Author Topic: When Clinton was president  (Read 3130 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
When Clinton was president
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:34:43 AM »
Are any of you naieve enough to think when clinton was president or for that matter any past president, do you believe you were always told the truth?   If so, i have some nice land in florida i'd like to sell you.  Don't fret if it appears a bit swampy, i swear the water will move away eventually.  good grief.  like bush is the first president to lie a bit.

grow the hell up.

Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: When Clinton was president
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:32:04 PM »
Are any of you naieve enough to think when clinton was president or for that matter any past president, do you believe you were always told the truth?   If so, i have some nice land in florida i'd like to sell you.  Don't fret if it appears a bit swampy, i swear the water will move away eventually.  good grief.  like bush is the first president to lie a bit.

grow the hell up.

Was it that land valued at?    ;D

I'm sure the issue isn't that Clinton or anyone else in office never lied.

The issue is the current president lying.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »
when clinton was president....

Things were good

next

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »
when clinton was president....

Things were good

next

on average -today people make way more money now,, we have less unemployment,, and lower taxes. so how were things better?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
on average -today people make way more money now,, we have less unemployment,, and lower taxes. so how were things better?

di you take into account monetary inflation? less unemployment? based on what? the methods of measuring unemployment are inaccurate , look it up if you don't believe me, they have always been skewed, considering more than 2% of pop is in jail now compared to 1.3 % during clinton, and we have a war going on I think it would stack up that away. Lower taxes. ok, guess that equals things out when 100 people die per day (UN)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »

grow the hell up.

Better question: Are you attempting to use wrongdoing where it may exist in the past as a justification for committing wrongdoing in the present? If so, I've got a nice firey place in the lower levels of hell for you ;) Don't worry if it appears a bit hot, I swear the heat is only temporary.  Wow, where will we be in the future when presidents justify their further wrongdoings based on marks sets by Bush  oh boy, we're fucked...

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »

Actually Clinton rode the tech boom. It wasn't his doing of course but it was during his Presidency. You must have forgotten about that little time period when everyone with any investment in the market made a killing. Again, not Clinton's doing but during his time. Your claim of people making "way more money" isn't completely accurate.

And besides, stats can be skewed to say essentially anything you want them to say.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »

grow the hell up.

Sure he lied.. About getting a bj from a fat bitch.

Bush lied to invade a country.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
"Well, let's see, start with Somalia. It's not the first, but its one of the best known. In the winter of 1992 George Bush ordered US troops to guard food shipments in and around the ports. The deployment ended in March, a resounding success. A couple of months later Clinton got suckered into sending the Marines back in as 'nation builders'. In the course of which he deliberately violated Executive Orders of the Presidency not to engage in deliberate or willful assassination of foreign political or military leaders; you DO remember the AC130 gunships firing wildly into civilian occupied apartment buildings, in an effort to murder a Somali warlord and his followers, don't you? I didn't think so. Long term memory is not a strong suite of the Clintonestae."

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/LIES.html
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »
"Well, let's see, start with Somalia. It's not the first, but its one of the best known. In the winter of 1992 George Bush ordered US troops to guard food shipments in and around the ports. The deployment ended in March, a resounding success. A couple of months later Clinton got suckered into sending the Marines back in as 'nation builders'. In the course of which he deliberately violated Executive Orders of the Presidency not to engage in deliberate or willful assassination of foreign political or military leaders; you DO remember the AC130 gunships firing wildly into civilian occupied apartment buildings, in an effort to murder a Somali warlord and his followers, don't you? I didn't think so. Long term memory is not a strong suite of the Clintonestae."

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/LIES.html
Are you also trying to justify the commission of present wrongs with past ones?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 06:47:22 PM »
Are you also trying to justify the commission of present wrongs with past ones?
Nope.  Just showing about another person's lies excluding a blowjob but regarding entering another nation. 
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »
Nope.  Just showing about another person's lies excluding a blowjob but regarding entering another nation. 
You can't possibly be comparing W's Iraqi quagmire to what happened in Somalia: ::)

March 3

Ceasefire
Warring faction leaders sign a ceasefire agreement, which includes provisions to allow a UN monitoring mission into Somalia to oversee arrangements for providing humanitarian assistance.

April 24

UN Military Observers to Somalia
UN Security Council approves UN operation in Somalia, pursuant to the ceasefire agreement. In July, 50 unarmed UN military observers are deployed to Mogadishu to monitor the ceasefire.

August 15

Operation Provide Relief (United Nations Operation in Somalia -- UNOSOM I)
UN humanitarian relief effort begins.

December 4

US President George Bush launches Somalia intervention
Deteriorating security prevents the UN mission from delivering food and supplies to the starving Somalis. Relief flights are looted upon landing, food convoys are hijacked and aid workers assaulted. The UN appeals to its members to provide military forces to assist the humanitarian operation.

With only weeks left in his term as president, George Bush responds to the UN request, proposing that US combat troops lead an international UN force to secure the environment for relief operations. On December 5, the UN accepts his offer, and Bush orders 25,000 US troops into Somalia. On December 9th, the first US Marines land on the beach.

Bush assures the American people and troops involved that this is not an open ended commitment; the objective is to quickly provide a secure environment so that food can get through to the starving Somalis, and then the operation will be turned over to the UN peacekeeping forces. He assures the public that he plans for the troops to be home by Clinton's inauguration in January.

This US-led United Task Force (UNITAF) is dubbed "Operation Restore Hope."

January

Clinton takes over
Clinton, like Bush, is anxious to scale down the American military presence in Somalia and let the United Nations take charge.

March 15 -28

Addis Ababa Accords
The UN organized Conference on National Reconciliation in Somalia, held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, results in a resolution among faction leaders, including Aidid, to end the violence.

May 4

UN takeover; "nation building" (UNOSOM II)
In March, the UN authorizes UNOSOM II, a UN operation with expanded enforcement power, whose mandate stressed "the crucial importance of disarmament" of the Somali people. This UN-led mission was to take over from the US-led UNITAF. The expanded operation's new mission goes beyond simply providing humanitarian relief, calling for the UN to facilitate "nation building," to get Somalia back on its feet by restoring law and order, shoring up the infrastructure, and helping to set up processes for establishing a representative government. By the end of March, 28 different nations send contingents to Somalia in support of the new militarized operation. The US officially hands over the command to the UN on May 4.

While Clinton supported this expansion of the UN's mandate, he simultaneously ordered the number of US troops in Somalia to be reduced and replaced by UN troops. By June, only 1,200 US combat soldiers remained in Somalia, with 3,000 support troops.

June 5

Massacre of Pakistani troops; the hunt for Aidid
During an inspection of a Somali arms weapons storage site, 24 Pakistani soldiers are ambushed and massacred. The next day, the UN Security Council issues an emergency resolution calling for the apprehension of "those responsible" for the massacre. Though Aidid is not specifically named in the resolution, it is, in effect, a call to apprehend him. Twelve days later, Admiral Howe orders Aidid's arrest, offering a $25,000 reward for information leading to his apprehension.

June 8

Special Forces requested
In the aftermath of the June 5 massacre, Admiral Howe first requests a counterterrorist hostage rescue force from Washington because they he they needed more extensive military capability to deal with the escalating violence. No such troops are forthcoming until Task Force Ranger is deployed in August.

June 12-16

Attacks on Aidid's strongholds
US and UN troops begin attacking various targets in Mogadishu associated with Aidid, including a radio station and ammunition depots. The peacekeepers are now at war with Aidid.

July 12

Abdi house attack
In a major escalation, American Cobra helicopters attack a house in south Mogadishu where a group of clan leaders are meeting, destroying the building with TOW missiles and cannon fire and killing a number of Somalis. Four western journalists who had gone to investigate are beaten to death by an angry mob.

July 29

Last sighting of Aidid

August 8

Americans killed by land mines
Four American military police are killed by a remote detonated land mine set off by Somalis. Two weeks later, six more US soldiers are wounded in a similar attack. This gets attention in America, and shortly thereafter, Task Force Ranger is deployed to Somalia.

August 26

US Special Forces arrive in Somalia
US Army Task Force Ranger flies into Mogadishu -- 440 elite troops from Delta Force and the U.S. Rangers. Led by Major General William F. Garrison, their mission is to capture Aidid. They begin pursuing Aidid and his top lieutenants, with sporadic success.

September

Carter negotiating with Aidid
In the midst of the manhunt, the Clinton administration opens a secret initiative to negotiate with Aidid. Former president Jimmy Carter, who had a previous relationship with Aidid, volunteers to act as intermediary. The US military commanders in Mogadishu are not informed about this new initiative.

September

Request for armored reinforcements denied
In a decision that is later highly criticized, US Defense Secretary Les Aspin denies requests from General Montgomery for armored reinforcements, despite support for Montgomery's request from General Colin Powell. Aspin says that he did not want to create the appearance that the US was increasing forces in Somalia at a time when they were trying to reduce military presence. He later concedes,"Had I known at the time what I knew after the events of Sunday, [October 3]. I would have made a very different decision." In December, he is forced to resign.

October 3-4

Firefight
Task Force Ranger's assault on the Olympic Hotel in Mogadishu, in search of Aidid, results in a seventeen hour bloody battle in which 18 US soldiers are killed and 84 are wounded.

October 7

Clinton's response: withdraw troops
President Clinton decides to cut his losses. He sends substantial combat troops as short term reinforcements, but declares that American troops are to be fully withdrawn from Somalia by March 31. The hunt for Aidid is abandoned, and US representatives are sent to resume negotiations with the warlord. Two weeks later, in a letter to President Clinton, General Garrison accepts full responsibility for what happened in the battle.

October 14

Durant released
CWO Mike Durant, who had been taken captive by Aidid's men during the battle, is released along with a Nigerian prisoner.

