Author Topic: All things "Birther" Thread  (Read 332371 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: All things "Birther" Thread
« Reply #1250 on: April 27, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »
Orly Taitz: Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate Should Say 'Negro' Not 'African'
TPMMuckraker ^ | 4/27/2011 | Ryan J. Reilly

"In those years ... when they wrote race, they were writing 'Negro' not 'African'," Taitz says. "In those days nobody wrote African as a race, it just wasn't one of the options. It sounds like it would be written today, in the age of political correctness, and not in 1961 when they wrote white or Asian or 'Negro'."

(Excerpt) Read more at tpmmuckraker.talkingpoin tsmemo.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1251 on: April 27, 2011, 11:29:22 AM »
Orly Taitz: Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate Should Say 'Negro' Not 'African'
TPMMuckraker ^ | 4/27/2011 | Ryan J. Reilly

"In those years ... when they wrote race, they were writing 'Negro' not 'African'," Taitz says. "In those days nobody wrote African as a race, it just wasn't one of the options. It sounds like it would be written today, in the age of political correctness, and not in 1961 when they wrote white or Asian or 'Negro'."

(Excerpt) Read more at tpmmuckraker.talkingpoin tsmemo.com ...

Do we have examples from 1961 that did this?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #1252 on: April 27, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »
Mods move this.  It's jumped the shark big time. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1253 on: April 27, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1254 on: April 27, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Obama birth certificate released by the president: What's really behind his inevitable decision
Los Angeles Times ^ | April 27, 2011 | 10:52 am

In an obvious attempt to keep the goofy issue alive a bit longer, President Obama finally released the long-form version of his birth certificate today.

Rather than simply post it on the White House website, Obama took six minutes of presidential time to visit the White House briefing room, where all the important media folks hang out waiting for their next important broadcast messenger assignment. Such a visit to such an important place by such an important person is guaranteed to attract maximum attention.

Of course, it worked. Would we be writing about this again without the president's appearance?

... If you've got something you want the media to desperately want, tell them they can't have it. High school cheerleaders know this law of human behavior instinctively.

The president says he really, really wants to be talking instead about the crucial, pressing and also the really important real issues facing this nation in the 21st century: national security, the budget, debt limit, energy (but not gas prices).

However, sigh, there's this bunch of, well, you know, different kind of fixated people distracted by something as trivial as whether he's legally qualified to be president of the United States, as he has been for the past 827 days.

And so, as most politicians or appointees claim when forced to do something, he's going to release this long-form birth certificate -- just to end the distraction, mind you.

Which, of course, he could have done 34 months ago when the distraction first began. But the release will keep it going for one more day. And make him look good, a key bipartisan goal of any politician. And keep people busy on that while he does something else.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimesblogs.latimes.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1255 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:53 PM »
Dang.  He embarrassed a lot of folks today. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1256 on: April 27, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
Dang.  He embarrassed a lot of folks today. 

Yeah - himself.   Why didnt he release this 2 years ago?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1257 on: April 27, 2011, 12:04:47 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1258 on: April 27, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »
Yeah - himself.   Why didnt he release this 2 years ago?  

just take the hit.  can't win em all.  he takes this round - until birthers can find fault with this document.  he was NOT legally required to release this.  he only did after a far-right smear campaign was engaged to smear him - and falsely it would appear.

Birthers look bad on it.  Period.  The man had no obligation to release something just to satisfy people spreading a lie about him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1259 on: April 27, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »

OzmO will write:

It's called OCR (optical character recognition). Acrobat and many scanners do this by default. It detects letters and words on the page and allows you to add selectable text to the document without having to type it in manually.

Notice how when you hide a layer, it's white behind it? If it was truly forged, you wouldn't see any of the background missing. It's white because it doesn't know what's behind the text BECAUSE THE TEXT WAS THERE WHEN IT WAS SCANNED.

De-funking and De-bunking CTs since 2005.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1260 on: April 27, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »

It says a lot about Obama's stubbornness.  He let if get to the point that less than 40% off the population believed without a doubt that he was born in HI.  He feels a natural disdain for many Americans, and didn't want to give them the satisfaction.  In the end, it wasn't just far right looney's questioning him, but the majority of the country.  Poorly played by a President who needs help developing trust with the American people. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #1261 on: April 27, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »

hahaha that's rich coming from you crying like a little b*tch over this.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1262 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
Trump shouldn't be patting himself on the back . . . but he's right.  No way the BC gets released without him barking about this issue. 

Here is what some others had to say: 

GOPers react to Obama's birth certificate

(CNN) - Republicans are reacting on Twitter and via statements to President Obama’s surprise release of his birth certificate Wednesday:
Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor

@SarahPalinUSA Media: admit it, Trump forced the issue. Now, don't let the WH distract you w/the birth crt from what Bernanke says today. Stay focused, eh?

