Author Topic: i think i tore my left bicep  (Read 14550 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: i think i tore my left bicep
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »
i ruptured my bicep tendon

surgery is this tuesday
I had a complete bicep rupture.  That's when the bicep rips off the bone completely tearing off the bicep.  It happened to me on the distal (lower) part of the bicep.  See an orthopedic surgeon that specializes in that area.  Don't see an othopedic surgeon that says he does everything from knees, ankles, shoulders and elbows. Jack of all trades isn't who you want to cut you.  Big orthopedic practices will have docs that specialize in every area. He will give you an MRI to help him diagnose.  My bicep rolled up my arm.  He didn't need a MRI to know what happened but he got one anyway.

From what I understand you can actually tear the muscle.  I'm not a doc but from what I understand it's worse to detach it from the anchor points. Muscles attach to to bones on each end.  You could also have a partial tendon tear instead of a complete rupture.  This is an easier repair. 

The doctor said it's best to get it repaired quickly before the tissue has a chance to scar.  I guess for the tissue that attaches to atrophy and die.

The repair was made for me by screwing two metal anchors into the bone and sewing the tendon to it.  In six weeks the tendon will grow and reattach into the bone again. Recovery was very slow for me and it took a lot of work.  Five weeks I couldn't curl a 5lbs pound dumbbell without a lot of pain.  The good news is that the surgery was a complete success in the end. 

I know the bicep isn't a prime mover in benching but it stablizes the tricep.  It also is attached from your shoulder to your forearm. You would be surprised how weak you can get from removing one little muscle group like a biceps. I started benching 45lbs when the cast came off and I could do some movement. My arm wouldn't extend completely for a long time. 

I hope this helps.
thanks
w

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
i ruptured my bicep tendon

surgery is this tuesdaythanks

OMG natural how will you get through without trianing OMG!   How can you afford surgery?  Did you let him know you live in a crappy apartment and have an old car you can't afford thousands of dollars in medical bills?

TEAM Nasser

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »
OMG natural how will you get through without trianing OMG!   How can you afford surgery?  Did you let him know you live in a crappy apartment and have an old car you can't afford thousands of dollars in medical bills?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »
Happens to the best of them, why not ease off the weight there champ and feel the contractions, its not how much you do but how you do it  ;D

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »

i'm sure you like to pat yourself on the back and jack off to that picture disturbia, but I really don't give a shit, anybody can go on that site and put in a submission.

TEAM Nasser

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
i'm sure you like to pat yourself on the back and jack off to that picture disturbia, but I really don't give a shit, anybody can go on that site and put in a submission.

for a guy who doesnt give a shit you SURE were in a panic messaging to alex wondering who got into your account and wanting to delete posts from there

but hey, you dont give a shit  ::) ::) ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »
for a guy who doesnt give a shit you SURE were in a panic messaging to alex wondering who got into your account and wanting to delete posts from there

but hey, you dont give a shit  ::) ::) ::)

NAWWWW he doesn't care lol

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 05:39:03 PM »

They might send you one of these in the mail.

Like they don't have better shit to do than investigate a gimmick  ::)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »
They might send you one of these in the mail.

Like they don't have better shit to do than investigate a gimmick  ::)

LOL
TEAM Nasser