Author Topic: The bird has always been just that....A Bird!  (Read 21255 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The bird has always been just that....A Bird!
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 10:46:40 AM »
Okay.  So I decided to educate myself by clicking on a link.  Just so happened to be the link that started this thread.  As it turns out, a bird has always been a bird (just like Colossus said).  Go figure:

A recent CNN.com story says “the new fossils demonstrate that Gansus clearly is a bird . . . . the oldest example of the nearly modern birds, . . . .similar to loons or diving ducks” (CNN.com 2006). With such repeated graphic descriptions, there seems to be no reason to claim this bird is a “missing link.” National Geographic.com crows that Gansus “is strikingly similar to today's birds, considering that it lived alongside dinosaurs” (Norris 2006). Indeed, a majority of evolutionists maintain birds evolved from dinosaurs and today, are dinosaurs: "So, in fact, birds are not some separate biological entity, distinct and apart from 'reptiles.' Birds are dinosaurs" (Fastovsky & Weishample 1996).

But this fossil discovery shows these birds “lived alongside dinosaurs” supporting not Darwinism, but the creation model that states dinosaurs have always been dinosaurs and birds have always been birds. According to creationism, finding the two groups together is natural and to be expected.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »
Wow, no kidding a bird has always been a bird. What else could it have been? By definition if a bird evolved from another taxa, its ancestors would not have been birds. I already explained this very simple concept to you but you seem to have trouble grasping it. Go figure.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »
Wow, no kidding a bird has always been a bird. What else could it have been? By definition if a bird evolved from another taxa, its ancestors would not have been birds. I already explained this very simple concept to you but you seem to have trouble grasping it. Go figure.

Is this like a trick question?  It SHOULD have been some other species.  Where is the fossil record of whatever the bird evolved from?

Martin1981

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2006, 07:15:28 PM »
You guys must really miss those times when earth was the centre of the universe...

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 10:14:31 PM »
They believe this happened instead of evolution   ::) ::) ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 10:48:57 AM »

Cool picture.  Love it!   :)  Hey here is a secret:  I still color things like this in coloring books.  I'm pretty good too.  Don't tell anyone.   :)

Martin1981

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:49 AM »

lmao

Actually, they're still fighting this whole "gravity" concept...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 06:26:09 AM »
Quote from: NeoSeminole

Such a simple picture, yet very cumbersome for some to understand.  Cool Pic, Neo.  ;D

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 11:16:49 AM »
Would it really make much of difference what happened?

If there was a worldwide flood that killed everything or not, it doesn't prove or disprove the exsistence of god.

If they find the ark it won't do anything other than ad credibility to the many flood myths in our world.

What does it matter if birds were created or they evolved?

In the grand scheme of things God would still exsist either way.

What does it matter if the BIble is 100% true or not?

God's exsistence is not based on the BIble.

What matters is what we do with our lives right now.  That's what we wll hold ourselves accountable for when we die.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 11:34:30 AM »

If there was a worldwide flood that killed everything or not, it doesn't prove or disprove the exsistence of god.

If they find the ark it won't do anything other than ad credibility to the many flood myths in our world.

What matters is what we do with our lives right now.  That's what we wll hold ourselves accountable for when we die.

Truth is true--even when no one knows it.
Truth is true--even if no one admits it.
Truth is true--even if no one agrees with what it is.
Truth is true--even if no one follows it.
Truth is true--even if no one but God grasps it fully.

from the book "True for You, but Not for Me" (Paul Copan)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 11:55:51 AM »

Ozmo I debate these things not necessarily because creation proves the existence of God (although I think it does), but mainly because I like to point out the major flaws in the evolution theory.  From a purely common sense standpoint, the evolution theory doesn't work.  Parts of it I understand, but parts are just bizarre.  You could say the same about creation.

Also, it is hard to spend time outdoors and not see God's hand in the environment, particularly in Hawaii. 

