Author Topic: Frank Zane was a small bodybuilder  (Read 21373 times)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
Re: Zane was small
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
The last time I checked, a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weight the same.    ;)
^^
I never said pound for pound, I was referring to the fact a smaller than Joe Weider Zane, would actually weight much more...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
the ones who think zane was small are disturbingly delusional.

True he took his physique to the max for his structure it's genes like my wrist is twice as big as my cousin's which I train and arms twice his size. Zane = a great physique for the his structure.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
Zane was probably very impressive in person......pictures don't always do justice.

imho

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
True he took his physique to the max for his structure it's genes like my wrist is twice as big as my cousin's which I train and arms twice his size. Zane = a great physique for the his structure.

If someone's bone in their arm is half and inch thicker then its not extra muscle, just the bone really.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
If someone's bone in their arm is half and inch thicker then its not extra muscle, just the bone really.
Well possibly but say Sergio Oliva. I bet his wrist was bigger than mine so easier to increase bicep size because the bone size adds to the overall arm size. Just saying.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
Well possibly but say Sergio Oliva. I bet his wrist was bigger than mine so easier to increase bicep size because the bone size adds to the overall arm size. Just saying.

it's easier to increase muscle size if you have thicker bones/joints coz these thicker bones/joints can better take the strain of very heavy training loads

ukjeff

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 03:05:20 PM »
it's easier to increase muscle size if you have thicker bones/joints coz these thicker bones/joints can better take the strain of very heavy training loads
You build more muscle with mid rep range rather than heavy weights so joint size doesnt really matter, apart from the fact you look much bigger when you have small joints.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
bone size is important for WSM competitors, bbers not so much

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »

I don't have a big bone structure and have never had a problem with strength.

I think it might have to do with bone density, if the bones are strong. I'm not sure if all bones which are the same size weigh the same, that it depends on their density.

There's even a condition which some people have were their bones are super-dense and adds a lot of weight to the scale even though they're not big.

ukjeff

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
bone size is important for WSM competitors, bbers not so much
Correct, its big bones and tendon strength for WMS.
Strip the fat off the WSM guys and 90% of them wouldnt have that much muscle.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
I don't have a big bone structure and have never had a problem with strength.

I think it might have to do with bone density, if the bones are strong. I'm not sure if all bones which are the same size weigh the same, that it depends on their density.

There's even a condition which some people have were their bones are super-dense and adds a lot of weight to the scale even though they're not big.
big bone structure definitely enhances strength

you may be strong

but not as strong as "big farm boy" type guys

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »
You build more muscle with mid rep range rather than heavy weights so joint size doesnt really matter, apart from the fact you look much bigger when you have small joints.

what do you mean by mid rep range?

and do you really think that one can build bigger muscles without increasing their training loads?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »
Gayer then wrapping your arm around a guys waist to take a pic

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 03:58:06 PM »
I have to say, Zane doesn't get his props around here. I would rather look like him than any of today's current crop. That black and white vacuum shot has to be one of the most iconic bbing poses (and pic). Right up there with Arnold's twisting one arm shot, and Sergio's Victory pose.

ukjeff

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 04:08:06 PM »
what do you mean by mid rep range?
8-15

and do you really think that one can build bigger muscles without increasing their training loads?
Yes, you can vary the exercises and pre-exhaust muscles with different movements and increase muscle size.
You can do drop sets giant sets all without adding loads of weight.
Adding weight gradually works as well, but it isnt the only way.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
Zane couldn't turn pro today, no way possible. Arthur Jones says he was close to 170 lbs and after Zane lied about his weight and refused to get on a scale. Also wouldn't let his arm be measured when Jones taped a much larger Viator's arm.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »
8-15
Yes, you can vary the exercises and pre-exhaust muscles with different movements and increase muscle size.
You can do drop sets giant sets all without adding loads of weight.
Adding weight gradually works as well, but it isnt the only way.

yeah, but even if you do those advanced techniques you still gotta add weight to the bar to get bigger

and 15 reps on upper? i wish i could make gains doing that many reps on upper...

ukjeff

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
Zane couldn't turn pro today, no way possible.
And thats a bad thing because?
Todays pro bodybuilders look a fuckin mess.

Arthur Jones says he was close to 170 lbs and after Zane lied about his weight and refused to get on a scale. Also wouldn't let his arm be measured when Jones taped a much larger Viator's arm.
Who cares what a tape measure says?
Zane was a three time MrO Casey won none

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »

wish i could think that way

i'm now trying to get ripped and i'm nearly fucking obsessed with getting my waist down to 28.5 inches and my ab skinfold down to 4-5 mm

ukjeff

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 04:32:38 PM »
yeah, but even if you do those advanced techniques you still gotta add weight to the bar to get bigger
I use pretty much the same weights each session, I occasionally go a bit heavier, but I push the muscle to failure on the last couple of sets of an excercise.
Oh and Im still gaining at 47.
and 15 reps on upper? i wish i could make gains doing that many reps on upper...
15 isnt a lot of reps, I go over way over that on certain exercises.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 04:32:50 PM »
And thats a bad thing because?
Todays pro bodybuilders look a fuckin mess.
Exactly the mirror don't lie, do they measure on stage ie no.

ukjeff

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »
i'm now trying to get ripped and i'm nearly fucking obsessed with getting my waist down to 28.5 inches and my ab skinfold down to 4-5 mm
If you look good then you look good, fuck the measurements

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
If you look good then you look good, fuck the measurements

Exactly the mirror don't lie, do they measure on stage ie no.

thanks dudes, but it ain't so easy to do since our society is focused on numbers...

oh well, fuck it! i don't like listening to what society tries to tell me anyways ;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 04:44:51 PM »
Zane couldn't turn pro today, no way possible. Arthur Jones says he was close to 170 lbs and after Zane lied about his weight and refused to get on a scale. Also wouldn't let his arm be measured when Jones taped a much larger Viator's arm.
casey was one hell of a bber.......very impressive physique no doubt about it......zane was not 170......could care less what arthur jones said.....jones made many insane statements.......zane won three sandows.....period paragraph......jones was a blow hard.....casey was a guy that got away from arthur in later years......i don't think casey fully believed what jones was preaching.....just my 2 cents.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 12:20:38 AM »
so what if zanes arms arent todays pro material?

lets say his arms were 17inches in contest condition.

now surely theres alot of fatsos here who have "bigger" arms than that, like a bloofy fat 18inch arm of dbol bloat,and theyre sitting at 20% bodyfat and are heavier than zane at 5%.

they now think "if i lean down, id be bigger than him".

well, if its so easy, go ahead and do that.

i trained for a decade,on and off gear and pound per pound, inch for inch height, i dont match zane yet.

and that only size, lets not even mention his flawless lines and 1 in a million bone structure.

guess what, shawn rays arms have been 18 inches.thats from his own mouth.

was he small?

Exactly

If its so easy to look like King Zane, then fucking do it...

THREE times MR OLYMPIA. Viator may have had great 19" arms, but that didn't get him a sandow. Even Jones, who I'm conviced was either mentally ill, drug abuser or both, would've understood that.
By the way, as posted earlier, the refusal to measure arms when compared to Viator, may have been Franco...? Franco had < 17" arms in contest shape. All that was related about that story was "a mr olympia winner with very defined but obviously much smaller arms". Doesn't mean it was Zane. Couldve been Dickerson or Franco. At time of that writing maybe Bannout... People that only know "that swimmer Zane" as some small guy from the B&W days, may assume Zane, but Zane while being no monster wasn't small.

Regarding Ray, he had perfect insertion points and attachments, bicep and tricep wise, plus forearms that matched. His 18" arms looked like 20"