May 16, 2024, 08:40:08 PM »
Sweet I still have an old 486dx2 66mhz pc.  Save all that stuff dude could be collectible some day.

I used to play on a mates Olivetti with green screen. We had an XT. First game was leisure suit Larry lol. PC progress was awesome, new faster stuff every 3 months.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11004 on: Today at 03:37:22 AM »
I plan on saving it. My parents bought it new back in the day. I learned to use a computer on it. I even did some animations with the XT back in the day. Not sure where I saved it. It was an animation of Italy kicking Sicily and then it turns into a soccer ball. It looked nice actually. I used a satellite photo to make it look realistic. The camera zoomed out to show the Earth with the soccer ball flying off into space - lol! It had a Hercules card and then eventually a VGA card with more colors.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11005 on: Today at 03:42:26 AM »
I used to play on a mates Olivetti with green screen. We had an XT. First game was leisure suit Larry lol. PC progress was awesome, new faster stuff every 3 months.
I remember LL. I showed the game to my older brother. He also played it at work. I told him check this out: "Larry, lie on the bed with the girl". He said WTF! "Larry, fuck the girl!".  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #11006 on: Today at 03:47:16 AM »
Which leads back to my nightmare scenario. Something goes horribly wrong to rug pull the masses. The result is the innocent go freely to the devil in giving up their privacy.

You really think Russia, with an average income 40x LOWER than the US has no shitholes 😂?

China did awesome in infrastructure building. 10/10. They have shitholes. Loads of them.

We can only understand and change our current circumstance. Everything else is noise we can’t understand the validity of nor solve.

I have NFI about homeless in the US other than a YouTube video.  But hey, I guess your views are working out great and you have left the US for Russia for a better life?
Not on that scale. Even bums are better off than these drugged-up junkies / zombies.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-investor-ray-dalio-warns-115219371.html

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio warns U.S. is ‘on the brink’ and estimates a more than 1 in 3 chance of civil war

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio believes the chances of a second American Civil War stand better than one out of three and is urging investors to move part of their assets out of the country.

Dalio, who founded the world’s largest hedge fund Bridgewater Associates before relinquishing control in September 2022, believes this year’s presidential election between incumbent Joe Biden and challenger Donald Trump is the most important one of his lifetime and be serve as a litmus test that determines whether risks spiral out of control.

“We are now on the brink,” he told the Financial Times in an interview published on Thursday, estimating the probability of strife erupting at somewhere between 35% to 40%.

Civil war seemed inconceivable only a few years ago. But the Jan. 6 scenes of angry mobs sacking the Capitol—beamed into living rooms and narrated by a British ITV news team in real time—were all too reminiscent of political revolts in third world countries.

The idea of a “national divorce”, proposed last year by Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, has since been brought to the silver screen by director Alex Garland in the simply named Civil War released in April. A Rasmussen poll conducted shortly thereafter suggested 41% of likely U.S. voters believe they will experience a civil war sometime in the next five years.

November’s election and the reactions to it will play a crucial role in determining whether the system can still heal itself—or pessimistic U.S: voters are right.

“Will there be an acceptance of the rules and an ability to work well under those rules?” the Bridgewater founder asked.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11007 on: Today at 05:39:44 AM »
Interesting post. Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, on which service provider did you transfer ETH to L2. Isn't that a taxable event? My goal is to avoid paying taxes as much as possible.

I know there are many ways to make more (and lose) money than sitting on big market cap tokens like BTC and ETH. At least staking ETH is better than doing nothing. We'll see how it all shakes out in the long run. The ETH FUD is strong right now. We have been through all this before. I think Ethereum is in a great spot and the L2s are gaining traction. Coinbase's Base does not have a token. And I don't think they plan to have one anytime soon. Ethereum is the native token for Base.

Arbitrum, received ARB tokens. but there were at least 5 other decent ones, probably closer to a dozen all together. You don't need to sell as you can just continue holding them. Taiko L2 is probably the next one to do it.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #11008 on: Today at 10:11:37 AM »
Not on that scale. Even bums are better off than these drugged-up junkies / zombies.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-investor-ray-dalio-warns-115219371.html

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio warns U.S. is ‘on the brink’ and estimates a more than 1 in 3 chance of civil war

Billionaire investor Ray Dalio believes the chances of a second American Civil War stand better than one out of three and is urging investors to move part of their assets out of the country.

Dalio, who founded the world’s largest hedge fund Bridgewater Associates before relinquishing control in September 2022, believes this year’s presidential election between incumbent Joe Biden and challenger Donald Trump is the most important one of his lifetime and be serve as a litmus test that determines whether risks spiral out of control.

