Author Topic: Chicago officer charged with murder in killing of black teen  (Read 41795 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: The Chicago police shooting video
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2015, 07:29:22 AM »
These discussions are kind of silly without getting into why there are so many police interactions in the first place.

I live in the city that has, by far, the largest police force in the country, yet I can't remember the last time I've had an interaction with a cop, other than with those I know, personally.

Do the protesters want cops to adopt a laissez-faire attitude?

If this were the case, my guess is that the same protesters would be complaining about how there's never a cop around when you need one.

Whatever led to the interaction is irrelevant. We all accept that blacks and whites have a different relationship with the police. I asked Ropo because his response suggested blacks should be adequately afraid for their lives and act accordingly when interacting with the police. I'm not saying he's wrong..... I'm asking if it's morally right for citizens to have that level of fear of those sworn and paid to protect them.

Staying out of trouble is best, of course.

There's no difference between the people cheering at this execution and ISIS supporters giddy over beheadings. People who think this is good are supporting terrorism against American citizens.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2015, 07:40:01 AM »
Whatever led to the interaction is irrelevant. We all accept that blacks and whites have a different relationship with the police. I asked Ropo because his response suggested blacks should be adequately afraid for their lives and act accordingly when interacting with the police. I'm not saying he's wrong..... I'm asking if it's morally right for citizens to have that level of fear of those sworn and paid to protect them.

There's no difference between the people cheering at this execution and ISIS supporters giddy over beheadings. People who think this is good are supporting terrorism against American citizens.

Timothy McVeigh was an american citizen too.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2015, 07:54:26 AM »

I get what you're saying, but, it's at odds with the reality that in many areas most crimes are committed by young black males. So, if you fit that description, you're probably wise to go out of your way to not act like a perp, and if you do interact with a cop, try to be cooperative. I'm not saying it's fair, just practical and smart.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: Chicago officer charged with murder in killing of black teen
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2015, 07:59:42 AM »
FYI

the charge is 1st degree murder

this requires that there be some evidence of premeditation on the part of the officer

A new video has come out that shows the dash-cam of Van Dyke chasing Macdonald prior to the incident.

gets interesting at about the 4:00 min mark

"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:13 AM »
some very interesting comments about the way the incident was handled.  

including an interview with the lawyer who sued to get the video released

:o
"

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »

As you said, staying out of trouble is best of course.

So as long as the urban black community cannot abide by the laws and rules of society, they will continue to be stereotyped and treated this way. You can't act like murdering and killing savages for 364 days a year and then ask for the benefit of doubt when you're high on PCP and slashing cop car tires with a knife.

The solution lies in the black community cleaning up their collective act and becoming responsible, productive, law abiding citizens.....but they'd rather sleep late, collect welfare, do drugs, procreate like rats, and blame whites for their station in life.

Of the close to 3,000 shootings in Chicago this year, I believe the police data shows this was the eighth person shot (for any reason) by a cop. In almost all instances the Chicago police do a very good job working in the war zones they do. Did the cop, city, mayor, district attorney, police union fuck up in how they handled it? Of course. But to watch Rahm Emanuel and scumbag, convicted felon, cop hating, Black Panther crook Bobby Rush pretend like this video is "new" to them, after having the City pay out a $5M settlement a year ago is just typical bullshit Chicago politics at play.

The answer is simple.....if you don't want the police to shoot you, don't break the law and do what they ask.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2015, 08:28:12 AM »
As you said, staying out of trouble is best of course.

So as long as the urban black community cannot abide by the laws and rules of society, they will continue to be stereotyped and treated this way. You can't act like murdering and killing savages for 364 days a year and then ask for the benefit of doubt when you're high on PCP and slashing cop car tires with a knife.

The solution lies in the black community cleaning up their collective act and becoming responsible, productive, law abiding citizens.....but they'd rather sleep late, collect welfare, do drugs, procreate like rats, and blame whites for their station in life.

Of the close to 3,000 shootings in Chicago this year, I believe the police data shows this was the eighth person shot (for any reason) by a cop. In almost all instances the Chicago police do a very good job working in the war zones they do. Did the cop, city, mayor, district attorney, police union fuck up in how they handled it? Of course. But to watch Rahm Emanuel and scumbag, convicted felon, cop hating, Black Panther crook Bobby Rush pretend like this video is "new" to them, after having the City pay out a $5M settlement a year ago is just typical bullshit Chicago politics at play.

The answer is simple.....if you don't want the police to shoot you, don't break the law and do what they ask.

It's unlikely things will change much until mutual respect, growth, and honesty happens on all sides of the issue.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »
some comments on the mysteriously missing burger king videos

"

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »
It's unlikely things will change much until mutual respect, growth, and honesty happens on all sides of the issue.

