Author Topic: FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER  (Read 10278 times)

Johnny Apollo

FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:16:46 AM »
Christians like to make a claim and then say "Prove me wrong" and then announce victory when the opponent can't disprove their absurd claim. If this logic applies then check this out..

In the beginning there was nothing..BUT the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. The Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM) made the earth and all of the universe. It made humans and it made the mountains and the rivers and the air.
The FSM is completly invisible and impossible to weigh or measure. No one can sense it.
How do I know about it? I have "faith"!

I'm wrong? Really? Prove it! If you can't prove my "faith" wrong then it's right. If you can't disprove this Flying Spaghetti Monster then it must exist! Logically so!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
Re: FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »
Christians like to make a claim and then say "Prove me wrong" and then announce victory when the opponent can't disprove their absurd claim. If this logic applies then check this out..

In the beginning there was nothing..BUT the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER. The Flying Spaghetti Monster(FSM) made the earth and all of the universe. It made humans and it made the mountains and the rivers and the air.
The FSM is completly invisible and impossible to weigh or measure. No one can sense it.

I'm wrong? Really? Prove it! If you can't prove my "faith" wrong then it's right. If you can't disprove this Flying Spaghetti Monster then it must exist! Logically so!

I'll give you credit, that is a great picture ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »
Hmmm.  I guess were all apes then.  That reallly makes sense too. ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »
It's simple Johnny.

You can't explain the color purple to someone who's been blind all their life.

That's why God, and faith doesn't make any sense to you.

Nice picture however.

And well made point.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 09:27:36 PM »
It's simple Johnny.

You can't explain the color purple to someone who's been blind all their life.

That's why God, and faith doesn't make any sense to you.

Nice picture however.

And well made point.

I know where they're coming from. That's why I can point out their absurdity to them.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 03:10:15 PM »
I know where they're coming from. That's why I can point out their absurdity to them.

No you don't.  Not even close.  You have no clue.

All you know is the contradictions, non-facts and all the other things you use to describe religion.

Until you have a personal spiritual experience you will never ever know. 

That's why no one can describe the color purple to you.

I'm not saying every religious person has had one.  I'm very sure it's a small percentage.

When i was going to church 2/week years ago my friend would say i should be happy "God found" me.  I thought that was stupid becuase i thought people should be finding God, becuase he is always there.  I now know exactly what he meant.

Sorry. 

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 05:10:00 PM »
No you don't.  Not even close.  You have no clue.

All you know is the contradictions, non-facts and all the other things you use to describe religion.

That's why no one can describe the color purple to you.

I'm not saying every religious person has had one.  I'm very sure it's a small percentage.

When i was going to church 2/week years ago my friend would say i should be happy "God found" me.  I thought that was stupid becuase i thought people should be finding God, becuase he is always there.  I now know exactly what he meant.

Sorry. 

Do your research. I've already said numerous times I used to be a Christian.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 05:57:12 PM »
I'm not saying every religious person has had one.  I'm very sure it's a small percentage

AND YOU SAID...

Do your research. I've already said numerous times I used to be a Christian.

Ok i'll try and clear it up and make a simple point more simple for you to understand.

Just because you use to be a christian doesn't mean you had a spiritual experience.

I'm sure a very small percentage ever had one. 

Just beucase you study religion, or go to church doesn't mean you have had a personal spiritual experience.

Just beucase you study religion, or go to church doesn't constitute a personal spiritual experience.

Why are you so f-ing dense?

Seriously,  I'm not kidding around.

WHY?

Bast175

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 06:00:55 PM »
What is 'spritual experience'?

do you mean sex with priests?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 06:09:23 PM »
lol

Get in line behind Johnny.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 06:12:22 PM »
Hallucinations,Delusions,Euphoria..Caused by excessive amounts of dopamine in your brain.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
Now how did i know you say something like that?

I just figured you'd say it without me having to further simplify it for you.

You can't describe the color purple to someone who's been blind all there life.

But you can explain how the rainbow works (color spectrum)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »

Consider yourself very fortunate. Can you elaborate?

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 10:03:17 AM »

Jah Pastafari

so Johnny have you had an experience that would be considered to be supernatural by most?  If so then you have had a religious experience, if not then you were just socialized to be religious.  There is a difference.

-sS

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 02:53:40 PM »
Consider yourself very fortunate. Can you elaborate?

I'm not trying to give an excuse, but it's a real personal thing.  Not something I'd throw up in a forum.  But if i knew you and we were friends I'd have no problem telling you.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 12:21:26 AM »
Jah Pastafari

so Johnny have you had an experience that would be considered to be supernatural by most?  If so then you have had a religious experience, if not then you were just socialized to be religious.  There is a difference.

-sS

I've never had a Christian Spiritual experience. When I was a Christian I was a child and simply believed the gibberish in the bible.

Comparable to Spiritual experiences is..