Mitt Romney, former and likely presidential candidate
@MittRomney What President Obama should really be releasing is a jobs plan

Republican National Committee
@RNCResearch Obama's release of his birth cert. is a nice, but temporary distraction for him from high gas prices & a terrible economy
Michael Steel, spokesman to House speaker John Boehner, in a statement:
"This has long been a settled issue. The Speaker’s focus is on cutting spending, lowering gas prices, and creating American jobs.”

Tony Fratto, former Bush press secretary
@TonyFratto So the President is playing his Trump card

Mike Murphy, GOP strategist
@murphymike Now... Do I get to see Trump's income tax returns? Say, last ten years?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/27/gopers-react-to-obamas-birth-certificate/#more-156942

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1263 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
It says a lot about Obama's stubbornness.  He let if get to the point that less than 40% off the population believed without a doubt that he was born in HI.  He feels a natural disdain for many Americans, and didn't want to give them the satisfaction.  In the end, it wasn't just far right looney's questioning him, but the majority of the country.  Poorly played by a President who needs help developing trust with the American people. 

what poll did you get that from,don't tell me fox ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1264 on: April 27, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »

Because it was a silly conspiracy theory and he wanted birthers to run around and make fools of themselves for two years?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1265 on: April 27, 2011, 12:24:09 PM »
what poll did you get that from,don't tell me fox ;D

Gallup/USA Today poll

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1266 on: April 27, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
Because it was a silly conspiracy theory and he wanted birthers to run around and make fools of themselves for two years?

Again - playing games and creating chaos.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1267 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »

Not really.  Turns out he actually played this very well.  He only released when it really started to look like he was hiding something.  Turns out he wasn't hiding anything.  The COLB was not a forgery.  Nobody was lying when they said they saw his original BC.  The guy who signed an affidavit claiming there was no BC was not telling the truth.   

As much as I dislike him as president, he really did a good job with this whole thing (in hindsight).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1268 on: April 27, 2011, 12:36:26 PM »

As I said earlier, Trump has shown how you put it to Obama. YOU POUND HIM!!!

Screw what the left-winged goofies (Chris "Thrill Up My Leg" Matthews, Ed Schultz, Christianne Amanpour, etc.) in the media have to say. Pound him on an issue, until he cracks.

They called Trump a birther; he didn't care; "Where's the birth certificate?" they called him a racist; he didn't care; "Where's the birth certificate?" They called him a joke; he didn't care; "WHERE'S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE?"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1269 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:37 PM »
Not really.  Turns out he actually played this very well.  He only released when it really started to look like he was hiding something.  Turns out he wasn't hiding anything.  The COLB was not a forgery.  Nobody was lying when they said they saw his original BC.  The guy who signed an affidavit claiming there was no BC was not telling the truth.   

As much as I dislike him as president, he really did a good job with this whole thing (in hindsight).

Yes - in terms of playing a game.   However, in the meanwhile - he wasted everyones' time and created chaos.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1270 on: April 27, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
Yes - in terms of playing a game.   However, in the meanwhile - he wasted everyones' time and created chaos.  

He didn't create this whole situation.  He just didn't respond to questions and defended himself.  The chaos was created by people claiming he was born in Kenya.  I probably would have done much of what he did, although I would have released the BC a long time ago. 

Then again, I wouldn't want anyone knowing my mom's name was Stanley.   :-\ 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #1271 on: April 27, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »

Jumping the shark  -  A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it 'Jumping the Shark.' From that moment on, the program will simply never be the same."

I hope we've all learned a little something today.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1272 on: April 27, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »
Via FR:

________________________ ____________

I would have expected the Obama operatives to do a better job this time. They’re incompetent.

““Hate to bring this up, but I just checked the official web site for Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital and according to the information there, the name of the hospital at the time of his birth should have been Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital. According to the web site the name didn’t change to Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital until Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital merged with Kapi‘olani Maternity Home in 1978. So how could his official long form birth certificate that was generated in 1961 have the name of the hospital that wasn’t created until 1978?” [link to www.whitehouse.gov] From WIKI: The facility was originally founded by Queen Kapi’olani as the Kapi’olani Maternity Home in 1890 for which she held bazaars and luaus to raise $8,000 needed to start the Home. Kauikeolani Children’s Hospital opened in 1909 named for Emma Kauikeolani Napoleon Mahelona (1862–1931), the wife of Albert Spencer Wilcox (1844–1919).[1] In 1978, it merged with Kapi’olani Maternity Home to become Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women and Children. Check it Out your self at WIKI ! Gives 1978 as the Name Change Date ! [link to en.wikipedia.org]”

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #1273 on: April 27, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »
Well I looked at the Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital website and it does indeed say that it became that in 1978.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FarRightLooney

• Getbig II
« Reply #1274 on: April 27, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
The Nordyke twins born one day after Obama list the hospital name the same way. Their long form that I reference was issued in 1966, well before the official name change date.