Author Topic: All things "Birther" Thread  (Read 332370 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: All things "Birther" Thread
« Reply #1175 on: April 25, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
How about if it says - Caucasian for the race part.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1176 on: April 25, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
Washington (CNN) - Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who vetoed a bill in April that would have required presidential candidates to prove they were American citizens born in the United States, thinks the so-called birther movement is a "huge distraction."

"It's just something that I think is leading our country down a path of destruction and it just is not serving any good purpose," Brewer said Monday on CNN's "John King, USA."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1177 on: April 26, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »
White House Slams Rev. Franklin Graham for Comment about Issues Surrounding President Obama's Birth
by Kimberly Schwandt | April 25, 2011

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said comments by Rev. Franklin Graham that there were issues surrounding President Obama's birth were "preposterous charges."

Graham, who has met with Obama before, appeared on ABC's "This Week" and was asked about people like Donald Trump bringing up questions about the president's birth. "Well, the -- the president I know has some issues to deal with here. He can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly. I don't -- I was born in a hospital in Asheville, North Carolina, and I know that my records are there," Graham said.

"You can probably even go and find out what room my mother was in when I was born. I don't know why he can't produce that. So I'm not -- I don't know. But it's an issue that looks like he could -- he could answer pretty quickly," he added.

Carney, in an abrupt answer, reacted and said, "It's interesting that a minister would use Easter Sunday to make preposterous charges."

A reporter in the daily White House briefing had asked for reaction to Graham's comments that aired Sunday and also for other charges that Graham has made about the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrating all parts of the Obama administration.

The interview with the influential evangelical pastor took place late last week, but aired on Easter Sunday.

The issue of the president's faith also came up. As recently as last week, President Obama professed his Christianity, also going to church services with his family in D.C. on Sunday. However, the president still battles misperceptions that he is a Muslim.

"Now, he has told me that he is a Christian. But the debate comes, what is a Christian? For him, going to church means he's a Christian. For me, the definition of a Christian is whether we have given our life to Christ and are following him in faith and we have trusted him as our lord and savior. That's the definition of a Christian. It's not as to what church you are a member of. A membership doesn't make you a Christian," Graham said.

The reverend said he does take the president at his word on that. "Well, when he says it, of course, I can't -- I'm not going to say, "Well, no, you're not." I mean, God -- God is the only one who knows his heart."

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/25/white-house-slams-rev-franklin-graham-comment-about-issues-surrounding-president-obamas-b?test=latestnews

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1178 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:43 AM »
How does it feel knowing I cancel out your vote?   

wait !     I thought your vote was going to cancel MY vote?  How many times are you planning on voting?!?!?!? ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1179 on: April 26, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »
The Full Story: CNN Caught Lying About Hawaii Law & The Release Of Obama's Purported Records
ObamaRelease YourRecords ^ | Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Full Story: CNN Caught Lying About Hawaii Law And The Release Of Obama's Purported Records; Hawaii Law On The Side Of Birthers

Video: CNN's Anderson Cooper, Et. Al., Caught Lying About Hawaii Law And The Release Of Obama's Purported Birth Records: Fact: According To Hawaii State Senator Sam Slom, And The Hawaii Law Itself, The Truth Is On The Side Of The Birthers. CNN's Lies Debunked Below... The Segment Aired 4/25/2011...

First Off: "prima facie": (pry-mah fay-shah) adj. Latin for "at first look," or "on its face," referring to a lawsuit or criminal prosecution in which the evidence before trial is sufficient to prove the case unless there is substantial contradictory evidence presented at trial...- It is fair to say there's substantial contradictory evidence regarding Obama's life narrative and birth... Too bad American voters have no "standing" to challenge the 0ne...

What CNN Failed To Report: CNN showed two different Obama COLB's. One with creases from Factcheck.org and the redacted COLB with out creases posted at Obama's FightTheSmears.com.

The U.S. State Department web site clearly reads; "Please note, some short(abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes."...

The Birth Announcements: Even if Obama's COLB is real it does NOT prove a Hawaiian birth. The same type COLB's could also be issued to children not born in Hawaii, under Hawaii law, then and now. That also would have triggered the "birth" announcements as they were produced from a list sent from the HDOH, not the hospital or the parents/grandparents.

