Author Topic: Here's your President Benny. Obama threatens to hold SS checks August 3rd.  (Read 4152 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You're president is a POS. My mom is on SS and thanks to the markets so has her stocks that she was collecting an income from. Thank God she's good with money and has savings...but, but Benny........what about the people who have no savings? This bastard should be ran out of this country and back to his damn country. Let me just add that it was said ALONG time ago that SS would run out...looks like the conservatives were right again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20078789-503544.html

* Del.icio.us
    * Facebook
    * Stumbleupon

* Newsvine
    * Yahoo bookmarks
    * Mixx

* Digg
    * Reddit
    * Google Bookmarks

* Twitter
    * LinkedIn

President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Mr. Obama said in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley, according to excerpts released by CBS News.

The Obama administration and many economists have warned of economic catastrophe if the United States does not raise the amount it is legally allowed to borrow by August 2.

Lawmakers from both parties want to use the threat of that deadline to work out a broader package on long-term deficit reduction, with Republicans looking to cut trillions of dollars in federal spending, while Democrats are pushing for a more "balanced approach," which would include both spending cuts and increased revenue through taxes.

The Debt Limit fight: A primer

Democratic and Republican lawmakers are expected to hold another round of negotiations with Mr. Obama at the White House Tuesday afternoon on long-term deficit reduction, though talks have yielded little results to date.

Mr. Obama told Pelley "this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veterans checks, these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."

The interview will air Tuesday evening on the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley.

Mr. Obama's comments followed remarks from the Senate's top Republican, who said Tuesday that he did not see a way for Republicans and Democrats to come to agreement on meaningful deficit reduction as long as Mr. Obama remains in office.

"After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in remarks on the Senate floor.

Still, McConnell said Republicans would "do the responsible thing" to avoid default, suggesting that a deal on the debt ceiling could be reached without a "real" deficit reduction package.

"The president has presented us with three choices: smoke and mirrors, tax hikes, or default. Republicans choose none of the above. I had hoped to do good, but I refuse to do harm. So Republicans will choose a path that actually reflects the will of the people, which is to do the responsible thing and ensure that the government doesn't default on its obligations," he said.

Mr. Obama has repeatedly said he wants a deal that would allow the U.S. to avoid confronting the issue again until after the 2012 elections and vowed on Monday that he would "not sign a 30-day or a 60-day or a 90-day extension."

"This the United States of America and, you know, we don't manage our affairs in three-month increments. You know, we don't risk U.S. default on our obligations because we can't put politics aside," Mr. Obama told reporters at the White House yesterday.

io856

that is absolutely crazy..  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
COACH YOUR A MORON  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
COACH YOUR A MORON  ;D

Explain you twink lib?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
republicans dont want to increase the debt limit, and that is what will cause an absence of social security checks. 

republicans favor cutting social secuirty benefits to balance the budget.

republicans want to privatize social security and remove any guarantees to future payment that go along with it.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

democrats want to increase the debt limit, which would allow social security payments to continue.

democrats are fighting against any cuts to social security.

democrats want to keep social security around for our children and their grand children.

and you are complaining about obama

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Can you say SCARE TACTICS 

This guy is pitiful. The Gov rearranges money all the time. So Mr. Pres your saying that you are unable to defund some BS programs or rearange funds to pay for SS??

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Let the President's fingers-in-ears, eyes closed, foot stomping temper tantrum begin. He's a little bitch.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
legalize marijuana and tax tht sitwould be a good start.

Portugal made EVERYTHING legal, and Hard drug use is down 50%.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
republicans dont want to increase the debt limit, and that is what will cause an absence of social security checks. 

republicans favor cutting social secuirty benefits to balance the budget.

republicans want to privatize social security and remove any guarantees to future payment that go along with it.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ __

democrats want to increase the debt limit, which would allow social security payments to continue.

democrats are fighting against any cuts to social security.

democrats want to keep social security around for our children and their grand children.

and you are complaining about obama

He want's a $2 trillion tax hike. Throwing money at shit doesn't make the problem go away, it makes it worse because eventually you have to pay it back at a premium (Econ 101 and commonsense). He find the money to give to and bail out other countries but not enough in the "coffers' to take care of our own? It's a dem scare tactic, he's a pathological lair. The only people who knows he full of shit are the people sitting in the room with him and us.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
This shit is really bringing out the vitriolic, angry leftists. Blaming the republican congress for this problem... So fucking hilarious. So fucking sad. And more proof that when the checks to the welfare rats and other entitlement classes DOES actually stop...

They will come after YOUR shit and try to take it by force.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
You're president is a POS. My mom is on SS and thanks to the markets so has her stocks that she was collecting an income from. Thank God she's good with money and has savings...but, but Benny........what about the people who have no savings? This bastard should be ran out of this country and back to his damn country. Let me just add that it was said ALONG time ago that SS would run out...looks like the conservatives were right again.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20078789-503544.html

* Del.icio.us
    * Facebook
    * Stumbleupon

* Newsvine
    * Yahoo bookmarks
    * Mixx

* Digg
    * Reddit
    * Google Bookmarks

* Twitter
    * LinkedIn

President Obama on Tuesday said he cannot guarantee that retirees will receive their Social Security checks August 3 if Democrats and Republicans in Washington do not reach an agreement on reducing the deficit in the coming weeks.