-Exercising
-Listening to music
-Doing what you enjoy
-Meditating

Ect.

Reliese of endorphins and dopamine and other "feel good chemicals"

I've never had a "Spiritual experience" but many things I do mimic that.

People listen to different music depending on how it makes them feel. They do this or that on how it makes them feel. Many choose what they BELIEVE in(bad choice) based on how it makes them feel.

Belief in Jesus and God makes them feel good and comfortable. They can't defend their belieifs logically(As i've demonstrated). They belief because it makes them feel good.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006, 06:38:45 AM »

I've never had a Christian Spiritual experience. When I was a Christian I was a child and simply believed the gibberish in the bible.

Comparable to Spiritual experiences is..

-Exercising
-Listening to music
-Doing what you enjoy
-Meditating

Ect.

Reliese of endorphins and dopamine and other "feel good chemicals"

I've never had a "Spiritual experience" but many things I do mimic that.

People listen to different music depending on how it makes them feel. They do this or that on how it makes them feel. Many choose what they BELIEVE in(bad choice) based on how it makes them feel.

Belief in Jesus and God makes them feel good and comfortable. They can't defend their belieifs logically(As i've demonstrated). They belief because it makes them feel good.

ok so you've never had a supernatural experience, so it makes sense for you to be an atheist.  I'm not talking about light some candles and soak in a bubble bath spiritual btw.  I mean full blown direct connect to the diety / dimmension of your choice.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 06:48:18 AM »
ok so you've never had a supernatural experience, so it makes sense for you to be an atheist.  I'm not talking about light some candles and soak in a bubble bath spiritual btw.  I mean full blown direct connect to the diety / dimmension of your choice.

You've got it all wrong.

I have never had any "Supernatural experiences" BECAUSE i'm an atheist...Not the other way around.

Let's get a few things straight here..."Supernatural experience" doesn't mean "Spiritual experience". Supernatural experience would be seeing a Bigfoot or aliens or something crazy like that. Spirtual experience is the euphoric feeling religious people get when they meditate(Buddhists) or pray(Christians).

I have never had a "Supernatural" experience because 1.I don't make shit up. and 2.I'm a critical thinker so I can explain what I see without resorting to supernatural explanations.

I have never had a "Spiritual experience" since i'm simply not religious. Simple as that. I have compairable experiences but none that are "spiritual" since inorder for it to be a "Spirtual experience" it'd have to be caused by spiritual acts..I.E. praying or buddhist chanting or something else.

My advice to people who have these experiences where they literally see Jesus or God or Buddha or whatever else....

1.Check to see if your friends or family are putting LSD into your mouth at night or into your drinks.

2.Check to make sure your house isn't leaking some toxic chemicals.

3.If 1 and 2 are checked and negative..Then seek psychiatric help ASAP. You are having delusional episodes along with hallucinations.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006, 06:55:35 AM »

You've got it all wrong.

I have never had any "Supernatural experiences" BECAUSE i'm an atheist...Not the other way around.

Let's get a few things straight here..."Supernatural experience" doesn't mean "Spiritual experience". Supernatural experience would be seeing a Bigfoot or aliens or something crazy like that. Spirtual experience is the euphoric feeling religious people get when they meditate(Buddhists) or pray(Christians).

I have never had a "Supernatural" experience because 1.I don't make shit up. and 2.I'm a critical thinker so I can explain what I see without resorting to supernatural explanations.

I have never had a "Spiritual experience" since i'm simply not religious. Simple as that. I have compairable experiences but none that are "spiritual" since inorder for it to be a "Spirtual experience" it'd have to be caused by spiritual acts..I.E. praying or buddhist chanting or something else.

My advice to people who have these experiences where they literally see Jesus or God or Buddha or whatever else....

1.Check to see if your friends or family are putting LSD into your mouth at night or into your drinks.

2.Check to make sure your house isn't leaking some toxic chemicals.

3.If 1 and 2 are checked and negative..Then seek psychiatric help ASAP. You are having delusional episodes along with hallucinations.

As usual we are in agreement.

One thing though, I think you should just go with it the next time your relatives try to slip LSD in your drinks. 

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006, 06:57:17 AM »
As usual we are in agreement.

One thing though, I think you should just go with it the next time your relatives try to slip LSD in your drinks. 

LSD is near impossible to find.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 07:11:17 AM »

LSD is near impossible to find.

well .015 mg of LSD will be legal to possess in mexico in 3-4 months so maybe you will find some.  God is patient, he will wait.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
well .015 mg of LSD will be legal to possess in mexico in 3-4 months so maybe you will find some.  God is patient, he will wait.

The President of Mexico decided not to sign that law.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 07:37:46 AM »
oh shit

there we go fucking up the world again

I bet he was able to extract some good concessions from us in return for that favor.

Ok I will check for links

btw what do you think of www.simulation-argument.com ?