Researcher Butterdezillion lays down the law regarding the release of vital records: All requests by those authorized by HRS 338-16 through 338-18 to receive either copies or abstracts MUST be fulfilled. (Note the word "SHALL".) Unless disclosure is forbidden by the laws or rules the request as made must be fulfilled.

HRS 338-13 says: (a) Subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18, the department of health shall, upon request, furnish to any applicant a certified copy of any certificate, or the contents of any certificate, or any part thereof.

Contrary to the claims of the Hawaii Attorney General's Office, that statute specifically allows photocopies:

(c) Copies may be made by photography, dry copy reproduction, typing, computer printout or other process approved by the director of health.

3. HRS 338-18(a) only forbids disclosures that are not authorized by the rules or by HRS 338-18. HRS 338-18(a) says:

(a) To protect the integrity of vital statistics records, to ensure their proper use, and to ensure the efficient and proper administration of the vital statistics system, it shall be unlawful for any person to permit inspection of, or to disclose information contained in vital statistics records, or to copy or issue a copy of all or part of any such record, except as authorized by this part or by rules adopted by the department of health.

4. HRS 338-18b allows those with a direct and tangible interest (including the registrant and his/her relatives, among others) to receive a CERTIFIED COPY OF PUBLIC HEALTH STATISTICS RECORDS. HRS 338-1 defines "public health statistics records" thusly:

"Public health statistics" includes the registration, preparation, transcription, collection, compilation, and preservation of data pertaining to births, adoptions, legitimations, deaths, fetal deaths, morbidity, marital status, and data incidental thereto.

And UIPA (HRS 92F-3) defines "government records" thusly:

"Government record" means information maintained by an agency in written, auditory, visual, electronic, or other physical form. The registration of a birth, in written form, is clearly a "public health statistics record". A certified copy of that paper document is discloseable to anybody with a direct and tangible interest.

5. The DOH Administrative Rules distinguish between the standard birth certificate and the abstract of CONTENT from the birth certificate ("abbreviated birth certificate", now commonly called the short-form or CertificaTION of Live Birth/COLB). Anybody who requests it is authorized to receive a non-certified copy of a COLB, but only those with a direct and tangible interest are allowed to receive a certified copy of either the COLB or the standard birth certificate.

The rules specifically say that the confidential medical portion of the standard birth certificate will not be released UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED.

"Public Health Regulations", Chapter 8b, 2.4(B)(d) says:

(d) Confidential information. Information contained in the section headed "Confidential Information for Medical and Health Use Only" or other similar designation shall not be included on a standard certified copy unless specifically requested by an individual named on the certificate or by a court of competent jurisdiction.... -snip-

Complete details on Hawaii's dirty deeds including links to the above info located at: http://butterdezillion.wordpress.com

More proof the Media and Hawaii officials are lying to the American people. Hawaii long-form issued on March 15, 2011:

Excerpted, more here with the video...

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #1180 on: April 26, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »
Poll: What kind of president would Donald Trump make?
By Susan Page, USA TODAYUpdated 12h 29m ago |  1843 |  18
Reprints & Permissions
WASHINGTON — Republicans may be ready for a fling with Donald Trump, but a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll shows they have reservations about installing him in the White House.

By Alex Brandon, AP
Donald Trump waves after addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last February.
Enlarge
By Alex Brandon, AP
Donald Trump waves after addressing the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last February.
Ads by Google
Donald Trump 2012?
Will you support Trump for
presidency. Vote here now.
www.newsmax.com/surveys
Vote In Our Straw Poll
Who Do You Think Would Make The
Best GOP Presidential Candidate?
townhall.com/StrawPoll
NYTimes Online Packages
Get Digital Access To The New York
Times Today. 99c For First 4 Weeks
www.NYTimes.com
The real estate developer and reality TV star, who scores at the top in polls of the GOP field these days, falls to fourth when Republicans are asked to rate who among the contenders would be a “good” or “great” president in office.
Fifty percent of Americans, including 31% of Republicans, say Trump would make a “poor” or “terrible” president.
STORY: Donald Trump on faith and worship
MORE: Despite Barbour's exit, GOP field open for president
STORY: GOP's gamble on the budget pays off, so far
“Trump is filling a huge void in the Republican Party right now, and he’s gathering a protest vote: protest against the way Washington works; protest with the establishment Republicans,” says Scott Reed, manager for Bob Dole’s 1996 presidential campaign. “The jury is still out whether Trump can translate that into a real candidacy for president.”
His possible bid faces broad resistance: 63% of Americans, including 46% of Republicans, say they definitely will not vote for Trump for president. In comparison, 46% of Americans say they definitely will not vote for President Obama — significantly lower but itself a hurdle to winning the 2012 election.
Though Trump initially got attention by expressing doubts whether Obama was born in the USA, that issue is not driving his support. Among those who say they definitely or might vote for Trump, only about a third question whether the president was born in the USA.
Support from the “birthers” is stronger for Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney. The issue has persisted even though Hawaii has released an official Certificate of Live Birth showing Obama was born there, a fact confirmed in non-partisan investigations by FactCheck.org and others.
Still, in the USA TODAY poll, only 38% of Americans say Obama definitely was born in the USA, and 18% say he probably was. Fifteen percent say he probably was born in another country, and 9% say he definitely was born elsewhere.
USA TODAY/Gallup Poll
Views already are polarized about President Obama and some major Republican candidates for 2012.