“We are now on the brink,” he told the Financial Times in an interview published on Thursday, estimating the probability of strife erupting at somewhere between 35% to 40%.

Civil war seemed inconceivable only a few years ago. But the Jan. 6 scenes of angry mobs sacking the Capitol—beamed into living rooms and narrated by a British ITV news team in real time—were all too reminiscent of political revolts in third world countries.

The idea of a “national divorce”, proposed last year by Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene, has since been brought to the silver screen by director Alex Garland in the simply named Civil War released in April. A Rasmussen poll conducted shortly thereafter suggested 41% of likely U.S. voters believe they will experience a civil war sometime in the next five years.

November’s election and the reactions to it will play a crucial role in determining whether the system can still heal itself—or pessimistic U.S: voters are right.

“Will there be an acceptance of the rules and an ability to work well under those rules?” the Bridgewater founder asked.

LOL Jan. 6th.  That’s hilarious.  I remember being at work and all the females were going “oh my god what is going on?!?!?!”  Like alien motherships were landing on the planet.  lol so brave. 

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11009 on: Today at 10:25:29 AM »
Mintlayer, a prominent Layer-2 scaling solution for Bitcoin, has announced a strategic partnership with Salus, a science-driven research and security company specializing in zero-knowledge (ZK) technology. This collaboration aims to develop the Thunder Network, an innovative Layer-3 ZK rollup-based solution built on Bitcoin and the Mintlayer Protocol.
Mintlayer already enables Bitcoin liquidity for decentralized finance (DeFi) through native BTC cross-chain swaps, known as Atomic Swaps. The introduction of the Thunder Network is set to further enhance scalability, privacy, and Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) functionality. This Layer-3 solution will not only offer greater scalability and privacy but also faster transaction speeds and EVM-compatible features, allowing developers to build on a secure and reliable infrastructure connected to Bitcoin. EVM dApps will be compatible, simplifying the development process on Bitcoin via the Mintlayer protocol.

Enrico Rubboli, Mintlayer Founder, said, “Partnering with Salus is a significant milestone in Mintlayer’s mission to revolutionize Bitcoin’s scalability and functionality. Through integrating ZK, Thunder Network will enhance transaction speed and privacy while providing developers with powerful EVM capabilities to build innovative applications on top of Bitcoin. We’re excited to work with Salus to unlock Bitcoin’s full potential and drive the future of DeFi.”

A Significant Step Forward for Bitcoin
Mintlayer’s decision to collaborate with Salus stems from Salus’ extensive expertise in providing privacy-enhancing EVM ZK application layer solutions. Earlier this year, Salus authored a groundbreaking set of ZK solutions specifically tailored for the Ethereum ecosystem, which became the most-viewed article on Ethereum Research in 2023. Alongside pioneering innovative ZK solutions, Salus addresses the toughest security challenges in the blockchain space.

The Thunder Network is designed to resolve potential scaling issues on the Mintlayer network while enabling additional EVM functionality currently absent from Mintlayer. Shawn Chong, Salus COO, said, “We’re thrilled to join forces with Mintlayer to build the Thunder Network, a cutting-edge Layer-3 solution that will redefine how developers and users interact with Bitcoin. The synergy between Salus’ privacy-enhancing ZK solutions and Mintlayer’s Bitcoin layer 2 scaling expertise will drive innovation and adoption in the Bitcoin space while maintaining security, privacy, and decentralization.”

The Mintlayer-Salus partnership marks a significant step forward in the evolution of Bitcoin and its integration with the broader blockchain ecosystem. By leveraging Layer-3 ZK rollups, the Thunder Network aims to deliver a seamless and high-performance experience for users, maintaining the security, privacy, and decentralization that Bitcoin is renowned for.

Mintlayer employs Bitcoin’s Unspent Transaction Output (UTXO) model and integrates Non-Turing Complete Smart Contracts to minimize bugs and exploitable vulnerabilities. Its team comprises leading industry engineers, cryptographers, and blockchain researchers. Mintlayer is a Bitcoin Layer-2 sidechain that enables native Bitcoin cross-chain swaps, facilitating truly trustless finance.

In the coming year, Mintlayer aims to unlock the use of native Bitcoin in DeFi applications through Atomic Swaps. Financial use cases supported by Mintlayer include peer-to-peer trading using Atomic Swaps, real-world asset tokenization, security tokens, and digital collectibles. The collaboration between Mintlayer and Salus promises to unlock new possibilities for Bitcoin, driving forward the future of decentralized finance and blockchain technology.