Author Topic: team jesus  (Read 7213 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
team jesus
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:21:10 PM »
are we Christian or Catholic  ???

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: team jesus
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:04 PM »
Christian.  Catholics started or supported, every war and each side said they were on gods side...its ridiculous.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:47 PM »
WOW the mods are fast!! 8)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:29:58 PM »
are we Christian or Catholic  ???

Catholics are Christians. I'm non-denominational.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »
Catholics are Christians. I'm non-denominational.

If you belive in Christ, you are Christian.......Their are good and bad tho.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:03:32 PM »
who all is a part of this team on here?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »
who all is a part of this team on here?

We all are. If you aren't, you are empty.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 12:02:51 PM »
We all are. If you aren't, you are empty.

Excellent point, thisiskeith12. If you have to ask, you are probably not a member yet :-\

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
well i am more spiritual than religous.  Believe in God etc, but don't follow a specific religous doctrine.

flutterby me

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 03:16:37 AM »
TEAM JESUS????..........OH FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!.......IF JESUS IS SO GOOD.....HOW COME IT TAKES A WHOLE TEAM OF YA TO "SPREAD THE WORD"????
i'll spread my wings

thisiskeith12

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »
TEAM JESUS????..........OH FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!.......IF JESUS IS SO GOOD.....HOW COME IT TAKES A WHOLE TEAM OF YA TO "SPREAD THE WORD"????

People can make a difference

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 01:58:51 PM »

He used disciples and apostles in his ministry in his day.  Its still a great privilege to spread the word. ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 02:18:12 PM »
Catholics are Christians.

I can't agree w/this statement as a blanket statement.

There ARE Catholics who are Christians, just as there are Methodists who are Christians, etc.

But not ALL Catholics are Christians (same w/Methodists etc).

If someone is depending on Catholic tradition (confessing to a priest, last rites, praying to Mary [a dead person]) or affiliation to "get them into heaven," they're not Christian.

Christians are those who believe they need a savior and have accepted such in Jesus Christ.

NO rituals or traditions needed!  Only Jesus :D
R

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 01:00:14 AM »
Stella....Now you're erasing my pictures that AREN'T nudity but that you simply don't like???

::)

You erased my Jesus Picture!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 08:54:11 AM »
I can't agree w/this statement as a blanket statement.

There ARE Catholics who are Christians, just as there are Methodists who are Christians, etc.

But not ALL Catholics are Christians (same w/Methodists etc).

If someone is depending on Catholic tradition (confessing to a priest, last rites, praying to Mary [a dead person]) or affiliation to "get them into heaven," they're not Christian.

Christians are those who believe they need a savior and have accepted such in Jesus Christ.

NO rituals or traditions needed!  Only Jesus :D

Very True. ;)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »
lay off the Catholic bashing, will ya.

Valhalla awaits.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 05:49:35 AM »
Stella....Now you're erasing my pictures that AREN'T nudity but that you simply don't like???

::)

You erased my Jesus Picture!

You're obviously a smart guy, but your sig should say "may have" and not "may of".

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »

NO rituals or traditions needed!  Only Jesus

Does that include baptist in christian chruches?  They seemed pretty ritualistic to me (having been baptise as an adult in one).

How about the symbolic gesture of taking communion?  Also ritualistic.  (catholics beileve the bread IS Jesus, Christians believe it symbolizes the act)

I was told by a Chirstian Bible literalist that what makes you a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross so that your entrance into heaven is guaranteed if you believe he did that for that reason.

If i remember it right the reasoning is this:  We were born with sin.  A because of this we cannot live without sin. (from the mouths of babes comes lies) Therefore we cannot make it to heaven.  Before Christ, once a year the Jews would sacrifice a lamb to "cleanse" themselves.  I forgot the name of the ritual.  Jesus sacraficed himself to wash away (cleanse) our sins.  So by accepting him as our savior our sins are washed away.

What always bothered me was when they pastor or minister would claim that with out accepting Jesus you were certain not to get into heaven.  I always wondered about the other 5 billion people on earth, and why they already were dammed to hell so to speak. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 12:37:25 PM »
lay off the Catholic bashing, will ya.

Sorry Cavalier, didn't mean to bash you.  Just stating that it's faith through grace and not of works (or traditions).  There ARE Catholic Christians too. :)

I was told by a Chirstian Bible literalist that what makes you a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross so that your entrance into heaven is guaranteed if you believe he did that for that reason.

Jesus sacraficed himself to wash away (cleanse) our sins.  So by accepting him as our savior our sins are washed away.

Yes.  I agree w/this.

As for the other traditions/rituals/etc......  Some are biblical (baptism, communion, etc), and some are not (confessing to a priest, praying to dead people, etc). 

Either way, no traditions or rituals give you the free gift of forgiveness.  Only Jesus can do that.

R

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
OZ,    Yes there are maybe 5 billion people who have not heard the truth of the coming kingdom.  They will be accounted for, and it will not be held against them in the next life.  Acts 24:15 is the scripture to show this.   These unrightous ones are people that had good hearts and maybe searched for truth but were dismayed or stumbled.  2 peter 3:9 says God wants none to be destroyed.