Source: USA TODAY/Gallup Poll of 1,013 adults. April 20-23. Margin of error +/-4 percentage points.
Republicans are inclined to say the president was born abroad by 43%-35%.
For what it’s worth, not everyone is convinced Trump was born in the USA either: 43% say he definitely was born here, and 20% say he probably was; 7% say he definitely or probably was born in another country. Nearly three in 10 say they don’t know enough to say.
The poll of 1,013 adults, taken Wednesday to Saturday, has a margin of error of +/–4 percentage points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1181 on: April 26, 2011, 12:57:15 PM »
RNC Chairman dismisses birther talk
By: CNN Political Reporter Peter Hamby

Washington (CNN) - Donald Trump has spent weeks raising questions about President Barack Obama's birth certificate, but Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said Tuesday that so-called "birther" claims are a distraction from more pressing issues facing the nation.

"Trump and the candidates can talk about it all they want, but my position is that the president was born in the United States," Priebus told reporters at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor.

Priebus said his main priority as party chairman is winning elections.

"I don't think it's an issue that moves voters," he said of the birth certificate chatter. "It's an issue in my opinion that I don't personally get too excited about, because I think the more important question is what's going on in this country in regards to jobs, to debt, and the deficit and spending. Those are the things that people are worried about. People aren't worried about these other issues."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/26/rnc-chairman-dismisses-birther-talk/#more-156680

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1182 on: April 26, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »
Obama in 1980 said he was born in Mombasa, Kenya
thepostemail.com ^ | Dec. 3, 2009 | John Charlton

"He also told me something that I never forgot, for it caused me to do some other things in an effort to be nice to him and possibly a favor. We spoke of where I had been and the world as I saw it. I told him I had been to Africa , Mombassa specifically, and he said to me abruptly, “I was born there.”

In the light of what is called “The Birther” movement, these memories are still foremost in my mind concerning this. While I cannot swear it was Barak Obama, all the details I do remember of that chance encounter fit the profile of the man who some people claim is born in Kenya and others claim he was born in Hawaii .

The man I met was about 18, thin, Mulatto, told me he was born in Mombassa, raised overseas, was living in Hawaii and hadn’t yet been to many places in the world outside of those places, mostly, hadn’t been to the mainland of America for any long time period if at all. And he openly told me he wanted to be President.

And I remember that face, the face of a young man who sat on a table to my right front, his hands resting on the edge of the table, him leaning forward, his smile, all teeth. It was Barak Obama. I don’t know if I’d bet my life on it, but I am willing to tell people openly at the risk of my ridicule. I was there, and saw him, spoke to him, and he openly told me he was born in Mombassa, Kenya, not Hawaii."

(Excerpt) Read more at thepostemail.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: April 26, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
get some VIDEO of him saying he was born there, and BOOOM lights out, it's over, he loses.

But right now, you have WHO EXACTLY saying it there?  LOL your interview didn't even name the person who is making the claim?  Jeebus dude.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1184 on: April 26, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
[WH Press Sec.]Carney: Americans Should Be "Appalled" By Birth Certificate "Distraction" (Video)
RealClearPolitics ^ | 4/26/2011 | Jay Carney

"It's an unfortunate distraction from the issues that I think most Americans care about," White House press secretary Jay Carney said about the controversy surrounding President Obama's long-form birth certificate.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: April 26, 2011, 02:22:22 PM »
With all the traction this story is getting, I'm starting to think it could hurt Obama.  If he never releases his BC and never discusses issues surrounding his father's citizenship, there may be a number of voters who start to question whether he is hiding something. 