But at the end of the day, I don't lose any sleep over evolution v. creation.  People will believe what they want, and rarely change their minds during arguments.  It's just fun to talk about.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:59 PM »
Ozmo I debate these things not necessarily because creation proves the existence of God (although I think it does), but mainly because I like to point out the major flaws in the evolution theory.  From a purely common sense standpoint, the evolution theory doesn't work.  Parts of it I understand, but parts are just bizarre.  You could say the same about creation.

Also, it is hard to spend time outdoors and not see God's hand in the environment, particularly in Hawaii. 

But at the end of the day, I don't lose any sleep over evolution v. creation.  People will believe what they want, and rarely change their minds during arguments.  It's just fun to talk about.   

I agree....  again!  arrrgh!   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 12:07:59 PM »

I agree....  again!  arrrgh!   ;D

lol.  Hey you know what they say about great minds.   ;D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 11:32:43 PM »
Ozmo I debate these things not necessarily because creation proves the existence of God (although I think it does), but mainly because I like to point out the major flaws in the evolution theory.  From a purely common sense standpoint, the evolution theory doesn't work.

If you can disprove evolution, then please do. I guarantee you would win a nobel prize for your efforts. All you have to do is send a letter explaining why evolution is wrong to the National Academy of Sciences. Here is their address:

National Academy of Sciences
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001

Good luck! ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:34 AM »
More blue pills more blue pills.... AHHHHHhhhhh.... Better......

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 09:43:29 AM »
If you can disprove evolution, then please do. I guarantee you would win a nobel prize for your efforts. All you have to do is send a letter explaining why evolution is wrong to the National Academy of Sciences. Here is their address:

National Academy of Sciences
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001

Good luck! ;D

I see.  I need to disprove a THEORY.  Riiiiiight.   ::)  I guess if you can prove this THEORY, you'll win a nobel prize too, no? 

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »
a scientific theory can never be proven. It can only be disproven. When there is sufficient evidence to support a theory, it becomes accepted as "truth." Gravity is also scientific theory. I don't have to defend evolution b/c it has already been done by thousands of scientists. Evolution is still standing after all these years. If you think you can disprove evolution, then all you have to do is submit your evidence to The National Academy of Sciences. Now get to work!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 12:42:11 PM »
a scientific theory can never be proven. It can only be disproven. When there is sufficient evidence to support a theory, it becomes accepted as "truth." Gravity is also scientific theory. I don't have to defend evolution b/c it has already been done by thousands of scientists. Evolution is still standing after all these years. If you think you can disprove evolution, then all you have to do is submit your evidence to The National Academy of Sciences. Now get to work!

I disagree.  Of course theories can be proved.  But what I refuse to do is attempt to disprove a theory that has never been completely validated.  That's impossible.  It's a theory to begin with because it hasn't been proved.  What you're asking me to do makes no sense.  What evolutionists need to do is prove to me that life evolved from a single cell creature, that these cells developed into animal species, that each species then evolved from one species into another, and that there is an abundance of proof of this in the fossil record.  Until then, I don't need to do anything except continue to throw darts at this science fiction story.  I'll just maintain my belief in the creation story . . . even though that too sounds like a fairy tale. 

Hey did you know Noah was about 500 years old when he fathered his kids?  He was a pure stud.   ;D 

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 12:55:27 PM »
You make this easy for me.

I disagree.  Of course theories can be proved.

Not really

But what I refuse to do is attempt to disprove a theory that has never been completely validated.  That's impossible.  It's a theory to begin with because it hasn't been proved.

By definition, a scientific theory can never be proven. Gravity is also a scientific theory. I suppose you don't believe in gravity either b/c it "hasn't been proved." ::)

What you're asking me to do makes no sense.  What evolutionists need to do is prove to me that life evolved from a single cell creature, that these cells developed into animal species, that each species then evolved from one species into another, and that there is an abundance of proof of this in the fossil record.  Until then, I don't need to do anything except continue to throw darts at this science fiction story.  I'll just maintain my belief in the creation story . . . even though that too sounds like a fairy tale. 

In time, scientists might be able to explain how life evolved from a single cell creature. You assume lack of evidence is proof evolution does not occur. New transitional fossils are being discovered every year that shed new light on evolution. We already have a clear picture of human evolution. You like to talk a lot of sh*t about how you can disprove evolution yet when I present with an opportunity to win a Nobel Prize, you run away like a coward.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »
You make this easy for me.

Not really

By definition, a scientific theory can never be proven. Gravity is also a scientific theory. I suppose you don't believe in gravity either b/c it "hasn't been proved." ::)

In time, scientists might be able to explain how life evolved from a single cell creature. You assume lack of evidence is proof evolution does not occur. New transitional fossils are being discovered every year that shed new light on evolution. We already have a clear picture of human evolution. You like to talk a lot of sh*t about how you can disprove evolution yet when I present with an opportunity to win a Nobel Prize, you run away like a coward.

Are you Johnny?  You are starting to sound like him with his snibbling personal jabs like:  "You like to talk a lot of sh*t about how you can disprove evolution yet when I present with an opportunity to win a Nobel Prize, you run away like a coward." 

Have a discussion like an adult.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2006, 01:28:47 PM »
Are you Johnny?  You are starting to sound like him with his snibbling personal jabs like:  "You like to talk a lot of sh*t about how you can disprove evolution yet when I present with an opportunity to win a Nobel Prize, you run away like a coward." 

Have a discussion like an adult.

Ding!   ;D 

I never said I could disprove evolution.  I said evolution hasn't been proved. 

Speaking of cowards, where is that yellow bellied JA, since he obviously didn't die in a car crash?   :-\

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »
I never said I could disprove evolution.  I said evolution hasn't been proved.

I already told you a scientific theory cannot be proven. Here is an entry from wikipedia, which offers a simple explanation that hopefully you may comprehend:

"In science, a theory is a proposed description, explanation, or model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation. It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theory which explains why the apple behaves so is the current theory of gravitation."

You are being deceitful everytime you say evolution hasn't been proven. Any scientist will tell you "duh." Gravity is also a scientific theory. Do you mean to tell me you don't believe in gravity b/c it hasn't been proven?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2006, 02:06:57 PM »
I already told you a scientific theory cannot be proven. Here is an entry from wikipedia, which offers a simple explanation that hopefully you may comprehend:

"In science, a theory is a proposed description, explanation, or model of the manner of interaction of a set of natural phenomena, capable of predicting future occurrences or observations of the same kind, and capable of being tested through experiment or otherwise falsified through empirical observation. It follows from this that for scientists "theory" and "fact" do not necessarily stand in opposition. For example, it is a fact that an apple dropped on earth has been observed to fall towards the center of the planet, and the theory which explains why the apple behaves so is the current theory of gravitation."

You are being deceitful everytime you say evolution hasn't been proven. Any scientist will tell you "duh." Gravity is also a scientific theory. Do you mean to tell me you don't believe in gravity b/c it hasn't been proven?

Gravity and evolution are 2 different things.  Just becuase gravity and evolution are a theories doesn't mean if you beileve in one you have to believe in the other or vise versa. 

BTw gravity is easy to prove...  just just off a 10 story building.

I'm starting to think you are Johnny.

W/B.  It was better with you here. 

P.S. the religous boards didn't die  ;D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2006, 02:32:57 PM »
The reason I mentioned gravity is b/c it's a scientific theory like evolution. Bum keeps saying evolution cannot be proven. By definition, a scientific theory can never be proven but it can be disproven. His comment reflects a gross misunderstanding of what a scientific theory is. As for your statement, jumping off a 10 story builiding would support gravity. It wouldn't prove it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2006, 02:46:37 PM »

I'm being deceitful?  Me and millions of others who don't buy this theory I guess.

I'm not talking about gravity.  I'm talking about the holes in this theory that make it unbelievable to me.  The origin of life and evolution of species can't be reproduced and has no support in the fossil record.  Nothing "deceitful" about that.