Do you feel urban blacks are respectful of each other, others in society, the law, personal property, and the educational system?

Do you feel the urban blacks are honest and trustworthy?

Do you feel urban blacks are really dedicated and motivated to being hard working, productive members of society?

I don't. I believe their entire culture is flawed right to the core. So now they are only looking for handouts, excuses, scapegoats, no accountability, and no responsibility. So I'd saw.....you reap what you sow.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
Idk but I've heard that police are trained to empty their clip when engaging a target, so if that's true this cop was just following his training.

no, they're trained to shoot until the threat this person presented, is no longer present.

Standing at ten feet (and NOT lunging as the FOP rep claimed), one could argue yes, the man posed a threat, and MAYBE you make that stretch that standing, he could have lunged at them.  Initial lie by the union.  THEN the cop fired TWICE.  Dude on the ground. 

The additional 14 bullets were all fired into a near-lifeless person lying on the concrete.  And they weren't in fast succession.  16 rounds took 14 seconds to issue.  He stopped to reload and had to be grabbed by his boy before firing again.
Dig up the court records on the TIMES of the bullets.  He fired slow and methodically and very accurately. 

Just as you CANNOT legally walk up and issue a headshot to a once-present threat once he falls and is no longer a threat-
you CANNOT issue 14 finishing shots to a person who had fallen and is no longer a threat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
If police want to win public support - they should prosecute the 3-4 cops that DELETED the video from BK security camera.

Imagine "you covered up a murder, you're off the force and you're facing charges".  People would be SO HAPPY.

And if it turned out John Q. Public deleted murder footage, you bet your ass, we're losing our job as mailman or whatever, and being charged.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2015, 09:48:16 AM »
If police want to win public support - they should prosecute the 3-4 cops that DELETED the video from BK security camera.

Imagine "you covered up a murder, you're off the force and you're facing charges".  People would be SO HAPPY.

And if it turned out John Q. Public deleted murder footage, you bet your ass, we're losing our job as mailman or whatever, and being charged.

Where I live; there was a nasty DWI accident/death.

A woman was at bar and she became very drunk. She fell down several times in the bar & outside of the bar. She was picked up off of the floor multiple times by employees at the bar. The woman eventually staggered to her car and drove off. A few minutes later she killed a man on the highway (she was driving the wrong way on the highway).

The bar owner deleted the bar's surveillance video footage of the woman's drunken actions that had occurred within the bar and outside of it.

The bar owner was arrested for destroying evidence and obstruction of justice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2015, 09:52:41 AM »
The bar owner deleted the bar's surveillance video footage of the woman's drunken actions that had occurred within the bar and outside of it.

The bar owner was arrested for destroying evidence and obstruction of justice.

that's awesome! 

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »
#whitelivesmatter People who think this just happens to one color aren't paying attention.

No protests or looting over this.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »
Do you feel urban blacks are respectful of each other, others in society, the law, personal property, and the educational system?

Do you feel the urban blacks are honest and trustworthy?

Do you feel urban blacks are really dedicated and motivated to being hard working, productive members of society?

I don't. I believe their entire culture is flawed right to the core. So now they are only looking for handouts, excuses, scapegoats, no accountability, and no responsibility. So I'd saw.....you reap what you sow.

Urban blacks are no less honest and trustworthy than their white counterparts.

Urban blacks are a little more honest about the effect becoming hardworking, productive members of society will have on perception. You could be a doctor and someone still thinks you're a ni&&&# and will act accordingly. Blacks who've go from urban to urbane will attest to the fact that the racism they deal with is worse because it has professional implications.

Handouts help far more whites than blacks. There would be wailing and gnashing of teeth if entitlements were taken away. It would be the funniest thing ever.

That being said, I believe racism is more prevalent in all cultures than people will honestly admit. I also believe the attitudes towards minorities on GetBig mirror society.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2015, 12:46:17 PM »
Urban blacks are no less honest and trustworthy than their white counterparts.

Urban blacks are a little more honest about the effect becoming hardworking, productive members of society will have on perception. You could be a doctor and someone still thinks you're a ni&&&# and will act accordingly. Blacks who've go from urban to urbane will attest to the fact that the racism they deal with is worse because it has professional implications.

Handouts help far more whites than blacks. There would be wailing and gnashing of teeth if entitlements were taken away. It would be the funniest thing ever.

That being said, I believe racism is more prevalent in all cultures than people will honestly admit. I also believe the attitudes towards minorities on GetBig mirror society.

I disagree.

Blacks have earned the perception others have of them by acting exactly like every negative stereotype people have about them.

Of course more whites receive "entitlements" on an overall numbers basis, but nowhere nearly as high on a percentage basis.

And although whites are continually called "racist", blacks have proven themselves to be far more racist toward outsiders. Today's current political and social climate makes crying racism step #1 in the "perpetual victim" handbook and blacks excell at it.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »
So he shot a guy who didn't have a gun in the back, then shot his corpse about a million times. What a pussy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2015, 01:12:24 PM »
MMA-fighter Will Brooks opinions on the matter (may have to scroll down a bit)

https://twitter.com/illwillbrooks86

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

Will Brooks ‏@illwillbrooks86  15h15 hours ago
We as black people have devalued each other so much that we are being laughed at pretty much.
5 retweets 8 likes
Reply   Retweet  5   
Like 8 
More
Everyone is screaming "black lives matter" to everyone else but other black people. It trips me out
25 retweets 41 likes
Reply   Retweet  25   
Like 41 
More
The same people that went out in the streets to protest are the same people watching world star as some black dude punch another black dude
5 retweets 12 likes
Reply   Retweet  5   
Like 12 
More
What that cop did was horrible there is no excuse for what happened. But I have a hard time with this because the biggest reason people are
8 retweets 9 likes
Reply   Retweet  8   
Like 9 
More
These cops are watching blacks kill blacks without any thought that they are thinking hell why don't we join in.
6 retweets 3 likes
Reply   Retweet  6   
Like 3 
More
We devalue each other so much that these dirt bag cops and politicians just look and think 'why should we care if they don't?'
6 retweets 6 likes
Reply   Retweet  6   
Like 6 
More
How do people expect cops or anyone else to care about black lives when in places like Chicago blacks are killing each other every day
20 retweets 47 likes
Reply   Retweet  20   
Like 47 
More
There is no change to be found in Chicago when black people don't even value the lives of other black people.
24 retweets 26 likes
Reply   Retweet  24   
Like 26 
More
People are looking for change in Chicago but don't want to change themselves.
5 retweets 11 likes
Reply   Retweet  5   
Like 11 
More
No one mentions the fact that in Chicago black people are killing black people by the dozens almost every day
22 retweets 32 likes
Reply   Retweet  22   
Like 32 
More
Instead people are celebrating the fact that Chicago is called Chiraq.
5 retweets 6 likes
Reply   Retweet  5   
Like 6 
More
Protesting about the death of a teen killed by a cop in Chicago but not about the numerous black people killed by other black people
12 retweets 17 likes
Reply   Retweet  12   
Like 17 
More
I wonder when people are going to start talking about all the black on black crime that takes place in our society.
8 retweets 20 likes

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2015, 01:23:11 PM »

Quoting someone you call a dindu when it's convenient?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
#whitelivesmatter People who think this just happens to one color aren't paying attention.

No protests or looting over this.

Just here a couple of weeks ago. 2 blacks officers were chasing a white male and he had his about 9 year old son in the front seat buckled. THey came to a dead end and the cops got out and started firing in the vehicle, unloading their guns. THe dad had no weapons, had his hands raised. The dad is in the hospital and the young son shot many times DEAD. They were just trying to serve the dad papers. Did this make national news NO.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 02:01:15 PM »
Just here a couple of weeks ago. 2 blacks officers were chasing a white male and he had his about 9 year old son in the front seat buckled. THey came to a dead end and the cops got out and started firing in the vehicle, unloading their guns. THe dad had no weapons, had his hands raised. The dad is in the hospital and the young son shot many times DEAD. They were just trying to serve the dad papers. Did this make national news NO.

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_330682/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=OO3eA1sA

The kid was 6.

You won't see this on the news

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »

Some of us are hetero and don't Twitter, so what exactly did the dude say?

Don't just post a link.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »
Some of us are hetero and don't Twitter, so what exactly did the dude say?

Don't just post a link.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=587352.msg8313898#msg8313898

Some gems from Will Brooks
Quote from: Will Brooks
We as black people have devalued each other so much that we are being laughed at pretty much.

Everyone is screaming "black lives matter" to everyone else but other black people. It trips me out

The same people that went out in the streets to protest are the same people watching world star as some black dude punch another black dude

What that cop did was horrible there is no excuse for what happened. But I have a hard time with this because the biggest reason people are

These cops are watching blacks kill blacks without any thought that they are thinking hell why don't we join in.

We devalue each other so much that these dirt bag cops and politicians just look and think 'why should we care if they don't?'

How do people expect cops or anyone else to care about black lives when in places like Chicago blacks are killing each other every day

There is no change to be found in Chicago when black people don't even value the lives of other black people.

People are looking for change in Chicago but don't want to change themselves.

No one mentions the fact that in Chicago black people are killing black people by the dozens almost every day

Instead people are celebrating the fact that Chicago is called Chiraq.

Protesting about the death of a teen killed by a cop in Chicago but not about the numerous black people killed by other black people

I wonder when people are going to start talking about all the black on black crime that takes place in our society.