I still think the Kenyan birth, etc. stuff is nonsense, but the fact he could score some political points by releasing his BC, and refuses to do so, could become problematic.  Unlike most conspiracy theories, it's all over the MSM. 

On the other hand, because I think he was born in Hawaii, he could just be giving people rope to hang themselves with the whole Kenyan birth thing.  Or he could be waiting until later in the campaign to provide documents to blow this whole thing up.   

That said, whatever it is, or whatever happens, I don't think the Republican nominee should even touch this issue.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #1186 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
With all the traction this story is getting, I'm starting to think it could hurt Obama.  If he never releases his BC and never discusses issues surrounding his father's citizenship, there may be a number of voters who start to question whether he is hiding something. 

I still think the Kenyan birth, etc. stuff is nonsense, but the fact he could score some political points by releasing his BC, and refuses to do so, could become problematic.  Unlike most conspiracy theories, it's all over the MSM. 

On the other hand, because I think he was born in Hawaii, he could just be giving people rope to hang themselves with the whole Kenyan birth thing.  Or he could be waiting until later in the campaign to provide documents to blow this whole thing up.   

That said, whatever it is, or whatever happens, I don't think the Republican nominee should even touch this issue.   

believe me, the Republican nominee WILL touch on this issue..Republicans are stupid like that

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1187 on: April 26, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
believe me, the Republican nominee WILL touch on this issue..Republicans are stupid like that

No he (or she) will not.  The nominee will let someone else do the dirty work.  That's how the game is played.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1188 on: April 26, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Bama is taking on a lot of water daily on this. 

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #1189 on: April 26, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
get some VIDEO of him saying he was born there, and BOOOM lights out, it's over, he loses.

How about "I Am So Proud To Come Back Home" while in Kenya?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1190 on: April 26, 2011, 07:59:32 PM »
Father’s race on the Obama birth certificate: only a curiosity or a smoking gun?
Canada Free Press ^ | April 26, 2011 | Lawrence Sellin
Posted on April 26, 2011 9:54:27 PM EDT by Ordinary_American

Nevertheless, there is one thing that I don’t quite understand.

On the Certification of Live Birth (COLB), now widely available on the internet, Obama’s father’s race is listed as “African”.

(snip)

For the sake of argument, let’s say that the terminology is peculiar to Hawaii and Obama filed a Late Certificate of Birth or perhaps his documents were updated in recent years.

In that case, the publicly available COLB must reflect what is written on the source birth documents, even updated ones.

In Appendix B “Hawaii Model – Standard for Clustering Race/Ethnicity Categories” contained in an article published in 2003 by employees of the Hawaii Department of Health, the word “African” appears as an “Aggregated Ethnic Group” under the race category “Black (non-Hispanic)”. That differs from the categories in Appendix A, which apparently represented an earlier version and did not contain the word “African”.

Unless I am mistaken, that information might suggest that Barack Obama’s birth data were updated around 2003 or thereafter.

(Excerpt) Read more at canadafreepress.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1191 on: April 26, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
How about "I Am So Proud To Come Back Home" while in Kenya?

Bump for 240

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1192 on: April 26, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
There are two types arguing this, those who believe he was born elsewhere, and others who believe that's bunk, but question the hiding of all the documents.

Unfortunately, the latter get lumped in with former, and dismissed as loons.  But its not the case - how can an objective, rational American not question the the non-release of the long form, and the millions spent to hide all the other stuff?

Eventually he will have to answer this question directly.
Y

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1193 on: April 26, 2011, 08:10:55 PM »
Appeals court set to hear Obama 'birther' case May 2

A federal appeals court will hear arguments next week about whether Barack Obama was born in the United States and is ineligible to serve as president.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in California will hear arguments on May 2 in the case of Wiley Drake v. Barack Obama. The court decided late last week it would hear 20 minutes of arguments from both sides. No specific date has been set for a decision.