March 25

Remaining US forces leave Somalia
Approximately 20,000 UN forces remain, composed primarily of Asian and African contingents.

Spring

Final UN withdrawal from Somalia

August 1

Aidid dies
Aidid dies in hospital from bullet wounds received during an outbreak of fighting in Mogadishu.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 07:04:18 PM »
Just providing a comparison.  It doesn't have to be exact.  Clinton lied about much more but I thought I'd keep it just on response to what CJ said.  Don't make it bigger than that because frankly that would be lame.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »
Just providing a comparison.  It doesn't have to be exact.  Clinton lied about much more but I thought I'd keep it just on response to what CJ said.  Don't make it bigger than that because frankly that would be lame.
Bigger than what, I'm just saying there is no relevant comparison.  It would be lame of you to provide Somalia as a comparison to Bush's Iraq... eh... bigtime ;)

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
Bigger than what, I'm just saying there is no relevant comparison.  It would be lame of you to provide Somalia as a comparison to Bush's Iraq... eh... bigtime ;)
The only thing that I said and was responding to CJ was that Clinton went into A COUNTRY under false pretenses.  That is all.  It is a comparison, plain and simple.  In terms of severity, yes they are different but the basic premise is the same.  Posting endless facts about Somolia will not change that.  NOBODY is saying that they are on the exact same level in terms of consequences but the action is the same.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »
September

Request for armored reinforcements denied
In a decision that is later highly criticized, US Defense Secretary Les Aspin denies requests from General Montgomery for armored reinforcements, despite support for Montgomery's request from General Colin Powell. Aspin says that he did not want to create the appearance that the US was increasing forces in Somalia at a time when they were trying to reduce military presence. He later concedes,"Had I known at the time what I knew after the events of Sunday, [October 3]. I would have made a very different decision." In December, he is forced to resign.

October 3-4

Firefight
Task Force Ranger's assault on the Olympic Hotel in Mogadishu, in search of Aidid, results in a seventeen hour bloody battle in which 18 US soldiers are killed and 84 are wounded.

This was just criminal.   >:(  Blood on Aspen's hands.  Clinton's too. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 09:07:15 PM »
on average -today people make way more money now

when you include inflation?  I'm not so sure about that homie.  Proof?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
when you include inflation?  I'm not so sure about that homie.  Proof?

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2006/10/the_average_ame.html

lets not forgit about the recession clinton put us in.. which bush got us out of.. but clinton was so great for our economy ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 09:54:54 PM »
thanks.

can you tell us more about the clinton recession?

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 10:00:15 PM »
thanks.

can you tell us more about the clinton recession?

sure,, what would you like to know

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 04:17:05 AM »
sure,, what would you like to know

what indicators do you use to determine it?  What was DOWN for clinton that BUsh did better?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 06:06:25 AM »
When Clinton was president ...

Gas was between   $1.00  and $1.50 per gallon

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 06:23:33 AM »
Better question: Are you attempting to use wrongdoing where it may exist in the past as a justification for committing wrongdoing in the present? If so, I've got a nice firey place in the lower levels of hell for you ;) Don't worry if it appears a bit hot, I swear the heat is only temporary.  Wow, where will we be in the future when presidents justify their further wrongdoings based on marks sets by Bush  oh boy, we're fucked...
No, what i'm saying is we don't always have to know the truth.  Not all americans have enough balls to deal with the total truth.
Still, years go by, presidency's go by and shucks, we are still a free democratic nation, the greatest nation in history.  so I never complain much, I truly feel like i live in disneyland, felt that way when clinton was president, when reagan was prez, heck, i loved my country and wouldn't leave it even when jimmy carter was president.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 06:26:05 AM »
No, what i'm saying is we don't always have to know the truth.  Not all americans have enough balls to deal with the total truth.
Still, years go by, presidency's go by and shucks, we are still a free democratic nation, the greatest nation in history.  so I never complain much, I truly feel like i live in disneyland, felt that way when clinton was president, when reagan was prez, heck, i loved my country and wouldn't leave it even when jimmy carter was president.

Yes, but if you bash Hilary here, you'll end up in Hilary camps in 2009. A couple of folks here, who are super-duper happy with the Mil Commish act and election fraud are unaware that the Dems can use these tools too.

Once Hilary cheats her way into office then starts locking up every Rush listener, the place should get a little better.  What's wrong, guys?  You were fine with it when the repubs had the power... ;)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 06:53:37 AM »
Yes, but if you bash Hilary here, you'll end up in Hilary camps in 2009. A couple of folks here, who are super-duper happy with the Mil Commish act and election fraud are unaware that the Dems can use these tools too.

Once Hilary cheats her way into office then starts locking up every Rush listener, the place should get a little better.  What's wrong, guys?  You were fine with it when the repubs had the power... ;)

You know you are the only one here i respect......well i love jag but may not respect her, i just wanna sex her.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo