Author Topic: All things "Birther" Thread  (Read 332371 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: All things "Birther" Thread
« Reply #1125 on: April 21, 2011, 09:01:05 AM »
Seinfeld cancels on Trump after Obama comments
CNN Entertainment ^ | April 21, 2011

Donald Trump's "birther" comments are no joke for Jerry Seinfeld.

The 56-year-old comedian has canceled his appearance at a benefit for Donald Trump’s Eric Trump Foundation because the real estate mogul has been questioning whether President Obama was born in America.

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Seinfeld was expected to attend the September 13 event benefiting St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, but his rep tells CNN that Seinfeld has indeed pulled out of the engagement because of the remarks Trump has been making about the President.

Trump responded to Seinfeld’s move with a letter, writing, "I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity, The Eric Trump Foundation, which benefits the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (children with cancer) because of the fact that you think I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader - just look at Libya, our economy, gas, food, and clothing prices and maybe you will understand what is going on!"

It’s not so much that Seinfeld pulled out of the benefit, Trump goes on, although “the children of St. Jude are very disappointed" and "Bret Michaels, disgusted by what happened, is taking over."

"What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible,” Trump wrote. “Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."

Seinfeld had agreed to do the benefit back in January, but according to his manager, he became “increasingly uncomfortable” with Trump’s questioning of Obama’s citizenship.....

(Excerpt) Read more at marquee.blogs.cnn.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _____________

Typical.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1126 on: April 21, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
weird... trump insults the legitimacy of our commander in chief during wartime, and a patriotic american like seinfeld steers clear.

;D

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #1127 on: April 21, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
Cue 333's nonsense about liberal jews and seinfeld being one of them.     ::)

Seinfeld doesn't want to be associated with a nut job which is what Trump is.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1128 on: April 21, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
Cue 333's nonsense about liberal jews and seinfeld being one of them.     ::)

Seinfeld doesn't want to be associated with a nut job which is what Trump is.

I know and deal with more liberal, guilt ridden, annoying, weak, disgusting, communist piece of shit liberal jews before 10 am each day than you will in a life time.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #1129 on: April 21, 2011, 11:11:45 AM »
I know and deal with more liberal, guilt ridden, annoying, weak, disgusting, communist piece of shit liberal jews before 10 am each day than you will in a life time.    

and exactly why are Jews guilt-ridden???..explain

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1130 on: April 21, 2011, 11:13:27 AM »
and exactly why are Hews guilt-ridden???..explain

And they are apparently very weak and communist as well.

333 would you describe their political leanings as liberal?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1131 on: April 21, 2011, 11:21:08 AM »
And they are apparently very weak and communist as well.

333 would you describe their political leanings as liberal?

Communist

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1132 on: April 21, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
Communist

So they both liberal and communist.

Gotcha.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1133 on: April 21, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »
So they both liberal and communist.

Gotcha.

Yes.  Think the following: 

Carl levin
Jerrold Nadler
Barney Frank
Barbara Boxer
Wasserman Schultz
Gary Ackerman
Anthony Wiener
Charles Schumer
Diane Fianstein

etc etc etc etc.         

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1134 on: April 21, 2011, 11:34:26 AM »
Yes.  Think the following: 

Carl levin
Jerrold Nadler
Barney Frank
Barbara Boxer
Wasserman Schultz
Gary Ackerman
Anthony Wiener
Charles Schumer
Diane Fianstein

etc etc etc etc.         

Sounds like all the communist jewish populace hangs out in NY.

The Jewish population in LA seem to be more conservative.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1135 on: April 21, 2011, 12:27:15 PM »
Seinfeld cancels on Trump after Obama comments
CNN Entertainment ^ | April 21, 2011

Donald Trump's "birther" comments are no joke for Jerry Seinfeld.

The 56-year-old comedian has canceled his appearance at a benefit for Donald Trump’s Eric Trump Foundation because the real estate mogul has been questioning whether President Obama was born in America.

(VIDEO AT LINK)

Seinfeld was expected to attend the September 13 event benefiting St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, but his rep tells CNN that Seinfeld has indeed pulled out of the engagement because of the remarks Trump has been making about the President.

Trump responded to Seinfeld’s move with a letter, writing, "I just learned you canceled a show for my son's charity, The Eric Trump Foundation, which benefits the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital (children with cancer) because of the fact that you think I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader - just look at Libya, our economy, gas, food, and clothing prices and maybe you will understand what is going on!"

It’s not so much that Seinfeld pulled out of the benefit, Trump goes on, although “the children of St. Jude are very disappointed" and "Bret Michaels, disgusted by what happened, is taking over."

"What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref,' even though I thought it was absolutely terrible,” Trump wrote. “Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you canceled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did."

Seinfeld had agreed to do the benefit back in January, but according to his manager, he became “increasingly uncomfortable” with Trump’s questioning of Obama’s citizenship.....

(Excerpt) Read more at marquee.blogs.cnn.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _____________

Typical.   

This does not make Trump look good.  If he was just Trump the private citizen, I'm o.k. with this.  But Trump the leader of the free world, commander in chief, etc.?  Not if he is acting like this. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #1136 on: April 21, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
This does not make Trump look good.  If he was just Trump the private citizen, I'm o.k. with this.  But Trump the leader of the free world, commander in chief, etc.?  Not if he is acting like this. 

Why even mention Television shit. :/

Not keeping your eye on the prize.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1137 on: April 21, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »
So to be clear -

Trump, now facing tough Qs in interviews (softball time is over), looking very unsure with Qs about actual issues...

Trump, now facing criticism from RINOs and tea partiers alike...

Trump, now being ostracized by those in his industry because of his outlier beliefs...

Trump suddenly realizes his 15 minutes are almost up - he jumped the shark a little soon - has decided he'll change the subject from birtherism to a feud with Seinfeld.

Sorry, I hope Jerry doesn't "swing down" to the level of this attention whore leech trump.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1138 on: April 22, 2011, 06:00:21 AM »
So to be clear -

Trump, now facing tough Qs in interviews (softball time is over), looking very unsure with Qs about actual issues...

Trump, now facing criticism from RINOs and tea partiers alike...

Trump, now being ostracized by those in his industry because of his outlier beliefs...

Trump suddenly realizes his 15 minutes are almost up - he jumped the shark a little soon - has decided he'll change the subject from birtherism to a feud with Seinfeld.

Sorry, I hope Jerry doesn't "swing down" to the level of this attention whore leech trump.
well written, sir.
w

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #1139 on: April 22, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
Fox Business: Alan Keyes Discusses Natural Born Citizen Issue - 4/21/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xTBTaaCYU&feature=player_embedded

Uploaded by BirtherReportDotCom on Apr 21, 2011
LINKS: Fox Business Network: Dr. Alan Keyes discusses The Citizen Vs. Natural Born Citizen Issue And The Courts Evasion Of The Obama Eligibility Issue. Reminder: Dr. Keyes', et. al., lawsuit against Obama will have oral arguments on May 2, 2011 at 9am, in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Pasadena division, courtroom 1. More details at link - 4/21/2011
http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2011/04/fox-business-goes-birther-alan-keyes-on.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1140 on: April 22, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1141 on: April 22, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »
Fox Business: Alan Keyes Discusses Natural Born Citizen Issue - 4/21/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xTBTaaCYU&feature=player_embedded

Uploaded by BirtherReportDotCom on Apr 21, 2011
LINKS: Fox Business Network: Dr. Alan Keyes discusses The Citizen Vs. Natural Born Citizen Issue And The Courts Evasion Of The Obama Eligibility Issue. Reminder: Dr. Keyes', et. al., lawsuit against Obama will have oral arguments on May 2, 2011 at 9am, in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, Pasadena division, courtroom 1. More details at link - 4/21/2011
http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot.com/2011/04/fox-business-goes-birther-alan-keyes-on.html

I have a hard time listening to Keyes.  What he did to his daughter was just plain wrong. 

In any event, the only legitimate question he raises is whether Obama's father was dual citizen.  IMO, that is the only legitimate unanswered question.  Birthers should let the other issues go and focus on that question.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1142 on: April 23, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
"Birther" claims force GOP leaders to take a stand
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 9:26 AM
Updated: Apr 22, 2011 9:27 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - It's the conspiracy theory that won't go away. And it's forcing Republican officials and presidential contenders to pick sides: Do they think Barack Obama was born outside the United States and disqualified to be president?

As the Republican candidates tiptoe through the mine field, Democrats are watching. They hope the debate will fire up their liberal base and perhaps tie the eventual GOP nominee to fringe beliefs that swing voters will reject.

In recent days several prominent Republicans have distanced themselves, with varying degrees of emphasis, from the false claim that Obama was born in a foreign country. But with a new poll showing that two-thirds of adult Republicans either embrace the claim or are open to it, nearly all these GOP leaders are not calling for a broader effort to stamp out the allegations.

"It's a real challenge for the Republican Party and virtually every Republican candidate for president," contends Democratic pollster Geoff Garin. If it's not handled well, he said, all-important independent voters might see Republicans as extreme or irrelevant.

Many Americans consider claims of Obama's foreign birth to be preposterous, unworthy of serious debate. Yet the "birther" issue threatens to overshadow the early stages of the GOP effort to choose a presidential nominee for 2012. Real estate mogul Donald Trump has stirred the pot lately, repeatedly saying Obama should provide his original birth certificate.

From a political standpoint, it's impossible to dismiss the matter as conspiratorial fantasy, akin to, say, claims that the 1969 moon landing was staged. In the latest New York Times-CBS News poll, 45 percent of adult Republicans said they believe Obama was born in another country, and 22 percent said they don't know. One-third of Republicans said they believe the president is native born.

The same poll a year ago found considerably less suspicion among Republicans. A plurality of GOP adults then said Obama was U.S.-born, and 32 percent said they believed he was foreign-born.

In the latest poll, about half of all independents said Obama was born in the United States. The other independents were about evenly split between those saying he is foreign-born, and those saying they don't know.

Ten percent of Democrats said Obama was born overseas, and 9 percent were unsure.

Obama's birth certificate indicates he was born in Hawaii in 1961. Newspaper birth announcements at the time reported the birth, and news organizations' investigations have rebutted the birthers' claims. The Constitution says a president must be a "natural born citizen."

Trump's leap to the top tier of potential GOP presidential contenders in recent polls has frustrated party leaders who'd like the birthplace issue to go away.

The House's top Republicans -Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor - say they are satisfied that Obama was born in Hawaii. But they have declined to criticize those who state otherwise, and Boehner has said it's not his job to tell Americans what to think.

Trump, meanwhile, keeps fueling the fire. Even though many people doubt he will run for president, he has forced other Republicans to take stands.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania have been the most direct in rejecting the birthers' claims. "I believe the president was born in the United States," Romney told CNBC.

Santorum has no doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, and he "believes this debate distracts us from the real issues," said his spokeswoman, Virginia Davis.

Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour accepts the president's word about his birthplace, his staff said.

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty told an Iowa audience, "I'm not one to question the authenticity of Barack Obama's birth certificate." He added a little jab: "When you look at his policies, I do question what planet he's from."

When ABC's George Stephanopoulos showed a copy of Obama's birth certificate to Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who was ambivalent at first, she said: "Well, then, that should settle it. ... I take the president at his word."

Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin gave mixed signals in a recent Fox News appearance. She praised Trump for "paying for researchers" to dig into claims of Obama's foreign birth. But she added, "I think that he was born in Hawaii because there was a birth announcement put in the newspaper."

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee has dismissed claims that Obama is foreign-born, calling them a distraction. But on a February radio show, Huckabee referred to Obama "having grown up in Kenya," the birthplace of the president's father.

Obama grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. A spokesman said Huckabee's statement was simply a mistake.

Aides to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said voters have not asked him about the birthplace question and he has not discussed it.

The issue has spread to several states where Republican-controlled legislatures have introduced or passed bills requiring presidential candidates, and sometimes others, to prove their citizenship. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, recently vetoed such a bill, calling it "a bridge too far."

Democrats think the birthplace issue might fire up liberals, especially minorities, who in many cases have been dispirited by Obama's frequent compromises with conservatives to pass legislation. Blacks who embraced Obama's barrier-breaking election now see some Republicans claiming he has no constitutional right to be president.

The New York Times-CBS poll was worded in a way that might have subtly encouraged respondents to say Obama is foreign born. "Some people say Barack Obama was NOT born in the United States," the poll's callers said, but they did not offer counter arguments.

Moreover, some pollsters think respondents will seize a chance to call Obama a Muslim or non-citizen to convey something else: a dislike for him or his policies.

"Some people who strongly oppose a person or proposition will take virtually any opportunity to express that antipathy," writes Gary Langer, who polls for ABC News.

Garin, the Democratic pollster, doesn't buy it in this case. The birthers' claims are so prevalent, especially on conservative TV and radio shows, he said, that poll respondents are likely to say what they truly believe about a much-discussed topic.

"There are high- profile people, including Donald Trump and many others in the conservative media, who advocate and validate this point of view each and every day," Garin said. The big question about the birthplace issue, he said, "is the extent to which it drives a wedge within the Republican Party" and turns off independents in November 2012.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/14498647/birther-claims-force-gop-leaders-to-take-a-stand

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1143 on: April 23, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
the power of advertising.
repeat the same thing over and over till people believe it.
fox news has made billions from it. ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1144 on: April 23, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
the power of advertising.
repeat the same thing over and over till people believe it.
fox news has made billions from it. ;)

R u a birther ? 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1145 on: April 23, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
R u a birther ? 

Of course he isn't.  Births take place in vaginas.
Y

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1146 on: April 24, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
Of course he isn't.  Births take place in vaginas.
well played, sir !  ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1147 on: April 24, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Even rev graham came out today and said bama should release his records. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1148 on: April 24, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
Obama's isle birth is easily verified, but few check
By MARK NIESSE
Associated Press
POSTED: 08:37 p.m. HST, Apr 23, 2011
ASSOCIATED PRESS

The name Barack Hussain Obama II is seen highlighted in a computer generated birth index from 1960-1964 in a Hawaii State government binder held at the State Department of Health in Honolulu. (AP Photo/Marco Garcia)
More Photos

Lost in the renewed scrutiny into President Barack Obama's birth records is the fact that anyone can walk into a Hawaii vital records office, wait in line behind couples getting marriage licenses and open a baby-blue government binder containing basic information about his birth.

Highlighted in yellow on page 1,218 of the thick binder is the computer-generated listing for a boy named Barack Hussein Obama II born in Hawaii, surrounded by the alphabetized last names of all other children born in-state between 1960 and 1964. This is the only government birth information, called "index data," available to the public.

So far this month, only The Associated Press and one other person had looked at the binder, according to a sign-in sheet viewed Wednesday in the state Department of Health building. The sheet showed about 25 names of people who have seen the document since March 2010, when the sign-in sheet begins.

Those documents complement newspaper birth announcements published soon after Obama's Aug. 4, 1961, birth and a "certification of live birth" released by the Obama campaign three years ago, the only type of birth certificate the state issues.

So-called "birthers" claim there's no proof Obama was born in the United States, and he is therefore ineligible to be president. Many of the skeptics suggest he was actually born in Kenya, his father's home country, or Indonesia, where he spent a few years of his childhood.

Possible Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has repeatedly stoked the birther fires recently, and last month called on Obama to "show his birth certificate." Trump said he has investigators in Hawaii searching for more information.

"Nobody has come in and said they're investigating for Donald Trump," said Department of Health spokeswoman Janice Okubo, who acknowledged they could've come in without identifying themselves as representing Trump.

What the would-be sleuths won't find is Obama's "long-form birth certificate," a confidential one-page document containing his original birth records kept on file in the first floor of the Department of Health.

Those original birth records typically include additional birth details, such as the hospital and delivering doctor, said Dr. Chiyome Fukino, the state's former health director who twice looked at and publicly confirmed Obama's original long-form birth records.

But those documents are state government property that can't be released to anyone, even the president himself, said Joshua Wisch, special assistant to the state attorney general. Obama would be able to inspect his birth records if he visited the Health Department in person, but original records of live birth are never released, he said.

Fukino, who served as the state's health director until late last year under former Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, said in an interview with The Associated Press she's convinced the long-form document is authentic. She issued public statements in 2008 and 2009 saying she had seen the original records.

"It is absolutely clear to me that he was born here in Hawaii," Fukino told the AP. "It should not be an issue, and I think people need to focus on the other bad things going on in our country and in our state and figure out what we're going to do about those things."

Before Obama's campaign released his certification of live birth in 2008, he or someone with a tangible interest had to make a written request and pay a $10 fee to receive it, Okubo said. Wisch also said Obama obtained a copy of his own certification of live birth and publicly released it.

State privacy laws prevent a certification of live birth from being released to anyone except those with a tangible interest, such as the person named by the birth record or a close family member.

The document is generated by computer, based on original birth records on file with the state, Fukino said.

New Health Director Loretta Fuddy, a Democratic appointee, declined to comment.

Last week, Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoed a bill that would have required presidential candidates to prove their U.S. citizenship before their names could appear on the state's ballot — which was widely viewed as targeting Obama — calling it a "bridge too far."

But the birther conspiracy theory refuses to go away. The latest New York Times-CBS News poll found that 45 percent of adult Republicans said they believe Obama was born in another country, and 22 percent said they don't know. Only one-third of Republicans said they believe the president is native born. The same poll a year ago found that a plurality of Republicans believed the president was born in the U.S.

Obama said in an interview with ABC News this month that Republicans sowing doubts about whether he's American-born may gain politically in the short term by playing to their constituencies, but will have trouble when the general election rolls around.

"Just want to be clear — I was born in Hawaii," the president said at a fundraiser in his hometown of Chicago.

Newspaper birth announcements appeared in both The Honolulu Advertiser and The Honolulu Star-Bulletin in the weeks after he was born.

The Aug. 13, 1961, announcement in the Advertiser appears on page B-6 of the Sunday edition, next to classified ads for carpentry work and house repair.

It says, "Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Hwy., son, Aug. 4." The address belonged to the parents of Ann Dunham, Obama's mother.

A similar announcement appeared the following day on page 24 of the Star-Bulletin.

___

On the Net:

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/obama.html

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Obamas_birth_is_easily_verified_but_few_choose_to_do_so.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1149 on: April 24, 2011, 02:29:29 PM »
I'd like to see a nice comparison of education vs. position on birther issue.