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it," Mr. Obama said in an interview with CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley, according to excerpts released by CBS News.

The Obama administration and many economists have warned of economic catastrophe if the United States does not raise the amount it is legally allowed to borrow by August 2.

Lawmakers from both parties want to use the threat of that deadline to work out a broader package on long-term deficit reduction, with Republicans looking to cut trillions of dollars in federal spending, while Democrats are pushing for a more "balanced approach," which would include both spending cuts and increased revenue through taxes.

The Debt Limit fight: A primer

Democratic and Republican lawmakers are expected to hold another round of negotiations with Mr. Obama at the White House Tuesday afternoon on long-term deficit reduction, though talks have yielded little results to date.

Mr. Obama told Pelley "this is not just a matter of Social Security checks. These are veterans checks, these are folks on disability and their checks. There are about 70 million checks that go out."

The interview will air Tuesday evening on the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley.

Mr. Obama's comments followed remarks from the Senate's top Republican, who said Tuesday that he did not see a way for Republicans and Democrats to come to agreement on meaningful deficit reduction as long as Mr. Obama remains in office.

"After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in remarks on the Senate floor.

Still, McConnell said Republicans would "do the responsible thing" to avoid default, suggesting that a deal on the debt ceiling could be reached without a "real" deficit reduction package.

"The president has presented us with three choices: smoke and mirrors, tax hikes, or default. Republicans choose none of the above. I had hoped to do good, but I refuse to do harm. So Republicans will choose a path that actually reflects the will of the people, which is to do the responsible thing and ensure that the government doesn't default on its obligations," he said.

Mr. Obama has repeatedly said he wants a deal that would allow the U.S. to avoid confronting the issue again until after the 2012 elections and vowed on Monday that he would "not sign a 30-day or a 60-day or a 90-day extension."

"This the United States of America and, you know, we don't manage our affairs in three-month increments. You know, we don't risk U.S. default on our obligations because we can't put politics aside," Mr. Obama told reporters at the White House yesterday.

So your mom's a lazy liberal who doesn't work and wants the gov't to send her checks for sitting on her ass?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I thought there was a so called trust fund with trillions in it ? ?

obama = FAIL 

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
So your mom's a lazy liberal who doesn't work and wants the gov't to send her checks for sitting on her ass?

She problalby paid into it her whole life. Why wouldn't she deserve it. If you paid into it you deserve money. Not like the leeches living off of public assistance, welfare, food stamps their whole misserable shitty lives.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
She problalby paid into it her whole life. Why wouldn't she deserve it. If you paid into it you deserve money. Not like the leeches living off of public assistance, welfare, food stamps their whole misserable shitty lives.

What about the so called Trust fund the far left communist pieces of trash have said exists to such that SS is solvent for 30 years?   

Fuck obama and every dirty communist traitor who voted for him, and plans to voted for him.  you are traitors and communist pukes no different than he is. 

Nirvana

• Getbig V
oh so now that obama threatens to hold any form of SS  all of a sudden all the right wingers support it and know someone who needs it.

most people on welfare in my area are all racist white trash rednecks.

my point is not whether or not I support SS or gov't pensions, but righty's always act like liberals are the lazy leeches when it's pretty much the same with both parties.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
Plenty of money to give to Pakistan so they can harbor terrorists

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
oh so now that obama threatens to hold any form of SS  all of a sudden all the right wingers support it and know someone who needs it.

most people on welfare in my area are all racist white trash rednecks.

my point is not whether or not I support SS or gov't pensions, but righty's always act like liberals are the lazy leeches when it's pretty much the same with both parties.

Liberals are mostly parasites and communist pukes.  That is a fact.  

I agree with taking away welfare from able bodied people.  no doubt.   But SS people, like military people, should be last on the list, not first.  

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

lvtolft

• Getbig III
legalize marijuana and tax tht sitwould be a good start.

Portugal made EVERYTHING legal, and Hard drug use is down 50%.
This!^

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

oderus

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
if i was president the first thing i would do is order full cavity searches on coach's entire family

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Here's a crazy idea...

We ARE currently spending billions of dollars in funding wars throughout the middle east, as well as aiding middle eastern countries in the establishment of a proper democratic governments within their borders. Now, instead of spending so much money in fighting terror overseas and helping a bunch of countries set up governments, why not instead CALL OFF all the wars, remove all of our troops and get our asses out of the middle east thereby saving billions in the process that will directly aid in the PREVENTION of any financial terrors from occurring in the USA and ultimately allow for Coach's mom to receive her check next month?

I don't know or care too much about politics or the economy, but I want an answer coach..
"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Coach, your government has been robbing Peter to pay Paul for decades. You're fucked. And, if a Republican takes the White House in 2012 your fuckedness will only continue, and get worse. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ideology /= Knowledge of political economy  

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
simpl fact is that if you want social security payments to continue the debt ceiling has to be raised.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Also, before some of you chime in with the usual, "but pulling out of the middle east could become catastrophic and possibly provide us with a backlash of horrific events", I say it's best to make sure we don't become a third world country financially, socially and defense-wise and highly susceptible to an attack by a powerful, foreign invader that will exploit our overall weaknesses.

Coach, ball in your court..
"1"