The case is a continuation of a dispute that was heard and dismissed in 2009 by the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

Wiley Drake was California's vice presidential candidate for the American Independent Party in 2008, and Alan Keyes, another of the many plaintiffs in the case, was the candidate for president. As part of those proceedings, plaintiffs questioned the validity of Obama's social security number, and claimed that Obama had failed to produce a formal U.S. birth certificate.

Obama's campaign released a birth certificate in 2008 to prove he was born in the U.S., but people in the so-called birther movement have continued to criticize the certificate.

The arguments have made many in the Republican party uncomfortable, as some prominent Republicans believe the issue has the power to fire up Obama's base and could hurt the GOP in next year's elections.

The skepticism that some have about Obama's status as a U.S. citizen is something that has split the Republican party, as most Republicans see this issue as one taken up only by fringe elements that many describe as "birthers." The fact that many Republicans have ignored arguments about Obama's citizenship is itself an element that may come up next week.

Among other things, plaintiffs are expected to argue that members of Congress, including Republicans such as House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas), have failed to hold hearings about Obama's citizenship. Plaintiffs argue this leaves them with no way of pursuing their complaints except through the courts.

Markham Robinson, the chairman of the American Independent Party's executive committee, told The Hill a court decision clarifying which entities are responsible for determining presidential eligibility would be helpful.

"If it was supposed to be election officials, they didn't discharge their duty," Robinson said. "But a decision would make them do their duty next time. That would be constructive, and at least we know we'd accomplished something."

Robinson said a victory would be an appeals court decision that asks the California district court to reconsider its decision to dismiss the case. He said a loss in the appeals court could lead to a decision to appeal to the Supreme Court.

The California district court's dismissal was based in part on the idea that the powers of the judicial branch are limited, and should not be used to fulfill plaintiffs' demands that Obama should be removed from office.

"One of those limits is that the Constitution defines processes through which the president can be removed from office," wrote Judge David Carter, a Clinton appointee. "The Constitution does not include a role for the Court in that process. Plaintiffs have encouraged the Court to ignore these mandates of the Constitution; to disregard the limits on its power put in place by the Constitution; and to effectively overthrow a sitting president who was popularly elected by 'We the People' — over sixty-nine million of the people."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1194 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:13 PM »
Bump for 240

eh, i'm irish and i'd say the same thing about my irish potato growing homeland.

not a smoking gun we'd have with him telling keyes he's not running for prez so it doesnt matter.

i'm a birther champ, so dont go accusing me of kneepadding here.  But starting this over caucasian is poor at best...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1195 on: April 27, 2011, 04:43:32 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1196 on: April 27, 2011, 04:48:07 AM »

Michigan Goes Birther: Congressman Introduces Proof-of-Eligibility Legislation
Birther Report ^ | April 26, 2011 | Birther Report

Via Detroit Free Press: Lawmaker proposes presidental candidates to produce a birth certificate

A state House lawmaker introduced legislation today that would require candidates for president to produce a certified copy of his or her birth certificate to be eligible to appear on the Michigan ballot.

Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville, said the legislation was aimed at “clarify(ing) a constitutional question that has arisen about a number of presidential candidates,” and not about allegations surrounding the birthplace of President Barack Obama.

“I did not introduce this bill to continue the birther debate,” referring to those who have questioned whether Obama was born in the U.S. and eligible to hold the office of president, Callton said in a statement.

“I introduced this bill to end the birther debate. If this bill becomes law, the debate will end once and for all in September 2012.”

The so-called birther question has been pursued mostly on the political fringe since before Obama was elected, focusing largely on the documentation, or lack thereof, of his birth in Hawaii.

(Excerpt) Read more at obamareleaseyourrecords. blogspot.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1197 on: April 27, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »
youre grasping at straws with the michelle statement dude. 

get one where he admits he can't be president.  People keep claiming he said it during the Keyes debate... there wasn't a mic rolling?  Come on dude, get that one.  Why wasn't it in the transcript?

I'm irish, i follow notre dame, I went to st vincent in ohio for HS, and I love to drink... Ireland is certainly my homeland... doesn't mean I was born there.  I'm a birther with you, but you can't act like her statement means anything.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #1198 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:21 AM »
Hahaha pwned badly.  Long form released nothing like the CT nonsense 333 said. 

BOOOM BITCH!

Abandon every hope...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #1199 on: April 27, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »